Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,119 members, 7,877,159 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1614686 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) ... (4932) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:27am On Mar 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I think that's the plan all along, I was in onne free port zone and the place felt like a mini Lagos I got to find out majority of the companies there import their skilled staff from Lagos while using the indigenes as contract staff, non skilled staff
My host was telling me he rejected 2 big offers in Lagos and he left his family in Lagos

It's just annoying when people make it seem like they have a bird's eye view of what is happening in every part of Nigeria and start making points based on that.

There are Yorubas who own filling stations, bakeries, eateries in the north. The cost of living in that part of the country is cheaper and nobody taxes them to death or rent properties to them at exorbitant prices cos they are non indigenes. People will always travel and live in areas where they feel they are more welcome. Igbos are in Lagos cos they feel they are much welcome here.

Cubana has two clubs/lounge in Lagos; one on the island and the other in Ikeja. He pays tax to Lagos state government like every other persons nd nobody goes to disturb his business. That's why I say make all these people wey dey parrot these tribal narratives hustle and make money like their brothers and enjoy life instead of having a defeatist mentality that anybody is after them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by emmaodet: 6:31am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

What u should be saying is different ethnic groups In Nigeria have their own specific areas outside their regions they prefer traveling to.

Go to places like Yauri, Zuru in Kebbi and u will practically see Osun state and Oyo State indigenes speaking Yoruba freely on the street. The same in some parts of southern Kaduna. Go to Abidjan in Ivory coast and u will see Yorubas from Ejigbo In Osun State conversing in Yoruba in large numbers like it's the official language.

There are Hausa speaking who flood Lagos and even have communities in places like Agege, Okokomaiko, Shibiri, etc. There's even Kano street In ebute mẹta Lagos mainland.

Igbo's like to travel to the north to trade and also to other parts of south to trade. They also travel abroad to Asian countries like China, India, Malaysia etc.

No be must say Yorubas must flood the east before u believe they travel oustide their region. U can.oy speak of what u know about, stop generalising and making it look like Ur own point of view is the S.I unit of judging a whole tribe

Lol, bro calm down.
I am speaking for myself already and what i said is my view. It doesn't mean it is yours.
You also say yours the way you view it and the viewers will compare, sieve, pick and learn from it. That is how discussions go.
Why i agree with your points, i will add that most yorubas even prefer traveling out to abroad because we have the believe that other nigerians are coming to Lagos for greener pasture, so literarily, it doesn't make much sense going the the other way.
It is like a British coming down to hustle here why most of us are going there to hustle. So the best is for the British to go to US or Canada if they want a greener pasture. Atleast, that is the mentality
Many yorubas believe rather going to other regions, it is better we go abroad reason why we full places like pecham in UK, Atlanta Georgia in US and co

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:36am On Mar 03, 2023
emmaodet:

Lol, bro calm down.
I am speaking for myself already and what i said is my view. It doesn't mean it is yours.
You also say yours the way you view it and the viewers will compare, sieve, pick and learn from it. That is how discussions go.
Why i agree with your points, i will add that most yorubas even prefer traveling out to abroad because we have the believe that other nigerians are coming to Lagos for greener pasture, so literarily, it doesn't make much sense going the the other way.
It is like a British coming down to hustle here why most of us are going there to hustle. So the best is for the British to go to US or Canada if they want a greener pasture. Atleast, that is the mentality
Many yorubas believe rather going to other regions, it is better we go abroad reason why we full places like pecham in UK, Atlanta Georgia in US and co

Na everybody dey travel abroad bro, people just have different places abroad they prefer traveling to. Igbos prefer Asian countries, Yorubas prefer UK, USA, etc while Edo people prefer Italy, Eastern Europe, etc.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:42am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na everybody dey travel abroad bro, people just have different places abroad they prefer traveling to. Igbos prefer Asian countries, Yorubas prefer UK, USA, etc while Edo people prefer Italy, Eastern Europe, etc.

Lmao

I understand this..
But I remember the day pictures of anambra was shared on twitter and alot of yorubas were actually surprised by how anambra looked coz they didn't expect that level of development.

Also if someone says the igbos settle in more parts of Nigeria than yorubas especially lagosians, would you disagree or agree to that seeing as we have not met all Igbos or all Yoruba's based in Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:44am On Mar 03, 2023
And one more thing.

Are Yorubas different from lagosians

Reason I'm asking is this.

If an urhobo man moves to lagos and has 3 generations of family inside Lagos, would his kids and grandkids be referred to as lagosians or not?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:49am On Mar 03, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao

I understand this..
But I remember the day pictures of anambra was shared on twitter and alot of yorubas were actually surprised by how anambra looked coz they didn't expect that level of development.

Also if someone says the igbos settle in more parts of Nigeria than yorubas especially lagosians, would you disagree or agree to that seeing as we have not met all Igbos or all Yoruba's based in Lagos.

You see bro, the problem this present generation is they do not read!

The good old days of newspapers and magazines, u don't need to travel out of Ur own locality to know people within Ur tribe travel far and wide. U will see newspapers and magazines with columns and articles focusing on a particular set of people, their way of live, their choice of travel destinations and where u can find them in large numbers outside ther region/home state.

I didn't even leave Lagos to know Ejigbo people of Osun State have a community is Ivory Coast. I read it in the papers. I read about the igbo community in Equatorial Guinea in the papers. Now we have the Internet that makes people have access to such information easily but we would not use it for learning, na to just troll and project our biases on people. 🤦‍♂️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:20am On Mar 03, 2023
Mahmood Yakubu really shiiit for church mehn! 🤦‍♂️!

Normally this man supposed dey jail

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpUNSaWD_pl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 7:30am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I said it before that losing the job shouldn't be the only punishment for failed INEC chairmen. A failed election is like treason to the country as it can lead to serious instability. A jail sentence should be attached to failure if culpability can be proven.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 7:32am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I've never felt hopeless for this cun3 ever in my life before..

I won't wish this cun3 to my worst enemy 🤦
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 7:32am On Mar 03, 2023
monerozi5590:

....but what do you expect from hinterland? Don't you think you are trying too hard to make your point?

Mention hinterlands in Nigeria where literacy level is high and let's do comparison. Let's learn something new from you sir.

You expect to see good roads and infrastructure in hinterland and all. Common bro
common bro

Let him enjoy his stupidity in peace.
Werey saw the hinterland of agulu where obi came from but thinks those places are very developed only to come around be be capping nonsense. grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I have been preaching it the man no suppose finish the collation before them throw the werey inside jail

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 7:36am On Mar 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:

I have been preaching it the man no suppose finish the collation before them throw the werey inside jail
who go throw am inside jail? Is it the paymasters that gave him the script to play mot a mot?

He might be awarded a noble prize 🏆 by the gorvenment for conducting the best election in Nigeria history
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:42am On Mar 03, 2023
Realmrsean:
who go throw am inside jail? Is it the paymasters that gave him the script to play mot a mot?

He might be awarded a noble prize 🏆 by the gorvenment for conducting the best election in Nigeria history
Laslas he's the upgraded version of Maurice iwu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ToyinDipo(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2023
Lol, now there is chest beating from everywhere.

When Odua was making money from Cocoa, timber and other farm products, developing their lands building the first Nigerian sky scraper, the first stadium in Nigeria with imported grass…, what were you doing with your palm nuts.

Oil contributes 6% to the country GDP, so far has become water that you can find anywhere in the country, and in some decades to come, will have zero value except the gas deposits, let’s see what some regions will have by then.

You want to compare Lagos to your beautiful state, maybe you take the population of Lagos to your state and see what’s going to happen in the next few months.

You want to know where Lagos money is being invested, google it, and you’ll see it is a lot more than for them to be investing in an airport that will have maximum of 50 passengers per week.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 7:55am On Mar 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Laslas he's the upgraded version of Maurice iwu
when dino and those agents walked out.. it was obvious that the remaining party agents in that collation center were paid puppets by APC monster tilumbu..

The way they were gingering the inec chairman to continue ehh, I was just shaking my head..

what this cun3 breeds everyday is hard hardened criminals, generation upon generation, it births stone 🪨 hearted Hitler-like devilish armed robbers..

Kidnappers and assassin's are more morally guided than politicians..

It's as if once one has entered politics, he signs his soul to the devil 👿.. and vow never to do anything right..

The feww who might want to do things right, they are crushed and anhiliated by these lost souls and unfortunately they either submerge and bend these few good ones and these good ones becomes more badder and evil.. or they kill the few good ones in cold blood..

It really pains me to the chore.. I've still not gotten over this

It's hard to come to reality that you have really lost the only cun3 you call your own.. it's just like loosing someone or something dear to you.. you watch it fade, diminish and vanish and there is little or nothing you can do..

Even me here that is doing more evil due to the evil society I live in.. I'm not happy doing this because it's not who I am, but the society bent and make people do what they aren't supposed to do..
You have to do it or else you will die and rot in vain in your grave 🪦 and many others will continue doing more evil..

I just wish someone can just detonate a nuclear missile let everyone just vanish and let everything start afresh..

Evil society
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 7:58am On Mar 03, 2023
raumdeuter:

https://www.nairaland.com/7594298/throwback-mobolaji-johnson-lagos-not

If we think deeply about Lagos and the current no man's land situation, it's 90% the fault of tinubu. He has been using the situation to hold on to power in Lagos.

Every election cycle, they paint the opposition as ibo candidate, make Yorubas feel threatened and vote against the opposition.
Even the oppositions like agbaje didn't help their own case by always pandaring so much to igbos for votes thereby solidifying the threats Yorubas are feeling.

He gave them too much space in Lagos and kept using them to win elections. It was Only Ambode that was trying to curtail the excesses of these people and totally crush the thoughts of no man's land but he was not allowed to continue.

It's a genius but devilish ways republicans have been winning election in some red states too. Give the white conservative something to fear and watch them queue behind you.
Immigrants, blacks, arabs, Muslims are coming to take over your land. Better do something.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 8:00am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Wahala dey oo..No wonder LP and PDP dey para..

Over 300bn spent and we still had the same shit..Since when I come back my area, alot of people are saying no more voting again for them...Voter apathy wey go dey on the 11th no be here..And na this direct upload wey make people vote this period..

As we dey para for the inec worker make he upload results thinking we were doing something reasonable undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2023
afrodoc2:

I said it before that losing the job shouldn't be the only punishment for failed INEC chairmen. A failed election is like treason to the country as it can lead to serious instability. A jail sentence should be attached to failure if culpability can be proven.

The guy is just so annoying 🤬

He has succeeded in making a whole lot of people lose hope in any electoral process in the future.

I don't think I will ever vote in any Nigerian election again 🚶‍♂️
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 8:02am On Mar 03, 2023
Realmrsean:
when dino and those agents walked out.. it was obvious that the remaining party agents in that collation center were paid puppets by APC monster tilumbu..

This is what happens when you look very well but don't see, pretend to listen but don't hear

I watched the broadcast and at least 1 (one) of the party agents a while after the walkout took microphone and said "I didn't walkout in protest not because I'm fully in agreement of what's happening but I stayed to keep protesting" then asked questions

I guess "APC monster tilumbu....." paid him too and paid him to say that

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 8:03am On Mar 03, 2023
ToyinDipo:
Lol, now there is chest beating from everywhere.

Oil contributes 6% to the country GDP, so far has become water that you can find anywhere in the country, and in some decades to come, will have zero value except the gas deposits, let’s see what some regions will have by then.

Shut up, you liar!

Oil contributes ~ 26.04 to the GDP of Nigeria until about last quarter of 2022 when ICT overtook it.

Now it has risen again overtaking ICT since I reported it here in October. And oil contributes more to Nigeria because NNPC Ltd remits only 80% revenue in theory to the FG while keeping 20%. And oil companies handle 40% of total oil which the FG still taxes in the background.

We are even benevolent enough to share excess crude oil acoount with all states so shut up!

Where are your cocoa and groundnut now? You abandoned it to focus on free oil yet any little argument, you ask our mutual relatives ri leave your land.

What does Ekiti or Osun contribute to Nigeria? What?! Yet we aren't complaining. You think we in Akwa Ibom can't start successful agitations? You think if we team up with the Ijaws, Binis and Urhobos Nigeria would survive it?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:06am On Mar 03, 2023
CrystalTiger:

Wahala dey oo..No wonder LP and PDP dey para..

Over 300bn spent and we still had the same shit..Since when I come back my area, alot of people are saying no more voting again for them...Voter apathy wey go dey on the 11th no be here..And na this direct upload wey make people vote this period..

As we dey para for the inec worker make he upload results thinking we were doing something reasonable undecided

E reach to para bro. How does one make an announcement to Nigerians, released press release and still go ahead to address the whole world on the electoral process and procedures only to do the exact opposite?

I've seen some foolishness being parotted about online with some people claiming he outsmarted PDP that had planned to hack the server. I call it foolishness because if he wanted to do that, he should've addressed everyone of us the way he did when he promised to transmit results electronically in real time. He owed us that. He didn't just get 300 billion naira just to whatever comes to his mind at the die minute. He just no rate us except his paymasters
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:08am On Mar 03, 2023
Realmrsean:

The way they were gingering the inec chairman to continue ehh, I was just shaking my head..

what this cun3 breeds everyday is hard hardened criminals, generation upon generation, it births stone 🪨 hearted Hitler-like devilish armed robbers..

Kidnappers and assassin's are more morally guided than politicians..

It's as if once one has entered politics, he signs his soul to the devil 👿.. and vow never to do anything right..

The feww who might want to do things right, they are crushed and anhiliated by these lost souls and unfortunately they either submerge and bend these few good ones and these good ones becomes more badder and evil.. or they kill the few good ones in cold blood..

It really pains me to the chore.. I've still not gotten over this

It's hard to come to reality that you have really lost the only cun3 you call your own.. it's just like loosing someone or something dear to you.. you watch it fade, diminish and vanish and there is little or nothing you can do..

Even me here that is doing more evil due to the evil society I live in.. I'm not happy doing this because it's not who I am, but the society bent and make people do what they aren't supposed to do..
You have to do it or else you will die and rot in vain in your grave 🪦 and many others will continue doing more evil..

I just wish someone can just detonate a nuclear missile let everyone just vanish and let everything start afresh..

Evil society
All these childish antics won't take you anywhere
You don't decapitate head to cure headache, improve yourself so that the society won't fully affect you

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:09am On Mar 03, 2023
iamoyindamola:

The guy is a disgrace to the academics. Smh. Nonsense professor
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:09am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

You see bro, the problem this present generation is they do not read!

The good old days of newspapers and magazines, u don't need to travel out of Ur own locality to know people within Ur tribe travel far and wide. U will see newspapers and magazines with columns and articles focusing on a particular set of people, their way of live, their choice of travel destinations and where u can find them in large numbers outside ther region/home state.

I didn't even leave Lagos to know Ejigbo people of Osun State have a community is Ivory Coast. I read it in the papers. I read about the igbo community in Equatorial Guinea in the papers. Now we have the Internet gba makes people have access to such information easily but we would not use it for learning, na to just troll and project over biases on people. 🤦‍♂️
As someone rightly said we are in an age of information but pervasive ignorance still persist especially when it comes to knowing people and their way of life.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 8:10am On Mar 03, 2023
People keep shouting 300bn was budgeted for the selection sorry election but what they dont know is budget is just an estimate, how much was released to INEC and how did they utilised the release funds should be,at the forefront of the debate.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:11am On Mar 03, 2023
ribbit:
common bro

Let him enjoy his stupidity in peace.
Werey saw the hinterland of agulu where obi came from but thinks those places are very developed only to come around be be capping nonsense. grin

grin grin grin. The thing shock me walahi.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:14am On Mar 03, 2023
Amoto94:

You are repeating what I've already said.
No I'm not, you made it sound like the people that had the oil folded their hands and other tribes alone contributed to the money for early oil exploration

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:15am On Mar 03, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The guy is a disgrace to the academics. Smh. Nonsense professor
Who dash am professor
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 8:16am On Mar 03, 2023
Even as far back as 1975 to 1980, oil was contributing as much as ~40℅ to Nigeria's GDP. 40%!

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PETR.RT.ZS?end=1980&locations=NG&start=1975

Who do you want to deceive with lies? Ken Saro Wiwa got killed for it. Ogoni is unlivable. It's about 40 minutes drive across state lines from my LGA. You need to see how damaged this place is. I'm just lucky Akwa Ibom didn't get damaged by the oil exploration.

Yet imagine bragging to an Ogoni man who suffers this ruin, telling him you accommodate him in Lagos while feeding on the feeds from his lands.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:16am On Mar 03, 2023
DissTroy:

Shut up, you liar!

Oil contributes ~ 26.04 to the GDP of Nigeria until about last quarter of 2022 when ICT overtook it.

Now it has risen again overtaking ICT since I reported it here in October. And oil contributes more to Nigeria because NNPC Ltd remits only 80% revenue in theory to the FG while keeping 20%. And oil companies handle 40% of total oil which the FG still taxes in the background.

We are even benevolent enough to share excess crude oil acoount with all states so shut up!

Where are your cocoa and groundnut now? You abandoned it to focus on free oil yet any little argument, you ask our mutual relatives ri leave your land.

What does Ekiti or Osun contribute to Nigeria? What?! Yet we aren't complaining. You think we in Akwa Ibom can't start successful agitations? You think if we team up with the Ijaws, Binis and Urhobos Nigeria would survive it?

JV agreement between FG and oil companies.

Lmao again I say no need to reply this person.
People have not seen what shege is in terms of wahala but want to beat chest about faux importance because of land.
E easy to talk say you fit chase people from your place until you actually have to physically fight people to leave and you realize it's not beans🙃.

But make we bone all these talks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:17am On Mar 03, 2023
Amoto94:
People keep shouting 300bn was budgeted for the selection sorry election but what they dont know is budget is just an estimate, how much was released to INEC and how did they utilised the release funds should be,at the forefront of the debate.
So how much was released for selection sorry election
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ToyinDipo(m): 8:18am On Mar 03, 2023
DissTroy:

Shut up, you liar!

Don't tell me to shut up ignoramus.

In 2021, the quota was 8%, and often ranged between 9 and 5%. You can cry all you want, lie all you want, but that is fact.

Cocoa or no cocoa, we take handouts from no one, and I pray you don't self destruct when left on your own.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1825) (1826) (1827) (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) ... (4932) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: YoungB1a(m), PendragonVII, Theflint1(m), obainojazz(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.