Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,860 members, 7,848,494 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:55 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1528921 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) (4654) (4655) (4656) ... (4760) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:15pm On May 08
Ibime:

My guy from here just went to Bermuda as their Finance Secretary to the Govt. That makes him the no2 man in the Finance Ministry after the Finance Minister. That job was unfilled for 3 years. It is clear that they have lack of skulls to fill some jobs in Carribbean

https://www.royalgazette.com/general/news/article/20240403/chidozie-ofoegowo-named-financial-secretary/

Afrodoc2 also did his Japa through Trinidad and met my cousin there who Japa through the same route. A lot of Nigerian doctors Japa through there. Those people have just enough money to provide good jobs but don't have enough of their population highly educated to fill those roles

.......I hope guys follow this route. Visa Rejection dey kîll morale. LOL!

My first experience At US Embassy in Lagos eh. Man don dey dream of life in Atlanta. LMFAO
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 8:15pm On May 08
larride:

That first line is very important.
Lol e no be like our Naija school. Determination and grit to go through PhD work is even more important.

Me i no even wán school again but I gats make that sacrifice.

I already dey answer doctor so I go prefer MSc, by coursework sef not thesis.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 8:16pm On May 08
larride:

I really haven't seen much information about relocating to Ireland, care to share more light on possible pathways ?

I only know of UK guys going there for work, na to research am oh
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:16pm On May 08
larride:

The next question is if couples can relocate to these places?

....E no dey hard at all.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:20pm On May 08
grin

.....Eunoiaa! Shey you no want japa ni?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 8:20pm On May 08
raumdeuter:

I am as confused as you are. They said its because he paid her Hush money (Money so she wont sell her story to a magazine and the press)That of all cases to want to try Trump for its the most flimsy IMO that they are going for.
During the 2016 election cycle Stormy wanted to tell her story to the press and Trump offered her money to shut her up and sign an NDA

Stormy is in court narrating their sexual experience, Maybe its to turn off born again and women who support Trump. As most women and born again won't like hearing details of how you nack ashii

Every time I read about the case it just seems amusing to me. He fvcked someone, the shameless person wanted to cast the matter, and he gave her money to pay her off so she won’t tell anybody about what happened. She still went ahead to break the agreement and tell everyone that Trump fvcked her. IMO, she’s the one that is supposed to be under trial for breaking a legally binding agreement not Trump.
All these funny laws in western countries is the reason I don’t really fancy the thought of relocating there even if I have the chance. You can be nabbed for the most stupid shit ever.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:23pm On May 08
Unlimited22:
BTW guys if you still get head for school, try direct Bsc to PhD for USA.

In my case it's a little easier because my degree is a professional one, but you go still see. Those guys can fund anything, including the study of snails inside ogbono soup.

I have a junior colleague who didn't even do internship and is now doing a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing at George Mason University.

Na the koko be that. Most of the schools require GMAT or GRE. Even when not expressly stated, they use it when competition is high.

Though I hear people are now doing GMAT/GRE runs with 600k

Another problem with US is getting your Visa approved. Even with full PhD funding, people have been humbled at the embassy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:23pm On May 08
Unlimited22:

Lol e no be like our Naija school. Determination and grit to go through PhD work is even more important.

Me i no even wán school again but I gats make that sacrifice.

I already dey answer doctor so I go prefer MSc, by coursework sef not thesis.

US na my final destination for this japa movement.

Everything will work out well for you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 8:24pm On May 08
Ibime:

UK market over worth am. The job market for professionals is extremely robust. But you must be polished in UK. Communication is very important to them. If you see a Nigerian struggling here, it's usually cos they can't speak clearly or have confidence issues with communication

But if I'm trying to Japa now, I would prefer Ireland. Ireland has more finance and IT jobs than people to fill them. Irish companies are always coming to UK to steal staff.

From what I’ve seen people say online, it seems Ireland is indeed better than the UK.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 8:37pm On May 08
larride:

US na my final destination for this japa movement.

Everything will work out well for you.
Amen
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 8:37pm On May 08
Itsrm:

Na the koko be that. Most of the schools require GMAT or GRE. Even when not expressly stated, they use it when competition is high.

Another problem with US is getting your Visa approved. Even with full PhD funding, people have been humbled at the embassy
I have found Courses that don't require anything more than an English test, with funding.

Yeah embassy Dey misbehave but it's a chance and that's why there are options.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:58pm On May 08
Ibime:

UK market over worth am. The job market for professionals is extremely robust. But you must be polished in UK. Communication is very important to them. If you see a Nigerian struggling here, it's usually cos they can't speak clearly or have confidence issues with communication

But if I'm trying to Japa now, I would prefer Ireland. Ireland has more finance and IT jobs than people to fill them. Irish companies are always coming to UK to steal staff.

U are not wrong about Ireland being a better japa destination compared to UK. I was at a wedding of a family friend last month.

Both bride and groom came back from Ireland to wed. Na better high society wedding they throw based on how things soft for them over there.

The only down side to Ireland japa is that they don't allow u to japa with ur spouse through education route unlike UK that allows a student bring in his or her spouse on the same visa ( until recently when UK lock that door )

The groom na our own, he japa late 2022 and by 2024 he don really gather enough to come throw nice wedding with little contribution from his parents.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:00pm On May 08
raumdeuter:

Na from there you sabi izzou
Izzou and gold circle 😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:02pm On May 08
BlueRayDick:

What do think about Malta?

Is it a place worth it? Like if my spouse wants to school and I go as dependant; are there jobs there?

My fear is that I don't want to resign a decent paying job here, going with my spouse as dependent only to resort to jamajama job over there with no prospect of getting a better job. That's my fear with those European countries
You get am
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:02pm On May 08
Itsrm:

It is even done with 400k now.

Even with 300k now.

Modified.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:02pm On May 08
Ibime:

Malta no pure

Anything Mediterranean especially Italy, Greece and Malta, avoid

I have been to Malta and dem no get money like that. Everyday thousands of tall black guys (most likely Senegalese, Bissau etc) will line up the streets, obviously jobless and waiting for work, and Maltese builders will come and scoop a few of them for work, and will obviously pay them less than minimum wage. If you see the way they slave under hot sun ehn, the sun in Malta is scorching and can be hotter than Naija

Any European country where you see that they ignore illegal immigrants (without providing housing for them) just know they don't have economic prospect for you. They then allow
the immigrants to work illegally for pittance and turn a blind eye since they can't provide housing for them. Italy, Greece and Malta are chief amongst these

I just always have a funny feeling about that malta , in fact my mind always see it as an Asian country and not an European country .

The problem with this japa movement is that u fit see country with nice immigration settings , but they won't allow u bring spouse in. Some will allow u bring spouse but the money u will need will be a major drawback .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 9:03pm On May 08
OasisX:
grin

.....Eun oiaa! Shey you no want japa ni?!

Of course, I will lol grin. I definitely will. Only not now or anytime soon.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:07pm On May 08
Ibime:

I was trying this Ireland too as per finance and IT
Barclays prefer someone in the country not someone like me outside
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:07pm On May 08
Unlimited22:

I have found Courses that don't require anything more than an English test, with funding.

Yeah embassy Dey misbehave but it's a chance and that's why there are options.
Most schools don't require the GRE or GMAT, yet it gives an edge if you write the exam even though it is not required.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:07pm On May 08
iamoyindamola:

You get am

Make Senior man no go dey serve coffee for coffee shop after resigning job for naija wey be say dem dey serve am coffee 24/7 ni grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:10pm On May 08
BlueRayDick:

Make Senior man no go dey serve coffee for coffee shop after resigning job for naija wey be say dem dey serve am coffee 24/7 ni grin
I saw one mortuary attendance 🤣🤣
My wife say olorun maje ta lo ma we oku
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:11pm On May 08
BlueRayDick:

I just always have a funny feeling about that malta , in fact my mind always see it as an Asian country and not an European country .

The problem with this japa movement is that u fit see country with nice immigration settings , but they won't allow u bring spouse in. Some will allow u bring spouse but the money u will need will be a major drawback .

You are not wrong

The Maltese are ethnically Phoenicians (Lebanese) by ethnicity and are located not far from Sicily (Italian Mafia) who have heavy influence on them, so wuruwuru and cutting corners dey their blood
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:23pm On May 08
GrammarNazi1:

It is even done with 400k now.

Even with 300k now.

Modified.

Interesting. You know someone that does at this price? Be like this guy dey very interested cheesy

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:25pm On May 08
Itsrm:

Interesting. You know someone that does at this price? Be like this guy dey very interested cheesy
Myself and my colleague.

We're in Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:40pm On May 08
grin

.....some of achievements of hardworking, Ọrẹ Ara Ìlú, Governor of Kogi State in just 100 days. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:42pm On May 08
Eunoiaa:

Of course, I will lol grin. I definitely will. Only not now or anytime soon.

grin

.....trust you'll be well out there. If you and I dey US or UK, we no fit marry sha, cos Olúwa rẹ ma jẹ Ika abamọ las las ni.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Eunoiaa(f): 9:46pm On May 08
OasisX:
grin

.....trust you'll be well out there. If you and I dey US or UK, we no fit marry sha, cos Olúwa rẹ ma jẹ Ika abamọ las las ni.

Let me first give you the grace to explain yourself before I know what to conclude.

Are you talking about the "woke, pro-women" laws these places are supposedly known for?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:52pm On May 08
GrammarNazi1:

Myself and my colleague.

We're in Lagos.

I'll send you a DM
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:53pm On May 08
OasisX:
grin

.....some of achievements of hardworking, Ọrẹ Ara Ìlú, Governor of Kogi State in just 100 days. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

grin grin

I'm starting to see that once power is handed over to you on a platter, you tend to take it for granted. Most governors who perform are those who suffered before they got ticket and won election

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:54pm On May 08
Itsrm:

I'll send you a DM
Alright.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donzie1995: 10:02pm On May 08
OasisX:

grin

.....they should avoid Poland too. Dem go chop their money, raise their hope after interview only to be served breakfast on the day of passport collection. LOL!
Seriously? I've gotten an admission in Poland and I'm about to apply for visa application.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 10:05pm On May 08
Ibime:

Portugal no pure. Dem no get money like that, and racist attitudes dey.

Put it this way, black Portuguese run to UK for better life. That's how I met my gee from Angola I once spoke about who emigrated back to Angola

I get one guy for Portugal now sha who should be in final stages of PHD. I don't think he's doing too great from observation, but I no want too ask am question make bill no land.
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4650) (4651) (4652) (4653) (4654) (4655) (4656) ... (4760) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.