Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1824784 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3718) (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) ... (5222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

lol. Which NLC ?

Is it only Ajaero that makes up the NLC ? Ajaero clearly has his own personal interest in the politics of his home state, he should find ways to settle his differences with the politicians in that state; he shouldn't drag the other 35 states and FCT workers with him while they are resolving their differences.

Should someone on a normal day be beaten up by powers that be?
Abi is it because the NLC has the power to treat the politicians fvck up?

I'm not sure you are seeing the mental damage being done here

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:
If Ajaero had gone for his mother's burial, and then got beaten by thugs, would the Strike then make sense to you?

If he was beaten while buying corn, would you join a strike if he called fir it, since we now need a reason to know why anybody should be beaten up.

Fvk NLC, but why should anybody think it is okay to physically assault an NLC Chairman, for whatever reason it is?

If you are on personal mission and get beaten as a result by thugs then it will never make sense to call for a strike

If you are on official mission and get beaten then you have a reason to call for it

Do you expect a Labor leader who goes to fight over land and gets beaten by omonile to now grind the country to a halt to protest his beaten while acting in personal capacity?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ellexy:
So NLC should just keep quiet and accept the beating and disgrace dished to them by the APC led government?

He went on a personal mission and got beaten. So if Ajaero go toast person wife and the babe husband slap am, next thing na NLC strike nationwide ?

APC led govt didn't beat him, thugs did. The moment you depart from official duties to pursue personal agenda then you are no longer protected under official cover

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
That we accept certain absurdities doesn't mean they are right.

If Onanuga were not suffering from selective amnesia, he ought to have known that this government should remain grateful to the organised labour for its uncommon patience with a government that clearly was not prepared for the consequences of its fundamentalist market policies of massive currency devaluation and ‘subsidy’ removal which imposed on Nigerians social violence, upheaval, dislocation, displacement or punishment they never before experienced.

Onanuga, similarly ought to have known that organised labour, by not opting for a strike as a first option, acted as a bulwark against the rage of Nigerians thereby saving this government from itself.

Organised labour is not unaware of the misdirected anger of Nigerians for not going for the jugular of this government for justifiable reasons: inflation moved from 19% to 29%; exchange rate from N400 to N1,300; and pump price of pms from N187 to N700, in the first five months of this government!

In light of this, who is punishing “a whole country of over 200 million people”, NLC/TUC or Government of Bola Tinubu?

Similarly, this strike is not “over a personal matter involving the NLC President, Mr Joe Ajaero, whose error of judgment led to the assault on him in Owerri while he was planning to incite the workers in Imo State into a needless strike”, as casually and callously alleged by Bayo Onanuga.

However, herein lies the kernel of the matter. Mr Ajaero is General Secretary of NUEE and neither he nor any of the members of his union in or outside Imo State is owed a salary/pension payment arrears. However, in his capacity as President of the Nigeria Labour Congress he has an oversight over all the unions affiliated to the Congress including the civil servants and pensioners (core/non-core civil servants, teachers, local government workers, pensioners etc) who have been owed in varying degrees of arrears. There have been pending cases of improper implementation of national minimum wage, declaration of thousands of workers as ghost workers, and non-implementagion of agreement reached with the sate government since 2021. Some of this went to court and the state government asked for time out of court for settlement but did not honour its own voluntary agreement as usual. The state government in a written statement did admit it was too busy working to honour its own voluntary agreement. A previous strike action was suspended on the appeal of elder statesmen and women and an appeal by state government. After this, Congress made every humanly possible effort to have the issues peacefully resolved, all to no avail. Congress was left with no option than to resume a strike action in the state with notice. Congress had been to a couple of other sates that did not even commit the sins of Imo State Government.

Coupled with the above, fresh demands were made following the abduction, and gruesome assault and battery òf Comrade Joe Ajaero (by the Police) out of which none has been met fully.

How then could this be a personal matter to Joe Ajaero? Before he became Congress President, he never bothered himself with the affairs of Imo State or any state for that matter except it was the decision of Congress organs.

It is in light of this we would want the world to know that Onanuga’ s sadistic comment is a Freudian slip as this is the way his principals view the Imo State tripple-digit tragedy: the non-payment of workers/pensioners benefits; the choking/stifling environment that leaves workers and citizens gasping for air; the license for impunity that covers murder and attempted murder of dissenting voices including Comrade Joe Ajaero which the Nigerian State now passes off as a “personal matter”. When we first heard through the grape vine that glasses were clinked and pleasantries earthily exchanged by the powers that be following the arrest and torture of Comrade Joe Ajaero, we thought it was one of those rumours but with this confirmation from Bayo Onanuga, we now know better!

But we would want Nigerians not to succumb to the “private matter” narrative as we would wish to remind them of the famous poem, “When They Came for the Jews” ( When they came for the Jews, I said I was not a Jew; When they came for the Teachers, I said I was not a teacher….By the time they came for me there was no one left to shout…).

The arrest and “protective custody” of Comrade Joe Ajaero by the Nigeria Police Force which led to multiple injuries to his person and psychology, is a state-sponsored act of terror not just against an individual but all of us freedom-loving Nigerians. This government is testing the waters, and what a better target than a high-profile Labour leader. If it gets away with it then who amongst us is safe?

Take heed and open your eyes and note that this systematic assault on the citizenry is being co-ordinated by a tiny clique within the government on all fronts: economic, political and social. It is total violence!

We consider it an insult to our collective intellect and sensibility when Bayo Onanuga averrs that “the Federal Government does not condone any form of violence and assault on any citizen…[and] that the Inspector General has ordered investigation into what happened to Mr. Ajaero…”.

So the police will now be the Judge, Jury and Jailer in their own case? What a country we run! Secondly, what per chance, will the police be investigating, when the government by the admission of Onanuga has already found Ajaero guilty, arrested him, convicted him, punished him through torture for “planning to incite the workers in Imo State into a needless strike”.

We concerned Nigerians are not interested in a charade. We demand an honest and thorough investigation by competent and independent professionals (with free and unfettered access to information, people and materials) from within and outside the country. Comrade Joe Ajaero holds offices on the international circuit.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Should someone on a normal day be beaten up by powers that be?
Abi is it because the NLC has the power to treat the politicians fvck up?

I'm not sure you are seeing the mental damage being done here

Oga I never said anybody should be beaten whether politician, NLC chairman or ordinary citizen.

I've always maintained it here that NIGERIA IS A JUNGLE. We've seen government sponsoring thugs to disrupt peaceful protest, we've seen government covering up the death of peaceful protesters killed by security agents, we've seen a whole lot of absurdities happen in this country.

I don't need to support APC to know Ajaero played politics with the Imo workers situation. Anybody with half a brain knows Hope Uzodinma will do anything possible both legal and illegal to stop any protest that will affect the outcome of the election and that was what he did. U don't even need to be an Einstein to know that November 1st protest was going to end the way it did.

U are talking of mental damage being done, mental damage don happen tey tey for this country bro

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2023
Larride.
This is 8yrs and 5 months into your party's leadership, what is the plan to address inflation?
I'm sure you have seen the figures released by the nbs (hoping it's even accurate)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Oga I never said anybody should be beaten whether politician, NLC chairman or ordinary citizen.

I've always maintained it here that NIGERIA IS A JUNGLE. We've seen government sponsoring thugs to disrupt peaceful protest, we've seen government covering up the death of peaceful protesters killed by security agents, we've seen a whole lot of absurdities happen in this country.

I don't need to support APC to know Ajaero played politics with the Imo workers situation. Anybody with half a brain knows Hope Uzodinma will do anything possible both legal and illegal to stop any protest that will affect the outcome of the election and that was what he did. U don't even need to be an Einstein to know that November 1st protest was going to end the way it did.

U are talking of mental damage being done, mental damage don happen tey tey for this country bro

So again if the NLC is challenging the madness meted out on a civilian who is not even it's member, would you blame the person for being a politician?
Talkless the leader of the NLC who evidence has shown that he was there on official visit.

Abi if FG knows they are right, why ribadu dey beg NLC saying they've arrested the culprits.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2023
raumdeuter:

If you are on personal mission and get beaten as a result by thugs then it will never make sense to call for a strike

If you are on official mission and get beaten then you have a reason to call for it

Do you expect a Labor leader who goes to fight over land and gets beaten by omonile to now grind the country to a halt to protest his beaten while acting in personal capacity?

So if Ajaero was walking on the road, and APC thugs beat him up, would this be enough reason to call a strike?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2023
This same NLC adopted Obi as its candidate in February.

Was Ajaero political then, or......should i change the agenda?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:
This same NLC adopted Obi as its candidate in February.

Was Ajaero political then, or......should i change the agenda?
Please go on😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

So again if the NLC is challenging the madness meted out on a civilian who is not even it's member, would you blame the person for being a politician?
Talkless the leader of the NLC who evidence has shown that he was there on official visit.

Abi if FG knows they are right, why ribadu dey beg NLC saying they've arrested the culprits.

At this point, It appears I'm not following u; me and u no dey talk the same thing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Politics 😁.

This country Don Bleep with us

I think so.

It is not like Ajaero was caught bribing or smuggling in ballot papers. Does he not have the right to support anybody he wants? Abi constitution no allow NLC chairman to vote?

How come nobody crucified him when he was holding Obi's hand in February? Abi that one no be politics?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2023
😂😂😂😂😂

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Bluelines69:

Suspend holding our leaders accountable for now please grin

grin cheesy cheesy

I'll try
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
BlueRayDick:

At this point, It appears I'm not following u; me and u no dey talk the same thing.

You are the one that's going off point Bros.
Since una dey blame Ajaero for this protest as if e nor suppose happen because Ajaero was reportedly there on political business (which evidence nor dey)
So I'm trying to show you how even if it's an ordinary civilian that's making NLC react this way, it's worth it.
Talk less of someone that is their leader.
Sho get?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

I think so.

It is not like Ajaero was caught bribing or smuggling in ballot papers. Does he not have the right to support anybody he wants? Abi constitution no allow NLC chairman to vote?

How come nobody crucified him when he was holding Obi's hand in February? Abi that one no be politics?

Lmao.. This na angle 90.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

So if Ajaero was walking on the road, and APC thugs beat him up, would this be enough reason to call a strike?

Is there anyone called APC thugs? If he was beaten by thugs while doing his personal matter he should go report to police.

Abi if dem beat you, you shut down your business?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

I think so.

In an official capacity where he is specially protected he is expected to be neutral politically
In his personal capacity where he enjoys no special protection He is free to support anyone

If you chop breakfast from your personal life and want to use your official life to get even is not right

Same way if he played naijabet in his private life and wins 1bllion he wont transfer to official account

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2023
raumdeuter:

Is there anyone called APC thugs? If he was beaten by thugs while doing his personal matter he should go report to police.

Abi if dem beat you, you shut down your business?

You have been stuck with the political story since. You shouldn't change it now.

Ajaero and Uzodinma are the key actors here.

If Ajaero was smoking Shisha at Cubana, and Uzodinma sent his boys to beat him up, would this be enough reason for a strike?

I really need to understand the particular reason(s) where you guys will agree that a physically assaulted NLC President should call for a strike.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ellexy:
Hope say you happy for the strike as well...🌚

Strike that would only cause more hardship and affect only the masses?

Knowing the demonic APC and govt for who they are,Make dem introduce no work no pay,whether dem no go all jump back to work.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2023
raumdeuter:

In an official capacity where he is specially protected he is expected to be neutral politically
In his personal capacity where he enjoys no special protection He is free to support anyone

If you chop breakfast from your personal life and want to use your official life to get even is not right

Same way if he played naijabet in his private life and wins 1bllion he wont transfer to official account

So where did he become bias?

Can you show me where Ajaero asked Imo Workers to vote for a particular candidate?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

You have been stuck with the political story since. You shouldn't change it now.

Ajaero and Uzodinma are the key actors here.

If Ajaero was smoking Shisha at Cubana, and Uzodinma sent his boys to beat him up, would this be enough reason for a strike?

I really need to understand the particular reason(s) where you guys will agree that a physically assaulted NLC President should call for a strike.

Ajaero was acting in personal interest and got beaten in the protest.
Did Uzodimma tell you he owns those thugs? You are the ne making assumptions here
Ajaero was on a personal mission and got involved in fight with some thugs
So why should your personal mission affect everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2023
raumdeuter:

Ajaero was acting in personal interest and got beaten in the protest.
Did Uzodimma tell you he owns those thugs? You are the ne making assumptions here
Ajaero was on a personal mission and got involved in fight with some thugs
So why should your personal mission affect everyone

You have not said anything, bro.

I have asked you a question. Na simple answer you suppose give me.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:
So where did he become bias?

Can you show me where Ajaero asked Imo Workers to vote for a particular candidate?

Ajaero has never hidden that he is a member of Labor Party which is different from his role as NLC chairman

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/04/why-we-formed-labour-party-joe-ajaero/

He is the one who wants to mix the good and bad of his 2 roles. He should separate them

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

You have not said anything, bro.

I have asked you a question. Na simple answer you suppose give me.

Your question is being asked under a faulty premise which is Uzodimma sent someone to beat him
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2023
raumdeuter:

Ajaero has never hidden that he is a member of Labor Party which is different from his role as NLC chairman

https://dailypost.ng/2023/10/04/why-we-formed-labour-party-joe-ajaero/

He is the one who wants to mix the good and bad of his 2 roles. He should separate them

So, you even have no proof that Ajaero asked anybody to vote for anybody.

I'm surprised.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

So, you even have no proof that Ajaero asked anybody to vote for anybody.

I'm surprised.

This is Ajaero campaigning for Labor Party, Any guess on what he is doing at the podium of a political party campaign ground?

When Oshiomole wan join politics he left NLC position, Make Ajaero sef do the same you cant be pretending to be NLC chairman while pushing a political candidate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2023
raumdeuter:

This is Ajaero campaigning for Labor Party, Any guess on what he is doing at the podium of a political party campaign ground?

When Oshiomole wan join politics he left NLC position, Make Ajaero sef do the same you cant be pretending to be NLC chairman while pushing a political candidate

Well, i have no issues with him on any podium. Na BlueRayDick and iamoyindamola you suppose mention. They would be shocked to see the same selfish Ajaero supporting their own candidate.

My own question is why should anyone justify beating him because of that?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
The first question is what is the timeline of nlc protests up to this date?

Has nlc led by Ajaero protested salary issues in any of the other states before now?

A Google search showed nlc has been 'fuming' and threatening to protest in different states but has not actually gone to protest.

Protesting in Imo on the eve of an election is not an accident.

More so when the same nlc has been repeatedly shelving protests or promising protests that have gone nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

Well, i have no issues with him on any podium. Na BlueRayDick and iamoyindamola you suppose mention. They would be shocked to see the same selfish Ajaero supporting their own candidate.

He is acting in personal capacity. No one justifies him being beaten but you cannot ground a country because you got beaten in his personal life

Let me ask you the same thing you asked without putting the APC coloration

So if Ajaero was walking on the road, and street thugs beat him up, would this be enough reason to call a strike?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

You are the one that's going off point Bros.
Since una dey blame Ajaero for this protest as if e nor suppose happen because Ajaero was reportedly there on political business (which evidence nor dey)
So I'm trying to show you how even if it's an ordinary civilian that's making NLC react this way, it's worth it.
Talk less of someone that is their leader.
Sho get?

Read my first reply to Ellexy , answer the questions I raised Therein and then maybe we can start a conversation .

As it stands u are not speaking a language I undertand
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
izzou:

False equivalence everywhere .

Did Ajaero declare nationwide protest after adopting Peter Obi as his preferred candidate ?

At least prior to the presidential election APC government was yet to pay some lecturers outstanding salary as per the No work nonpay policy of Buhari following the fallout of the last ASUU strike ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3718) (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) ... (5222) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Zaha(m), LordAdam16 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.