Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,051 members, 7,980,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:20 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1956612 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3177) (3178) (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) ... (5449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
The other day, an illegal gold mining site allegedly belonging to a former governor was discovered in Zamfara State.

Someone came here (can't remember the handle) and told us it is the Chinese that are benefiting from the sales of these illegal products. I did not read any uproar about China oh.. If that unsubstantiated claim was about the West, you will see noise everywhere about WEST WEST WEST

UNA NO DEY TIRE!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

grin grin grin

Happy belated birthday baba.

I meant to wish you yesterday but work carry me go where I no know.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
Roland17:

Happy belated birthday baba.

I meant to wish you yesterday but work carry me go where I no know.

Thanks boss. My birthday na today oo. Just that when I posted it, una still dey evening for that side. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
Roland17:

The West and its leaders must have stipulated the cups of garri/ rice each person in Nigeria must get in that palliative.

There is a funny dynamic going on in my mind concerning both of yous' conversation right now. You're both saying that African countries should stop blaming the west for their own woes which are now largely self-inflicted but to look inwards and start correcting and building themselves up, a sentiment I kinda agree with.(Even though this minimises the historic injustices the west has indeed meted out upon us).
EXCEPT,, We attempted to do that few months ago by doing it in the best and biggest way to ever to that. Flushing away the current corrupt elite ruling class and electing good people that would work for the country and truly be the representatives of the people.

No action can ever be bigger than that, resetting the country's leadership from top down. But the person you are chatting with and many like that set obstacles towards achieving that goal and fully actively backed the status quo that has continually done all the terrible things and harm to the country you are both listing. He fought those that advocated for that massive change and actively supported the wicked ruling class that continues to pin nigeria down through corruption and crass maladministration.

So how then can someone who has supported the status quo and wicked leaders who put nigeria now turn around and start saying, "blame your leaders" for nigeria, abeg which bad leaders again? grin grin

So who is deceiving who?? You are criticizing the same Nigerian political class for damaging the country but the same you continuously advocated for the same people, make it make sense abeg.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
Roland17:

the World Bank said it remained committed to providing assistance to Uganda despite its pause on financing.

Why are they not suspending assistance 2 nigeria which is als0 anti same sex? Hipocrisy/injustice. injustice no b only wen
e affect u, u go shout.
i.e a high level economic warfare against the people 0f Uganda. But thanks 2 BRICS. There is an alternative
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
donjazzet:

There is a funny dynamic going on in my mind concerning both of yous' conversation right now. You're both saying that African countries should stop blaming the west for their own woes which are now largely self-inflicted but to look inwards and start correcting and building themselves up, a sentiment I kinda agree with.(Even though this minimises the historic injustices the west has indeed meted out upon us).
EXCEPT,, We attempted to do that few months ago by doing it in the best and biggest way to ever to that. Flushing away the current corrupt elite ruling class and electing good people that would work for the country and truly be the representatives of the people.

No action can ever be bigger than that, resetting the country's leadership from top down. But the person you are chatting with and many like that set obstacles towards achieving that goal and fully actively backed the status quo that has continually done all the terrible things and harm to the country you are both listing. He fought those that advocated for that massive change and actively supported the wicked ruling class that continues to pin nigeria down through corruption and crass maladministration.

So how then can someone who has supported the status quo and wicked leaders who put nigeria now turn around and start saying, "blame your leaders" for nigeria, abeg which bad leaders again? grin grin

So who is deceiving who?? You are criticizing the same Nigerian political class for damaging the country but the same you continuously advocated for the same people, make it make sense abeg.

I agree with everything you said up there except the embolden

Respectfully, abeg, address the embolden to the person it is intended for.

I am not a keeper for Dayo's thoughts/ positions neither am I an arbiter to your differences in position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

Was I defending Ganduje before? I said Ganduje will have his day in court. That was my post, simple and clear. If my post is not clear enough for you, abeg skip it.

Do you intentionally like to forget what an argument was, or is this you being serious?

This was what you quoted with "Having a day in court"

iamoyindamola:

How can we hold our leaders like gandollar

So, how can we hold Ganduje accountable, when in the next 8 years, he won't be having that day in court?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Why are they not suspending assistance 2 nigeria which is als0 anti same sex? Hipocrisy/injustice. injustice no b only wen
e affect u, u go shout.
i.e a high level economic warfare against the people 0f Uganda. But thanks 2 BRICS. There is an alternative

I can understand your position because it is a legitimate argument. However, granting Nigeria the loan shows they are still working with countries where same-sex marriage is illegal. The embolden is what I have always said. You are not compelled to use World Bank. There are alternatives and I am glad Uganda can access the loan the need.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

The internet is free. Use it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35093785.amp

Larride you need to sleep for like 7 hours then come back and read what I wrote. E be like say eye dey turn you
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

Dasuki wasn't charged to court? Do you even know what you are saying? Same Dasuki?

Guy If you have eye issues then go get it treated
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Griffon: 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
obainojazz:
They say West making Africa poor yen yen… But Asia and Middle East is thriving.

Your politicians looting funds for world class hospitals and schools to buy properties abroad.

There is no set out plan to attract investments… we just borrow and loot

You people take this your Africa resources too serious like other parts of the world don’t have gold and crude oil.

Middle East were in charge of Islamic imperialism themselves. It would be blatant hypocrisy for you to say they were under imperial and colonial rule. The Arab conquerors acted in a typically imperialist fashion from the start, whilst Asia jettisoned the ideas of the West over a century ago. You can’t bring these continents to a debate about how much grip and influence the European governments had and still has on their African colonies.

By having their lapdogs at the helm of affairs in Africa, European “colonialists” keep contributing to the lack of development, political thuggery, and endemic violence whose roots lie mainly in tribal culture, and sectarian conflicts. It’s a proven fact.

Even after independence, France still forces 14 of its former colonies to pay colonial taxes for the ‘benefits of colonialization’. You can’t revolt against your master, best you can do is to steal your own and contribute to the decay.

Nobody knows much more than the other about the poor leadership in Africa, we were all born into it, and it’s been on for decades.

Every election period, we see international observers flying into Africa to act like they care. Even after the elections, when the populace agitate against malpractices, what happens? What exactly are the roles of these so called international observers? This is the starting point of your colonial masters foisting their preferred candidate on you.

How many policies have been proposed by your ruling government that never passed through the corridors of your colonial masters? How many? How many barrels of oil do you ship to them quarterly? You think with this level of extortion, any leader would be accountable?

When Thomas Sankara challenged this idea and passionately resisted imperialism and colonialism, because he understood the depth of patriarchal oppression and its devastating impacts on the lives of Africans, no be kill dey kill am?

So we wey understand this should also challenge our leaders and hold them accountable, according to you and Roland17 and others on this issue? Make them kill us through the orders of their colonial masters why you enjoy your life abroad? When we challenged the killings of innocent civilians in this country by security forces, Shey no be shoot them shoot us, what was the response of the European governments who care so much about Africa?

Who pays the piper dictates the tone. What Africa needs is total revolutionary war to be free from the oppressive grip of their colonial masters and I’m happy some people don dey discharge bullets already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
izzou:

Do you intentionally like to forget what an argument was, or is this you being serious?

This was what you quoted with "Having a day in court"

So, how can we hold Ganduje accountable, when in the next 8 years, he won't be having that day in court?

Yes and how is my post not clear enough? You are the one that said Ganduje wont be having his day in court within 8yrs, I never said so neither did I say he will be tried in 8yrs or not. My post was simple, he will have his days in court, when that will be I don't know.

That's the reason why I gave the example of Diezani. That it took 8yrs before the UK will be charging her for bribery and corruption lend credence to my post.

Whether now, in 2yrs or in 10yra, having his day in court still means the same thing.

I really dont know what you are trying to twist.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

Yes and how is my post not clear enough? You are the one that said Ganduje wont be having his day in court within 8yrs, I never said so neither did I say he will be tried in 8yrs or not. My post was simple, he will have his days in court, when that will be I don't know.

That's the reason why I gave the example of Diezani. That it took 8yrs before the UK will be charging her for bribery and corruption lend credence to my post.

Whether now, in 2yrs or in 10yra, having his day in court still means the same thing.

I really dont know what you are trying to twist.

Chai!

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
Dis G-guy u make sense die
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
According to Google search, Ganduje is currently 73yrs old.
Lets assume apc does 8yrs, he will be 81.

His day in court una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazzet: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
Roland17:

I agree with everything you said up there except the embolden

Respectfully, abeg, address the embolden to the person it is intended for.

I am not a keeper for Dayo's thoughts/ positions neither am I an arbiter to your differences in position.

Well, by not pointing this flashing point in your convo with him, you're basically coopting his points so it indirectly applies to you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 6:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
Griffon:

😂

If truly the West install a criminal like Alhassane Ouattara on the people of Cote d'ivore then i will rather lean on them than stand for a Saint like Gbagbo who preaches anti west sentiments..........Read it again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Guy If you have eye issues then go get it treated

Maybe your hands shouldn't be typing faster than your brain process.

liveLongNprospa:

Dasuki was in detention for 4yrs with the dss which was illegally detained and his court case only just began again after 7yrs last year.
Again.. This logic is not for a Nigerian politician who is in bed with the current FG.

Read what I wrote again

That was your post. I wasn't the one that posted it for you.

I've practically showed you that Dasuki was charged to court in Dec 2015, that's him having his days in court. Nowhere in my post did I say he was jailed by the court.

Dasuki case has been running since 2015 and it didn't just start again last year like you claimed.

Here's another evidence:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/11/11/dasukigate-witness-tells-court-how-jonathans-ex-nsa-dasuki-hired-clerics-with-n2-2bn/%3famp=1

So please tell us Mr Prosper how Dasuki case only started after 7yrs last year.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
Francophone states forced 2 pay colonial tax for the benefits of colonisation..

And u say i shld not blame the West. tueh

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Larride you need to sleep for like 7 hours then come back and read what I wrote. E be like say eye dey turn you

The internet is free bro, try and use it as often. It's not for decoration on your phone, if you don't know how to use google, find someone who is literate enough to help you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
Suddenly having days in court is now determined by age. grin

Clowns.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
donjazzet:

Well, by not pointing this flashing point in your convo with him, you're basically coopting his points so it indirectly applies to you.

Once again, I am not Dayo's guardian nor his social media sitter. Dayo is not the reason I joined this forum or the reason I have chosen to remain on this forum/ thread.

I have said this before and I will say it again, me and Dayo agree on some things and disagree on a lot of things. I do not owe you any evidence of my position or arguments against Dayo in those instances and respectfully ask that you stop involving me in this irresponsible habit.

If you are obsessed with Dayo and his position, keep addressing it with him.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

Maybe your hands shouldn't be typing faster than your brain process.

That was your post. I wasn't the one that posted it for you.

I've practically showed you that Dasuki was charged to court in Dec 2015, that's him having his days in court. Nowhere in my post did I say he was jailed by the court.

Dasuki case has been running since 2015 and it didn't just start again last year like you claimed.

Here's another evidence:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/11/11/dasukigate-witness-tells-court-how-jonathans-ex-nsa-dasuki-hired-clerics-with-n2-2bn/%3famp=1

So please tell us Mr Prosper how Dasuki case only started after 7yrs last year.

You should check the meaning of the word "afresh" Mr birthday man

I have added an extra screenshot for you as a birthday gift young man

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/n23-3bn-fraud-dasukis-case-begins-afresh-after-seven-years/%3famp

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
Sigh.. English na really problem.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

You should check the meaning of the word "afresh" Mr birthday man

I have added an extra screenshot for you as a birthday gift young man

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/n23-3bn-fraud-dasukis-case-begins-afresh-after-seven-years/%3famp

When they say you should always read beyond headline, there's a reason why.

Even in the link you posted, it was clearly said that he was arraigned in court in Dec 2015.

Which practically means Dasuki is having his days in court just as I pointed out in my first post.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
Imagine having to explain what "Having his day in court" means to literate beings.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
Griffon:

Middle East were in charge of Islamic imperialism themselves. It would be blatant hypocrisy for you to say they were under imperial and colonial rule. The Arab conquerors acted in a typically imperialist fashion from the start, whilst Asia jettisoned the ideas of the West over a century ago. You can’t bring these continents to a debate about how much grip and influence the European governments had and still has on their African colonies.

By having their lapdogs at the helm of affairs in Africa, European “colonialists” keep contributing to the lack of development, political thuggery, and endemic violence whose roots lie mainly in tribal culture, and sectarian conflicts. It’s a proven fact.

Even after independence, France still forces 14 of its former colonies to pay colonial taxes for the ‘benefits of colonialization’. You can’t revolt against your master, best you can do is to steal your own and contribute to the decay.

Nobody knows much more than the other about the poor leadership in Africa, we were all born into it, and it’s been on for decades.

Every election period, we see international observers flying into Africa to act like they care. Even after the elections, when the populace agitate against malpractices, what happens? What exactly are the roles of these so called international observers? This is the starting point of your colonial masters foisting their preferred candidate on you.

How many policies have been proposed by your ruling government that never passed through the corridors of your colonial masters? How many? How many barrels of oil do you ship to them quarterly? You think with this level of extortion, any leader would be accountable?

When Thomas Sankara challenged this idea and passionately resisted imperialism and colonialism, because he understood the depth of patriarchal oppression and its devastating impacts on the lives of Africans, no be kill dey kill am?

So we wey understand this should also challenge our leaders and hold them accountable, according to you and Roland17 and others on this issue? Make them kill us through the orders of their colonial masters why you enjoy your life abroad? When we challenged the killings of innocent civilians in this country by security forces, Shey no be shoot them shoot us, what was the response of the European governments who care so much about Africa?

Who pays the piper dictates the tone. What Africa needs is total revolutionary war to be free from the oppressive grip of their colonial masters and I’m happy some people don dey discharge bullets already.

Baba, make una stop this thing na.

Let me start first by asking you, where is DJ Switch? A strong advocate against what happened in Lekki? Please tell me she is in China or Russia. If she is not, please tell me how she got to Canada and is still safe in Canada?

The US alongside other countries came out and publicly condemned what transpired in Lekki. What else did you want them to do? Invade Nigeria?

Didn't The United States government just place a visa ban on the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Olukayode Ariwoola, and six other members of the Supreme Court of Nigeria? Didn't they place visa bans on some politicians? How many current Nigerian politicians do you see travel to the US again, in comparison to before?

https://www.icirnigeria.org/us-condemns-lekki-shooting-of-protesters-calls-for-justice/

https://businessday.ng/news/article/us-condemns-lekki-killings-welcomes-immediate-investigation/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/422407-endsars-u-s-urges-investigation-into-lekki-shootings.html

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Roland17:

Baba, make una stop this thing na.

Let me start first by asking you, where is DJ Switch? A strong advocate against what happened in Lekki? Please tell me she is in China or Russian. If she is not, please tell me how she got to Canada and is still safe in Canada?

The US alongside other countries came out and publicly condemned what transpired in Lekki. What else did you want them to do? Invade Nigeria?

Didn't The United States government just place a visa ban on the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Olukayode Ariwoola, and six other members of the Supreme Court of Nigeria? Didn't they place visa bans on some politicians? How many current Nigerian politicians do you see travel to the US again, in comparison to before?

https://www.icirnigeria.org/us-condemns-lekki-shooting-of-protesters-calls-for-justice/

https://businessday.ng/news/article/us-condemns-lekki-killings-welcomes-immediate-investigation/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/422407-endsars-u-s-urges-investigation-into-lekki-shootings.html

Any evidence from a reputable news organization of the visa ban on the CJN

On other points, No need to hold the leaders you vote responsible, Hold the West that you didnt vote
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

grin grin grin

Donj na my guy. Na just light banter.

We are both proud Buharist. grin
😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
raumdeuter:

Any evidence from a reputable news organization of the visa ban on the CJN

On other points, No need to hold the leaders you vote responsible, Hold the West that you didnt vote

The first website did not explicitly reveal their names. The 2nd website details Justice Kekere Ekun's denial in relation to the first.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/statement-by-secretary-antony-j-blinken-imposing-visa-restrictions-on-individuals-involved-in-undermining-the-democratic-process-in-nigeria/

https://independent.ng/us-government-denies-visa-to-justice-kekere-ekun/

https://leadership.ng/justices-who-sat-on-imo-govship-election-petition-denied-us-visa-says-donald-duke/
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
larride:

When they say you should always read beyond headline, there's a reason why.

Even in the link you posted, it was clearly said that he was arraigned in court in Dec 2015.

Which practically means Dasuki is having his days in court just as I pointed out in my first post.

Oga you accused me of saying what I didn't say.
Lets start with that first.
How you interpreted what I said to mean Dasuki hasn't been to court since 2015 is funny. Not my fault your lack of understanding in English decided to expose itself in defence of your original watery point.

You really should take some time to rest coz I know you are stressed out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bluelines69: 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
Wike on Channels, this man is hilarious, publicly daring anybody to suspend him from PDP😂😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (3177) (3178) (3179) (3180) (3181) (3182) (3183) ... (5449) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: USAfall2024, a4turitoroman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.