Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,905 members, 7,872,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:43 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600684 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2023
Theflint1:
https://twitter.com/OneJoblessBoy/status/1633364350814625792?t=oSE9HUW-PEgZFWguIm2Rwg&s=19

Certain persons might not like this as it'd bust the incredulous bubble that's become the Lagos Island real estate market, but it'd benefit Lagos as a whole.

I was quite disappointed with the fact that he made repeated reference to expanding Lagos Westward, and improving traffic links to those areas.

Any sensible planner should actually be looking to alleviate the human traffic from the North of Lagos instead where the vast majority of the states population lives.

There's really only 2 access roads to the Island area, and I don't need to tell any lagosian how dem choke die.

BRT was one attempt to address that. Lagos-Ibadan railway another. I need to be hearing more of that. I get super irritated by these coastline mofos that are only interested in the gentrification of their swamps.

Lagos state doesn't start at Isale Eko.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
Donjazet2:
Okpansukkaisbae, as peter Obi has unequivocally endorsed edeoga in Enugu, do you think this seals the deal?

Will this put an end to the confusion between him and nweke and will all obidients lean that way now? What's the situation on ground now like?

The election is between PDP & LP. They will fight to finish
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
obainojazz:
City people usually build in the village in naija lol

Mostly to regrets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Joezinho: 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2023
raumdeuter:
The business community don line up

Nigeria is open for business

Shinedus and shukwudis will start cancelling Elumelu.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2023
Joezinho:

Shinedus and shukwudis will start cancelling Elumelu.

You no dey tire? undecided undecided

Upon say you dey yankee, you still dey like this, haba undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2023
nihilistjnr:

I was quite disappointed with the fact that he made repeated reference to expanding Lagos Westward, and improving traffic links to those areas.

Any sensible planner should actually be looking to alleviate the human traffic from the North of Lagos instead where the vast majority of the states population lives.

There's really only 2 access roads to the Island area, and I don't need to tell any lagosian how dem choke die.

BRT was one attempt to address that. Lagos-Ibadan railway another. I need to be hearing more of that. I get super irritated by these coastline mofos that are only interested in the gentrification of their swamps.

Lagos state doesn't start at Isale Eko.
if I'm correct, you're suggesting optimizing movement around the city centre for those that already live there while GRV is suggesting making it easier for people to commute to and fro the city centre such that they don't necessarily have to live in or around the city centre for them to work in the city centre...I prefer his idea since it pushes development to other parts of the state which in his words are like they're not a part of Lagos.

Then as regards the gentrification of swampy areas, I think you both are on the same page cause he mentioned moving housing development to areas with better lands which would cost less to develop.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
Some of you guys are naturally too bitter to be called human.

Tufiakwa........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2023

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2023
Theflint1:
if I'm correct, you're suggesting optimizing movement around the city centre for those that already live there while GRV is suggesting making it easier for people to commute to and fro the city centre such that they don't necessarily have to live in or around the city centre for them to work in the city centre...I prefer his idea since it pushes development to other parts of the state which in his words are like they're not a part of Lagos.

Then as regards the gentrification of swampy areas, I think you both are on the same page cause he mentioned moving housing development to areas with better lands which would cost less to develop.

I didn’t watch the video , but I’m concerned about the bold part of ur post . Which areas in Lagos still have lands available for housing development apart from the swampy areas after Ibeju on the way to Epe and Epe itself ? Even Bdadgry side sef, na water side land remain for there .

I can’t remember anywhere in Lagos where land still dey available for development sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:26pm On Mar 08, 2023
Theflint1:

Nobody lives there.

90% of Lagos State population is on the mainland.

You can't be talking about improving transport links to Badagry and Epe and to benefit your fat cat developer friends when from 4pm every day Yaba, Surulere, Jibowu, Akoka, Somolu, Bariga, Ogudu is in standstill traffic till midnight.

If you live in Lagos or are from there, there's no way you agree with what that elitist was saying. He's basically trying to extend Lekki towards Epe and Badagry.

I remember when going to Lekki Peninsula was an excursion, and visiting Lekki beach was an actual event for most kids because it was so far away. All LASG has done since then is gentrify the coastline swamps for the rich, whilst ignoring the masses on the mainland.

There's no way you live on the mainland or have experienced rush hour traffic and agree with GRV.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I didn’t watch the video , but I’m concerned about the bold part of ur post . Which areas in Lagos still have lands available for housing development apart from the swampy areas after Ibeju on the way to Epe and Epe itself ? Even Bdadgry side sef, na water side land remain for there .

I can’t remember anywhere in Lagos where land still dey available for development sef
He specifically mentioned Badagry and Ikorodu areas which would be linked with better state-wide transport systems.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
I blame Sanwo-Olu for this 😑

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Cc Theflint1
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Theflint1:
He specifically mentioned Badagry and Ikorodu areas which would be linked with better state-wide transport systems.

Baba dem don buy all the land wey dey Ikorodu finish . When I mean dem don buy an finish , I mean dem don buy all the land finish reach Imota, Itokin , etc. Anybody living in those areas coming to Lagos island everyday sef na war .

As for Badagry , na the water water part land remain . I don’t know what he said he will do in the video but like what Nihilist pointed out , he should be more concerned about improving the traffic situation in places like Surulere , Yaba , Ikeja , oshodi , etc.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Una need Wike, Mr Flyover cool
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 7:38pm On Mar 08, 2023
CrystalTiger:

You no dey tire? undecided undecided

Upon say you dey yankee, you still dey like this, haba undecided undecided

It's because you are emotional and easily get triggered. Someone calls you Shinedus and Shukwudis? Own that ish!

Own it and be proud. Why should you consider your own people's name an insult? Even if it's meant as a slur, own it. Beat your chest and say "I am Shukwudi".
What's wrong with Shinedus being synonymous with Igbo people?

As long as it's nothing criminal, illegal or untrue, why be triggered by a name? Own it proudly and whatever demeaning intention was behind it becomes ineffectual.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Nobody lives there.

90% of Lagos State population is on the mainland.

You can't be talking about improving transport links to Badagry and Epe and to benefit your fat cat developer friends when from 4pm every day Yaba, Surulere, Jibowu, Akoka, Somolu, Bariga, Ogudu is in standstill traffic till midnight.

If you live in Lagos or are from there, there's no way you agree with what that elitist was saying. He's basically trying to extend Lekki towards Epe and Badagry.

I remember when going to Lekki Peninsula was an excursion, and visiting Lekki beach was an actual event for most kids because it was so far away. All LASG has done since then is gentrify the coastline swamps for the rich, whilst ignoring the masses on the mainland.

There's no way you live on the mainland or have experienced rush hour traffic and agree with GRV.
Not just Badagry, he also mentioned Ikorodu, both of these areas are on the mainland. In the interview, he also mentioned incentivizing companies to set up shop in these new developing parts of the city to ease the population pressure in the city centre.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Cc Theflint1

if the city centre wasn't so choked, Livelongnprospa would be home already cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

I have 6 plots of lands in 3 different locations in ikorodu. I still get calls to come buy more lands in ikorodu almost on a monthly basis

U are making my point for me, except that u took a part of my post and quoted it in isolation . I can bet the part of Ikorodu u are referring to requires to take lengthy time to first get to Ikorodu town before joining the express .

I said those areas, if u have business concern on the island or mainland , u won’t really stay in those areas . They are far from other parts of Lagos . I know Ikorodu really well .

Some of these areas don’t even have banks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U are making my point for me, except that u took a part of my post and quoted it in isolation . I can bet the part of Ikorodu u are referring to requires to take lengthy time to first get to Ikorodu town before joint the express .

I said those areas, if u have business concern on the island or mainland , u won’t really stay in those areas . They are far from other parts of Lagos . I know Ikorodu really well .
If companies are pushed to those parts of the city, everybody won't have to be having business on the mainland and island at the same time. He's not mentioning these ideas in isolation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
audio lands and property everywhere 🙄

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
BlueRayDick:

U are making my point for me, except that u took a part of my post and quoted it in isolation . I can bet the part of Ikorodu u are referring to requires to take lengthy time to first get to Ikorodu town before joint the express .

Some of these areas don’t even have banks

Okay that's fair enough. honestly I didn't read everything. I thought you meant the whole ikorodu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
Theflint1:
If companies are pushed to those parts of the city, everybody won't have to be having business on the mainland and island at the same time. He's not mentioning these ideas in isolation.

How do u push companies to those areas ?

So u will push KPMG to that area or u will push EY to that area ? U will force banks to open branches in those areas where the inhabitants don’t even keep most of their money in bank not to talk of taking credit facility from banks ?

How do u think businesses are run ? U think a business man will just go site a business in an area that doesn’t appear to be a potential cash cow to them ?

Mike Adenuga once had Equitorial Trust Bank in his own town ; after one serious robbery incident he relocated the branch and they never enjoyed the banking services ever again in his town . Business is not charity.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

I have 6 plots of lands in 3 different locations in ikorodu. I still get calls to come buy more lands in ikorodu almost on a monthly basis
Where in ikorodu undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2023
Business isn't charity, yes, but governments can drive and incentivize the development of cities and otherwise business-barren areas through policy.

if the demography of these areas where people previously kept monies in kolo starts to change, business will move to these areas.
BlueRayDick:

How do u push companies to those areas ?

So u will push KPMG to that area or u will push EY to that area ? U will force banks to open branches in those areas where the inhabitants don’t even keep most of their money in bank not to talk of taking credit facility from banks ?

How do u think businesses are run ? U think a business man will just go site a business in an area that doesn’t appear to be a potential cash cow to them ?

Mike Adenuga once had Equitorial Trust Bank in his own town ; after one serious robbery incident he relocated the branch and they never enjoyed the banking services ever again in his town . Business is not charity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

I'm reticent about that
Bros the only place you will be getting land in ikorodu are places in the next 5 years human won't still live there or getting corner piece here and there
Even Omo Onile Dan move out of ikorodu majority of them are going to ajah axis
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Bros the only place you will be getting land in ikorodu are places in the next 5 years human won't still live there or getting corner piece here and there
Even Omo Onile Dan move out of ikorodu majority of them are going to ajah axis

Land don finish for Ikorodu true true. Unless you wan buy someone else land.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2023
larride:

Land don finish for Ikorodu true true. Unless you wan buy someone else land.
Abi oo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2023
The development that has happened in Ikorodu has been astonishing. Hopefully the 4th mainland bridge will be constructed and completed soon to give another way into Lagos Island.

The Ferry Terminal at Ebute has been a life saver several times. The govt must also continue to sensitize the citizens on reason why water transportation should be embraced.

Ferry from Ikorodu to Sandfill in Lekki is less than 30mins

(1) (2) (3) ... (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Godstime001, fyinka47(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.