Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,176 members, 7,877,370 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 05:18 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1615320 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) ... (4933) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
izzou:

ASUU strike went for 8 months.

8 good months.

Show me one governor that went to SC to get an injunction to stop ASUU?

Pain ko, Window ni

That's because the two issues have different impact. ASUU only affect university students which are mostly elites, there are families in Nigeria that do not have any child in govt university either they all in private uni, all graduated or all illiterate but issues like fuel and especially cash affects everyone rich poor educated or illiterate

How many people went on riot for ASUU? 3 weeks without cash hits differently

One friend who runs a farm has laborers on his farm. Most of these laborers don't even have bank accounts as half of them are not even Nigerians.

They get paid 1k to 5k daily cash as in after work they queue to collect their money. I doubt you will want to be that farm manager in the middle of nowhere when laborers armed with cutlass finished their work and you are telling them story say money no dey and you have to do transfer when half of them don't even understand your language

All of them don't even know the meaning of ASUU

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Who would've thought this day would come? A day the fiercest Buhari supporters would get tired of defending him and start thinking about their friends and families being negatively affected by Buhari's incompetence which we had always pointed out but they won't acknowledge.

What a time go be alive!
It's a thing of joy actually to witness this show of shame grin grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2023
larride:

It is not BS.

If you want, we can do sector by sector and I will list what Buhari has done in each sector.

Buhari Achilles heel is the mismanagement of the economy through inconsistent monetary and fiscal policy and also his ban ban ban mentality.

Please do list them - Note it is how he has done better than his predecessors.

Maybe I was sleeping throughout my Econs classes at Uni; so there is no correlation between fiiing up both monetary and fiscal policies and his performance on these sector? Oga Larride motigbo.

Gbogbowa ni Buhari mess up yi kan, just dey play 😀
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

I just hope things do not escalate. This type of stuff often spins out of control like a funnel. You think it is going one way then goes in a different direction.
Maybe that's what the Presidency want? If not why would you not flood the ATM's with N50/N100 notes and then limit cash withdrawal to N10k per day? Atleast the artisans with such move the petty traders are sorted if you insist on such small timeframe for changing notes.
What benefit does note changing bring?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
I hope this sudden show of love for the suffering people by Kogi, Zamfara and Kaduna State Governors, will also see them approach the SC for judgement compelling NNPCL to release fuel to all Filling Stations across the Country..

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
I know I'm calling it early but Atiku will win this election.

The momentum is too high, Northern rallies are too convincing. He's unstoppable at the moment.

Prepare Yourself.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
What Buhari is doing right now is called quiet quitting
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2023
raumdeuter:
What Buhari is doing right now is called quiet quitting
Explain Boss
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

The momentum is too high, Northern rallies are too convincing. He's unstoppable at the moment.

Prepare Yourself.
Buhari's Plan!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Amoto94:

The implementation of the policy. Below is my submission when I was asked to analyze the political and economic effects of the policy somewhere
[1/30, 21:35] : Increase in Transaction failure/scam
As we towards the full adoption of cashless policy the financial institutions lack the necessary infrastructures to support the volume of transactions they will be handling, this will lead to high failure rate and poor quality of service. Also, scammers will be on the prowl knowing that large volume of transactions will be carried out via electronic channels, so they will be having a field day.
[1/30, 21:35] Political revolt
With the haphazard implementation of the policy and the attending hardship that follows suit due to shortage of cash and network failure, the ruling party should expect a backlash in the forthcoming polls. I guess this was the reason why the APC candidate lambasted Emefiele and PDP in Ogun and Benue s during his rally in the aforementioned states.
Ok the policy is good but the problem is implementation. First what do you understand to be the purpose of the policy, then suggest a way forward for implementation based on your submissions (poor infrastructure and shortage of cash) taking cognisance of the purpose of the policy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ihebu4chelsea:
Explain Boss

In short, quiet quitting has been popularized recently with employees that are just at a job for the paycheck and aren't really emotionally or intellectually engaged. It's about doing the bare minimum, and not going “above and beyond”.

Meaning you show up, barely do anything

Its like quitting your job without officially resigning. So you just show up and act uninterested
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by wman(m): 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Prepare Yourself.

I have a feeling too.

Sadly, it's either Atiku or Tinubu.

Atiku will win the north and he has the best chance of getting 25% in most states. The major factors against Atiku winning is the power of incumbency, the forces of INEC and the police plus APC's vote buying.

Nigerians are so bleeped up that they haven't suffered enough. And they are so tribalistic that they can't realize that Peter Obi is a better option.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

In short, quiet quitting has been popularized recently with employees that are just at a job for the paycheck and aren't really emotionally or intellectually engaged. It's about doing the bare minimum, and not going “above and beyond”.

Meaning you show up, barely do anything

Its like quitting your job without officially resigning. So you just show up and act uninterested
Okay!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
A001:

It's not enough for me. When scientists discover and understand the origin of the universe, I may stop being an agnostic.

Then, I don't see any special benefits or privileges of believing in God's existence. Everything religious people enjoy, freethinkers also enjoy them.

Then, I'm not an African traditionalist. However, I respect African traditions (the good ones) and see a lot of wisdom in them.

This is why I promote them.
At first bolded - there's the theory of the big bang,

At second bolded, it's not a point since you already don't believe in the existence of God. You have to first believe before you can say you derive or don't derive any benefits. I can deduce from that comment, logically that you believe in the existence of God but consciously deny it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
đŸ€”

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
A001:
đŸ€”

Wahala no dey finish đŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Prepare Yourself.

Current situations in the country has favoured Atiku more. Tinubu must double up his struggles to win.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Prepare Yourself.

It’s not early. Some of us called it immediately after the primaries.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Prepare Yourself.

Atiku will not win. He has Kwankwaso to contest with in the NW, Shetima and the APC governors in the NE, APC governors and PO in the NC, PO in the SE and SS, Tinubu in the SW. How exactly is he going to pull it off?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

It’s not early. Some of us called it immediately after the primaries.

At the time, it looked like it because Obi was not regarded by anyone. Obis rising popularity has made it very difficult for Atiku to win
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Itsrm:

At the time, it looked like it because Obi was not regarded by anyone. Obis rising popularity has made it very difficult for Atiku to win

More difficult but not impossible. Considering the fact that Tinubu is sooo weak in the SE and SS and Obi is soo weak in the NW and NE, I think Atiku still has the best chance.

You don’t have to win any number of states to be president. You just need 25% of the votes in 24 states and more votes than the other candidates. I think Atiku’s road to fulfilling those requirements is still the most straightforward.

I agree though that if Obi wasn’t running the result would have been a landslide Atiku victory.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
Itsrm:

Obis candidacy only took Atiku from 80% chance to 55% chance

If you noticed, I never staked a bet against Atiku. And no one who knows numbers and demography will
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 3:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

That's because the two issues have different impact. ASUU only affect university students which are mostly elites, there are families in Nigeria that do not have any child in govt university either they all in private uni, all graduated or all illiterate but issues like fuel and especially cash affects everyone rich poor educated or illiterate

How many people went on riot for ASUU? 3 weeks without cash hits differently

One friend who runs a farm has laborers on his farm. Most of these laborers don't even have bank accounts as half of them are not even Nigerians.

They get paid 1k to 5k daily cash as in after work they queue to collect their money. I doubt you will want to be that farm manager in the middle of nowhere when laborers armed with cutlass finished their work and you are telling them story say money no dey and you have to do transfer when half of them don't even understand your language

All of them don't even know the meaning of ASUU

grin grin grin. Your takes are always funny and they hit differently. I like how you reason issues.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Spy360:

At first bolded - there's the theory of the big bang,

At second bolded, it's not a point since you already don't believe in the existence of God. You have to first believe before you can say you derive or don't derive any benefits. I can deduce from that comment, logically that you believe in the existence of God but consciously deny it.
The Big Bang doesn't explain the source of the Universe; it's only a model that explains the beginning of the Universe.

But the Universe might not even have a beginning, and the beginning of something might not necessarily be its source.

About believing in God or not, you don't have to project your beliefs on mine. I only believe in what's proven scientifically and has real benefits.

Religious people are some of the most wicked people you'll find anywhere in the world, especially those in Nigeria.

There are few kind religious people, but the wicked ones are more in number.

So far, I can't see the effects or benefits of believing in a god in the lives of religious people.

Recently, a severe earthquake hit Turkey and Syria, two of the most religious countries globally, killing roughly 5000 people.

Today, I'm sure people in various parts of the world would have died.

Daily, religious people face a series of challenges about health, feeding, shelter, and so on, problems that belief or disbelief in a god or prayers can't solve.

To prevent and address these problems, only critical thinking, philosophy, and science and technology can help, not any god.

The gods of religion are useless.

No cogent benefits in believing in a god. If there are, some of us that have left religion for years now will revert immediately.

It's only oxygen, food, shelter you can't live without, not a god.

You left something one, two, three, four years, and are living better. Why would you want to go back to ignorance and superstition?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
What A001 need is a wife

And I have searched far and wide, I finally found him one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2QPZE9MoI

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

More difficult but not impossible. Considering the fact that Tinubu is sooo weak in the SE and SS and Obi is soo weak in the NW and NE, I think Atiku still has the best chance.

You don’t have to win any number of states to be president. You just need 25% of the votes in 24 states and more votes than the other candidates. I think Atiku’s road to fulfilling those requirements is still the most straightforward.

I agree though that if Obi wasn’t running the result would have been a landslide Atiku victory.

Fair enough.

It is my belief that the key to Atiku winning or not lies in the hands of those 18(I believe) APC governors in the North.

If they stay true to Tinubu and can mobilize votes for him, Atiku will not win.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

Obis candidacy only took Atiku from 80% chance to 55% chance

If you noticed, I never staked a bet against Atiku. And no one who knows numbers and demography will

No one who works hard for his money should stake money on this election even if it's against Obi. Who knows grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
raumdeuter:
What A001 need is a wife

What she's doing is highly important for the development and survival of Yoruba language.

A language is a living entity that also needs to be constantly developed, modified and remodified to stay relevant with the times so that it doesn't die.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
raumdeuter:
What A001 need is a wife

Atum be praised.

Eeri ereke re bo se gun rege. Ka ma puro, ka mu t’egan kuro, Wuraola dara l’obinrin.

A001, mo ba e yo o!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
Itsrm:

Atiku will not win. He has Kwankwaso to contest with in the NW, Shetima and the APC governors in the NE, APC governors and PO in the NC, PO in the SE and SS, Tinubu in the SW. How exactly is he going to pull it off?

This is exactly why he will win. He will compete for votes EVERYWHERE.

Atiku will be competitive everywhere.

Honestly, unless there is a Northern consensus shortly before the election for the Presidency to come South. Nothing is stopping Atiku except outright rigging. I have to mention that his Northern rallies have been really really convincing. Almost similar to Buhari 2015/2019 outing. Unbelievable.

Note : I'm not an Atiku supporter. Just stating my observation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
Itsrm:

Fair enough.

It is my belief that the key to Atiku winning or not lies in the hands of those 18(I believe) APC governors in the North.

If they stay true to Tinubu and can mobilize votes for him, Atiku will not win.

There is a limit to what APC governors can do given how deep PDP is in most Nigerian states. They have structures of over 20yrs

In 2003 2011, 2015 PDP had governors all over the North but couldn't stop Buhari. Atiku is using the Buhari formula currently though not exactly Buhari hes hoping 60% of the Buhari votes would push him over and win the ballot for him
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

Atum be praised.

Eeri ereke re bo se gun rege. Ka ma puro, ka mu t’egan kuro, Wuaraola dara l’obinrin.

A001, mo ba e yo o!
Lols, Atum is for the aboriginal Egyptians. I no get relative for Egypt. If I need to praise any entity, na my head I dey praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) ... (4933) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.