Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,584 members, 7,878,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1620572 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (4936) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

Not me, my doc

I'm clothed with the cloak of righteousness

If you are cloaked in righteousness then rather than focusing on the belief systems of each member of the 20m Tinubu supporters and that of the 20m Obi supporters (none of whom is running for President) people should focus on the belief systems of the main protagonists who are the ones actually running for office. Any other thing is an agenda aimed at subtly maligning a whole tribe in order to besmirch the character of the candidate from that tribe.

What we know for a fact is that one candidate is married to someone from a different religion and included people from different states and tribes in his government while the other one had a government filled with people from the same state and religion and actually kicked people from other states out of his workforce.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

The banditry that caused the destruction of ranches, schools and veterinary clinics has not been nipped in the bud

But the government has released 6 Beeelliiooon naira to rebuild.

After rebuilding, the bandits will strike again.

Guess what the Government will do...... grin grin grin

My ear dey scratch me abeg

Make e no scratch u. Las las dem go market Naija 4 ebay.

if ASUU were a cattle union, dem 4 don settle dem. Cow above education
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:12am On Aug 30, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
FG don give katsina 6b for cattle ranching...
When FG wanted to establish ranches across the six geopolitical regions didn't leaders and public affairs commentators from the southern states shouted Fulanisation and Islamization agenda? Some even said that the govt should establish them in Northern states who are culturally predisposed to cattle-rearing. The government decided to take it to were where there wont be shouts of Fulanisation and Islamisation agenda

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Make e no scratch u. Las las dem go market Naija 4 ebay.

if ASUU were a cattle union, dem 4 don settle dem. Cow above education
I think during Yar'adua GEJ and OBJ ASUU also went on strikes for months and two out of the listed people came from academia, maybe they value cow above education too.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2022
Rinse , repeat

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Rinse , repeat
I remember the present Min. Of Education writing epistles on Daily Trust on how solve the ASUU problem and he was given the minister post based on the theories he propounded on the pages of Daily Trust, but he is in line to be the worst Education Minister Nigeria ever had despite the huge funds granted to the sector during his reign.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2022
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2022
afrodoc:

If you are cloaked in righteousness then rather than focusing on the belief systems of each member of the 20m Tinubu supporters and that of the 20m Obi supporters (none of whom is running for President) people should focus on the belief systems of the main protagonists who are the ones actually running for office. Any other thing is an agenda aimed at subtly maligning a whole tribe in order to besmirch the character of the candidate from that tribe.

What we know for a fact is that one candidate is married to someone from a different religion and included people from different states and tribes in his government while the other one had a government filled with people from the same state and religion and actually kicked people from other states out of his workforce.
The demography of Lagos cannot be compared to the demography of Anambra. How many Yoruba's have entrenched themselves in Anambra like Anambarians would do and do in Lagos?

People did not start migrating to Lagos when Tinubu became governor, it's an age-long thing, Lagos was a former capital and a port city. it's demography has always and will always be distinctly different from all other states. it's so different that Igbos have actually dominate certain parts of the state so much that they can now win state house of assembly seats.

Saying Tinubu appoints non Lagosians is not really as big a deal as you're trying to make it, especially since the Tinubu himself is not originally a Lagosian.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2022
So if FG is sharing 6.25B to a state to establish the private business of fulani herdsmen a.k.a cattle rearers...

Farmers who are into goat, chicken, pig & dog rearing will also ask for their share...when are they going to receive their share?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 10:08am On Aug 30, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
So if FG is sharing 6.25B to a state to establish the private business of fulani herdsmen a.k.a cattle rearers...

Farmers who are into goat, chicken, pig & dog rearing will also ask for their share...when are they going to receive their share?

Its like some of you guys woke up from slumber this year or dont have access to any information because that's the only reason you will be typing this here.

This administration has done a lot of agricultural schemes for farmers but then you cant wake up someone who is pretending to be asleep.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2022
afrodoc:

If you are saying we shouldn't focus on the belief system of the candidates, why would one candidate select his vice based on his belief system?

Tinubu has never set us same religion in the Lagos he built.
Buhari, with all the Fulani agenda hung on him, has never ran with a same religion ticket.

It's only online I see people act like it doesn't matter, when in reality, there's enough bile between both religions.

Obi is just cashing in on APC's loophole, and yes, they have given him enough room to explore.

While there are people here who put their tribe first, there are people who put their religion first. Some people no longer believe in tradition and its rites because of their Bible. Those people would definitely vote the Nsukka 3rd class graduate.

In the core North, you cannot buy a land and build a church. They usually allocate lands at the outskirts, and all churches would be there. Those Christians would definitely vote him, irrespective of whether he's a Northerner or not.

I no dey defend Obi achievements, my doc. Nothing concern me with am.

I'm just saying while APC thought Obi was a spoiler for Atiku, they gave him free space to cash in. He will definitely spoil votes for them too.

It's a no brainer

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:13am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

If you are saying we shouldn't focus on the belief system of the candidates, why would one candidate select his vice based on his belief system?

Tinubu has never set us same religion in the Lagos he built.
Buhari, with all the Fulani agenda hung on him, has never ran with a same religion ticket.

It's only online I see people act like it doesn't matter, when in reality, there's enough bile between both religions.

Obi is just cashing in on APC's loophole, and yes, they have given him enough room to explore.

While there are people here who put their tribe first, there are people who put their religion first. Some people no longer believe in tradition and its rites because of their Bible. Those people would definitely vote the Nsukka 3rd class graduate.

In the core North, you cannot buy a land and build a church. They usually allocate lands at the outskirts, and all churches would be there. Those Christians would definitely vote him, irrespective of whether he's a Northerner or not.

I no dey defend Obi achievements, my doc. Nothing concern me with am.

I'm just saying while APC thought Obi was a spoiler for Atiku, they gave him free space to cash in. He will definitely spoil votes for them too.

It's a no brainer

In the end, he would have lost either way. Tinubu measured his risk and picked what he thought would be the lesser of two evils.

Time will tell whether it is a decision that will pay off.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:18am On Aug 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:

In the end, he would have lost either way. Tinubu measured his risk and picked what he thought would be the lesser of two evils.

Time will tell whether it is a decision that will pay off.

I would be shocked if he wins. I still don't believe he will.

I just find it funny that suddenly, we believe the idea of competence would change people's mindset.

In this Nigeria where millions are illiterate?

There are millions that are illiterate
There are millions that are very tribalistic
There are millions that are very religious

Then you'll just convince them with competency?

Odiegwu

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

Patrickmuf..come collect your parcel from GIG logistics abeg.

I already stated the reason why I think Tinubu isn't the right choice and I did same for others. What sense does it make for me to to touch on every area when I have one very good reason?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:
I already stated the reason why I think Tinubu isn't the right choice and I did same for others. What sense does it make for me to to touch on every area when I have one very good reason?

This was what he was pointing out.

Obi is just too deceptive, he plays to the gallery and for me, that's a red flag...Another thing about him is his subtle attempt to divide the country along religious lines...

Is Obi really dividing the country along religious lines, when another candidate selected his partner from only one religion?

Obi no suppose get that sub..Na wetin that guy dey tell you

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

This was what he was pointing out.

Is Obi really dividing the country along religious lines, when another candidate selected his partner from only one religion?

Obi no suppose get that sub..Na wetin that guy dey tell you
What will you make of it if Atiku and Tinubu starts visiting Mosques across the country?

I am even more disappointed in religious houses that have become willing platforms for politicians...

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:
What will you make of it if Atiku and Tinubu starts visiting Mosques across the country?

I am even more disappointed in religious houses that have become willing platforms for politicians...

Are they not Muslims?

You did not even find any fault with the man that dammed all consequences and selected his vice from the same religion.

Or that one is not dividing the country, to you? grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2022
APC's economic philosophy here summarized.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2022
Theflint1:
APC's economic philosophy here summarized.

No vex, help me explain the aim of this tweet.

I never understand the message wey that guy wan pass
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:

Tinubu has been a Muslim all his life, but it wasn't until campaign season that he started uploading pictures of him praying in the mosque, and was the same person that before the primaries promised to respect the religious difference of the country by not going with a Muslim-muslim ticket if he won, only to go back on his word after the primaries.

It's Peter Obi that divided Nigeria across religious lines, he's the one that tells Muslims up North to kill Christians, and he's the one that his supporters when on a religious/political mass murder after he lost elections in 2011.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

The banditry that caused the destruction of ranches, schools and veterinary clinics has not been nipped in the bud

But the government has released 6 Beeelliiooon naira to rebuild.

After rebuilding, the bandits will strike again.

Guess what the Government will do...... grin grin grin

My ear dey scratch me abeg
Same government that released tours and thugs to take over end sars protest that led to killings and burning of brt buses
Guess what our president say ?
We should walk
But they can release such funds to these animals to destroy again
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

No vex, help me explain the aim of this tweet.

I never understand the message wey that guy wan pass
He's saying Nigeria should chase Shoprite and Spar way from Nigeria because they've collected business from Mama Chinedu and Mr Garba, and while at it, should chase MTN/Airtel out of the country so we're sent back to the good old days of Nitel.

Only a couple of posts back, I saw Amoto defending the government using state money to fund cattle business...governments should stay as far away from running businesses as possible, especially the Nigerian government.

We kid ourselves when we say Nigerian political parties don't have philosophies on certain aspects of the state.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2022
Those in Lagos please be very careful and vigilant
The way these northerners are trooping en masses is scary
They now relocate to where okada ban is not yet implemented
Before they start their usual madness of forcing Sharia down our throats
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

Are they not Muslims?

You did not even find any fault with the man that dammed all consequences and selected his vice from the same religion.

Or that one is not dividing the country, to you? grin
I don't have time for back and forth. I already stated that Tinubu's age is a No for me...Didn't you see my verdict on the 3 front runners? Why do you people feel I have to go ahead to highlight other flaws when I have already pointed out that his age is a limiting factor hence I am not supporting him?

If you want a robust comparison of the 3 men, Tinubu will come out tops but then, his age which comes with its attendant health challenges is his undoing...

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2022
President
@MBuhari
has given presidential assent to the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (Establishment) Act, 2022.

The new Act (regulating the education & practice of pharmacy in Nigeria) repeals the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria Act (Cap P17 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004).
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2022
A fighting patrol led by the GOC 1 Division, Maj Gen TA Lagbaja accompanied by a team of Operational commanders & operatives have cleared bandits in Buruku, Udawa, Manini, Birnin Gwari, Doka, Maganda, Kuyello & Dogon Dawa communities in Kaduna state on Monday 29 August 2022.
patrol team overpowered the bandits with superior fire power neutralizing, one of them, while three others were captured alive, as some of the criminal elements escaped with gunshot wounds. One AK 47 rifle, 27 rounds of 7.62 mm Special ammunition & 18 Motorcycles were recovered
Members of the public, particularly health facilities and paramedics are please urged to watch out for persons who may be seeking medical attention for gunshot wounds and please report to relevant security agencies. @HQNigerianArmy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:
I don't have time for back and forth. I already stated that Tinubu's age is a No for me...Didn't you see my verdict on the 3 front runners? Why do you people feel I have to go ahead to highlight other flaws when I have already pointed out that his age is a limiting factor hence I am not supporting him?

If you want a robust comparison of the 3 men, Tinubu will come out tops but then, his age which comes with its attendant health challenges is his undoing...

Feel ke?

It is what you typed.

You accused Obi of dividing the country with religion. But you didn't see any division when Tinubu appointed a Muslim as his vice. Still trying to understand you on that, but I'm sure God will give me the grace

That was the only point Mr Anfield tried to point out. That agenda should not fly for Obi at all. Obi, Atiku and Kwankwaso have actually United us religiously.

Nobody follow you argue achievements, sir. Na just that line make am call you out.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
izzou:

Feel ke?

It is what you typed.

You accused Obi of dividing the country with religion. But you didn't see any division when Tinubu appointed a Muslim as his vice. Still trying to understand you on that, but I'm sure God will give me the grace

That was the only point Mr Anfield tried to point out. That agenda should not fly for Obi at all. Obi, Atiku and Kwankwaso have actually United us religiously.

Nobody follow you argue achievements, sir. Na just that line make am call you out.
Maybe Tinubu supporters should have a go at me for not dragging Obi for his age too since it's tit for tat...

It like asking me to drag Tinubu for choosing a Muslim Vice when I have already told you his age disqualifies him from my perspective. Isn't it exercise in futility for me to go on and on talking about someone who isn't an option...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
patrickmuf:
Maybe Tinubu supporters should have a go at me for not dragging Obi for his age too since it's tit for tat...

It like asking me to drag Tinubu for choosing a Muslim Vice when I have already told you his age disqualifies him from my perspective. Isn't it exercise in futility for me to go on and on talking about someone who isn't an option...

One last question, my boss

Is Tinubu dividing us along religious lines by choosing a Muslim Vice?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Izzou, Donjazet, larride, Oasis007, Segedinho read through this

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChimarokeNamani/status/1564318052061270019
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Amoto94:

Izzou, Donjazet, larride, Oasis007, Segedinho read through this

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChimarokeNamani/status/1564318052061270019

My question for Chiboy is this?

If the Igbos support Atiku, and he loses out.

Tinubu rules for the next 8 years, probably stepping down in 2031.

Would PDP fields a Southerner when APC would be presenting the North?

We can't be thinking of long term, when there's a chance now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
larride:

Its like some of you guys woke up from slumber this year or dont have access to any information because that's the only reason you will be typing this here.

This administration has done a lot of agricultural schemes for farmers but then you cant wake up someone who is pretending to be asleep.

examples: like where fg delivered billions to individual states 4 private business?

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (4936) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.