Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,968 members, 7,876,676 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:16 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1612814 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (4931) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by VoteTinubu2023: 10:41am On Feb 26, 2023
No matter how you look at it, LP is not getting that 25% required spread in 24 states.

In NW - 1
In NE - Let's generously assume 2
NC - Maximum is 5
SS - 6
SE - 5
SW - 2 (Only possible in Lagos though)

Total (even with exaggeration) = 21
Can somebody explain how. Were will the 25% come from?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2023
monerozi5590:

I know you are a good man sir.

. You said ""You know they won't still be better off even with their candidate coasting to victory " That's not a good wish sir.

God will help us all. Amen.

It's like u are missing the point in all of this.

I'm okay with my friends voting APC, PDP or any other party I don't fancy. But I will never be okay with such people posting on their whatsapp status laughing at the fact that voters were harrased, intimidated and disenfranchised. I will not be an enabler of such persons.

If it's all game to them, then so be it. Two can play the game. I know whatever God they serve that makes it okay for them to laugh such sad incidents off will also provide for them when they need him.

Shikena!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2023
We are the bigot

Says the brainless woke Yoruba.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2023
larride:

Very terrible turnout.

Tueh

grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 10:43am On Feb 26, 2023
VoteTinubu2023:
No matter how you look at it, LP is not getting that 25% required spread in 24 states.

In NW - 1
In NE - Let's generously assume 2
NC - Maximum is 5
SS - 6
SE - 5
SW - 2 (Only possible in Lagos though)

Total (even with exaggeration) = 21
Can somebody explain how. Were will the 25% come from?
will APC get 25% in Anambara and Enugu?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2023
I'm told Peter Obi is taking Lagos. Is that true?

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:44am On Feb 26, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Yes US politics have a long history of spoilers.

I remember Ross Perot was the spoiler that Bill Clinton used to defeat George H.W Bush in 1992 and Ralph Nader was the spoiler that allowed George W Bush defeat Al Gore in 2000.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2023
FBS:

Interesting.

APC is winning Lagos comfortably.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2023
FBS:

Interesting.
make Dem inec officials just behave..

Obidients have been resilient to the thugs so far

Let's watch if the officials in the ince will behave
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 10:47am On Feb 26, 2023
FBS:

Interesting.

grin

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2023
ShaqFu:
people blamed Buhari for everything that is wrong with Nigeria and last I checked, Kogi state is part of Nigeria.

See, Joe, Nigerian sociopolitics has taught me there would always be regular and ordinary Nigerians without political power who would justify and praise the evil of the ruling class, the President regardless.

That there are people on this thread who have been celebrating Yahaya Bello and Wike for intimidating and rigging the process yesterday is testimony enough. Nothing really surprises me.

Nigerians would always justify evil politicians regardless of who becomes President.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nostradamus1: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2023
I think Bauchi results is live
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by VoteTinubu2023: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2023
seankafor:
will APC get 25% in Anambara and Enugu?
Won't Matter. cheesy

6 SW + 19 Northern states + 3 states in SS (Rivers, Edo, Cross River, Akwa Ibom)

APC is after simple majority at this point. National spread no be wahala thanks to the structure of criminality cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 10:53am On Feb 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

That is a different argument. What I was addressing is your claim that Obi did not help Tinubu.

Without Obi you and I know that Atiku defeats Tinubu in the SE in a landslide and also wins the SS.

To simplify. Obi took 11 states away from Atiku in the SS and SE.

Even most of Obi’s NC votes are Northern Christian votes that would have gone majorly to Atiku.

Kwankwaso completed the hatchet job by stripping Atiku of his NW PDP votes.

What must have surprised him (like it did many of us) was the strength of the Obi movement. Immediately Obi became a major factor Atiku’s hopes were doomed.
Naah I don't agree Atiku wins by landslide in SS/SE. Are you forgetting 3 of the states in that region are under APC?

You say Obi took away 11 states from Atiku. I say who says the 11 states are for Atiku? Hustle your votes is the name of the game. Atiku picked a governor from Delta and even the same Delta is not guaranteed to vote Atiku. That says it all.

Now let's come to the North. Atiku's numbers are far from impressive. Most of the Northern voters voting Obi would have sat out the elections. Same with the South.

Kwankwaso network no pass Kano and Jigawa that means 17 Northern states to fight for. Benue and Plateau are potentially leaning towards Obi. That is making 15 states up for grabs

Again everyone is expecting people to step aside for Atiku instead of him to compete on his own rights.

So your argument might be right in principle but how can we argue Obi helped Tinubu when we should be asking if Atiku is actually good enough to help himself?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ShadowCracker(m): 10:54am On Feb 26, 2023
larride:

APC is winning Lagos comfortably.
Nah why una dey rig am nah cheesy cheesy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 10:55am On Feb 26, 2023
A40:
Ortom is not hated or radioactive. A lot of Nigerian governors no dey pay salary. That one is not news. Go and ask Osun state civil servants what their eyes are seeing or what their eyes saw for Oyetola hand.

Ortom will win his district with minimal fuss. Benue people respect him for the courage he handled the Fulani Herdsmen crisis with

The same El Rufai that imposed Muslim Muslim candidate on a cosmopolitan city and state like Kaduna? El Rufai na bigot. And this is coming from someone that does not use that word loosely. There's a reason Southern Kaduna residents are voting Obi enmasse and don't tell me it's because of Datti

Baba the deputy governor in EL Rufai first term was a Christian from Southern Kaduna, Bantex. He left after 4 years. That he wants to contest for Kaduna South Senatorial District. He is APC man. He was beaten by a PDP man.

Since El Rufai is from the North side, his deputy must be from the South side. He picked a woman from the South side but the woman is a Muslim. He said he picked her because of competency and performance based not because she is a Muslim.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 10:57am On Feb 26, 2023
grin

Reno don give up.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 10:59am On Feb 26, 2023
A40:
Naah I don't agree Atiku wins by landslide in SS/SE. Are you forgetting 3 of the states in that region are under APC?

You say Obi took away 11 states from Atiku. I say who says the 11 states are for Atiku? Hustle your votes is the name of the game. Atiku picked a governor from Delta and even the same Delta is not guaranteed to vote Atiku. That says it all.

Now let's come to the North. Atiku's numbers are far from impressive. Most of the Northern voters voting Obi would have sat out the elections. Same with the South.

Kwankwaso network no pass Kano and Jigawa that means 17 Northern states to fight for. Benue and Plateau are potentially leaning towards Obi. That is making 15 states up for grabs

Again everyone is expecting people to step aside for Atiku instead of him to compete on his own rights.

So your argument might be right in principle but how can we argue Obi helped Tinubu when we should be asking if Atiku is actually good enough to help himself?

You are conflating electoral mathematics with the substance and quality of the candidate.

Which states would Tinubu have won in the SE in a straight contest between Atiku and Tinubu. Let’s start from there.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 11:05am On Feb 26, 2023
♾️♾️♾️

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:05am On Feb 26, 2023
It is this same lack of understanding of electoral mathematics that made Obidients angry that Tinubu chose a Northern Muslim, when he was going to be smashed at the polls if he did different.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:07am On Feb 26, 2023
This election is now between Tinubu and Obi.

Atiku fall hand big time, but one of the major factors is the Obi campaign juggernaut which was beyond his control.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 11:08am On Feb 26, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Be calming down
That one can never happen

ok
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 11:08am On Feb 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

You are conflating electoral mathematics with the substance and quality of the candidate.

Which states would Tinubu have won in the SE in a straight contest between Atiku and Tinubu. Let’s start from there.
That's neither here nor there. If Atiku can lose all 11 SS states. Am I supposed to assume states like Cross Rivers, Imo, Rivers, Bayelsa even Edo couldn't have been stolen by APC?

If Atiku goes 0-11 H2H vs Obi in that entire region while Atiku cannot hold his weight up North then the help argument is immaterial.

Ok say Obi finishes with more votes than Atiku you will still say Obi helped Tinubu? Or that Atiku was simply not popular enough to win on his own merits
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by VoteTinubu2023: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2023
A40:
What this tells me is Atiku is a leech banking on SS/SE votes

Why is he entitled to votes from that geopolitical zone when his standing is shaky in the North? If he cannot win North Central states and deep North states why should the SS and SE back him?

This is the entitlement we're talking about. If he was winning in the North it's a different case but as we speak can you point 5 states in the North that is banker for Atiku?
Atiku is actually doing pretty well in the North as against his disastrous outing in 2019. Just that APC is closing him down.

I doubt Atiku can leave any core Northern state with marginal vote difference of 400k and above. Max he will do in any state is 150k - 200k.

It's still early though. Things can still take a sharp turn.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 11:09am On Feb 26, 2023
Oasis003:

Officially announced.

This turn out small oo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tataffo: 11:09am On Feb 26, 2023
If this election was FREE AND FAIR in the south like it was in the north,LABOUR will clear EVERYTHING

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis003: 11:10am On Feb 26, 2023
afrodoc2:
It is this same lack of understanding of electoral mathematics that made Obidients angry that Tinubu chose a Northern Muslim, when he was going to be smashed at the polls if he did different.

🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:10am On Feb 26, 2023
Life na turn by turn.

In 2013 patience Johnathans antics forced amaechi widely and rightly celebrated as one of pdps performing governors into the arms of apc. If GEJ had won amaechi would have been in prison maybe to this date.

Now in 2023, the beneficiary of dame ps madness is in the exact same space. The only difference is he cannot publicly flee to a party he was ordering hits on a few years back.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:12am On Feb 26, 2023
ribbit:
We are the bigot

Says the brainless woke Yoruba.

Remind me again how the East voted Obasanjo against Ojukwu himself 😊
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 11:12am On Feb 26, 2023
A40:
That's neither here nor there. If Atiku can lose all 11 SS states. Am I supposed to assume states like Cross Rivers, Imo, Rivers, Bayelsa even Edo couldn't have been stolen by APC?

If Atiku goes 0-11 H2H vs Obi in that entire region while Atiku cannot hold his weight up North then the help argument is immaterial.

Ok say Obi finishes with more votes than Atiku you will still say Obi helped Tinubu? Or that Atiku was simply not popular enough to win on his own merits

Lol so you can’t tell me which SE states Tinubu would have won?

Another question. Whose votes did Obi cut into more, was it Atiku’s votes or Tinubu votes?

One thing about electoral maths is that it doesn’t care about your feelings. 😁

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:13am On Feb 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

Tinubu is not looking for participation trophies.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 11:13am On Feb 26, 2023
afrodoc2:

If it was between tinubu and atiku, Tinubu will definitely get a lot of votes. Even if atiku wins it will be narrowly.

You think igbos are happy with Northern dominance?

There is a reason igbos supported obasanjo to win massively. Wasnt because of PDP. It was cos they were tired of Northern presidency which never took Nigeria anywhere. Maybe after that, PDP became the party they supported more.

But thinking that Obi took atikus vote in SE is balderdash. Obi took both the ones timubu would have gotten too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) ... (4931) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.