Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,859 members, 7,895,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1679857 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (5008) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
Jakande did well in his time and you can't take that away from him, but you can't compare the problems he tackled to the ones Tinubu faced.

Tinubu has used the state machinery to (allegedly) enrich himself and his associates but in the same vein his vision has created opportunities and avenues for people to make money so much so people keep rushing to Lagos for the proverbial golden fleece.

Through his vision of a Lekki free trade zone a port is now there, Dangote fertilizer and oil refinery is now there. Ocean surge that was threatening to sink the whole of VI is now prime estate in Eko Atlantic. Molues that dominated Lagos traffic replaced by BRT, rebuilt and modernized Lagos courts.

Like Ferguson and Manchester United team of the 1990s to 2010s you can hate and despise them but it will be the height of dishonesty not to acknowledge they were a great team. Like Tinubu I'm not a fan of the man or his politics but he has achieved many noteworthy things in his time with next to no federal support from Obasanjo that's fact. Some would claim it's because Lagos was capital as if other states don't have ports or federal assets of their own.

Herein lies the problem . Jakande solved a lot of problems without creating others in the process .

He solved a major issue in Lagos ( Housing ) . Jakande estates are scattered all over Lagos and indeed low income earners were the major beneficiaries . It’s not the houses being built nowdays already being pre-ordered by senior civil servants/ politicians and their associates . I know at least 4 elderly relatives who were beneficiaries of those Jakande flats .

Jakande could’ve decided to enrich himself like the other 18 governors who ruled during that time in other parts of the country , but he chose to work and allow his works speak even years after his demise . That’s a man of the people right there !

Tinubu had his good side no doubt , but he’s not the messiah of Lagos most of his fans/supporters portray him to be .

On a lighter note, going out this morning seeing blocked drainages causing floods here and there makes me wonder what exactly is Joe Igbokwe’s job. Is that man clearing drainages on the pages of Facebook or what ? grin

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
Jakande did well in his time and you can't take that away from him, but you can't compare the problems he tackled to the ones Tinubu faced.

Tinubu has used the state machinery to (allegedly) enrich himself and his associates but in the same vein his vision has created opportunities and avenues for people to make money so much so people keep rushing to Lagos for the proverbial golden fleece.

Through his vision of a Lekki free trade zone a port is now there, Dangote fertilizer and oil refinery is now there. Ocean surge that was threatening to sink the whole of VI is now prime estate in Eko Atlantic. Molues that dominated Lagos traffic replaced by BRT, rebuilt and modernized Lagos courts.

Like Ferguson and Manchester United team of the 1990s to 2010s you can hate and despise them but it will be the height of dishonesty not to acknowledge they were a great team. Like Tinubu I'm not a fan of the man or his politics but he has achieved many noteworthy things in his time with next to no federal support from Obasanjo that's fact. Some would claim it's because Lagos was capital as if other states don't have ports or federal assets of their own.

If you stayed in that axis and had to spend 6 hours on your daily commute you will not be saying this. Which kin yeye vision. Anyway I hope people staying in that neighborhood have taken past questions from Apapa residents. Abandoned Lagos/Badagry axis and focused on only one part of town.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Herein lies the problem . Jakande solved a lot of problems without creating others in the process .

He solved a major issue in Lagos ( Housing ) . Jakande estates are scattered all over Lagos and indeed low income earners were the major beneficiaries . It’s not the houses being built nowdays already being pre-ordered by senior civil servants/ politicians and their associates . I know at least 4 elderly relatives who were beneficiaries of those Jakande flats .

Jakande could’ve decided to enrich himself like the other 18 governors who ruled during that time in other parts of the country , but he chose to work and allow his works speak even years after his demise . That’s a man of the people right there !

Tinubu had his good side no doubt , but he’s not the messiah of Lagos most of his fans/supporters portray him to be .

On a lighter note, going out this morning seeing blocked drainages causing floods here and there makes me wonder what exactly is Joe Igbokwe’s job. Is that man clearing drainages on the pages of Facebook or what ? grin
Agbadomen are including Eko Atlantic as part of Tinubu's 'legacy' a portion of real estate less than 0.001% of the populace can afford. That's how irresponsible they are

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:

If Tinubu is Lagos’ foremost governor , I wonder what we would call Lateef Jakande. That man within 4 years of rule established Lagos state university , built low cost housing estates in Badagry , Iponri , Oke-Afa, Iba , Abesan, Surulere , Epe, Aumwo-Odofin etc, he built general hospitals in Ikorodu , Gabgada and even built health centres scattered around the state . The baba even made free education a must and built more schools and classrooms during that same 4 years . The number of public primary schools increased from 605 to 812

I think how Lateef Jakande performed these feats that now appear like miracle miracle today needs to be studied as a course for our present day politicians .

Tinubu built 5 general hospital and 49 Primary health centers during his tenure and renovated 19 General hospitals that were in bad shape before he became Governor.

He also rebuilt the Lagos Island Maternity Hospital that was abandoned in the 1980s when a section of it caught fire. That same HOSPITAL is now one of the best maternity hospital in the country.

Tinubu also upgraded Ikeja General Hospital to a teaching hospital and established the college of medicine.

At LASUTH, Tinubu built the following:

- Eye Institite
- New A/E complex
- 4 story building pediatrics and family medicine complex
- BT ward
- Sports complex
- Histoppathology Laboratory
- Established LASEMBUS (Ambulance Service)
- 12 public blood banks

He also constructed:

- Renal Dialysis ward at Gbagada hospital annex
- Dental Clinic at Surulere General hospital
- Doctors quarters at Isolo and Agbowa
- Theatre complex at Orile Agege

There are several other health policies also like

- Blindess prevention programme (Jigi Bola)
- Free health scheme was improved upon (Free treatment for children aged 12 and below and free treatment for adults aged 60 and above)
- Roll back malaria programme

Etc

This is just health sector alone, if you want we can do sector by sector. I'm game if you are game.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2022
A40:
What is your argument Agbadoman. What did your arugbo ojo do for Lagos? Beside run it like a Mob/mafia family. Let's hear it.

Na kuku una dey claim say Tinubu turn Lagos to Megacity. Eyin egbe oniro

Shut up your mouth if you cannot present your argument like someone that's sane.

Tinubu did not do anything in Lagos, its Jakande that did everything in Lagos.

Radarada.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
larride:

Tinubu built 5 general hospital and 49 Primary health centers during his tenure and renovated 19 General hospitals that were in bad shape before he became Governor.

He also rebuilt the Lagos Island Maternity Hospital that was abandoned in the 1980s when a section of it caught fire. That same HOSPITAL is now one of the best maternity hospital in the country.

Tinubu also upgraded Ikeja General Hospital to a teaching hospital and established the college of medicine.

- Eye Institite
- New A/E complex
- BT ward
- Sports complex
- 12 public blood banks

He also constructed:

- Free health scheme was improved upon (Free treatment for children aged 12 and below and free treatment for adults aged 60 and above)

Etc

This is just health sector alone, if you want we can do sector by sector. I'm game if you are game.

Fantabulous! This is shocking.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
A40:
Agbadomen are including Eko Atlantic as part of Tinubu's 'legacy' a portion of real estate less than 0.001% of the populace can afford. That's how irresponsible they are

Only a visionless man will say this outside without shame.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2022
afrodoc2:

Fantabulous! This is shocking.

I am here for them. That Tinubu did nothing in Lagos must be killed totally in its entirety.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
larride:

I am here for them. That Tinubu did nothing in Lagos must be killed totally in its entirety.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Tinubu also built housing estate across the state didn't he?

Some of the housing estate built by Tinubu include the Abraham Adesanya Estate, Ajah, Ibeshe Low Income Scheme, Oba Adeyinka Oyekan 2 Estate, Lekki, Oba Ayangburen Phase 2, Ikorodu, Gbagada Medium Scheme 1, Amuwo Odofin Medium Scheme, Abraham Adesanya Phase 2, Ojokoro Millennium Scheme e.t.c

Infact before Tinubu, housing was under the department of lands and development. It was Tinubu that created the ministry of housing to cater for the growing population of the state.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2022
larride:

Shut up your mouth if you cannot present your argument like someone that's sane.

Tinubu did not do anything in Lagos, its Jakande that did everything in Lagos.

Radarada.
You shut up your mouth. You useless political jobber. I don't remember jumping into your mentions. It's nobody's fault that your candidate is so unpopular you have to resort to agbero tactics everytime we highlight his inconsequential achievements.

Foolish political knobjockey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
Any sector you want, bring it let's check out whether Tinubu did anything or not in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
larride:

Only a visionless man will say this outside without shame.
You're a clown. Tell me how many Lagosians can afford an apartment at Eko Atlantic. Eranko ibiye
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
larride:

- Eye Institite
- New A/E complex
- BT ward
- Sports complex
- 12 public blood banks

He also constructed:

Etc

The point is Jakande’s “to-do “ ability is key in everything he achieved . I mean this man achieved everything we reference today within 4 years . Like that’s crazy!

I can only imagine the much deafening noise that will greet our ears if all these were done by Tinubu within the same time frame and with more money available to spend .

Only God knows what Jakande would’ve done in 8 years .

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
A40:
You shut up your mouth. You useless political jobber. I don't remember jumping into your mentions. It's nobody's fault that your candidate is so unpopular you have to resort to agbero tactics everytime we highlight his inconsequential achievements.

Foolish political knobjockey

Is that all you have to say?

You are known in this section as a good for nothing idiot that only know how to insult without adding anything of value to any discourse.

I can stand anywhere and list Tinubu achievement without fear but we cant say the same about the candidate you support whoever the unfortunate person might be.

From the Chelsea thread to every corner of this board, you are known as a useless idiot who goes about looking for who to insult so as to feel good about his non existent life.

If you want to argue like someone that's sane, I'm here for you and if you want to show your unfortunate side, I'm equally here to send you back to the island of irrelevancy that you belong.

We are not on the same level, so skrep back to your unwanted bin.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:

The point is Jakande’s “to-do “ ability is key in everything he achieved . I mean this man achieved everything we reference today within 4 years . Like that’s crazy!

I can only imagine the much deafening noise that will greet our ears if all these were done by Tinubu within the same time frame and with more money available to spend .

So you have shifted away that Tinubu did not do anything in Lagos? That's a good start.

Only God knows how much more Tinubu administration could've achieved if Obasanjo govt didn't withheld LGA funds for 4yrs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2022
First, he achieved nothing. After gradually getting embarrassed by what he did, then we moved to inconsequential achievements.

Make una dey stay one lane.

If you have any other candidate with more achievements or better than tinubu, the right thing to do is to present his track record so we can compare?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
larride:

So you have shifted away that Tinubu did not do anything in Lagos? That's a good start.

Only God knows how much more Tinubu administration could've achieved if Obasanjo govt didn't withheld LGA funds for 4yrs.

The problem I have with u and actually dislike engaging u is that u only see what u want to see and boom! U go into ur APC defensive mode.

The person I engaged initially obviously got my point ; he saw where I mentioned the 4 years time frame, but typical u have a whole lot running through ur mind and already projecting same on me instantly…. Smh

Goodluck to u on this one; I no get that kind energy today .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:41pm On Sep 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:

The problem I have with u and actually dislike engaging u is that u only see what u want to see and boom! U go into ur APC defensive mode.

The person I engaged initially obviously got my point ; he saw where I mentioned the 4 years time frame, but typical u have a whole lot running through ur mind and already projecting same on me instantly…. Smh

Goodluck to u on this one; I no get that kind energy today .

I am not seeing any side I want to see, your post that I responded to was very clear to understand.

What I clearly did was highlight some of Tinubu achievement in the health sector alone and said if you want us to go sector to sector on his achievement in the state, I'm ready for it.

It's not the first time you will be saying all Tinubu did in Lagos was increase the state IGR and then nothing. It's a lie that I will continue to debunk.

Nobody will rewrite the history of Tinubu tenure in Lagos because you dont like the man. It's not going to work.

Whenever you have the time, let's do a comprehensive comparison of Tinubu achievements in Lagos state.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:

If Jakande also had an OBJ as president who will withhold his LGA allocation

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2022
larride:

Is that all you have to say?

You are known in this section as a good for nothing idiot that only know how to insult without adding anything of value to any discourse.

I can stand anywhere and list Tinubu achievement without fear but we cant say the same about the candidate you support whoever the unfortunate person might be.

From the Chelsea thread to every corner of this board, you are known as a useless idiot who goes about looking for who to insult so as to feel good about his non existent life.

If you want to argue like someone that's sane, I'm here for you and if you want to show your unfortunate side, I'm equally here to send you back to the island of irrelevancy that you belong.

We are not on the same level, so skrep back to your unwanted bin.
Shut up your mouth you uncircumsised Philistine. You're a known political jobber notorious for carrying files and hired for political thuggery and ballot box snatching

There's no facet of life you can hold any form of intellectual discourse with me. I say it with all sense of modesty, you're not in my tax bracket. You were not blessed with enough intelligence for that. Stick to your political thuggery. That's your forte

https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/bola-ahmed-tinubu-from-drug-lord

This is your principal been outed as a fraud and in sane climes he would have been forced to drop out of the race.

Once can only see how Lagos is being run and it's so easy to draw parallels with the Italian Mob

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
raumdeuter:

If Jakande also had an OBJ as president who will withhold his LGA allocation

We’ve gone over this before na .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2022
As per housing what was the population of Lagos then? Plus Jakande had the luxury of not having every man and his dog coming to Lagos almost every second. Plus the value of the Naira then was at per with the Dollar so Jakande had plenty to work with. In education that Jakande did fairly well in he built many basic cement block class rooms which were not ideal but ok for the time.

Jakande's problems to solve were more definitely different in shape and size to the ones Tinubu faced. Like someone said Jakande was working with a brand new car Tinubu on the other hand had to manage a broken down jalopy that wasn't far from knocking.

Jakande's generation of politicians were still relatively honest for sure.

BlueRayDick:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2022
A40:
Shut up your mouth you uncircumsised Philistine. You're a known political jobber notorious for carrying files and hired for political thuggery and ballot box snatching

There's no facet of life you can hold any form of intellectual discourse with me. I say it with all sense of modesty, you're not in my tax bracket. You were not blessed with enough intelligence for that. Stick to your political thuggery. That's your forte

https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/bola-ahmed-tinubu-from-drug-lord

This is your principal been outed as a fraud and in sane climes he would have been forced to drop out of the race.

Once can only see how Lagos is being run and it's so easy to draw parallels with the Italian Mob

This is what you will resort to after I hold your balls? grin

I thought you have something meaningful to back up your "Tinubu is a 419 Governor that did nothing in Lagos" statement.

Since you have nothing note while to say, you can slide back to the island of irrelevancy where you pitifully belong.

NEXT.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2022
Bros you dey vex grin

Anyway people are rushing there for a reason and that brings with it attendant increase in population and traffic.

A40:

If you stayed in that axis and had to spend 6 hours on your daily commute you will not be saying this. Which kin yeye vision. Anyway I hope people staying in that neighborhood have taken past questions from Apapa residents. Abandoned Lagos/Badagry axis and focused on only one part of town.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
donjazet:

Guy, I'm sure that if these our south western batists here open this thread, they will have heart attack. Obi Yoruba supporters really mean this election. grin grin see comments abeg. grin

https://twitter.com/BOGbadams/status/1569274497626169344?s=19
Hehehehe...na those Northern inroads remain, and I'm glad they didn't carry the election on their head like before. Online polls are not everything, but it's something.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
As per housing what was the population of Lagos then? Plus Jakande had the luxury of not having every man and his dog coming to Lagos almost every second. Plus the value of the Naira then was at per with the Dollar so Jakande had plenty to work with. In education that Jakande did fairly well in he built many basic cement block class rooms which were not ideal but ok for the time.

Jakande's problems to solve were more definitely different in shape and size to the ones Tinubu faced. Like someone said Jakande was working with a brand new car Tinubu on the other hand had to manage a broken down jalopy that wasn't far from knocking.

Jakande's generation of politicians were still relatively honest for sure.

I was born and raised in Ojodu Berger. Tinubu built Babs Fafunwa Millennium School in Ojodu, built a one story building classroom block in Omole Grammar School that I attended.

On the day he commissioned Omole Grammar School new classroom building, I remember how all the student went to welcome him from Omole estate gate to the school.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
Bros you dey vex grin

Anyway people are rushing there for a reason and that brings with it attendant increase in population and traffic.

You are wasting your time with someone that has sworn against development.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Oshey

In other news baddyosha just denied been arrested grin grin

No mind am ; na because na Dubai police carry am na why he still dey get mouth to deny . If to say him matter cast like Hushpuppi with FBI; He for no get anywhere to hide .

Funny enough, it was people based in Dubai that first called their friends in Nigeria about his arrest
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
Bros you dey vex grin

Of course people will rush anywhere out of desperation, what we are talking about is the Quality of life and living not just why they are rushing. A poorly planned corridor without any efficient transportation system. You can see the calamity happening on a daily already. Add the port and you know what happens next

Apapa is now a ghost town. If you had to conduct business on a daily in that axis you will definitely be dealing with HBP from the stress of making that commute

This is where Lekki Epe is headed

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2022
BlueRayDick:

No mind am ; na because na Dubai police carry am na why he still dey get mouth to deny . If to say him matter cast like Hushpuppi with FBI; He for no get anywhere to hide .

Funny enough, it was people based in Dubai that first called their friends in Nigeria about his arrest
I saw the pictures na
Interpol go soon reason him matter
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
Bring out your candidate achievements. Let's compare and contrast.

Dont be scared Obidients and Atikulators.

Show us your candidate capacity. grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (5008) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: MrJaay(m), ouzo1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.