Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600137 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
If you want to discuss cultures in a way that shows you know what you're talking about, you criticize the ills in other cultures of the world just as you do with African cultures.

There are ills in all cultures of the world, not just African cultures, and these are the bad aspects to be condemned and abolished.

Preach your useless white supremacist, afrophobic ideas to your fellow Ibos offline.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
A001:
Challenging my views is saying "African history is useless", "African cultures are barbaric, savage, and should be abolished". That's what you call a stimulating discussion?

You're free to challenge my posts like every other post on Nairaland, but if you do so with lies and foolish remarks, you're merely wasting your time.

Get rid of your bigotry and white supremacist ideas before engaging in intellectual discussions. "Africans should abolish their cultures because they are barbaric and backward and embrace the English culture"

This is what you call a stimulating submission. Something you can't even say among your fellow Ibos offline.

A people that are intelligent embrace and emulate the good aspects in other people's cultures whether in the West or Asia and assimilate these good aspects into their native culture while upholding their indigenous culture, not abolishing your culture completely and embracing the English culture, which will make you their (the whites') slaves again.

God.

You're simply too fixated on your own points that you even even want to consider an alternative perspective at all.

Heck, do you know what nuances are? Or do you understand that different things can be truthful at the same time??

You're really coming off as all these hotep peeps. An extreme wokist.

It is okay to be woke, and to be culturally aware, but not to the point of whitewashing one's race.

How do you dismiss his submission, calling it a tripe that you won't read, and then sticking your own conclusion and judgement and labels on him by all means?

If you cannot be bothered to READ his comments, then I don't think you're in any place to misjudge or misquote him, because in one of his responses above, he clearly went into the reasons WHY African cultural practices are barbaric. And because you come for my head, understand that why something is a way is different from ALL things being a way.

Do you think there's nothing you can learn from him? Like, you think you've reached the enf of knowledge and you're always right?

You cannot dismiss the truth in some of what he's saying and if it's that you disagree with him making it generalised, fine. Definitely not all of African history is barbaric, useless and what not.

Again, he clearly punctuated that his CRITIQUE of African cultures is not from a place of "eurocentricism", but you wouldn't know that, since he you didn't read responses, right?

If I criticise some things that Yorubas do, does that make me anti-Yoruba and and an Igbo supremacist?

I absolutely agree with the bolded part of your comment, and perhaps if it was that idea, air that your submissions come with and direction the whole conversation took, it might have been fruitful.

You're making generalisations the same he is, buried in clapbacks of haughtiness, insults and whatnot.

All of this is just...uck. Some many times you've said how the conversation is above you and you won't dignify with a response, but you keep circling back, responding from the sides, going back to quote him again.

Do you just want to keep posting into an echo chamber? If you believe his points or his quoting you is not worth your time, effort, why haven't you "dead" the back and forth a long time ago?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
Cc A001

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2023
And then you've been mentioning the "go and tell that to your fellow Ibos offline" line so many times.

What exactly is that suppose to mean, from someone who champions an African identity and superiority, AOO1?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
stxrlight:

God.

You're simply too fixated on your own points that you even even want to consider an alternative perspective at all.

Heck, do you know what nuances are? Or do you understand that different things can be truthful at the same time??

It is okay to be woke, and to be culturally aware, but not to the point of whitewashing one's race.

How do you dismiss his submission, calling it a tripe that you won't read, and then sticking your own conclusion and judgement and labels on him by all means?

If you cannot be bothered to READ his comments, then I don't think you're in any place to misjudge or misquote him, because in one of his responses above, he clearly went into the reasons WHY African cultural practices are barbaric. And because you come for my head, understand that why something is a way is different from ALL things being a way.

Do you think there's nothing you can learn from him? Like, you think you've reached the enf of knowledge and you're always right?

You cannot dismiss the truth in some of what he's saying and if it's that you disagree with him making it generalised, fine. Definitely not all of African history is barbaric, useless and what not.

Again, he clearly punctuated that his CRITIQUE of African cultures is not from a place of "eurocentricism", but you wouldn't know that, since he you didn't read responses, right?

If I criticise some things that Yorubas do, does that make me anti-Yoruba and and an Igbo supremacist?

I absolutely agree with the bolded part of your comment, and perhaps if it was that idea, air that your submissions come with and direction the whole conversation took, it might have been fruitful.

You're making generalisations the same he is, buried in clapbacks of haughtiness, insults and whatnot.

All of this is just...uck. Some many times you've said how the conversation is above you and you won't dignify with a response, but you keep circling back, responding from the sides, going back to quote him again.

Do you just want to keep posting into an echo chamber? If you believe his points or his quoting you is not worth your time, effort, why haven't you "dead" the back and forth a long time ago?
I don't have time to read your nonsense. The poster you're defending here said "African history is useless" in literal sense, and you're talking about nuances.

He used the word literal that everyone here saw.

Donjazet2:

Sure, it's interesting to feed that curiosity of how life was long ago, but that information is of less relevance and practicality to your own life. That's what it means for history to literally be useless or of less relevance.

Do you know the meaning of literal? I don't think so.

Point out the nuances in "African cultures are savage and barbaric, and they should be abolished and Africans should adopt the culture of their colonial masters".

If you can't read and comprehend simple statements in English, that's your problem to deal with.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
raumdeuter:

Change it to Onaguga or Afenifere said "Ibos are political rascals and we are going to handle them"

Then you will hear all sorts of wailing and gnashing of teeth

Airmark has been asking for a week now if he will allow an Ibo boy with Hausa mother rule his home state who has a history of using slurs against the Ibos he is yet to respond but he's telling others about meritocracy and some things

Man even clicked 'share' on that post but refused to answer the question. Maybe I need to carry sacrifice before he will defy Amadioha and do the needful.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2023
cool

Yorùbá là gbà.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2023
stxrlight:
And then you've been mentioning the "go and tell that to your fellow Ibos offline" line so many times.

What exactly is that suppose to mean, from someone who champions an African identity and superiority, AOO1?
Ask Google. The statement is clear, and I believe only his people at home can cure his foolishness with some critical advice.

He considers the Ibo culture useless and barbaric, like all the other cultures in Africa. Point out the nuances in that. Shouting nuances all about without knowing the meaning of the word.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2023
cool

Brazil President and Parliament welcome our Culture [Ìṣẹse] with warmth open arms.

Asiwaju ni wa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
OasisX:
Cc A001

Thanks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2023
grin

..... watchout.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
raumdeuter:

So did CJN meet the body or what?
CJN doubles as a coroner apparently
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
OasisX:

grin

..... conglomerate of madmen and women.
The gods must be crazy grin DISobidient gods
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
OasisX:
grin

..... watchout.
Dem point arise TV gun? grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 6:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
A001:
If you want to discuss cultures in a way that shows you know what you're talking about, you criticize the ills in other cultures of the world just as you do with African cultures.

There are ills in all cultures of the world, not just African cultures, and these are bad aspects to be condemned and abolished.

Preach your useless white supremacist, afrophobic ideas to your fellow Ibos offline.

In terms of development and growth, how does talking about the ills of other cultures help us?

I want to know.

Your house is infested and stinks of dead rats, and people are talking about how to fumigated and renovate, and carry those rats out and a total overhauling of the building, you're talking about how the former occupants brought in the bed bugs or how Papa Chukwudi, your neighbour, also lives in dirt and stank.

Okay, so, how does that help you?

It's one thing to talk about cultures in theoretical academic perspectives, it's abother thing to talk a out them realistically, which is where I believe Donjazet is coming from.

To move forward, how exactly do we need all those "past" things?

And mind you, let me use another illustration. When I see people reposting my art or quotes or comments without crediting me, I feel a little sting and move on, because it's my head. The well (of creativity) is in me and I can always come up with something else.

Same thing with others things too, like, once something is inbuilt or is natural or is just a given, no matter what is done to hold that thing back or to truncate it, it'll always find a way to live and thrive.

Since Africa was the origin of humans and so many cradles of civilization are found here, and we were advancing so mightily great until colonisation happened, please, why have we not been able to replicate and to continue growing in that direction, all these years after colonisation?

I mean, with the way Pre-Colonial Africa is being touted, all those centuries ago, I frankly find it hard to reconcile those 'out-of-the-world' mighty inventions and advancement and spiritual enlightenment, to this era of Africans, after colonisation.

At the risk of sounding dismissive of 400 years of pain, trauma and all, I say this with no ill-intention: we have been developing for centuries, but those years of slave trade came and suddenly destabilises our track record?

I am saying why are we yet to replicate those gigantic strides our African ancestors made? I mean, like, should it not be in "us?" No be follow come? Are we not "those" people?

I doubt you'll agree with me, but at some point, it as to be said that it is necessary we do some reflection and think about what we're getting wrong.

In and of ourselves. Let's leave the yts alone for a minute. (Not forever sha, since crying and intellectual pomposity and punctuations like these make you tick).

Can we simply not become those people like we were centuries ago, so that the yts become envious of us again, but you know, without a colonisation 2.0 happening?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 6:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
As expected.

Right on brand.

If you oh-so don't care to read my nonsense, you would not have bothered responding. grin grin

Good thing you're not the only one on this thread. So long as you don't keep your insufferableness personal, you will get called out.

You can chose to deal with that anyhow you want to or not.

What a condescending prick.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
I don't have the time for nonsensical discussions.

I didn't bother to read that epistle in my mention that lacks substance. It's no longer nuances this time around.

When African history is wiped out and African cultures abolished, I'm sure that will transform the continent in no time.

The solutions to the problems in Africa: Wipe out African history because it's useless and has no value; abolish African cultures because they're barbaric and savage; adopt the culture of the colonial masters.

Clap for yourself. Go and preach to your fellow Ibos offline.

When they agree with you and adopt your ideas, let's know.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
stxrlight:
As expected.

Right on brand.

If you oh-so don't care to read my nonsense, you would not have bothered responding. grin grin

Good thing you're not the only one on this thread. So long as you don't keep your insufferableness personal, you will get called out.

You can chose to deal with that anyhow you want to or not.

What a condescending prick.

You'd better not be anywhere overseas, though?

I don't want to hope so.

All of these your theories and defenses and rigmaroling would be pretty useless if you aren't here in Africa and on ground, actually doing activism and getting your hands 'dirty', and pushing so many indigenous ideas, startups, realities.

Other than reading textbooks and Wikipedia articles, I hope you're doing something that ACTUALLY contributes to your "Afrocentric" worldview.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
KingTom:

Dem point arise TV gun? grin

grin

Pressure tí wá.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
izzou:

Abeg, what tree has this kind of roots?

So you never see Mangrove before
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
OasisX:
I recently became aware of the case involving Mr. Clement Adedotun and the judgement by the Federal High Court, and I understand the impact this legal battle has had on him.

After reviewing Mr. Clement's case, I've directed the Honorable Attorney General to set up a meeting and pay him the compensation awarded by the Court.

Although the State Government has appealed the ruling, I've interceded in this instance in the interest of the public good, and requested that the State's Attorney General comply with the court's ruling.

As a strong advocate for the rule of law, I commend all parties for seeking justice through the appropriate channels, and I remain committed to upholding the rights of all Lagosians.

- Babajide Sanwo-Olu

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1639665080466919424?t=ZQN3odiGgIU6Q7B7Rrn_8g&s=19

Fair play on the part of SanwoOlu. Even though I think it's a populist move

Also to those who arent aware, The damages (5 million I think) was meant to be shared by all parties. Interesting the LASG will be paying it all
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
KingTom:

The gods must be crazy grin DISobidient gods

grin

Àwọn Wéré 100% Gbetiti.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by stxrlight(f): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
A001:
I don't have the time for nonsensical discussions.

I didn't bother to read that epistle in my mention that lacks substance. It's no longer nuances this time around.

When African history is wiped out and African cultures abolished, I'm sure that will transform the continent in no time.

The solutions to the problems in Africa: Wipe out African history because it's useless and has no value; abolish African cultures because they're barbaric and savage; adopt the culture of the colonial masters.

Clap for yourself. Go and preach to your fellow Ibos offline.

When they agree with you and adopt your ideas, let's know.

Nor dey whine yourself. 😂

You read enough to see the word "nuance", and if you're lying about your projection of indifference and 'I ain't reading attitude', no one would be able to tell.

Secondly, omo Yoruba ni mi.

Thirdly, I have, in nowhere called for the abolition of any culture, but when you're an otelectual prick who has his head far up his ass, and see in only black and white, and attackers/defenders, you will think Don and I are saying the same thing.

Critical thinking in tatters.

Oya, squeeze time from your "no time", and respond from the sidelines in 5...4...3...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
grin

Breaking: Labour Party Governorship form is ₦25 Million.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
stxrlight:

You read enough to see the word "nuance", and if you're lying about your projection of indifference and 'I ain't reading attitude', no one would be able to tell.

Thirdly, I have, in nowhere called for the abolition of any culture, but when you're otelectual prick who has his head far up his ass, and see in only black and white, and attackers/defenders, you will think Don and I are saying the same thing.

Oya, squeeze time from your "no time", and respond from the sidelines in 5...4...3...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh,what did we carry,what did we throw shocked
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
I nor like as Sean and him nairaland babe dey enter our egbon tee anyhow
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
stxrlight:

Thirdly, I have, in nowhere called for the abolition of any culture, but when you're an otelectual prick who has his head far up his ass, and see in only black and white, and attackers/defenders, you will think Don and I are saying the same thing.

When you're intelligent enough to present your points, I'd engage you. You're merely making a noise.

Noises on the Internet: "African history is useless and has no value; abolish African cultures because they're barbaric and savage; adopt the culture of the colonial masters."

This is what I'd be discussing critically on Nairaland as an African. Lols. Nairaland na really funny place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
Putin moves some nukes to Belarus. What's good for ogbono is good for uganda.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
Wish I could like this post a million times. This was a hit, back to back!!!

stxrlight:

God.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
Eazzii:
Putin moves some nukes to Belarus.
What's good for ogbono is good for uganda.
I strongly wish the Russians and Ukrainians come to an agreement soon. Wars and invasions are evil whether done by the West or the East.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
Epa a0001, fire on. Do not allow them distract you. I love your posts. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Ibime(m), DammyOlu123(m), YoungB1a(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.