Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,953 members, 7,973,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:13 PM

Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. (711 Views)

Romancelanders, Pls I Need Your Urgent And Sincere Advice!!! / Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? / My Sincere Advice To Romance Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by lareine1: 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2011
I'm a jehovah's witness and am dating a muslim but not a fanatics. He would'nt mind me practicing my religion while he practices his. His dad is a muslim and his mum is an evangelist of the CAC. My fear is that his mum might be against us because i'm a witness although she pleaded with her son to try and marry a christian. As for my family, i wou'nt have problem as long as i promise to remain a witness after marriage. As for the kids, they can choose which part to follow when they grow up. Do you think the relationship will survive?
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by claremont(m): 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
No! angry
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2011
la reine:

I'm a jehovah's witness and am dating a muslim but not a fanatics. He would'nt mind me practicing my religion while he practices his. His dad is a muslim and his mum is an evangelist of the CAC. My fear is that his mum might be against us because i'm a witness although she pleaded with her son to try and marry a christian. As for my family, i wou'nt have problem as long as i promise to remain a witness after marriage. As for the kids, they can choose which part to follow when they grow up. Do you think the relationship will survive?
NO! It wont, and YOU KNOW IT! But if You think otherwise, pls go ahead and marry him! I'll surely like to read your Experience(GOOD or BAD) on NAIRALAND!!! Know the Difference between LOVE and LUST!
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by lareine1: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2011
I'm so sure its not lust. I'm just scared of the future.
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by amblors(m): 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2011
You say your kids can choose which religion to follow and you'll like that?
you guys would make em split, some will join papa, and some mama.
Muslims are also allowed to mary more than one wife, you prepared for that possibility?
there may have been promises you would be the only one, but its a lifetime together that spans several years, things could change,
guess thats where you fear of the future emanates.

you'll get more useful advice from people is similar marriages.
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by omega25red(m): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2011
poster

These are things you and your man should discuss also have elders in your family present and make sure everyone knows the deal before any talk of marriage.
Do not assume that all will be well and just go ahead then come back later to complain. Make sure you talk it out and have agreements before you go further with that it can definitely work  wink
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2011
omega25red:

poster

These are things you and your man should discuss also have elders in your family present and make sure everyone knows the deal before any talk of marriage.
Do not assume that all will be well and just go ahead then come back later to complain. Make sure you talk it out and have agreements before you go further with that it can definitely work  wink
No mind am!
Something tells me you are lying anyway! But i'll reserve my comment on that! You think Nairaland will solve all for you? WAKE UP!
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by lareine1: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2011
I thought about poligamy and he promised a court marriage to make me feel secure. Besides his dad had just one wife before he died and he hates anything poligamy. But i still have my fears because i don't know how his mum who is an evangelist with CAC will react.
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by lareine1: 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
Sexkillz, i'm dead serious. Pls if you have any good advice, i'll appreciate but pls no harsh comments. I beg u in God's name
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by claremont(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2011
la reine:

I thought about poligamy and he promised a court marriage to make me feel secure. Besides his dad had just one wife before he died and he hates anything poligamy. But i still have my fears because i don't know how his mum who is an evangelist with CAC will react.
Take it or leave it, but the fact remains that Muslims are allowed to marry more than one wife. The question for you is that can you handle polygamy if/when he chooses to obey the basic tenet of his religion?! Your answer to the aforementioned question solves your riddle!
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2011
Poster! Forgive me but you dont talk like one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!!
(@ALL, this question is a fail proof way of knowing JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WORLDWIDE, I was taught that by my witness friends)
Now my dear POSTER? Who is Brother GOG of MAGOG? undecided
If you get that right, i'll take back every thing i've said!
If you're wrong, you lie!
If you evade, you lie!
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^^^Waiting
@ Claremont, i'm with you on this one!
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by lareine1: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2011
He's not a brother pls. Its not a person's name.
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2011
la reine:

He's not a brother pls. Its not a person's name.
Did you think i didn't know that? You are yet to convince me! undecided
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
ALL JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES KNOW WHO THAT PERSON IS! DONT GIMME THAT CRAP!. . . . . . WAITING! undecided
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by amblors(m): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Did you think didn't know that? You are yet to convince me! undecided

dude her job aint convincing you.
If you want to help, HELP
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2011
I said she is not a WITNESS! She should stop claiming to be one! If she is LET HER ANSWER FOR THE WORLD TO SEE! Let her prove me WRONG and i'll swallow my words! undecided
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Ivynwa(f): 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
la reine:

What we think do not matter here, it is not in our place to say whether it will survive or not. Couples of the same religion sometimes break up too, if both of you agree on that and work on your marriage it can work for you guys. A very mature nairalander has once mentioned that he is a muslim and his wife is a christian and that he drops his wife in church and attends his own service in the mosque.
Its a beautiful thing seeing Nigerians with such tolerance of one another's religion, such people like you guys are unique and hard to come by. It's a different level of maturity altogether.
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2011
^and why does she need to convince you?Why don't you just stick to the topic.

@op,​ care less about the polygamy issue,since you knw him well n alredy sed he's nt a fanatic,btw,not all muslim men are polygamist, the problem of acceptance by both families,the children and the end of the deal ; ​ mean keeping to his words n not trying to force his religion on you as time goes on,should be well considered,
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
bhusayor:

^and why does she need to convince you?Why don't you just stick to the topic.
Simple! So that people wont advise her thinking she is one, whereas SHE"S NOT! cool
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by iice(f): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
omega25red:

poster

Ding!
Re: Please All I Need Is A Sincere Advice Free From Religious Sentiments. by Mynd44: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
Don't always assume all will be simple. In Nigeria, when it comes to religion and marriage thread carefully

(1) (Reply)

Who Loose? / Please-why Roki And Hoti Did Not Make Da Bomb: 2011 Miss Nairaland 14 Lists / A Letter To Boyfriends This Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.