Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,819 members, 7,930,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 09:02 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1799470 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) ... (5198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2023
KingTom:

grin grin grin PIYL (Pay if you like) tax system
Nah the system wey I go like pass be that.

If I no see 23 hours of light per day. Government, no tax for you. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

But these actions you just described are entirely condemnable. It doesn't matter if it is reality or otherwise.

Why should anyone be dismembered for what they say? It is wrong and if you know anyone who is inclined to do so, you should condemn them and notify the police for their immediate arrest.

I agree, they are - they are despicable acts. But this is Nigeria. The rule of law is selective so a person who goes about needlessly triggering and taunting whole groups of people (tribes or religious groups) puts himself in harm's way.

This is the same Nigeria where people have been beheaded for not agreeing with Biafra on the streets of the SE or shot dead for opposing "freedom-fighting" militants approach to a semblance of equity in the creeks of the Niger Delta.

Now imagine what their reactions would be if you call their ancestral lands a no man's land... Exactly what you're thinking! But you want the indigenous owners of Lagos to be divine and not react like humans - when we won't tolerate it ourselves.

If you won't eat it, don't serve it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

But these actions you just described are entirely condemnable. It doesn't matter if it is reality or otherwise.

Why should anyone be dismembered for what they say? It is wrong and if you know anyone who is inclined to do so, you should condemn them and notify the police for their immediate arrest.
There's a reason I keep saying this whole "Lagos is no man's land" talk lies in the realms of imagination than anything else. If you hear him talking now you'd think Igbo's go around Lagos shouting this place is no man's land...ask the Lagosians on this thread whether they've in real life encountered this no man's land yarns anywhere and it'd be crickets.

This Lagos is No Man's land yarns that come up occasionally online is no different from one of many more tribalistic/uninformed statements that people make online, but because of primordial hate or whatever, the statement of some random Igbo persons online becomes the position of the entire Igbo race and justifies the rubbish they're doing. They can continue doing it, one thing I know though is these things have very predictable consequences.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
Amigoss:

There are insecurity in the capitals of Niger Delta states?

Yes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2023
A001:

Then, why are you spreading misinformation?

A unipolar world controlled by the West is harmful and dangerous to Africa.

A multipolar world is in the best interest of Africans, and it's important that countries in the East like Russia and China keep opposing the hegemony of the West.

If not, what happened to the natives of America will be child's play if the West, especially the UK and the US, is allowed to gain power over the whole world: You can say goodbye to Africa as you know it.

It's sad that most Africans don't know the horrors of slavery and colonialism by GB, France, Portugal, Belgium.

This topic isn't given enough attention in this part of the world, and most Africans don't think deeply.

Because most Africans only read books of history (books of lies) written by Western authors, they don't learn true history of colonialization and slavery and how the colonial masters and slave masters committed acts of genocides in parts of Africa and India and other unspeakable things.

Because most Africans don't know this history, it will be easier to recolonize Africa in the future. And many Africans are even calling for recolonizaton because they don't know the horrors of colonization and slavery.

If most Africans know these facts about the West, some would have done worse than Prof Uju when she made her brave remarks about the death of Queen Elizabeth.

As a true African, you can't know how colonial masters and slave masters from these Western countries committed acts of genocide, forced labor in Africa, torturing Africans in enslavement camps, how the Britons massacred the native Americans and took over their land to form today's US, and you'll still be taking sides with the West in this Russian-Ukrainian war.

The West did much worse to their colonies in Africa and India than Russia and are not repentant for their evil actions.
This is not unique to the West history and those times are gone. How did you think the Oyo, Benin and other Great African empire came about. They invaded other villages or region, killed their warriors, took the men/women as slaves, took resources from those communities and claim those conquered land as theirs. I have never seen you condemn your fellow African for these activities but it's the west you are always talking about.

** Was Africans practicing slavery before the Europeans....Yes.

** Was Africans invading Other tribes/ communities and collecting their resources before the Europeans....Yes.

** Was Africans committing Genocide against their fellow black men before the Europeans.......Yes

What ever you are accusing the West of you did to yourselves.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2023
Theflint1:
@Bolded, so you mean Tinubu wasn't the builder of Lagos?
Builder of what?

The Bourdillon wey he dey stay, nah him Papa build am?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2023
Spy360:

I totally agree with you. Lagos is what it is because of the sea port coupled with once being the nation's capital.

There are several other points in the country where a sea port can be arranged. We can have more than 5 seaports in this country. This will reduce the pressure on Lagos.

The fact is ordinarily, Lagos will not want such as it will take away over 40% of it's IGR. But then they asked for it, when they say it is not 'no man's land'.
I agree with this, talking from a purely capitalistic point, I get why the city would want to retain monopoly, especially with other governors being unwilling to to the work of building theirs up from the ground. However, you can't want to retain a monopoly over a resource and not want to make it available...by making the city uninhabitable or hostile for non-Yoruba's, people will have to force opportunities in other places and hopefully the events of the past election cycle is a sufficient wakeup call.

It doesn't help too that setting up some of these things are under exclusive lists...legislation to make these things open for investment would go a long way in incentivizing investments.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 11:35am On Mar 21, 2023
DissTroy:

I agree, they are - they are despicable acts. But this is Nigeria.

This is all I needed.

We cool.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:36am On Mar 21, 2023
Melvyn11:

Insecurity due to their dubious activities. Every IOC headquarters should be located at the regions where they operate. You can't be operating in peoples community where your activities affect their environments badly while, you run to another region to site your headquarters. Let them stay there and feel what the people of the region feel, engage the youths and provide some basic amenities for them. Some of these IOCs dubious activities have in the time past lead to youth restiveness in those regions.

They will be paying great hazard pay to attract workers then

Nothing consine your average expatriate worker with your beef with local community, if you can't guarantee his security, he will find employment elsewhere

If you notice, most of the multinationals are selling their onshore operations to local operators. You might as well take helicopter from Lagos to offshore rig than from PH, if PH is not conducive security wise.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2023
Melvyn11:
Niger Delta regions just dey play. Seems they don't know the amount of power they have in Nigeria.
Normally the oil producing states should have been the feather in cap for Nigeria. If you look at the American states of Texas, Alaska, Louisiana, and California, their growth was fueled in part or largely by oil. The cities of Houston and Dallas were built on oil money, and so was the state of Alaska. A state rich in Oil is supposed to be booming, I mean look at common Dubai. The oil producing areas of Nigeria should have been the catalyst of the industrial revolution in Nigeria. They should have been home to numerous industries such as pharmaceutical (Aspirin uses petroleum), cosmetic oils and greases, Industrial oils and greases, plastics resins synthetic fibers, industrial and domestic detergents, chemical fertilizers, and a host of other industries that depend on crude oil for raw materials. So much possibilities wasted.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2023
There are some posters I won't waste my time engaging on this thread because of their low IQ.

An example is the poster that just quoted me now talking about wars and slavery in the past fought in Africa.

I'm sure the fool can't read clear statements in English I made on Nairaland where I condemned the barbaric practices in African cultures countless of times.

A dimwit that believes there are no confirmed facts in natural science isn't worth my time.

I'm sure there's something about being African that makes people like him dull and seeking to be enslaved by the West, like many of his fellow Africans on the continent with empty brains.

Wars and slavery are evil regardless of who engage in them or where they're practiced.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:45am On Mar 21, 2023
Spy360:

I totally agree with you. Lagos is what it is because of the sea port coupled with once being the nation's capital.

There are several other points in the country where a sea port can be arranged. We can have more than 5 seaports in this country. This will reduce the pressure on Lagos.

The fact is ordinarily, Lagos will not want such as it will take away over 40% of it's IGR. But then they asked for it, when they say it is not 'no man's land'.

What a load of rubbish.

The 1trillion made from the port last year was paid into federation account and shared among all the states, it’s not as if the FG is giving the state any special privilege for providing most revenue for the country apart from oil.

Onne port is now functional and ship are berthing there, carry your load and luggage to the port. Lagos will remain a Yoruba land.

Nonsense.

16 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2023
Donjazet2:
Good question!!
In this election cycle ;

Ortom, a sitting Governor lost his Senatorial election.

Ayade, a sitting Governor lost his senatorial election.

Lalong, a sitting Governor lost his senatorial election.

PDP has flipped Zamfara Governorship seat.

APC has flipped Benue Governorship seat.

APC has flipped Sokoto state Governorship seat.

NNPP has taken Kano.

PDP has flipped Plateau Governorship seat.

Osun Speaker lost his seat.

Yobe speaker lost his seat.

9 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2023
Ibime:

Companies go where there is security. All this talk is lamba

Insecurity drove them out, and only security can bring them back
Is Lagos the most secured state in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bombblacks: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2023
emmaodet:

The black man is just wicked. Looking for excuses for not doing things.
A society is not as hard to run and managed the way they making it to look like.
Give any state to the Germans. I mean any useless state like jigawa and you will be ashamed to see what they would have turned it to in 10 years while the other blacks states are still in tatters
Finally someone who knows the black man is the reason for their own downfall unlike some certain dimwits blaming the white man for every mosquito and cockroach in his house.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:55am On Mar 21, 2023
chrisooblog:
As it stands LP only looks sure of winning one state in the governorship can we say we overestimated the Obi wave?

cc izzou, blueraydick, flint, larride, istrm

Look at it this way; Labour Party was formed in 2002 and has participated in 6 general elections till date(2023 inclusive). By far this is the most successful election Labour party has ever participated in. They won 40 seats in the national assembly as at the last time I checked (6 senators and 34 reps), Their members won state house of assembly seats in different states in such a way they've not done in the past and it's looking likely they might win one governorship seat not forgetting they won 12 states(Including FCT ) at the presidential election.

All of these have never happened since the inception of the party until the Obi wave happened.

To answer ur question, I do not think the Obi wave is over estimated in any way

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2023
The slave dey defend his masters in the West exonerating the colonial masters and slavers. This one is even worse and so unintelligent that he doesn't even know he's a slave.

Lols. Your brain go evolve one day sha maybe in the next 50 years so you'll understand that both the West and Africans themselves are responsible for their current plight on the backward continent.

But you can keep blaming only Africans to serve your masters in the West.

If a person is foolish enough not to know how he got to a current bad state, he'd repeat the mistakes that put him in his current predicament again and again.

Sadly, many fools like you are on the continent that don't know how they got to the current poor state, and if the West wants to colonize African countries again, many Africans will welcome them readily.

It's so difficult for them to use foresight to think deeply and critically about things.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2023
Spy360:

Debunk what really? Lol He does not even have to give ear to such nonsense. Doing so will only add credence to it. But let that slide. GRV is a true born Lagosian and has the right to contest for election.

How is it nonsense, please explain?

Man deleted those posts and kept mum. It's like someone they want to smoke, now using petrol to bath.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
chrisooblog:
As it stands LP only looks sure of winning one state in the governorship can we say we overestimated the Obi wave?
When you consider that the core of Peter Obi's campaign message is the displacement of the structure of criminality - referring to the PDP and APC. Yet, these same parties are easily winning governorship elections in same states Peter Obi won 2 weeks back.

Looks like no one actually paid any attention to his campaign message which is terribly sad.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
This is sanwolu speaking.

In year 2030 now,

Some brainless shinedus will come and tell us about how the British laid all the power cables before leaving in the 60s.

I hope we keep all these for posterity.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
Unlimited22:

Adamawa, Kebbi, where and where?
Abia and Enugu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 12:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
larride:

Na only first timer voters Dey use presidential election votes to anticipate how local election will turn out.
Of course, the Presidential elections does not 100% determine the direction of State gubernatorial election but it sure plays a role too.

Immediately APC lost the Presidential election in Oyo state in 2019, they knew they were in trouble and started to shop for alliance.

The moment APC lost the 2023 Presidential elections in Kano, everyone knew the Gubernatorial election was never going to be easy for APC.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
Can we be tagging the supermods to any post that appears to be tribalistic going forward? At least to restore some sanity to the thread

Since we know the report button doesn't really hide such posts
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Of course, the Presidential elections does not 100% determine the direction of State gubernatorial election but it sure plays a role too.

Immediately APC lost the Presidential election in Oyo state in 2019, they knew they were in trouble and started to shop for alliance.

The moment APC lost the 2023 Presidential elections in Kano, everyone knew the Gubernatorial election was never going to be easy for APC.

Same way APC won Presidential election in Oyo in 2003 with over 150k votes and then lost scandalously 2 weeks later.

Same way APC lost Kastina in the 2023 Presidential election and won overwhelmingly in the gubernatorial election 2 weeks later.

Same way APC won Zamfara in the Presidential election and lost 2 weeks later to the PDP

Same way APC won Ogun State overwhelmingly in the Presidential election with PDP not getting 25% of total votes cast, the same APC won Ogun state gubernatorial election with less than 20k votes.

Local elections are always different as the peculiarities differs from national elections.

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

Is Lagos the most secured state in Nigeria?

Most secure state with the infrastructure and logistics to carry the industry, yes

And just as importantly, a state with the most guaranteed future security, that you can plan capital investments of 20 years around without worrying about write downs. Not like some states where security depends on election cycle and things can flare up every 4 or 8 years depending on the Governorship candidates.

On a Fixed Asset register, you have items with 4 year life, 7 years, 10 years, 20, years, 40 years and 50 years. Anytime you abandon the asset, you have to forego normal depreciation and write off the whole carrying value as a loss. Land and Buildings is 10 years to 50 years. Nobody is going to put down assets of 50 years where write-off losses depends on whether Wike, Amaechi, Ateke or their future equivalents can keep their calm over the next 50 years. Just like Adidas wrote off their investment in Kanye West declaring a loss for the first time in decades; or just like companies wrote off their investment in Russia, nobody is going to willingly expose themselves to write-off risk that depends on volatile actors.

10 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Can we be tagging the supermods to any post that appears to be tribalistic going forward? At least to restore some sanity to the thread

Since we know the report button doesn't really hide such posts

Hopefully after a week, all this tribal chest beating will calm down
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Did Okowa's daughter win her State House of Assembly election?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Theflint1:
Oh they've always, labelling opponents as Igbo's is Tinubu's time-tested strategy and it clearly works like charm.

Tinubu contested against Sarumi, Funsho Williams and this was never an issue

Fashola contested against Obanikoro and Wahab Dosunmu and no one labeled them Ibos

Until 2015 when Jimi Agbaje started and the Oba of Lagos gave him a response since then opponent believed it was the way to go and they all got the response from the indigenes of Lagos

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

The guy who was shot at was on top of a lady while wielding a knife.

Shooting 100% justified IMO.

There were still some shots even when he was off the girl though

If I was the one getting attacked, I will like the police to empty the clip too
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Elder0001:
Y'all just used tribalism to make this thread uncomfortable, smh.

People you thought were learned and well travelled will be typing tribalistic bs.

Anyways, Niger Delta governor's should make sure oil companies relocate their headquarters to the Niger Delta. You can't be drilling oil here and be locating your headquarters elsewhere. If they can't locate their headquarters here, then they should be drilling oil in Lagos only.

The headquarters were in the SS until the mid 2000s when militancy chased them away

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Bombblacks:

Normally the oil producing states should have been the feather in cap for Nigeria. If you look at the American states of Texas, Alaska, Louisiana, and California, their growth was fueled in part or largely by oil. The cities of Houston and Dallas were built on oil money, and so was the state of Alaska. A state rich in Oil is supposed to be booming, I mean look at common Dubai. The oil producing areas of Nigeria should have been the catalyst of the industrial revolution in Nigeria. They should have been home to numerous industries such as pharmaceutical (Aspirin uses petroleum), cosmetic oils and greases, Industrial oils and greases, plastics resins synthetic fibers, industrial and domestic detergents, chemical fertilizers, and a host of other industries that depend on crude oil for raw materials. So much possibilities wasted.

Dubai has no oil. Note; Dubai is just an Emirate under UAE - independent Emirate as other 6 Emirates.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Theflint1:
You still don't get it. Obainojazz showed you pictures of Tinubu and his guys donning Igbo attire for their campaign pics, why didn't you say it's them sucking up to Igbo's?

Igbo's that are like 15-20% of the states population is who politicians want to use to win elections?

Tinubu and his opponents know that Yoruba's are the overwhelming majority of the states population, once Tinubu knows that the election might be tight for him, and Yoruba's are open to voting for the opposition, all he has to do is label the opposition Igbo's or Igbo suckerups, create an us vs them scenario and get Yoruba's to vote against the opposition, thinking they're voting against the Igbo's...slam dunk. It's a time tested strategy.

Tinubu made CRV unable to speak Yoruba
Tinubu made CRV use tribal slurs against Yoruba
Tinubu made CRV call Adeboye typical Yoruba

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) ... (5198) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ibime(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.