Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,768 members, 7,924,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 02:13 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1778200 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) ... (5181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:18am On Jul 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Who told u Atiku didn’t ? Just like Roland17 pointed out, OBJ was the most calculative and self aware president we ever had . What do u think he was doing having senate leadership changed over and over during his tenure ?

As Atiku dey scheme, OBJ dey calculate ahead of am tinfoil his moves . OBJ wasn’t a docile president , he was always watching his flanks while making moves .

My understanding which may be wrong is that Obj was focused on chasing debt relief and fdi and so he spent most of his first term out of Nigeria,leaving Atiku in charge. And Atiku then focused on undercutting Obj. The end result of all of this was Atiku and his most visible supporters being dealt with to send a message.

I have always said that if Atiku had not been so overambitious, he would have been president easily. What was coming to him with no effort, he has now spent the rest of his life chasing after to no avail.

And he also fked things over for VPs who followed after him. The only VPN who had any semblance of power since then was Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Kayyy: 12:41am On Jul 22, 2023
Interesting read, at the end of the day, all these demands for free this free that, free education this and that is just because of the lifestyle of our political class, when jeeps worth hundreds of millions are shared each, from furniture, newspaper, house allowance and all these rubbish are not enough for them and they still dipp their hands into the money for the people by padding contracts and all, definitely the people would demand for more and more even unrealistic demands. When you see their counterparts and contemporary in even developed countries and you can boast that Nigerian policiians are far richer than them in accrued wealth, properties and resources then you can't blame the people. How and why should a politician in Nigeria with the wages given to the people, budget allocatiions to the people be competing with politicians like Rishi Dubai, Mitt Romney etc in wealth, how ? This is the elephant in the room .

Obviously I agree that unrealistic demands are made by the people, I say this because we demand subsidized education, subsidized helathcare, yet we want world class universities ( we complain that ours are not even ranked top in Africa let alone the rest of the world), we complain we don't have world class hospitals, world class roads , after all this subsidized programs, when we finish and start working , we complain we are not earning international standards, that we are earning close to nothing, an example of the doctor that used about 1-1.5milion to study in a govt institution and wants something close NHS based salary, then leave claiming they are being treated like slaves and underpaid while you want to go where they spend about Β£80-100,000 to study. In summary you want the govt to cheapen or make free all the instruments you need to be a Woking class person and then demand from the same govt a salary air standard commensurate to developed countries pay structure. This is obviously unrealistic, even the so called international countries are rolling back all their free programmes, tertiary education in the UK you account for now yourself, and teh taxes alone from wages are increasing by the decades, nothing is sustainable for life.

But like I started with, it's not entirely the fault of those asking for cheap, or free at the same time standard , it's because they have seen the political class live a life of their international peers thus if they can live such lifestyle the populace also desire the international lifestyle of their counterparts too. Unfortunately there is no solution at hand cos irrational greed cannot be stopped in this country.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 1:02am On Jul 22, 2023
Unlimited22:

Lol
Obj dey scan pass prime Xavi.. Man was guiding unbelievably.

His years as a military HOS and Abacha's prisoner taught him maximum lessons.

Remember the military Generals that died in the plane crash in 2006 or there about? Nothing wen anybody go tell me wen I believe say Obasanjo did not know what happened! Nothing!! Man was conveniently in Singapore when the crash happened.

When Obasanjo was in power, you underrate him at your own peril because he was decisive, calculated and thought ahead, farther than any of his enemies prepared for. I think his time in jail taught him to be ruthless.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 1:03am On Jul 22, 2023
larride:

Do you know how much Unity schools students were paying before?

I think that's the first place to start from.
I paid about 50 thousand as at 2012. The increment is not astronomical, especially if there has been increases since then.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:13am On Jul 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I thought this was an edited screenshot , I had to go check the guy up on Facebook .

He even wishes for the courts to order a rerun so he can correct his mistakes .

He also wants a viral opposition that is devoid of ethnic or religious sentiments .

Tough !πŸ˜”

I guess this Tinubu presidency no favour him and his family.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 3:24am On Jul 22, 2023
afrodoc2:

I guess this Tinubu presidency no favour him and his family.

grin grin grin

grin

He quickly voice out , He no fit dey stand on mandate when he never chop na

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 3:25am On Jul 22, 2023
Roland17:

It is the narrative I have heard from friends from Delta and the SS. He is perhaps the most influential SS politician. E get mouth pass loud Rivers Agba Cooker.
Delta not SS. The thing is that ibori na chop I chop kind of person. Had I been okowa and udughan were like him. Cos we know both of them still stole more than ibori.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDicks: 3:27am On Jul 22, 2023
GloriousGbola:

My understanding which may be wrong is that Obj was focused on chasing debt relief and fdi and so he spent most of his first term out of Nigeria,leaving Atiku in charge. And Atiku then focused on undercutting Obj. The end result of all of this was Atiku and his most visible supporters being dealt with to send a message.

I have always said that if Atiku had not been so overambitious, he would have been president easily. What was coming to him with no effort, he has now spent the rest of his life chasing after to no avail.

And he also fked things over for VPs who followed after him. The only VPN who had any semblance of power since then was Osinbajo.

It's that arrogance that messed Atiku up; the thing still dey manifest in his life till date

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:29am On Jul 22, 2023
Roland17:

Remember the military Generals that died in the plane crash in 2006 or there about? Nothing wen anybody go tell me wen I believe say Obasanjo did not know what happened! Nothing!! Man was conveniently in Singapore when the crash happened.

When Obasanjo was in power, you underrate him at your own peril because he was decisive, calculated and thought ahead, farther than any of his enemies prepared for. I think his time in jail taught him to be ruthless.

It wasn't just his time in jail. It was the cumulative experience he had gotten from his life as a soldier. Between 1966 and 1999 most of the politics being played in Nigeria was being played in the military, and OBJ was heavily involved in a lot of it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 4:23am On Jul 22, 2023
Roland17:

This is outrageously preposterous.

Not even Alex Jones will form this kind of conspiracy.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 4:33am On Jul 22, 2023
larride:

The school fees should remain the same till the student loan Scheme start running and students has access to it.

It's just common sense.
No. I disagree.

At 100k - 200k a year, UNILAG (or other federal unis for that matter) fees still remain heavily subsidised.

Until the fees are raised to about 800k - 1.5 m per session, there is no reason for education bank or a students loan yet.

Government is asking people to pay 20% of the true price of university education and they are crying. What manner of entitlement is that?

Tertiary education is not a human right, It is a choice. Some people leave secondary schools to learn Mechanic and tailoring, where is their own free 700k a year?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:10am On Jul 22, 2023
grin

Ellupee......75 πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:18am On Jul 22, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

No. I disagree.

At 100k - 200k a year, UNILAG (or other federal unis for that matter) fees still remain heavily subsidised.

Until the fees are raised to about 800k - 1.5 m per session, there is no reason for education bank or a students loan yet.

Government is asking people to pay 20% of the true price of university education and they are crying. What manner of entitlement is that?

Tertiary education is not a human right, It is a choice. Some people leave secondary schools to learn Mechanic and tailoring, where is their own free 700k a year?

School fees of 800k - 1.5m? Fear God now.

Even in saner climes public schools are still cheaper than private ones.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2023
larride:

It is in the nature of privilege to blind.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I thought this was an edited screenshot , I had to go check the guy up on Facebook .

He even wishes for the courts to order a rerun so he can correct his mistakes .

He also wants a viral opposition that is devoid of ethnic or religious sentiments .

Tough !πŸ˜”
This is wonderful. grin

Guy forget, Anybody coming here to defend everything happening now is just disguising to avoid being shamed for making wrong choices...or the person is abroad and not in tune with the harsh realities down here.

No matter how rich you might have been, truth is currently, your earnings must be reduced in one way or another. Unless you are a thief or a beneficiary of govt loots.

The money we burn on fuel now is times 3 the initial consumption. Unless you don't own a ride, you wont know the effect is not funny. A lot of businesses are affected, especially those that needs power to function.

Na the people that though it will favour only them and their families dey make us laugh...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:56am On Jul 22, 2023
larride:

Omo...e be things. Every one don enjoy their own subsidy commot. Make the current students who are shocked by this development suffer am.

Just watch . . Many students will defer their studies cos definitely, not all parents will.meet up with the new charges...especially when no measures have been put in place to alleviate the weight.

Nigerian thieving politicians makes a rule which might seem like a nice development, meanwhile, the money generated end up being looted and shared among themselves...then some one will want to defend them.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2023
πŸ“ŒπŸ“ŒπŸ“Œ

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:59am On Jul 22, 2023
I hope the FG wades in to remind this people that freedom of religion is sacrosanct especially in a place like kwara state

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2023
larride:

Lie lie.
No need to fear God anything.
If that's the actual value of Education then let the people pay it.
Make una stop dey cherry pick😊

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:01am On Jul 22, 2023
DontBullshitMe:

No. I disagree.

I support.. I support😊

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2023
cool

.....pay less Attention to fake news and/or making conclusions based on headlines only.

This Administration is transparent enough to saving all from ignorance!

Below is ACCOUNTABILITY at its peak!

Communique of last NEC Meeting - well detailed.

https://twitter.com/officialSKSM/status/1682135245779288069?t=LTggCf8vQZqAuCKnGjP59w&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 8:23am On Jul 22, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Atiku's miscalculations are legendary and stuff that would be written about in books for decades to come.

If he had just allowed GEJ finish his tenure and not stab PDP in the back. He would have cruised to Presidency and be on his second term by now. Just unscrupulous and lacking in code

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2023
grin

.....they are cooking Soludo now?! LOL!
Well, internet no dey forget.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 8:50am On Jul 22, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Imagine if Atiku was PDP’s candidate in 2007 and later president, we would have had either a Donald Duke or Soludo as VP. There was no way Atiku would have chosen an over-bearing guy like Odili as his VP, or complete light weight like GEJ.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:15am On Jul 22, 2023
A40:
Atiku's miscalculations are legendary and stuff that would be written about in books for decades to come.

If he had just allowed GEJ finish his tenure and not stab PDP in the back. He would have cruised to Presidency and be on his second term by now. Just unscrupulous and lacking in code

And in the last election , he once again completely fked over the party. Back stabbing wike led to g5. I must run led to Peter obi splitting from the party.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibukzy: 9:24am On Jul 22, 2023
Why should it be FG

Kwara State no get Governor?

Let the FG breath abeg grin

liveLongNprospa:
I hope the FG wades in to remind this people that freedom of religion is sacrosanct especially in a place like kwara state

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2023
The fact that this same Ibori is in bed with Tinubu is disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2023
izzou:
Birds of a feather they say . . . . . .

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2023
izzou:
Spambot don release you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
E reach Yorubas turn una begin say make FG wade in. What about respecting ur host.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2023
izzou:
They are cooking something delicious
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2023
kad199:
E reach Yorubas turn una begin say make FG wade in. What about respecting ur host.
Respect which host?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) ... (5181) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.