Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,465 members, 7,904,729 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1711392 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2693) (2694) (2695) (2696) (2697) (2698) (2699) ... (5054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
TrebleChamp:
Absolutely yes, human sgouldonly respected, appreciated, admired. Trust is for Allah SWT alone...

Are you Muslim? Your post sounds like one.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
A001:
Those saying Nigeria is poor should list countries that are rich in Africa, Asia, and Europe along with the metrics and criteria used to determine poor and rich countries.

Income per head

Get their budget and divide by official population to get an idea
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
Donjazet2:

Are you Muslim? Your post sounds like one.

grin

He is a Muslim......so?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
OasisX:
God punish Hadi Sirika!!!

Who be this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

Income per head

Get their budget and divide by official population to get an idea
Nigerian leaders obviously don't believe the country is poor. And they're actually right.

Economists generally rate Nigeria as one of the richest countries in Africa based on metrics such as GDP, GNI per capita, number of millionaires.

If the largest economy in Africa is poor, then all African countries are poor.

List the richest countries in Africa and the metrics used for the ranking. How do these countries compare with others in Europe, America, and Asia based on those metrics?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
izzou:

Who be this?

Former Minister of Aviation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:32pm On Jun 06, 2023
OasisX:

Former Minister of Aviation.

Wetin he/she do?

Nigeria Air matter?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
izzou:

Wetin he/she do?

Nigeria Air matter?

He fooled himself.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
A001:

Nigerian leaders obviously don't believe the country is poor. And they're actually right.

Economists generally rate Nigeria as one of the richest countries in Africa based on metrics such as GDP, GNI per capita, number of millionaires.

If the largest economy in Africa is poor, then all African countries are poor.

List the richest countries in Africa and the metrics used for the ranking. How do these countries compare with others in Europe, America, and Asia based on those metrics?

No long talk, get the budget of the country and divide by population that will give an idea of our standing

Are you willing to do that?

There are countries who made 80% of our revenue but have just 5% of our population

If you can calculate our income per head that will be helpful
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 11:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
izzou:
Muslim Muslim ticket for at least 20 years.

grin grin grin
*Guaranteed*. In Charles Barkley's voice
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

No long talk, get the budget of the country and divide by population that will give an idea of our standing

Are you willing to do that?

There are countries who made 80% of our revenue but have just 5% of our population

If you can calculate our income per head that will be helpful
I've already stated clearly Nigeria is one of the richest countries in Africa based on criteria like GDP, GNI per capita, number of millionaires.

You said Nigeria is poor, and I asked you to list rich countries in Africa, you can't.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
A40:
*Guaranteed*. In Charles Barkley's voice

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
Theflint1:
You see Seankafor for up dey say e wan convert to Muslim make e follow dey reap the fruits of the country and you dey say it's not about islamization...can't wake a man who's pretending to be asleep.

Seankafor is not you or me.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 11:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
A001:

Nigeria, the largest economy in Africa, is poor yet her politicians are among the highest paid in the world. As I said earlier, only the ignorant ones and hypocrites say Nigeria is poor.

Our leaders who know the situation of things much more than you and I don't believe that. Or have you seen your darling Tinubu proposed any austerity measures as it's expected from poor countries?

No.

Did he make any move to cut down on state spendings? No.

He's going about the business of governance just like past leaders did even during the oil boom. There's an office for the First Lady that will have many staff under her.

Throughout Tinubu's tenure, that office will gulp billions, if not trillions, of naira.

There might soon be an office for the First Daughter as well in an unprecedented development.

Does that look like how a poor country operates to you? It seems you know more about the country's financial resources than those running the government.

Keep chanting the country is poor all about while your leaders like Tinubu continue to receive some of the highest allowances in the world and stealing billions of naira now and then.

The country is poor for the masses, but not for the politicians.

If Nigeria — the largest economy in Africa — is poor, then all countries in Africa are poor as well.

Of course Africa is Poor, it's the Poorest continent after all.

You are speaking from the domain of Emotions, I'm talking to you based on fact and reality.

The reality that Nigeria is a poor country is not a misnomer, it's a hard base facts!!!

Tinubu can create the office of first son, first daughter or first uncle, it will no change the fact and reality that you live in a very poor country.

You are the Largest economy in Africa but have the lowest revenue to GDP ratio in the world.

South Africa spent has much money on Just education Alone as the Whole Nigeria Budget in a year.

Just think about that for a minute, the Total Nigeria Expenditure for a year is what South Africa spend on Just their Educational sector.

And no, the Government Spending problem we have is not the Purview of Tinubu, Maybe you forget but they are three arms of Government.

The Nigerian executive spending does not even ranked in the Top ten in Africa, Heck the Nigeria President is one of the least paid in the world, The Nigerian president earn less than Ghana, Kenya and even Ivory coast and yes I'm including the allowances.

But we have the highest paid legislator in the world and there's nothing the president can do to limit their spending, we the electorate need to start putting and applying pressure on our senator's and rep member to limit their spending, because right now we are channeling our grievances to the wrong source.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
Nigeria, the largest economy in Africa and largest producer of crude oil on the continent and one of the largest in the world, is poor. If that's so, all African countries are poor including South Africa.

Selling a false narrative to cover up for the thieving politicians. Or is there another meaning of poor we don't know?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
raumdeuter:

Seankafor also wants to be Russian. So that's Russianization of the world by Putin
Lol, na, e get different set of reasons for loving Russia/Putin, na wetin e give as e reason to convert for Nigeria I dey talk.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
Shaytun:

Of course Africa is Poor, it's the Poorest continent after all.

You are speaking from the domain of Emotions, I'm talking to you based on fact and reality.

The reality that Nigeria is a poor country is not a misnomer, it's a hard base facts!!!

Tinubu can create the office of first son, first daughter or first uncle, it will no change the fact and reality that you live in a very poor country.

You are the Largest economy in Africa but have the lowest revenue to GDP ratio in the world.

South Africa spent has much money on Just education Alone as the Whole Nigeria Budget in a year.

Just think about that for a minute, the Total Nigeria Expenditure for a year is what South Africa spend on Just their Educational sector.

And no, the Government Spending problem we have is not the Purview of Tinubu, Maybe you forget but they are three arms of Government.

The Nigerian executive spending does not even ranked in the Top ten in Africa, Heck the Nigeria President is one of the least paid in the world, The Nigerian president earn less than Ghana, Kenya and even Ivory coast and yes I'm including the allowances.

But we have the highest paid legislator in the world and there's nothing the president can do to limit their spending, we the electorate need to start putting and applying pressure on our senator's and rep member to limit their spending, because right now we are channeling our grievances to the wrong source.
Mention the richest countries in Africa. Do we have any?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
A001:

I've already stated clearly Nigeria is one of the richest countries in Africa based on criteria like GDP, GNI per capita, number of millionaires.

You said Nigeria is poor, and I asked you to list rich countries in Africa, you can't.

Nigeria is not among the richest country in Africa, Maybe you don't know what you are talking about.

GDP is not a measure of how rich a country is, don't be poor in economics.

Stop throwing around economics abbreviation and parameter's you know nothing about, you will sound f**lish.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
Theflint1:
Lol, na, e get different set of reasons for loving Russia/Putin, na wetin e give as e reason to convert for Nigeria I dey talk.

What gives him reason to desire Russia different from desiring Islam

Seankafor wey don talk say he no go mind become Arab or Saudi

That na Saudinization

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
A001:

I believe almost every North African country will have a higher income per head

Angola, Equatorial Guinea

Our so called 200m population is a big problem
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 11:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
A001:

The best way to judge will be to look at GDP (PPP) per capita.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

You can go through the list and see where your beloved country falls.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:55pm On Jun 06, 2023
A001:

India has more billionaires than every country in Europe

Is India a richer country than say Germany France Canada for example

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 11:56pm On Jun 06, 2023
Shaytun:

Nigeria is not among the richest country in Africa, Maybe you don't know what you are talking about.

GDP is not a measure of how rich a country is, don't be poor in economics.

Stop throwing around economics abbreviation and parameter's you know nothing about, you will sound f**lish.
Are there rich countries in Africa? Mention them. Let's see how they compare with other rich countries from other continents.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
Shaytun:

See Nigeria with 5,800
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 12:00am On Jun 07, 2023
A001:
Nigeria, the largest economy in Africa and largest producer of crude oil on the continent and one of the largest in the world, is poor. If that's so, all African countries are poor including South Africa.

Selling a false narrative to cover up for the thieving politicians. Or is there another meaning of poor we don't know?

I'm sorry to bust your bubble but you are not God, Just because you want something to be, wouldn't make it to be.

I can proclaim myself as the richest man in the world, but when I go to the bank to withdraw my money, reality will hit me in the face.

So you need to adjust your reality that the country you live in is a very Poor country.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:00am On Jun 07, 2023
A001:

Are there rich countries in Africa? Mention them. Let's see how they compare with other rich countries from other continents.

Egypt Libya Algeria Morroco Angola Equatorial Guinea Tunisia South Africa etc

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 12:01am On Jun 07, 2023
raumdeuter:

See Nigeria with 5,800

grin grin grin

Africa is a very poor continent, and we don't even rank in the Top 10.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 12:04am On Jun 07, 2023
raumdeuter:

Egypt Libya Algeria Morroco Angola Equatorial Guinea Tunisia etc

South Africa, seychelles, mauritania, mauritius, Namibia, Gabon, Eswatini,
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:10am On Jun 07, 2023
Shaytun:

I'm sorry to bust your bubble but you are not God, Just because you want something to be, wouldn't make it to be.

I can proclaim myself as the richest man in the world, but when I go to the bank to withdraw my money, reality will hit me in the face.

So you need to adjust your reality that the country you live in is a very Poor country.
Mumu, go preach to your darling Tinubu and the legislooters, who are among the highest paid in the world. So your dumb brain believes Nigeria is poor but still has some of the highest-paid legislators in the world.

Where does a poor country see that kind of money to pay public officials?

Does the Nigerian government operate like a poor country? No. Does any governor of any state do so? No.

Pass your mumu message to them since you know more about the country's resources than those running it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:12am On Jun 07, 2023
raumdeuter:

Egypt Libya Algeria Morroco Angola Equatorial Guinea Tunisia South Africa etc
There's no metric you'll use that will put Nigeria among the poorest countries in Africa. No metrics.

With its relatively high GDP and being the largest economy in Africa, Nigeria is neither rich nor poor. It's more correctly called a middle-income country.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:28am On Jun 07, 2023
Calling Nigeria a poor country is false and misinformation. To be candid, Nigeria is neither rich nor poor.

According to the World Bank, Nigeria is a middle-income country and belongs to the group the body calls "the world’s Middle-Income Countries (MICs)".

That's the factual statement. Nigeria is not a poor or low-income country, and this is quite obvious in the lifestyle of our leaders.

List of the world’s Middle-Income Countries (MICs) by the World Bank: https://data.worldbank.org/country/XP
List of the world’s Low-Income Countries (LICs) by the World Bank: https://data.worldbank.org/country/XM

People should stop peddling misinformation for political reasons to deceive the gullible.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:42am On Jun 07, 2023
Shaytun:

This data suppose kill the argument sha cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2693) (2694) (2695) (2696) (2697) (2698) (2699) ... (5054) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: FEGEITOK, Emaprince, monerozi5590, Olowunl01, BlueRayDick, Theflint1(m), LordAdam16, OasisX, Tochex101(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.