Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,079 members, 7,939,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:54 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1824606 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) ... (5222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

The person wey pain me pass was Freestyle Essien.

How can such a talent just quit like that?

Maybe it was me, but MI no reach that guy craft...Imagine being at that level at the early 2000s.

I still they mourn that guy musical demise.

Omo ! U just reminded be of another legend; Freeestyle! That song "plenty lighters for here" he did with 2baba is GOATED! I still from time to time jam the song when I play naija late 90's/early 2000's old school on spotify.

That's why I can't relate with all these dem blaqbones, yung6ix, etc music nowadays.

I also believe he would've had more appeal than M.I if they had both been of the same generation. I just hope he is doing fine anywhere he is now.

I remember one time I read Tolu maintain got a job in the oil & gas industry hence why he left music; I hope that applies to someone like freestyle too and not just that he's struggling to make ends meet somewhere in Nigeria.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Omo ! U just reminded be of another legend; Freeestyle! That song "plenty lighters for here" he did with 2baba is GOATED! I still from time to time jam the song when I play naija late 90's/early 2000's old school on spotify.

That's why I can't relate with all these dem blaqbones, yung6ix, etc music nowadays.

I also believe he would've had more appeal than M.I if they had both been of the same generation. I just hope he is doing fine anywhere he is now.

I remember one time I read Tolu maintain got a job in the oil & gas industry hence why he left music; I hope that applies to someone like freestyle too and not just that he's struggling to make ends meet somewhere in Nigeria.

I no fit relate to these current songs.

Freestyle left Nigeria and joined the US Navy.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

I no fit relate to these current songs.

Freestyle left Nigeria and joined the US Navy.

Wow! That's a good one move; he didn't do bad at all.

Even dem ruggedman wey remain don nearly turn bloggger just to eat out of the digital money wey dey now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Wow! That's a good one move; he didn't do bad at all.

Even dem ruggedman wey remain don nearly turn bloggger just to eat out of the digital money wey dey now.

Digital money really revolutionised music.

These guys worked hard and didn't earn so much.

Another guy i liked was W4...That guy dey burst my head grin

I grew up in Festac, so a lot of all these guys started from there. I doubt if anyone that grew there in the 90s didn't run into these guys.

Sweet old memories

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Sip easy plenty lighter for here
plenty shayo for there

Jamz that year
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:05am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

I grew up in Festac, so a lot of all these guys started from there. I doubt if anyone that grew there in the 90s didn't run into these guys.

Sweet old memories
That guy and mi who tall pass
Awon midget O clock grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

Sweet old memories

Omo digital money changed alot of things. Those guys were unfortunate that during their time it was just radio cassette, video cassette and then video CD's in vogue which Alaba marketers pirated so much leaving those guys to live off shows that weren't a regular occurence like we have now. If dem 2baba no hold their side well, dem for no see chop inside digital money sef.

This December now, the number of concerts alone that will be happening all over the country will make even Q-list artistes some millions; talkless of A-C List artistes.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2023
Amoto94 will be talking about nuance lost on someone, but here are first hand account of Palestine civilians acting exactly the same way Hamas terrorists would.

https://www.nairaland.com/7926397/released-hostage-says-he-held

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Sip easy plenty lighter for here
plenty shayo for there

Jamz that year
Better jam
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Omo digital money changed alot of things. Those guys were unfortunate that during their time it was just radio cassette, video cassette and then video CD's in vogue which Alaba marketers pirated so much leaving those guys to live off shows that weren't a regular occurence like we have now. If dem 2baba no hold their side well, dem for no see chop inside digital money sef.

This December now, the number of concerts alone that will be happening all over the country will make even Q-list artistes some millions; talkless of A-C List artistes.

Those days, record labels were had to have a Marketer on the side; Na so Alaba guys take dey chop

You release an Album, the Marketer pays you off and nothing concern you with wetin him use am do. Na so Ahbu Ventures and those Alaba guys take dey blow.

They had limited means of making money; Marketer paying you, endorsement and shows. Shikena.

It was very difficult to break out and start from scratch, unlike what we see today. Those guys for really do well now
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:16am On Nov 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

That guy and mi who tall pass
Awon midget O clock grin grin

That guy go tall pass MI grin

I remember his part in 2face' Ole remix

His track with Blaise.

Omoh! Freestyle came too early
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

His track with Blaise.

All these guys came early they are all talented trying to stay at the top
There's also this guy from kennis music that look like usher, rasaq is his name

Eldee is another agba awo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:21am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou the interior minister has been busted to be a CAPiologist. Passport still dey take 6 months to process without paying for runs shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/7875032/passports-still-take-6-months
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 9:22am On Nov 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This is why you have to give musicians/artistes with longetivity props

i have read that Madonna is insanely disciplined - to the point she was having fights with her then husband because she was transferring that discipline to their kids. apparently the woman does not go near soda and she did not allow the kids to either
why does she want to remain young forever by doing series of plastic surgeries?

she is against ageing
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:23am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

His track with Blaise.

That 2face ft W4 Ole remix was giving ! cool Omo music don dey for this country o; STV music africa play that song die that year.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:24am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
izzou the interior minister has been busted to be a CAPiologist. Passport still dey take 6 months to process without paying for runs shocked

Told you grin grin
No be naija again, these people don't have business with heaven aje
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Amoto94 will be talking about nuance lost on someone, but here are first hand account of Palestine civilians acting exactly the same way Hamas terrorists would.

https://www.nairaland.com/7926397/released-hostage-says-he-held
i dont know why amoto94 supoorts hamas terrorrists sad
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:25am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin grin

The guy that was my agent is my good friend.

If the Minister was really working, that guy would be out of business.

On Saturday, we hungout and the 10k bill we incurred was settled by him...Passport money.

This Interior guy just sabi how to use the media to talk pass..Some are already hailing him as the next best thing after John the Baptist

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:27am On Nov 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

All these guys came early they are all talented trying to stay at the top
There's also this guy from kennis music that look like usher, rasaq is his name

Eldee is another agba awo

Eldee was in Trybesmen

Na that group produce Sasha; the first female rapper i know.

Even Freestyle was from Trybesmen

Kai! Nostalgic
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:32am On Nov 30, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7926504/naira-marley-zinoleesky-samlarry-spotted

Nigeria in a nutshell,throw them crumbs watch them forget about your past sins.

No wonder politicians like sanwo olu gets away with using state funds to defend himself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:33am On Nov 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Told you grin grin
No be naija again, these people don't have business with heaven aje
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

The guy that was my agent is my good friend.

If the Minister was really working, that guy would be out of business.

On Saturday, we hungout and the 10k bill we incurred was settled by him...Passport money.

This Interior guy just sabi how to use the media to talk pass..Some are already hailing him as the next best thing after John the Baptist

grin

This country sef! Minsiter dey go media house dey grant interviews dey speak big grammar, civil servants wey go process passport go dey office dey do "yinmu" to the back of his head say " dey play " grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:46am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This country sef! Minsiter dey go media house dey grant interviews dey speak big grammar, civil servants wey go process passport go dey office dey do "yinmu" to the back of his head say " dey play " grin

It will be very very hard as corruption has been institutionalized in the passport office and the officers from oga at the top to cleaner all feel entitled to the money from bribes and fast tracking.

It can be done. Oloyede did it after all. But it will be hard and will require a hands on approach or a really focused team.

Something as simple as online registration will be sabotaged by the team in house.

You will continue to hear network is down. We have to do it offline or locally.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 9:50am On Nov 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 9:55am On Nov 30, 2023
izzou:

Eldee was in Trybesmen

Na that group produce Sasha; the first female rapper i know.

Even Freestyle was from Trybesmen

Kai! Nostalgic

Eldee, Freestyle, and KB (Kaboom) were Trybesmen.

Sasha, Blaize, Dr Sid, 2Shotz, Double O , Timmy and the others were Da Trybe.

When Shake Bodi was released it was the most incredible experience. There had never been a rap record like that in Nigeria. Freestyle could be deadly when on form.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:09am On Nov 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It will be very very hard as corruption has been institutionalized in the passport office and the officers from oga at the top to cleaner all feel entitled to the money from bribes and fast tracking.

It can be done. Oloyede did it after all. But it will be hard and will require a hands on approach or a really focused team.

Something as simple as online registration will be sabotaged by the team in house.

You will continue to hear network is down. We have to do it offline or locally.

Na why people wey know the extent of rot in the system no go celebrate when the ministers made the pronouncement.

I remember when my former oga went for drivers license capturing and by 10am the FRSC office had people waiting under the excuse that their is no light . Oga called one of the senior officers and asked him if they don't have provision for Gen ni?

FRSC guy told him there's gen but no fuel. Baba gave them 10k and they just switch on the gen immediately without going to get any fuel. They did his capturing first before anybody and he moved. Imagine how much they will be making with that format daily at the FRSC office especially once they see u came down from one black SUV without patience of waiting endlessly for NEPA light.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na why people wey know the extent of rot in the system no go celebrate when the ministers made the pronouncement.

I remember when my former oga went for drivers license capturing and by 10am the FRSC office had people waiting under the excuse that their is no light . Oga called one of the senior officers and asked him if they don't have provision for Gen ni?

FRSC guy told him there's gen but no fuel. Baba gave them 10k and they just switch on the gen immediately without going to get any fuel. They did his capturing first before anybody and he moved. Imagine how much they will be making with that format daily at the FRSC office especially once they see u came down from one black SUV without patience of waiting endlessly for NEPA light.

they will now shack the 10k with hero beer and nkwobi with bros izzou on a Friday night cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

they will now shack the 10k with hero beer and nkwobi with bros izzou on a Friday night cheesy

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:28am On Nov 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

grin
Them do owo abu lafin se abu lalejo for izzou
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:35am On Nov 30, 2023
Emaprince:
Corruption about swallow all the that will be made off it.

No be black men again?

Corruption full ground for Qatar, UAE and Saudi. . . . but the revenue to population size still ensure say everybody dey chop. Guyana will be pretty foolish to mess this up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:38am On Nov 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Normal level
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:38am On Nov 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

The guy collect 45k for my hand.

At least, i don chop 5k last week.

Let me see how much i can recoup before the year runs out.

Na when e reach 25k (Official amount for passport) I go stop
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:40am On Nov 30, 2023
afrodoc2:

Eldee, Freestyle, and KB (Kaboom) were Trybesmen.

Sasha, Blaize, Dr Sid, 2Shotz, Double O , Timmy and the others were Da Trybe.

When Shake Bodi was released it was the most incredible experience. There had never been a rap record like that in Nigeria. Freestyle could be deadly when on form.

I didn't know that was another group oh.

Truly, none was ever like Trybesmen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) ... (5222) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m), Shegzdave and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.