Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,093 members, 7,896,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1684586 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) ... (5012) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2023
seankafor:
baba, this one you dey jump from dm to dm

Apc gorvenment don show you shege embarassed
You are wicked.....

Infact you are a baskard......

Warisdis. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2023
seankafor:
https://www.nairaland.com/7575976/old-naira-loot-now-completely

E be like Kwankwaso done get bank plug to exchange all him own loot
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:38pm On Feb 20, 2023
This certainly cannot be the Ikpeazu Ayu told us has now joined the Atiku team cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/7577808/2023-presidency-ikpeazu-wike-support
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ellexy:
Segedinho this is a shout out to you.. grin

https://twitter.com/Jude__Oc/status/1627725816401362976?t=3DBbmQgRXps-7z4D92vYFg&s=19
Oba gha to kpere..........
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
Deep

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
An interesting thread stumbled upon in reddit.

A university in Islamabad, Pakistan asked it's students to write an essay on whether it is right or wrong for a brother and sister to have had casual sex. Then further clarifications are given in the comments. And it's quite an eye opening thread on morality. And the entire concept of right and wrong in our society.

Insightful stuff I tell you.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
Donjazet2:

A university in Islamabad, Pakistan asked it's students to write an essay on whether it is right or wrong for a brother and sister to have had casual sex. Then further clarifications are given in the comments. And it's quite an eye opening thread on morality. And the entire concept of right and wrong in our society.

You know morality is a man-made concept that's neither absolute nor universal. It is relative and varies from one culture/country to another.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
Donjazet2:

Eeewww!

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

Palapala ilu apala

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Eeewww!

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

Palapala ilu apala

It is a classic moral question

Much like the trolley problem
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is a classic moral question

Much like the trolley problem

Incest is a crime in this part of the world and none of our respective cultures/traditions support it. I think that’s that about morality on this issue .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
Donjazet2:

Humans have the capacity to decipher between right or wrong (Morality) without religion. Morality on it's own is a social construct that defines acceptable standards and it evolves as human behavior evolves.

Morality vs Ethics is a bigger debate. What is morally right vs what is ethically right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
Donjazet2:

Incent is wrong whichever way you look at it. angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
Time no dey to waste grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 10:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
Dayo Israel is another eloquent talent in tinubu's arsenal
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2023
larride:

That word is basically the bone of contention here..

What are the parameters upon which to decide what is "right" or "wrong"?

In a world of 8 billion people, with more than a million different societies and different ways of life, upon which universal standard can we claim what is "right" or "wrong"?

You said earlier that our culture and traditions are against it. But that isn't a yardstick to guage the rightness of morality because many of our past traditions have proven to be wrong and downright barbaric. Example, senseless killing of twins..

Just as our society forbids incest, some societies in Asia approve of it and look favorably upon it.
Mind you I make no justification for it whatsoever. Just reading the logical positions of people there.
The more I read opinions there, the more my jaw dropped.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 10:58pm On Feb 20, 2023
Omo.. things dey happen sha. One thing led to another, and here we are. cheesy I swear reddit is another world on its own. I'm like a child who just discovered a treasure trove of something. . What you see there no be wetin them dey talk for mouth. cheesy cheesy

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Roland17:

Humans have the capacity to decipher between right or wrong (Morality) without religion. Morality on it's own is a social construct that defines acceptable standards and it evolves as human behavior evolves.

Morality vs Ethics is a bigger debate. What is morally right vs what is ethically right?

Well said, which is why I think it's acceptable to say some societies have advanced much faster than others in terms of morality. But then that very statement becomes a paradox.

Because while some look at the advanced society as being on a path of retrogression or moral decay, they uphold traditional conservative values which they believe is morally superior to the evolved and advanced moral society. As I said, a very funny paradox. cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:08pm On Feb 20, 2023
Just saw this on frontpage.

So students who were just returning to vote for peter obi had accident on the road and some lost their lives. cry cry
Nigeria claims yet another life prematurely. I feel terrible whenever I hear news of road accidents, I swear.
https://www.nairaland.com/7577816/madonna-students-returning-election-burn
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I do not agree with this bold part of ur statement , I agree totally with Afrodoc on this .

Myself for example , growing up I read TELL magazine , The news magazine , and dem Newswatch which my old man buys weekly . They tell stories of how things happen in the real sense of it.

In modern times I’ve read a lot of nonsense posted by youngings on social media all in the name of blogging/journalism and I shake my head . You will see nonsense headlines that don’t agree with the body of the news article , you begin to wonder who even edited such nonsense before it made it to the news.

I also read a lot of books about the history of the country , about the civil wars and political dispensations that were told from a first person point of view . I read books like Wole Soyinka’s the man died, different accounts of the civil war from different authors with different biases and a discerning mind can always point out the facts in those books . What do we have today ? Just nonsense being posted on social media and when u decide to engage the author they will just veer off course and can’t defend their write-ups.

Just seeing this now, that's why I put an "if" there..

In the old days, your sources of information were limited, whether right or wrong information. Many were at the mercy of traditional mainstream media. Which is why criminals like James Ibori, murtala Mohammed, sani abacha and atiku are still celebrated in some parts of this country.

Today, you can see any information you look for only "if" you wish to look for it. Those magazines you were reading, you couldn't tell if they also contained some tools of propaganda for certain elements in the society be it politicians or business men who sought image laundering.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
DonJ, no be everything be philosophic matter.

Wetin concern incest with paragraphs?

Proverbs 4:23: More than anything you guard, protect your mind, for life flows from it.

Who incest help?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2023
larride:

Am interested to know your reasons.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
Donjazet2:
Omo.. things dey happen sha. One thing led to another, and here we are. cheesy I swear reddit is another world on its own. I'm like a child who just discovered a treasure trove of something. . What you see there no be wetin them dey talk for mouth. cheesy cheesy

I’d advise you to be careful with Reddit because while it has good information, commentary and intelligent perspectives/ debates, it is extremely liberal and reactionary. Filter and research views before you accept them..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2023
Very soon they'll legalise bestiatility.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
Roland17:

Humans have the capacity to decipher between right or wrong
I disagree wholeheartedly. We are conditioned by society and other environmental factors on
how one perceive whats good/bad and wrong/right.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Bayo Onanuga was actually a good journalist back in the days. He's one of those guys that really gave it to the Military governments back in the days with his pen.

The thing is when people join partisan politics their loyalty suddenly moves to whoever is responsible for buttering their bread. Na wetin dey happen be that. His job selling Tinubu's candidacy at this time is a tough one, but baba gats to hustle for the muller.

Me and you dey talk the same thing Na grin....Bayo na agba journalist
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 11:46pm On Feb 20, 2023
PdAPC,O'kon yin o ni bale....

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2023
Bombblacks:

I disagree wholeheartedly. We are conditioned by society and other environmental factors on
how one perceive whats good/bad and wrong/right.

Sir, you are disagreeing with yourself. I can not debate you when you intentionally or unintentionally removed parts of my sentence to suit your narrative.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 11:54pm On Feb 20, 2023
Roland17:

Sir, you are disagreeing with yourself. I can not debate you when you intentionally or unintentionally removed parts of my sentence to suit your narrative.

I have added your full post underneath and it still didn't make any difference. Can humans decipher what is wrong or right without religion, society and various environmental factors? The answer is clearly no which is what I diagreed with in your post.
Roland17:

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2023
Ibime:
DonJ, no be everything be philosophic matter.

Wetin concern incest with paragraphs?

Proverbs 4:23: More than anything you guard, protect your mind, for life flows from it.

Who incest help?

Please I am not in anyway advocating for this oo. We are only discussing it's perceived morality..

We all believe incest is bad, but "what" exactly makes it bad? That's basically what the university question is asking to be discussed. The perceived morality..

WHY IS INCEST BAD?

I continue to put a disclaimer, my post is in no way an advocacy but we all grow intellectually when such difficult questions are posed.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2023
Roland17:

I’d advise you to be careful with Reddit because while it has good information, commentary and intelligent perspectives/ debates, it is extremely liberal and reactionary. Filter and research views before you accept them..

I don't know about that. They do have some prominent conservatives voices and opinions there. That's what makes the entire place lively. And the moderation is superb too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) (1529) ... (5012) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m), GloriousGbola, Godstime001, BlueRayDick, akwesenana, izzou(m), MrJaay(m), TrebleChamp(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.