Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1824736 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) (3874) (3875) ... (5222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:

Is it Naira you spend in Australia? Now tell us the price of house rent in Australia and the price of coke let's convert to Naira so I can laugh at you.
You are misinformed and refused to be educated which is your own problem.

110k makes you part of the top earners in Australia as most don’t want to work that much.
So when you say Nigerians are working two jobs here or doing jobs they wont do in Nigeria … He’s balling big time in Australia but will still come to Nigeria and steal your girlfriend 😵‍💫

Rent at $1500 per month(high sef) is 18k per year…. Add 20k expenses join and you still balling.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 9:53am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

You don talk am finish. How will any one survive on 7k a month without begging?
230 Naira per day grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2023
Lmaooo.. Omo.. I don see things
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 10:29am On Dec 09, 2023
Godx:
The most baffling thing is all these Nigerian who travel abroad and starts working 3 to 4 different jobs at once just to meet up while in Nigeria they lazy about doing only one thing. The work ethic this bozos put abroad, you won't ever see it in Nigeria.

The system here is the reason why it is so and you know it. Put a right system in place and you will see the same ethic or more. It is also the same system that makes your politician to act as if they are above the law here and act like normal law abiding citizens abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

How can you say this?

Some low budget factories have their workers work from 7am to 7pm.

So please, when should this person go for his second job?

You better allow that one be. He lives in his bubble.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:43am On Dec 09, 2023
Melvyn11:
Oya they have added blue skys that was deceiving some of you the other day.

Na Waffi be this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2023
Itsrm:

I once shared an experience here when someone gave me a job of 20k to help him do and was still asking me for his cut. I ignored him. Since then, he has not called me for any job again cheesy

He is observing the principle of "He who is faithful in little will be given a lot" ; grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 10:54am On Dec 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

It’s not a case of selling the country or not . N20m is not a money that should make u not to travel to a place like Canada , USA or Austriala if u have an express entry/student visa .

I have a close family friend who retired from a private company in his early 50’s around 2018 or thereabouts . I honestly don’t know how much he got as lump sun for retirement benefits , but I know it ran into millions .

He tried his hands on some business but he noticed the after effects of the 2016-2017 recession was eating deep into his savings . He was most likely going to face longevity risk ( The risk of outliving one’s income ). Baba follow visiting visa enter America around 2019 having gathered his remaining savings , sold off his business assets to take process japa .

Today he has been granted asylum , living a decent life and taking care of his family with his fear of longevity risk gone.

N20m is not as much as most people are seeing it on paper today .
20m is not that much tbh, especially for someone who just hit it.. before you run most expenses,its gone.. if lets say 20m is a proceed from a stream or multiple streams of incomes,itd be better..

make person no go borrow 20m think say he don arrive
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by popizaino(m): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

Na Waffi be this?

Abuja and it doesn't even come close cape town.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I guess someone who leaves Alagbado for 5am everyday to lekki and comes back 10pm for a sum of N110k per month is also a lazy bozo for holding on to that one job while in Nigeria .

Nigeria operates a monthly pay system that will suck out the living light out of u and make it difficult to hold more than one job except in rare cases when ur job is remote or hybrid .

If Nigeria was a country that rewards labour , a graduate will not be earning $110 for a whole month in which he has put in at least 160 hours of work and spent almost half of it on transportation .

Is it that u people don’t know the actual value of money or it’s just blind and delusional patriotism that makes u say some of these things like the one up there ?

Maybe the construction work on Lagos Abeokuta has eased traffic sha, but during my service year, leaving the island at 9-10pm was your best chance of beating traffic on the way home.

Am early night for me was getting home at 12pm.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:20am On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

Na Waffi be this?

The guy dey bust my head.

Same warri that I visited in April 2022, and my host had to move us around with a battalion of soldiers

Osubi Airport be like field where them dey do interhousesports. That's what you want to compare to Capetown. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 11:29am On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

He is observing the principle of "He who is faithful in little will be given a lot" ; grin grin

He no well. Make e keep the "a lot" grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Same warri that I visited in April 2022, and my host had to move us around with a battalion of soldiers

Osubi Airport be like field where them dey do interhousesports. That's what you want to compare to Capetown. grin grin

Even they have the grace to call it airstrip cheesy

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:41am On Dec 09, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Maybe the construction work on Lagos Abeokuta has eased traffic sha, but during my service year, leaving the island at 9-10pm was your best chance of beating traffic on the way home.

Am early night for me was getting home at 12pm.

Which service year again?

You do the full year, or you just do orientation, then work the rest? cheesy cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:44am On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

You do the full year, or you just do orientation, then work the rest? cheesy cheesy

Don't jeopardize your future gofamint job with an honest answer!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:46am On Dec 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Don't jeopardize your future gofamint job!

Service year for Island. Completely random posting by NYSC, you will agree grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Even they have the grace to call it airstrip cheesy

Bro.

I don't want to disrespect the town and the people of warri because they showed me love out there for real, but comparing Warri to Capetown is like comparing a grain of sand to a mountain, because they're both made of rock.

It seems like a lot of people haven't gone out and expanded their horizons before.

I'm waiting outside my boxing gym rn to pick up my sons after their training. This gym is in what we would class as a small and very rundown town in the UK, and imo its still a lot better than 98% of Lagos, and maybe 50% of Abuja in terns of roads, cleanliness, infrastructure etc.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

Omo I did the full year o. My dad got me working for his guy on the island for 15k alawee and 35k salary.

I didn't even bother showing up to CDS. I told my LI/ZI/Coirdinator Person to sign for me for the whole 10k a month. I only wore my uniform during camp and at passing out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ibime:

Service year for Island. Completely random posting by NYSC, you will agree grin grin grin

Lol I served in Lagos camp sef, and Im from Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Lol I served in Lagos camp sef, and Im from Lagos grin

Talk true..

It was the handwork of God, shey?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I guess someone who leaves Alagbado for 5am everyday to lekki and comes back 10pm for a sum of N110k per month is also a lazy bozo for holding on to that one job while in Nigeria .

Nigeria operates a monthly pay system that will suck out the living light out of u and make it difficult to hold more than one job except in rare cases when ur job is remote or hybrid .

If Nigeria was a country that rewards labour , a graduate will not be earning $110 for a whole month in which he has put in at least 160 hours of work and spent almost half of it on transportation .

Is it that u people don’t know the actual value of money or it’s just blind and delusional patriotism that makes u say some of these things like the one up there ?

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

Talk true..

Na private Uni he go ; most of the people wey attend private Uni served either in Lagos , Abuja or PH . How their schools dey pull am off I no know
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

How can you say this?

Some low budget factories have their workers work from 7am to 7pm.

So please, when should this person go for his second job?

You guys have missed the real gist. His main aim is to bash people who live abroad and to call them bozos. All these fine details you people are going into no consign am. grin

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
afrodoc2:

grin grin grin

E be like those boys never really work in corporate private sector in this country .

They talk like people wey dey street dey hustle in Benin , Warri , Delta , etc . Person wey don work in corporate private secto ur moving from one end of the cut state he resides to another go know say na cap dem dem cap
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2023
A40:
Naah this is a genuinely mad fellow. Comparing society where there are labor laws to Nigeria where even established companies owe and can get away with it. Truly the ramblings of a mad man

Someone should have asked him if he is doing 4 jobs as well. At least he must be practicing what he preaches.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Odunharry(m): 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2023
nihilistjnr:

This man wan kill my with laff... Baba say na interhouse sport field.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
izzou:

Talk true..

To be honest, I think people who went to uni abroad had first pick for Abuja or Lagos posting.

But yes, the 'work' of the Lord was marvelous in my sight.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
It can never be well with this country
This woman was jailed for condemning Deborah death while her killers are walking free either awaiting trial

https://www.nairaland.com/7935633/rhoda-jatau-regains-freedom-bauchi

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na private Uni he go ; most of the people wey attend private Uni served either in Lagos , Abuja or PH . How their schools dey pull am off I no know

I graduated from a UK uni, but my Dad sorted out my posting to Lagos, PPA, all that stuff.

Although like I said earlier, e be like say enough innit boys and girls dey lagos camp, batch 3 that year. So either we all worked it (which was likely given that almost all of us ended up working in VI, often in the same building), or maybe NYSC posting department decided the wahala of posting an innit boy to Zamfara wasn't worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 12:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
them dey leave sinking ship , you say make them stay ,help you scoop water grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Shhhh nor cast osubi like this 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) (3874) (3875) ... (5222) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: seankafor(m), enigma0, GloriousGbola, Bluelines69 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.