Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,899 members, 7,980,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 07:21 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1953559 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) (2873) (2874) (2875) ... (5446) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2023
monerozi5590:

Actually, you can also become majority by coalition. LP formed a temporary coalition with the other parties with LP being the main party. I think PDP will do the same if it were to be in LP's shoes.

For now, LP is the ruling party in Abia State and all opposition parties including PDP should take the back seat grin grin grin

Your first paragraph is wrong please.

Majority leader goes to the party with the highest majority in the house not by coalition or anything. Na simple majority won by the party during the election.

Whatever coalition is for picking speaker and deputy speaker. Not for picking Majority and Minority leader of the party. That one belongs to the party.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
larride:

Majority leader goes to the party with the highest majority in the house not by coalition or anything. Na simple majority won by the party during the election.

Whatever coalition is for picking speaker and deputy speaker. Not for picking Majority and Minority leader of the party. That one belongs to the party.

Is this a written or unwritten rule?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
raumdeuter:

In my school we did fluid mechanics in the faculty which was lectured by Mechanical engineering but in my department we took another course transport phenomena which was similar in content.

The mechanical engineering lecturer who taught fluid mechanics was mean while the chemical engineering lecturer Prof Solomon was quite friendly and delivered the lecture better in a smaller classroom

So fluid mechanics favors guys from my department cos we "learnt it twice" in the same semester

I just realized egbon nah engineer. Little wonder his acumen in twisting situations and arguing both ways and still win. You can play with words sha.

BTW, nah only God fit deliver me from fluid mech embarassed embarassed embarassed . The course I will be doing till final year! What a course!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Is this a written or unwritten rule?

Its standard house rules.

Majority leader goes to the party with the elected majority in the house

Minority leader goes to the party with the elected minority in the house.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
larride:

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
It's Now Days since the Emir of ILORIN, a Fulani called the erudite Prof. Wole Soyinka a clout chaser, a small boy & a noise maker and he has not written a letter calling all fulanis and the supporters of the Emir fascists,@airmark what is happening?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2023
larride:

Its standard house rules.

Majority leader goes to the party with the elected majority in the house

Minority leader goes to the party with the elected minority in the house.

So it's an unwritten rule that everybody is supposed to respect abi?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
Amigoss:
It's Now Days since the Emir of ILORIN, a Fulani called the erudite Prof. Wole Soyinka a clout chaser, a small boy & a noise maker and he has not written a letter calling all fulanis and the supporters of the Emir fascists,@airmark what is happening?
Who be Emir of Ilorin? I no even sabi him name. No reasonable person takes such a nonentity seriously. He can call WS any name he likes. That doesn't take anything away from the legacy the nobel laureate has built for himself.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by hopefulLandlord: 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
OasisX:
grin
Pastor Poju and Adefarasin don buy market.
where's the demonic tweet Poju made?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
So, there was actually a time when GRE was suspended in Nigeria, and some students had to travel to nearby countries like Ghana to sit the exam. Interesting.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
Amigoss:
The Yorubas know their God. Have u seen hoeasisx ,larride or airmark come and preach about it?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2023
Someone called a nobel laureate, who is a global figure, a clout chaser, and you think such a m.oron should be paid to attention to. Obviously, both of you don't know what a nobel prize means.

All these funny Nairaland posts sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
A001:

Who be Emir of Ilorin? I no even sabi him name. No reasonable person takes such a nonentity seriously. He can call WS any name he likes. That doesn't take anything away from the legacy the nobel laureate has built for himself.

The Emir is a retired Court of Appeal Justice
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The Emir is a retired Court of Appeal Justice
I no sabi the m.oron. Unlike the renowned Wole Soyinka who is a global figure, the emir is just a local figure known mostly by Ilorin people and his fellow extremists.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
monerozi5590:

This is for picking speaker and deputy speaker.

Majority and Minority leader goes straight to the party with the majority or minority in the Assembly not by voting.

You can only do caucus if its voting. They dont vote for Majority or Minority leader.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

So it's an unwritten rule that everybody is supposed to respect abi?

Do you know what house rule means?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2023
larride:

This is for picking speaker and deputy speaker.

Majority and Minority leader goes straight to the party with the majority or minority in the Assembly not by voting.

You can only do caucus if its voting. They dont vote for Majority or Minority leader.

I said LP formed coalition with YPP and APC to become the majority party.

Read the full explanation on how LP produced majority leader here.

https://thewhistler.ng/abia-apc-ypp-explain-why-lp-produced-speaker-majority-leader-despite-having-fewer-lawmakers/amp/

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
What happened in Abia House of Assembly is criminal in nature..LP got that one wrong..

Majority leader should be PDP..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
You won't see hoeasisx or airmark here. Na to dey hawk Igbo matter like gala den sabi

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2023
A001:

You don't need to Sabi am. Soyinka should focus on other important things than dictating too the Emir how he should rule his community.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
A001:
So, there was actually a time when GRE was suspended in Nigeria, and some students had to travel to nearby countries like Ghana to sit the exam. Interesting.
Yes, and that was because of examination malpractice, as I heard when I started teaching GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, and GMAT in 2016.

That same examination malpractice has started again since the GRE now has a home edition which can be taken at home with a webcam enabled laptop and that is why too many people now get a combined score of up to 330 on the GRE, an exam that you must be very brilliant to get a combined score of up to 310.

I don't want to disclose more info.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
monerozi5590:

I said LP formed coalition with YPP and APC to become the majority party.

Read the full explanation on how LP produced majority leader here.

https://thewhistler.ng/abia-apc-ypp-explain-why-lp-produced-speaker-majority-leader-despite-having-fewer-lawmakers/amp/

This doesn't make sense 1 bit. You only form caucus when it comes to voting.

As long as those other members still remain YPP and APC members, PDP remains the majority party in the house and should get the majority leader position. It's simple thing.

It's a different thing entirely if those other lawmakers decamp to LP, that's the only way they become the party with majority.

When Bukola Saraki used tactics to become Senate President against the wish of the party and become Senate President while the other party members were meeting with the President, why did APC produce the majority leader position, why didnt they use caucus to give it to PDP?

Its criminal. Simple n short.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

Yes, and that was because of examination malpractice, as I heard when I started teaching GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, and GMAT in 2016.

That same examination malpractice has started again since the GRE now has a home edition which can be taken at home with a webcam enabled laptop and that is why too many people now get a combined score of up to 330 on the GRE, an exam that you must be very brilliant to get a combined score of up to 310.

I don't want to disclose more info.
Okay.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2023
larride:

This doesn't make sense 1 bit. You only form caucus when it comes to voting.

As long as those other members still remain YPP and APC members, PDP remains the majority party in the house and should get the majority leader position. It's simple thing.

It's a different thing entirely if those other lawmakers decamp to LP, that's the only way they become the party with majority.

When Bukola Saraki used tactics to become Senate President against the wish of the party and become Senate President while the other party members were meeting with the President, why did APC produce the majority leader position, why didnt they use caucus to give it to PDP?

Its criminal. Simple n short.

Look at the composition of what a majority party is by the senate

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
kad199:
You don't need to Sabi am. Soyinka should focus on other important things than dictating too the Emir how he should rule his community.
He won the Nobel Prize partly because he has always stood up against tyrants like the Emir and successive military governments. That's the WS millions admire and respect.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2023
larride:

Do you know what house rule means?

Again.. I'm not arguing.
I'm trying to learn.
Are these set of rules written or it's unwritten?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
A001:

He won the Nobel Prize partly because he has always stood up against tyrants like the Emir and successive military governments. That's the WS millions admire and respect.

Like how he stood up to the FG and went to jail for the cause of Biafra

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
grin

Dem don overworry our dear landlord.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
monerozi5590:

Look at the composition of what a majority party is by the senate

I just practically told you how Saraki became Senate President yet APC still produced the Majority leader position.

In the current house of representatives, APC has 176 members, PDP and other parties combined has 182. PDP and those other parties cant form any caucus to make themselves the majority party. E no possible.

APC rightly produced the majority leadership while PDP and NNPP produce minority leader and deputy minority leader respectively.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Again.. I'm not arguing.
I'm trying to learn.
Are these set of rules written or it's unwritten?

House rules are what govern the house.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
larride:

I just practically told you how Saraki became Senate President yet APC still produced the Majority leader position.

In the current house of representatives, APC has 176 members, PDP and other parties combined has 182. PDP and those other parties cant form any caucus to make themselves the majority party. E no possible.

APC rightly produced the majority leadership while PDP and NNPP produce minority leader and deputy minority leader respectively.

What's your interpretation of that screenshot? Look at the second part of the definition of majority party. That's what LP did.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

where's the demonic tweet Poju made?

grin

.....his demonic tweet?! Here you have it bruh.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2869) (2870) (2871) (2872) (2873) (2874) (2875) ... (5446) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Regex and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.