Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,832 members, 7,948,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1850841 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) ... (5264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2023
popizaino:

Make sure you develop it in ijebu yoruba,ekiti yoruba,okun yoruba,akoko yoruba,ondo yoruba,owo yoruba,ijesha yoruba,ikale yoruba, okitipupa yoruba otherwise you are not practicing what you preach.

Haaaa

Yoruba dialect plenty like this?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kkins25(m): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2023
A001:

Lols, if the whole continent does the same and put all information in English as the unified language, you're back to colonial era again.

You can't have it in both ways. If you want Africa to go back to colonial rule, that's when you'll be calling for the use of English as the unified language for Africa.

Then also be ready to adopt Christianity as the official religion of Africa as well. I don't think you people understand the huge influence of a language on a people.

The way forward is for every tribe/ethnic group in Africa to adopt their native language as the primary mode of communication and English language or any other popular language as the secondary mode(s) of communication.

That doesn't create any division among the African people and ethnic groups.

That way, each ethnic group or nation can be sovereign/independent and still be able to interact with other Africans in the same continent or region.
How will this be achieved in a country like Nigeria? We already have english as standard. There's no need to invest in going back to pre-colonial era knowing fully well that we have racist tendencies towards one another. I don't think that's a good investment.

Take Ghana for example, the Twi language is more powerful because the Twi people have held power for long. Consequently, other tribes are under developed. With a Twi government, Activities of the Economy will be Twi-centered. That then defeats the whole purpose, unless you want each language to have its own government.

The most important thing to consider is the human factor.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2023
izzou:

Haaaa

You never see anything
Egun(ijaw) get yoruba
Ijebu yoruba is different
Okun(kogi) get yoruba
Ijesha na their own worst pass i no understand that kind yoruba
Even the yoruba language is divided and plenty
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 11:01am On Oct 13, 2023
Amoto94:

Just like starving over 3million hapless civilians to death right? It is good to say this when yours is not involved and I have even said same in the past but all is not fair in war and boundaries should be set
You were celebrating when Hamas invaded Israel and killed over 1200 innocent people including children and abducted several others. In fact they still have many people in their custody. You are no longer celebrating because the tides have turned against you. Isn't that hypocrisy?

When I say all is fair in war, I am only repeating what you said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2023
izzou:

Haaaa

Yes ooo plenty pass wetin i write down. The numbers of dialect in Akoko ondo alone no be here.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:04am On Oct 13, 2023
izzou:

Walk the talk, bro.

You cannot be bullying me for not encouraging STEM in my indigenous language, and you are telling me in English.

You are expecting anything reasonable from someone that does not know how simple language translation work.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 11:05am On Oct 13, 2023
Spy360:

You were celebrating when Hamas invaded Israel and killed over 1200 innocent people including children and abducted several others. In fact they still have many people in their custody. You are no longer celebrating because the tides have turned against you. Isn't that hypocrisy?

When I say all is fair in war, I am only repeating what you said.
You are a bloody liar
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2023
izzou:

Haaaa

Ijesha Yoruba hard.

While I was serving in Ebonyi, the LG I was is called Ohaozara LG. The town I was posted to was called Uburu (David Umahi home town), the town beside it is called Okposi. Uburu and Okposi in the same local govt speak different dialect of Igbo language.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:08am On Oct 13, 2023
popizaino:

Yes ooo plenty pass wetin i write down. The numbers of dialect in Akoko ondo alone no be here.

This is very true !

My former MD is from Ondo State ; Ilaje side. If he speaks his local dialect, u won't even understand anything at all.

A former colleague too is from Ondo; Akoko side.... Her own dialect too is totally different and my MD does not understand it.

Then we have another person who is from Ondo town, her own dialect too is different from those two aforementioned.

All 3 are from the same Ondo State. Owo dialect is still there o.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2023
larride:

Ijesha Yoruba hard.

While I was serving in Ebonyi, the LG I was is called Ohaozara LG. The town I was posted to was called Uburu (David Umahi home town), the town beside it is called Okposi. Uburu and Okposi in the same local govt speak different dialect of Igbo language.

Ijesha, Ekiti, Ìjẹ̀bú and Egba dialects are not really hard. I understand them perfectly well.

It's those Ondo dialects and Okun people of Kogi's I consider very very hard
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:12am On Oct 13, 2023
I wanted to learn Igbo when I was in Ebonyi, I was told their dialect is different from the mainstream igbo. They said I should go learn mainstream Igbo (whatever that means). Even Igbos that we were posted to Ebonyi struggle to understand those Ebonyi dialect.

People have no idea how multi lingual Nigeria is.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:13am On Oct 13, 2023
larride:

You are expecting anything reasonable from someone that does not know how simple language translation work.

I really avoid quoting him or trolling him because all he does is bully you with unprintable names.

I always tend to believe that people like that have hardly left their residence.

If you have travelled to different places in Nigeria (not Africa), you will be grateful for English, and wish everyone should know it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:15am On Oct 13, 2023
larride:
I wanted to learn Igbo when I was in Ebonyi, I was told their dialect is different from the mainstream igbo. They said I should go learn mainstream Igbo (whatever that means). Even Igbos that we were posted to Ebonyi struggle to understand those Ebonyi dialect.

People have no idea how multi lingual Nigeria is.

When I was in primary school and they used to say there are over 250 ethnic groups and over 500 a rive languages in Nigeria I used to think it's an exaggeration. Now I know it might even be an underestimation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is very true !

My former MD is from Ondo State ; Ilaje side. If he speaks his local dialect, u won't even understand anything at all.

A former colleague too is from Ondo; Akoko side.... Her own dialect too is totally different and my MD does not understand it.

Then we have another person who is from Ondo town, her own dialect too is different from those two aforementioned.

Lmao. The thing funny. Our learned man here has little to no idea how big Nigeria and its language are. People who decided to stick to a universal language as the official language knows what they are doing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Regex: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2023
LordAdam16:

😂

We dey separate issues sha.
I legit 1 knw wetin him think about the development.

-Lord

OK...😂 Oya na.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2023
larride:

Ijesha Yoruba hard.

When you go to Abia, you'll see another different one.

Imo sef dey. There are Igbo songs that are sung in some dialects in Imo, and all i do is nod my head. I no hear shi shi.

But na Igbo race too.

Na person wey never go another person papa farm, dey think say him papa own na the biggest.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 11:23am On Oct 13, 2023
Amoto94:

You are a bloody liar
You are a bloody coward like your Hamas brothers.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2023
Hamas should beg Israel so that this senseless killings should stop. By tomorrow Israeli ground troops will enter Gaza and that means more casualties. All the supporters of Hamas should use the next 24hours to ask Hamas to beg Israel because this is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2023
All i see here are bunch of dull Africans lamenting about languages grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2023
izzou:

When you go to Abia, you'll see another different one.

Imo sef dey. There are Igbo songs that are sung in some dialects in Imo, and all i do is nod my head. I no hear shi shi.

But na Igbo race too.

Na person wey never go another person papa farm, dey think say him papa own na the biggest.
There are more similarities between Ikwerre and Owerri than Enugu and Owerri.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:
All i see here are bunch of dull Africans lamenting about languages grin grin grin
A001jnr tongue
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Ijesha, Ekiti, Ìjẹ̀bú and Egba dialects are not really hard. I understand them perfectly well.

It's those Ondo dialects and Okun people of Kogi's I consider very very hard
Okun is easy almost like normal yoruba
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 11:29am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is very true !

During one of my sojourn in Akoko Ondo in 2015. I was surprised when i spoke one of the words i learnt from there to my friend who happens to come from there and he told me he doesn't understand and that's the language of the next village not his own village.

The one with licence to cap doesn't know what he is saying as usual by telling us nonsense about developing our indigenous language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2023
Spy360:
Hamas should beg Israel so that this senseless killings should stop. By tomorrow Israeli ground troops will enter Gaza and that means more casualties. All the supporters of Hamas should use the next 24hours to ask Hamas to beg Israel because this is just the beginning.

Hamas said Gazans should not leave. I hope they won't listen to them but it is impossible to evacuate more than 1 million persons in 24 hours.

I don't like the killings that are going on. Israel should please apply restraints and adhere to the Geneva Conventions in times of war. Civilians should be protected.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Okun is easy almost like normal yoruba

Ah, maybe okun is different from okun o.

We get one family friend that year, the man and woman have a large number of their nieces and nephews who come from village and stay with them from time to time. When those people start talking in their dialect u will struggle to make sense out of it in Yoruba.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:36am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

We get one family friend that year, the man and woman have a large number of their nieces and nephews who come from village and stay with them from time to time. When those people start talking in their dialect u will struggle to make sense out of it in Yoruba.

okun from kogi na that greet with okun
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:40am On Oct 13, 2023
Burkina Faso & Russia are on Friday(today) due to sign a memorandum of understanding MoU for the construction of a nuclear power plant in Burkina Faso.
The agreement will be a culmination of talks the Burkinabe military ruler, Captain Ibrahim Traore, had with Russia president Vladimir Putin in July during the Russia~Africa Summit in Moscow.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:40am On Oct 13, 2023
"The MoU will be signed between Rosatom, the Russian federal atomic energy agency, & the Burkinabe ministry of energy, on the sidelines of Russian Energy Week 2023".

Burkina Faso is one of the least electrified countries globally, with only about 20% of the population having access to electricity according to International Energy Atomic Agency.

I still dey rejoice abt d goodnews in Nasarawa thanks 2 China...and another DOINGS don dey sup in Burkina faso.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2023
monerozi5590:

Hamas said Gazans should not leave. I hope they won't listen to them but it is impossible to evacuate more than 1 million person in 24 hours.

I don't like the killings that are going on. Israel should please apply restraints and adhere to the Geneva Conventions in times of war. Civilians should be protected.
Even if you give them a 24k hours, the foolish ones will still drag their feet. It's even better for them to move in a large drove this will ensure they are easily identifiable through satellite.

I hate war but I also hate terrorists.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2023
BlueRayDick:

It's the same way Ijesha is easy for you and hard for me. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 11:46am On Oct 13, 2023
Spy360:
I wonder how person go find trouble and want pity almost immediately.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:52am On Oct 13, 2023
larride:

It's the same way Ijesha is easy for you and hard for me. cheesy
Ijesha hard oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) ... (5264) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: KingTom(m), liveLongNprospa(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.