Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,301 members, 7,940,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1827823 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) ... (5226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
izzou:

Maybe our UK brothers can help me, but this is what my Google says.

So how well will you pay a doctor, that he wouldn't consider running away to UK?

That's on locum.

They earn less than that on average, especially junior doctors, which is why they go on strike every few months.

So I cannot imagine hoe Nigerian doctors on peanuts are coping.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

A doctor trained in US spends almost $200 to $300K on school fees

Nigerian trained doctors probably spend $1k to get that education because its subsidized by govt

Maybe Govt should tell them Medical fees is say 300K if you cannot afford it, enter and govt will subsidize your fees to normal undergrad fees but after graduation you have to serve govt for 5yrs

If you want to get out of the bond pay the money Govt gave you plus interest

Just imagine
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2023
Itsrm:

No need to even use ASUU

These same doctors have gone on strike before or maybe they wanted to I can't remember clearly but I know that short man called Ngige conquered them and they either called off the strike or cancelled the planned strike.

If there's anything we have learnt from this APC government, no matter who you are, you can't fight them.

Ngige handled who?
You should use your search engine and check how the strike ended..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

You are stopping them from leaving.. You are not doing anything whatsoever to make employment worth it for them.. At the same time these doctors have consistently voiced their displeasure concerning what they earn.

And they watch politicians japa outside Nigeria to get treatment.

So why you think say doctors nor fit dey house for 3 months.. Offer private services once in awhile and still plan their japa..

Who you think say this thing go affect pass?

The fact that you think this bill has anything to do with those legislative members there is what is funny to me.

ALL OF THEM passing that bill can comfortably fly themselves out and get good health care

Me that can only afford General Hospital and Iya Alagbo will now be frowning? grin

Abeg Abeg

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
Itsrm:

Just imagine

So while your American trained doctors are servicing their student loan for the first part of their career, their Nigerian counterpart that enjoyed relatively free medical school are balling
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
izzou:

The fact that you think this bill has anything to do with those legislative members there is what is funny to me.

ALL OF THEM passing that bill can comfortably fly themselves out and get good health care

Me that can only afford General Hospital and Iya Alagbo will not be frowning? grin

Abeg Abeg
I mentioned them to further drive home a point.
That's more reason for doctors to not shift ground if they react to this bill.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
izzou:

Me that can only afford General Hospital and Iya Alagbo will not be frowning? grin

Abeg Abeg

Infact, I think this is the bill every common man should support unless you have money to fly abroad and treat yourself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2023
nihilistjnr:

That's on locum.

They earn less than that on average, especially junior doctors, which is why they go on strike every few months.

So I cannot imagine hoe Nigerian doctors on peanuts are coping.

I think that is poor for a doctor in the UK, So what makes it attractive for people to study medicine
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

Infact, I think this is the bill every common man should support unless you have money to fly abroad and treat yourself

I am surprised that Nigerians, living in Nigeria, and are not medically inclined are angry.

Na only Unlimited22 suppose vex, and i can understand that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

So while your American trained doctors are servicing their student loan for the first part of their career, their Nigerian counterpart that enjoyed relatively free medical school are balling

This is what our doctors are taking for granted.

The bill is really fair. It's the least we can ask of them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

I think that is poor for a doctor in the UK, So what makes it attractive for people to study medicine

It's not right now, and there is currently a crisis in the public health sector.

There's a low key japa movement going on here too, with doctors moving to Yankee to earn more.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
This bill also sets a precedent for every other course.
Hope you people know.
As far as you go to a FG uni, you have subsidised education and this can be applied to you.

And let's ask ourselves why our education is subsidised in the first place.. We like mentioning the US and UK but we are not talking about how their economies provides enough jobs and options to do things compared to naija.

Nor be people dey argue in favour of fuel subsidy here.. How it will cause wahala because the government has not put things in place to help the citizens..

So which is it gan gan?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
nihilistjnr:

It's not right now, and there is currently a crisis in the public health sector.

There's a low key japa movement going on here too, with doctors moving to Yankee to earn more.

This life...

A Nigerian doctor's prayer point, is a UK doctor's problem
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
nihilistjnr:

You're literally rëtarded if you cannot see that your OWN link literally says the thing youre saying does not apply to National Household Surveys..

It literally says the thing that your saying does not apply to research conducted by Research Firms.

Its literally there on the same page.

I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm asking you to trust your own eyes.
I posted the link you've been bandying around to justify the point that as the population you need to sample increases, the percentage of the population you pick as sample decreases...you refuse to address that, but you're bringing up something else.

Okay, do you disagree with the point I made above...you haven't said much in that regard other than the below:

nihilistjnr:

Bro read your own screenshot and tell me how 56k families represent 10% of the population.

You dont need to be a statistician to be able to read.

From the above quote, it's safe to assume that you agree with the 10% number, so NBS should have used 20 million persons for their survey...I wonder who'd pay for that grin

Ibime said the UK that has a population of over 60 million persons use 100K for their stats, maybe you'd address this relatively small sample size if it was Nigeria and not UK he referenced. Nigeria that's like three times their population, he suggests 8 times that number...that should tell you that whatever he's suggesting is probably in the realm of conjecture or whatever feels good to the eyes, that's fine too.

My point is 56K persons can be used for Nigeria as well, whether it feels good to the eyes or not, and I backed it up with what professionals in the Nigerian space do, and what has been suggested in online sources.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Ngige handled who?
You should use your search engine and check how the strike ended..

You like throwing words around.

Ngige got a court order asking them to suspend the strike. Like ASUU they initially refused but reason prevailed eventually and they called off the strike.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/488077-breaking-nine-weeks-after-nigerian-doctors-call-off-strike.html?tztc=1

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
nihilistjnr:

A lot of Yankee doctors quit during covid too. So they are filling that game with Foreign trained Doctors
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
izzou:

I am surprised that Nigerians, living in Nigeria, and are not medically inclined are angry.

Because after doctors who next falls into their chopping block?

Why don't they fix systemic problems causing japa instead of imprisoning doctors in the country for 5 after they've spent 6-9 years studying medicine.

We neva even talk reach the exploitation that'd come when employers know that these doctors are imprisoned in the country professionally for at least 5 years post-graduation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
Theflint1:
I posted the link you've been bandying around to justify the point that as the population you need to sample increases, the percentage of the population you pick as sample decreases...you refuse to address that, but you're bringing up something else.

Okay, do you disagree with the point I made above...you haven't said much in that regard other than the below:

From the above quote, it's safe to assume that you agree with the 10% number, so NBS should have used 20 million persons for their survey.

Ibime said the UK that has a population of over 60 million persons use 100K for their stats, maybe you'd address this relatively small sample size if it was Nigeria and not UK he referenced. Nigeria that's like three times their population, he suggests 8 times that number...that should tell you that whatever he's suggesting is probably in the realm of conjecture or whatever feels good to the eyes, that's fine too.

My point is 56K persons can be used for Nigeria as well, whether it feels good to the eyes or not, and I backed it up with what professionals in the Nigerian space do, and what has been suggested in online sources.

Mehn this is actually terrible.

The link I'm bandying about is the one YOU posted.

I am asking you to read what YOU posted, dumb nigga. grin

Your OWN screenshot even tells you to refer to the UN Guidelines for Household Surveys instead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
FFK ehn.. I nor even know wetin to talk at this point 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2023
Theflint1:

Why don't they fix systemic problems causing japa instead of imprisoning doctors in the country for 5 after they've spent 6-9 years studying medicine.

We neva even talk reach the exploitation that'd come when employers know that these doctors are imprisoned in the country professionally for at least 5 years.

Let's reason together.

How long will it take to fix the systemic problems in our Medical sector?

Give me a timeline, and we can continue from there
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2023
izzou:

Some Nigerians have conditioned themselves to fight anything govt says even if it favors them

Itsrm:
This is what our doctors are taking for granted.
The bill is really fair. It's the least we can ask of them.

If you don't want the bond, then go study abroad from the beginning or go to Private University and pay their rate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:12pm On Apr 06, 2023
Theflint1:

We neva even talk reach the exploitation that'd come when employers know that these doctors are imprisoned in the country professionally for at least 5 years post-graduation.

The option would be for all those who dont want that type of bondage to avoid Public Medical school. Either go to Covenant or travel abroad and pay what people there pay

There was a time Access Bank was giving new staff a bond of 2yrs not to leave. After chopping their training they sign that they wont leave for 2yrs otherwise they pay back. The option was to avoid employment with Access Bank
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
Itsrm:

You like throwing words around.

Ngige got a court order asking them to suspend the strike. Like ASUU they initially refused but reason prevailed eventually and they called off the strike.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/488077-breaking-nine-weeks-after-nigerian-doctors-call-off-strike.html?tztc=1

From your own report.

I don't know how you linked them calling off the strike to ngige when the report said this below

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
Seankafor

Tinubu administration will curb all these mess. All of them must frog jump while singing Tinubu my president

https://www.nairaland.com/7643436/efcc-arrests-33-suspected-internet
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

From your own report.

I don't know how you linked them calling off the strike to ngige when the report said this below

That was the same way ASUU vowed to continue the strike. What happened?

After the doctors vowed to continue the strike, what now happened?

21st of September court ordered them to suspend strike, 27th of September they suspended the strike.

So you're saying the government met their demands in 6 days having not met it in more than one month before the court order grin

Continue
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2023
izzou:

Let's reason together.

How long will it take to fix the systemic problems in our Medical sector?

Give me a timeline, and we can continue from there
In my opinion doctors moving at the rate they're doing is a symptom of these systemic problems facing the health sector.

I can't say how long it'd take to fix these systemic problems, but imprisoning doctors in the country won't fix the systemic problems facing the health sector. Already health professions in Nigeria are not worth the time and effort, especially when guys dey do IT and finance courses dey chop bloc after spending like half the time most of them that would graduate as doctors will spend in school, you con add five-year prison sentence join, people go kuku leave their medicine for them face other courses. Most people wey dey graduate from medicine now dey regret say if dem know dem for do Engineering, CS or some finance course.

This policy is akin to treating the symptoms and not the disease itself.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2023
Itsrm:

That was the same way ASUU vowed to continue the strike. What happened?

After the doctors vowed to continue the strike, what now happened?

21st of September court ordered them to suspend strike, 27th of September they suspended the strike.

So you're saying the government met their demands in 6 days having not met it in more than one month before the court order grin

Continue

You are sure you are looking at the dates so.

The link you sent me was for 2021..you are telling me about last year September strike..

Which is it?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2023
Theflint1:
In my opinion doctors moving at the rate they're doing is a symptom of these systemic problems facing the health sector.

I can't say how long it'd take to fix these systemic problems, but imprisoning doctors in the country won't fix the systemic problems facing the health sector. Already health professions in Nigeria are not worth the time and effort, you con add five year imprisonment join, people go kuku leave their medicine for them.

This policy is akin to treating the symptoms and not the disease itself.

Nobody said that they wouldn't treat the disease. They simply want to reduce the brain drain, so that over 100 million Nigerians can survive.

If you still think it is about the lawmakers, i don't know what to say.

Let's peg the hourly rate of the UK at £20/hr. We are talking of paying a Nigerian doctor 20k per hour.

Which government can pay this currently? Or pay something close to that, that will change one's mind for japaing?

Be realistic, sir. And that was why i asked for your personal opinion on a time frame, and you can see that it isn't even feasible for you

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlaqFaze: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2023
raumdeuter:
LP crisis

https://www.nairaland.com/7643456/lp-crisis-police-take-over
This stuff is getting more serious than Pdp's

So the man that wants to unite Nigeria cannot unite his party grin

The man that wants to pull North from poverty cannot pull greed away from his party members

Watch them say this is Apc propaganda
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2023
izzou:

Nobody said that they wouldn't treat the disease. They simply want to reduce the brain drain, so that over 100 million Nigerians can survive.

If you still think it is about the lawmakers, i don't know what to say.

Let's peg the hourly rate of the UK at £20/hr. We are talking of paying a Nigerian doctor 20k per hour.

Which government can pay this currently? Or pay something close to that, that will change one's mind for japaing?

Be realistic, sir. And that was why i asked for your personal opinion on a time frame, and you can see that it isn't even feasible for you
Before the japa wave, Nigerian doctors we paid less than their counterparts in the UK, US and Australia, yet the japa no dey like this. What changed in the last 8 years to have caused the level of japa we now have?

As regards the bolded, nobody is saying the won't treat the disease, nobody is saying they'd treat the disease either. I'd bet things would stay the same or worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2023
larride:

Yes, I do agree that our university are actually oversatured. We churn out graduates in almost hundred of thousands every year with no manufacturing or industrial base to absorb them into the workforce. That the govt is still the highest employer of labor both in the national and sub national says a lot.

I agree that we need technical and industrial trainings to empower the major masses with skills. Almost all the artisan jobs in the country are been taking over by our neighboring countries because our youths want to either go to the university or do yahoo because they see artisans as less privilege.

That’s also why a lot of people see farming as a taboo, imagine the kind of population we have, if just 30% of our unemployed figure goes into mechanized farming, the result will surprise everyone.

But both the govt and the citizens are on a long thing.
my France patner is a farmer and if things go as planned I'll join him anytime soon

Farming 🧺 has always been my passion apart from tech and crypto..

Buhari really tried in revamping our agricultural sector but as naija wey we be.. we must do strong head to everything..

Let's see how the drug lord will perform thoor..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) (2264) ... (5226) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Kundistrict(m), Nezzjnr, seankafor(m), Theflint1(m), MonsieurCoder, Tochex101(m), izzou(m), iamoyindamola(m), GloriousGbola and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.