Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,077 members, 7,890,554 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:59 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1662655 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) (2785) (2786) ... (4990) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 8:03am On Jun 21, 2023
Segedinho:

And if it is upheld....what do you think a common man can do?

Has the minimum wage issue reached this stage of proposition?

Lol, there is a reason why no one is touching it, the recommended date was January 1, 2023.

I don’t think any assembly will be foolish enough to pass that law, and even they do which state governor or president will assent to it?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2023
Segedinho:
weda e ech 100 trillion na dem know......

Make them allow poor man breathe naim matter pass now

FG and NLC/TUC will bring closure on the minimum wage and other labour demand in 8 weeks time. August 14.

A lot of work is going on right now. Brainstorming and all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2023
When we talk about Nigerian government not having adequate funds to execute projects/run government , why is nobody looking at AMCON ? Maybe because most of the people owing banks which AMCON bought over are big men , political elites and untouchables .

I mean as at 2022 Nigeria has about 3.6 trillion trapped in AMCON .How did that happen ?

Top Nigerian banks were plagued with bad debts which came from loans they gave without due diligence , some due to high interest rates , etc . The debts were so much that the banks would’ve gone under without government’s intervention. The FG set up AMCON to buy those debts off the commercial banks so they can continue operations. Over the past 13 years AMCON has only been successful in recovering 1.4 trillion out of total of 5 trillion. The debtors have used technicalities to stall court cases , some of them have even abandoned their business venture and set up more successful ones without paying their old bad debts

So we have 3.6 trillion in the hands of less than 400 individuals and businesses . Imagine if 3.6 trillion is injected into the economy instead of these monies being stashed in tax havens, running other proxy businesses etc ?

My question is why is there a conspiracy of silence on this ?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:13am On Jun 21, 2023
Shaytun:

Lol, there is a reason why no one is touching it, the recommended date was January 1, 2023.

I don’t think any assembly will be foolish enough to pass that law, and even they do which state governor or president will assent to it?
Fingers crossed..

The first I normally say is...This is Nigeria
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:14am On Jun 21, 2023
monerozi5590:

FG and NLC/TUC will bring closure on the minimum wage and other labour demand in 8 weeks time. August 14.

A lot of work is going on right now. Brainstorming and all.
Na here we dey
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Never heard of such moniker

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2023
Segedinho:

Na here we dey

One thing I like about Tinubu is that he talks and he do the talk.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2023
monerozi5590:

One thing I like about Tinubu is that he talks and he do the talk.
He talk say subsidy go cmot by june but d tin cmot for May.... cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:09am On Jun 21, 2023
Seems like the LP guys are not united..
LP have the majority in Enugu state H0A but na PDP lawmaker be their Speaker..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2023
Segedinho:
Is Nigeria really broke

Shaytun

https://www.nairaland.com/7736023/fg-votes-n24-billion-10th

Nigerian legislator are one of the highest paid in the world.

They need to cut their allowances, I have always been in support of that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2023
A reminder to everyone.

Obi case argument closes tomorrow, out of 50 witness he said he will call, only 7 witnesses have been interrogated.

When the case is thrown out by the tribunal make nobody shout the judges have been compromised oo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2023
Shaytun:

Nigerian legislator are one of the highest paid in the world.

They need to cut their allowances, I have always been in support of that.
The question is are we really broke
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Delightsome2023: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Nezzjnr:

They just increased the fees for Newly Admitted Students in Uniben.
Returning students follow join too.
150k for returning students
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2023
Shaytun:
A reminder to everyone.

Obi case argument closes tomorrow, out of 50 witness he said he will call, only 7 witnesses have been interrogated.

When the case is thrown out by the tribunal make nobody shout the judges have been compromised oo.

I am not a law inclined person.
My question is whose fault is this? And isnt it entirely possible that the evidence presented by 7 witnesses is enough?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nezzjnr: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2023
Delightsome2023:
Returning students follow join too.
150k for returning students
They reversed the decision
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by livelongprospa: 10:03am On Jun 21, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Seems like the LP guys are not united..

LP have the majority in Enugu state H0A but na PDP lawmaker be their Speaker..

Lol.. It's seniority that determines speaker.
It's like saying dave Umahi will be SP as he entered this year
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Delightsome2023: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Nihilistjnr please how did you kill this werey
Been battling the mofo since 2 months have watched YouTube sef he refused to die
which game is this abeg?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:07am On Jun 21, 2023
Gow ragnarok
Delightsome2023:
which game is this abeg?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2023
Spy360:

Arrgh!!!

Her being a member of LP was not a secret na. Neither is her suit against INEC. By the way she is in court to testify against INEC, she didn't come to baby sit them. Being a member of a party does not make you partisan as long as your report is evidential. It's like a teacher marking his son's script. It does not invalidate the result as long as she follows the marking guide.

Did your dad's lawyer tell you this? I will like to know his 'under the tree' chamber. 😄

You think those questions of the witness being an LP candidate and having sued INEC before, were asked for fun? LP lawyers were stupid to have brought a member of the party to stand as an expert witness, not even officially sent by her company, AWS. Court will use her papers to wrap Akara.

Spy360:

What the court will now do is to find out if her report has weight or substance. The INEC SANs couldn't get her to comment on anything LP. That's why they started asking her which states LP won and all those nonsense. She was too smart for them. Olanipekun even acknowledge that she is no stranger to court affairs.

grin
You are a clown.

Olanipekun found out early that no need to stress an already tainted witness ( ask your dad's lawyer for meaning), that's why he was taunting her. I will prefer a more intelligent Obidient to continue from where you stopped. You are too dull on legal matters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Delightsome2023: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Gow ragnarok
Ps3, 4 or 5?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Delightsome2023: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2023
Nezzjnr:

They reversed the decision
how you take know?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2023
Delightsome2023:
Ps3, 4 or 5?
4 and 5
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2023
livelongprospa:

Lol.. It's seniority that determines speaker. It's like saying dave Umahi will be SP as he entered this year

True.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Delightsome2023: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2023
iamoyindamola:

4 and 5
thank you bro
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Based on what I read on it , the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) claimed salaries of public officials , judicial officers and elected officials have not been reviewed since 2007 and that it was due for upward review this year . Somehow they are proposing a 114% pay rise .

I guess this particular matter will determine if Tinubu is any different from other presidents in the past. If they are telling us they need to remove petrol subsidy , let go education subsidy and make other tough sacrifices because Nigeria don’t have the money to continue with them, it will be totally wicked and selfish to go ahead with the new pay rise they are proposing for now . It will only mean they want the rich to keep getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

Someone like Senator Abiru of Lagos East senatorial district was the MD of a commercial bank where he resigned and contested for vacant senate seat. People like that are already made . It will be sheer wickedness for people of his caliber to get 114% pay rise while the common man in the streets( some of whom campaigned and voted for him) sink deeper down the poverty line .

I want to believe they will step it down, if not for anything but for the bad PR it will give their government
They can NEVER step it down. These people really don't care bro.

And some people who are suffering as well...will attack anybody that criticises them.

APC supporters are really cursed.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 10:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Learnt Elected Politicians and Judges are about to get a 114% increment in salary.

EL-O-EL. I no go even attack anything again.

As the legendary Abami Eda said, “Nobody dey suffer. Everybody dey enjoy”

Any tax Bad Boy Tinbz bring, make everybody pay
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2023
Shaytun:
A reminder to everyone.

But they are and that is the truth. Only an ìdìot will bet money that Obi will come out victorious in court.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by NeloNelo: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2023
monerozi5590:
EFCC don release Ortom after 10 hours grilling.

I just saw it o,

EFCC Releases Ortom, Former Governor Of Benue State

https://thegisthouse.com/efcc-releases-ortom/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:07am On Jun 21, 2023
Emaprince:
They can NEVER step it down. These people really don't care bro.

And some people who are suffering as well...will attack anybody that criticises them.

APC supporters are really cursed.

Baba, I’m not a fan of Tinubu or his political ideologies , but I don’t think he will proceed with approving the 114% increment at this time .

How many state governments will adopt the new pay structure being proposed and they will be bold enough to face the people and ask them for sacrifice. Lagos state for example has money but how will Lagos state government increase the pay of people like Mudashiru Obasa by 114% and expect the residents of the state to bear with them when they say they don’t have funds to fix roads in the state ? How will they increase the pay of Desmond Elliot and come out with bold face to tell us it’s paucity of funds that has made work slow on Lagos-Badagry expressway ?

I don’t think any reasonable government will implement whatever nonsense RMAFC is proposing at this time !
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:13am On Jun 21, 2023
DeadPresidents:
Learnt Elected Politicians and Judges are about to get a 114% increment in salary.

EL-O-EL. I no go even attack anything again.

As the legendary Abami Eda said, “Nobody dey suffer. Everybody dey enjoy”

Any tax Bad Boy Tinbz bring, make everybody pay
Because we are poor they should manage the 114% normally they deserve 200% rise

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2023
For more on the rot in the judiciary and those still waiting for Obi to win, watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjQwwlMrXY&t=80s&pp=ygUVTmpjIGFmcmFpZCBidWxrYWNoaXdh

(1) (2) (3) ... (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) (2785) (2786) ... (4990) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: cephasdultimate, raumdeuter, izzou(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.