Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:41 AM

CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days (8507 Views)

I’ll Break All Bottlenecks — Investors Will Make Profit In Nigeria - Tinubu / Tinubu: My Government Will Dismantle Bottlenecks In Mining Sector / Reinforce Use Of Coins - Reps Tell CBN, Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by postbox: 12:39am On Jun 20, 2022
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), working with the Bankers’ Committee, the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), and other non-oil export stakeholders, has unanimously agreed to find long-term solutions to export bottlenecks within 90 days.
Non-oil exporters face a number of challenges, including logistics constraints, financing issues, and regulatory issues.

One solution is to establish an immediate dedicated export route for the easy export of goods and services, followed by the establishment of a national single window for the automation of processes and documentation to improve the ease of exporting goods and services and, as a result, earn foreign exchange.

“I want to appeal to the NPA and Nigerian customs that we establish a working group comprised of the banker’s committee, the NPA, customs, and shipping lines to resolve two issues,” CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele said at the RT200 Non-Oil Export Summit organized by the CBN and the Bankers’ Committee.

“We read about people who want to export goods out of Nigeria queuing for months before their goods can be shipped,” he said. Because time is of the essence, what can the NPA and Nigerian Customs do for exporters in the short term, whether you want to create some sort of dedicated route where they can easily export their goods? We desperately need those export proceeds. According to reports, Nigerian exporters prefer to transport goods by road from Lagos to Accra, then to the Republic of Benin, in order to find an easy route out of the country. We will lose the export proceeds as a result of this.”

“We need one system, and that is the national single window,” said Mohammed Bello-Koko, managing director of NPA. It is a project that has been running for more than 15 years. And this government has attempted to adopt and implement it as well. A committee chaired by the vice president has been working to put in place the national single window.

“The national single window is a single interplay platform where you exchange data, where you feel only one form is enough for Nigerian Customs, standardisation of Nigeria, and so on and so forth.”

“It is also a payment platform, whether you are an importer or exporter; if you are paying five government agencies and you are supposed to pay a total of N100,000, and the system distributes the money automatically.” I am pleading with the Central Bank of Nigeria and everyone seated here to recognize this as a critical national project.”

Emefiele personally unveiled the RT200 FX Program on February 10, 2022, which is a Bankers’ Committee initiative aimed at raising $200 billion in non-oil export earnings over the next three to five years.

“We have seen a significant increase in non-oil export repatriation and have paid over N3.5 billion in rebates to eligible exporters,” Emefiele said.

“We are gathered here today for the maiden edition of the biannual Non-oil Export Summit to harness ideas on how we can increase the value and volume of export in the country, and improve the availability of foreign exchange therefrom. As things stand now, we really don’t have much choice but to look inward and find innovative solutions to our problems,” he added.

https://brandspurng.com/2022/06/19/cbn-banks-and-npa-to-resolve-export-bottlenecks-in-90-days/

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by limeta(f): 1:04am On Jun 20, 2022
Is that so
Government magic
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Flokibanks57: 6:27am On Jun 20, 2022
Stories for the past 7 and years now , we can’t wait for this regime to end sha

20 Likes

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by segebobo: 6:27am On Jun 20, 2022

3 Likes

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by omowolewa: 6:28am On Jun 20, 2022
Artificial bottle necks, what are you now resolving?

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Toneypen247(m): 6:29am On Jun 20, 2022
G
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Mokason288(m): 6:31am On Jun 20, 2022
AND ASUU is still on strike

This government is useless

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by BigRocky: 6:31am On Jun 20, 2022
Medicine after death!
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Kingozymandias(m): 6:32am On Jun 20, 2022
Stories . You had the last 7 years now suddenly this is happening, and more annoying is it's taking 90 days ?

Such a platform can be set up by secondary school student sin southafrica...instead it's taking a whole nation 99 days !!!

We need a leader who understands what ease of doing business is.

You claim to want to encourage alternate sources of revenue besides oil yet you make exports so hard ?

So what wa shall the noise they were making over the last 7 years ?

7 Likes

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by ikotunblog: 6:34am On Jun 20, 2022
This morning, i shot an elephant in my Pyjamas, how it got there, i will never know
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Katier00(f): 6:35am On Jun 20, 2022
itchykuci:
Obi or nothing. Who do you think would be Obi's pick for CBN governor?
what do you guys take this obi for? A magician? Make we hear word abeg

5 Likes

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by olisefom: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2022
Primaries have ended. Awon useless people.

What they could not resolve in 7 years, they are setting unrealistic timeline to usher them into another campaign season. Promise and fail people.

2 Likes

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Pastorsmile: 6:36am On Jun 20, 2022
Failures. Bunches of them.

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by empressSkincare(f): 6:37am On Jun 20, 2022
We need leaders who will understand what doing business with ease means. Get your PVC ready people!!!

Please check my SIGNATURE!
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Ololanla: 6:38am On Jun 20, 2022
Talk tall talk all the time

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by money121(m): 6:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Yimu
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Lordbinsmar: 6:44am On Jun 20, 2022
angry
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by harmargedon: 6:47am On Jun 20, 2022
I need to learn more on manufacturing nuclear warheads. I'll need it next year, to test something.

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by gasparpisciotta: 6:49am On Jun 20, 2022
If the motive is not self serving, then we are good to go with the initiative.

Government bottlenecks have been a bane to most private enterprises, while those that are able to take advantage of the loopholes don’t desire any change, most who would rather do it the right way bear the brunt of government inefficiencies.

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by dalass(f): 6:52am On Jun 20, 2022
wink

When they'll not put intelligent and competent people in charge but old retired nincompoops

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Booringa: 6:52am On Jun 20, 2022
Ok
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by ecomalchemist(m): 6:54am On Jun 20, 2022
I'd be giving out the Gadget importation Guide from USA for free.

This report is for those looking for a side hustle or financial freedom // someone who wants to start laptops and mobile phones importation business but do not know how to go about it.

Do well to reach me via the number on my sig
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Emmy3(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2022
DM new now for your websites (broker, bank, church, school, real estate, shopping/e-commerce, NFT, forex, binary, courier e.t.c), Android and iOS app.
WhatsApp O7O3813-6982

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by shortIGBOman: 6:57am On Jun 20, 2022
Buhari is working. We IGBO are happy over this development. grin

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Parachoko: 7:00am On Jun 20, 2022
Flokibanks57:
Stories for the past 7 and years now , we can’t wait for this regime to end sha
Buhari is a big disappointment
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Emu4life(m): 7:03am On Jun 20, 2022
harmargedon:
I need to learn more on manufacturing nuclear warheads. I'll need it next year, to test something.
Ask Iran and North Korea na. Simple stuff
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by SocialJustice: 7:03am On Jun 20, 2022
Shameless and incompetent bunch.

Peter Obi for President.
Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by wandyvirus(m): 7:11am On Jun 20, 2022
Emefiele and his corrupt counterparts in the customs and the NPA must be high on crack. It does not take 90 days to realize that greed, nepotism and inept officials make life difficult for exporters.
Mefffy has been there long before Buhari but he needs 90 days more to implement what exactly? Mad people.

1 Like

Re: CBN, Banks, And NPA To Resolve Export Bottlenecks In 90 Days by Oplomo: 7:14am On Jun 20, 2022
Exportation outside this country should be far easier than cooking Rice and stew for a country that is always talking about earning Foreign exchange and strengtening the naira.

But these criminals in CBN, customs and other parastatals actually want the naira inflated to N5,000 per dollar.

They only come on TV to pontificate about nigerians going into export as ig they really want it. But just try exporting anything from this country even if it is Nylon bag or soap and see the stress you go through.

Useless import-dependent consumer country.
Abeg PO should come and save us.

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: Tinubu Remains Buhari’s Candidate, No Plan For Interim Government / Oil Discovered In Ghana / James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.