Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:14 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1824766 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3777) (3778) (3779) (3780) (3781) (3782) (3783) ... (5222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
Theflint1:
It's always them grin

My problem is, sometimes when I want to look away, I wonder if the children won't feel left out.

Look at this one, na so the money dey commot small small. If you have three children that you have to dress this way, 50k+ don go.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

Person call himself weirdo you come dey act surprised at what he is yarning.

In any sane country the governor would lose his position and might even face charges if those claims are found to be true

These guys are treating their fellow Nigerians almost as bad as how slaves were treated.

Omo! I shock.

I believe it's the normal impunity they've always gotten away with that made LASG release the financials without even trying to doctor it or make it look more believable. Probably they never thought anybody will sit and analyze the report critically
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
So Tinubu still left the 1.5billion for purchase of vehicles for his wife in the budget.

And OasisX did not come and tell us here?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
izzou:

grin grin grin

When I was trying to register as a contractor in Lagos state sometime this year, one of their requirements is that a Business name can only get 500k max.

This is aside the usual verification of office, years of existence, blah blah blah

Well, Lati pulled a 10 million Naira contract with a Business name

grin

Lati get back-up grin

This reminds of that Akpobolokemi during his time at NIMASA when he transferred over N500m to a tailor
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Omo! I shock.

I believe it's the normal impunity they've always gotten away with that made LASG release the financials without even trying to doctor it or make it look more believable. Probably they never thought anybody will sit and analyze the report critically
hehehehe..

That's to say, Dem no even rate us grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Lati get back-up grin

This reminds of that Akpobolokemi during his time at NIMASA when he transferred over N500m to a tailor

You didn't see the part where they said one perfume costs $1,000?

Tomorrow, they will present Sanwo-Olu as the best governor after Lincoln, forgetting that these guys did little, and siphoned most, with the much they had.

Shebi Master strategist don dey Abuja, and the defence now is "What will Obi have done?"....."Did Obi not say he will do the same"?

grin

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
izzou:

You didn't see the part where they said one perfume costs $1,000?

Tomorrow, they will present Sanwo-Olu as the best governor after Lincoln, forgetting that these guys did little, and siphoned most, with the much they had.

Shebi Master strategist don dey Abuja, and the defence now is "What will Obi have done?"....."Did Obi not say he will do the same"?

grin

If Sanwoolu floats a bank, oil company and airline after 8 years as Lagos state governor I won't be surprised at all. That guy just dey use cool face dey siphon as much public funds as he can lay his hands on.

Perfume wey dey cost $1,000...smh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
Theflint1:
It's always them grin

I thought having a baby mama would be easier but a woman is a woman..

Tomorrow when the kids make it, it'll be mummy mummy mummy everywhere..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
Realmrsean:
hehehehe..

That's to say, Dem no even rate us grin

Because they know even if matter cast their supporters will put up defence on their behalf everywhere online and offline.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Security nko ?

MTN is more of a service provider than producer of physical goods na. Let's look at the manufacturing sector; dem Dunlop, Michellin & co left naija due to unstable power supply which shot up their production cost in Nigeria. Insecurity and the power sector challenge is enough to dissuade any investor from putting clean money into the Nigerian economy

Shebi MTN get infrastructure and staff even in core BokoHaram and ESN areas. You go structure am say na locals go dey interface with those ones probably get some local security like Tompolo or Nigeria army as security if you need to go there

There is insecurity factor in running a business too. There are some foreign companies going into Sudan Somalia and Afghanistan to do business as we speak. If you have govt guarantees of profit you can chuck it up to business risk

If govt is in your camp they will work out something despite how crazy Sudan Niger and some African countries are where they are practically in a civil war, Russia, China still dey invest and open companies there.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

If Sanwoolu floats a bank, oil company and airline after 8 years as Lagos state governor I won't be surprised at all. That guy just dey use cool face dey siphon as much public funds as he can lay his hands on.

I am yet to see any governor use State funds to pay for his legal battles.

Only one person
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Sanwo Olu Patek Phillipe collection is able to start up at least 100 SME.. Man's wristwatch collection is mad..

I think only Hope Uzodinma dey try rival am small..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Omo! I shock.

When such practices become a way of life impunity and callousness will set in. The tragedy is that this is what happens all over the country. The common man is phucked.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
popizaino:

Now i see why huge multinational companies are still springing up everywhere in ogun state despite the state of the nations.

The margin of profit they make in Africa they cannot make it in an organized society. To build an ordinary house you will see the amount of paperwork and approvals plus environmental impact etc you have to go through in an organized society.

What they pitch to these companies is closeness to raw materials, extremely cheap labor, non existent regulations, profit repatriation
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

Shebi MTN get infrastructure and staff even in core BokoHaram and ESN areas. You go structure am say na locals go dey interface with those ones probably get some local security like Tompolo or Nigeria army as security if you need to go there

There is insecurity factor in running a business too. There are some foreign companies going into Sudan Somalia and Afghanistan to do business as we speak. If you have govt guarantees of profit you can chuck it up to business risk

If govt is in your camp they will work out something despite how crazy Sudan Niger and some African countries are where they are practically in a civil war, Russia, China still dey invest and open companies there.

MTN and Airtel do not have any site in Nigeria again.

They have sub contracted all those stuffs to other people
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
izzou:

Only one person

I can bet that there are many doing it. This mumu just got caught.
Anyway, na who dem catch be thief.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

Which government ? The same government that can't prevent a governor's convoy from being attacked by Boko Haram ? Nigerian government cannot even guarantee the security of it's own officials, shey na that one any serious investor go come listen to their soothing and reassuring word of mouth ?

How many US companies do u have situated in places like Borno, Zamfara, Yobe, Katsina, etc ?

Did u miss the part where the editorial spoke about foreign countries like UK, US etc issuing security alert to their nationals to avoid some states in Nigeria ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

I can bet that there are many doing? This mumu just got caught.

Well, true.

At least from all the ones wey leak, nobody put am there.

Maybe they knew it was insulting to the people, except the people of Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
izzou:

Only one person

Honestly there might be others. If someone tells me Wike used State funds to pay his legal fees while he was governor I won't be surprised at all. But they won't release the financials to the public, shebi na wetin u see u go analyze
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
izzou:

Not Government backup per se.

More like, if you can grease your way into the good books of the corrupt govt, you can make more.

For every foreign firm here, 3 or more have left. E mean say the field dey level for all of them.

If you notice some companies with global outreach and have a reputation to protect that usually suffer cos GSK global won't want to know that GSK Nigeria is just ejecting waste product inside river. They will want to keep up standards from their home country

But a Chinese company an Indian company might not mind. Them no send bad press as long as Naija govt looks the other side. Nigeria at this point will most likely overlook many things just to please these investors
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
CrystalTiger:

Sanwo Olu Patek Phillipe collection is able to start up at least 100 SME.. Man's wristwatch collection is mad..

I think only Hope Uzodinma dey try rival am small..

They can always argue he bought the watch with his personal funds; and of a truth u can't tell a man what he should spend or not spend "his money " on.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Which government ? The same government that can't prevent a governor's convoy from being attacked by Boko Haram ? Nigerian government cannot even guarantee the security of it's own officials, shey na that one any serious investor go come listen to their soothing and reassuring word of mouth ?

How many US companies do u have situated in places like Borno, Zamfara, Yobe, Katsina, etc ?

Did u miss the part where the editorial spoke about foreign countries like UK, US etc issuing security alert to their nationals to avoid some states in Nigeria ?

With the security alerts in Nigeria and these countries you still know there are Americans and UK citizens still coming here to start business even with kidnapping and insecurity. In crazy Zamfara there are Chinese operated mines going on

Where there is money to be made some people will take the risk.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

When such practices become a way of life impunity and callousness will set in. The tragedy is that this is what happens all over the country. The common man is phucked.

Muller don caption the message Sanwoolu and Tinubu dey pass to the common man with their spendings

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
CrystalTiger:

I thought having a baby mama would be easier but a woman is a woman..

Tomorrow when the kids make it, it'll be mummy mummy mummy everywhere..
Whoa...the trick these days na to ensure you don't miss spending time with the kids too o, however little, shouldn't be hustle alone. Baby mama life go come with just too much headache, I think that's even worse than marriage sef, cause with a wife, she's secure enough to not see you alone as an ATM that she has to drain ASAP and whenever possible.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
izzou:

MTN and Airtel do not have any site in Nigeria again.

They have sub contracted all those stuffs to other people

Oh so what part of their business is still in Nigeria?
Subcontracting to local vendors is also an option . Let local contractors handle the crazy part
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

With the security alerts in Nigeria and these countries you still know there are Americans and UK citizens still coming here to start business even with kidnapping and insecurity. In crazy Zamfara there are Chinese operated mines going on

Where there is money to be made some people will take the risk.

The Chinese in Zamfara are part of those funding the insurgency there.

No serious legit business man/investor will carry money to invest in an insecurity plagued area.

While I was in PH I had a discussion with some guys and they mentioned it that most of the NGO's scattered all over the North east and North west are fronts for both Nigerians and foreigners unscrupulous businesses who are invested in tapping the minerals and natural resources deposits in the North. Some of them are complicit in the Boko Haram & Bandits matter

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Muller don caption the message Sanwoolu and Tinubu dey pass to the common man with their spendings

grin grin grin

Reminds me of that Bayern team under Hansi Flick. That is the most sadistic team I have seen in a long time. Dem go Dey woze person 5-0 and the manager go just dey bone face like he just lose him job.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
izzou:

Only one person

Many governors are doing way worse. All these na because they shared the breakdown to you

Their 23yr old girlfriends how you think say they pay them? They will just register fake companies and be collecting money.

The foreign trips, new cars and billions to the gf is inside the budget somehow you might not see it with naked eye sha

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

grin grin grin

Reminds me of that Bayern team under Hansi Flick. That is the most sadistic team I have seen in a long time. Dem go Dey woze person 5-0 and the manager go just dey bone face like he just lose him job.

Flick is a sadist with sadistic players grin. Dem go beat person 10-2 , 7-1, etc on aggregate
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2023
afrodoc2:

I can bet that there are many doing it. This mumu just got caught.

I get one family friend that used to be in govt and retired as perm sec in the 2000s. For almost 30yrs plus of his career in civil service, he never bought flight ticket, bought rice bought meat, never bought anything with his salary everything na govt expenses. Even na govt go carry all the expenses to bury his own mother.

Shebi Jim Nwobodo carry National stadium generator go his village and dropped athletes for Atlanta Olympics for his mother inlaw, maids, his kids and their friends all on govt budget
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Honestly there might be others. If someone tells me Wike used State funds to pay his legal fees while he was governor I won't be surprised at all. But they won't release the financials to the public, shebi na wetin u see u go analyze

Not just Wike, not even governors alone

Anyone perm sec and above are all doing it. Most of their personal expenses are on govt budget
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
raumdeuter:

I get one family friend that used to be in govt and retired as perm sec in the 2000s. For almost 30yrs plus of his career in civil service, he never bought flight ticket, bought rice bought meat, never bought anything with his salary everything na govt expenses. Even na govt go carry all the expenses to bury his own mother.

Shebi Jim Nwobodo carry National stadium generator go his village and dropped athletes for Atlanta Olympics for his mother inlaw, maids, his kids and their friends all on govt budget

Very true on Jim. They had to beg him to return the generator sef. After the event in his village (I think his mother’s burial) he refused to return the gen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3777) (3778) (3779) (3780) (3781) (3782) (3783) ... (5222) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, LordAdam16 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.