Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1601310 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4708) (4709) (4710) (4711) (4712) (4713) (4714) ... (4891) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GIoriousGboIa: 12:38am On May 26
BlueRayDick:

Na Ganduje fell out with Kwankwanso I meant jare .

Na Gandollar use him hand collect dollars na , wetin be Sanusi own inside ?
just read the nonsense you wrote and ask yourself.
Do I have Sense?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 2:05am On May 26
grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 2:35am On May 26
grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:38am On May 26
@chic2pimp

My girl Sha'Carri is unstoppable, Paris can’t come soon enough because we are sweeping the 100m and 200m events.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:41am On May 26
"Sanusi defies court order, mounts throne as King"

We are almost there!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 7:16am On May 26
izzou:
"Sanusi defies court order, mounts throne as King"

We are almost there!
Politicians have already bastardised court judgement, maybe the Judge will come and explain how he gave that order from USA...

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 7:44am On May 26
Theflint1:
Nothing dey reach Oba of Benin side, Obaseki has has kissed the ring, and should pray AI doesn't become a victim of his funny games.

grin grin,let am know

No man born of a woman can ever dethrone the oba , or make a new oba. It will never happen, it can never happen. It hasn’t happened....Aisagbonrioba!!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:57am On May 26
grin

...Oyinbo no dey fall from heaven, na women born them though. Even one Alafin of Oyo was dethroned. LOL!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 8:09am On May 26
Amigoss:

grin grin,let am know

No man born of a woman can ever dethrone the oba , or make a new oba. It will never happen, it can never happen. It hasn’t happened....Aisagbonrioba!!!!
The Oba of Benin kingship is hereditary, the next Oba of Benin is already known. I think that throne is the only true Monarchy we have in Nigeria....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:22am On May 26
OasisX:
grin

...Oyinbo no dey fall from heaven, na women born them though. Even one Alafin of Oyo was dethroned. LOL!

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:24am On May 26
🤡..Rehashing the same nonsense grin,Like the full Nigeria today will withstand a war with Britain or an invasion from them....

There was a war between the Edos and the British, and they won they did not dethrone him because if they did, they would have installed a king while he was still alive in exile But he still ruled indirectly from Calabar,message from Benin were sent to him through a telegraphic stool ..

Moreover The Oba surrendered because his kingdom has been raised down and was exiled to Calabar. Now, no one was made a new Oba like they did with Alafin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:25am On May 26
TrebleChamp:
The Oba of Benin kingship is hereditary, the next Oba of Benin is already known. I think that throne is the only true Monarchy we have in Nigeria....

💯
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:54am On May 26
Amigoss:
🤡..Rehashing the same nonsense grin,Like the full Nigeria today will withstand a war with Britain or an invasion from them....

There was a war between the Edos and the British, and they won they did not dethrone him because if they did, they would have installed a king while he was still alive in exile But he still ruled indirectly from Calabar,message from Benin were sent to him through a telegraphic stool ..

Moreover The Oba surrendered because his kingdom has been raised down and was exiled to Calabar. Now, no one was made a new Oba like they did with Alafin

The Oba of Benin surrendered, the British exiled him to Calabar and he died there.

But he was still ruling his people?

I don't history sha, but this explanation get as e be.

You fit dey correct oh.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 9:16am On May 26
How about obi of onitcha?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:16am On May 26
izzou:

The Oba of Benin surrendered, the British exiled him to Calabar and he died there.

You fit dey correct oh.

yes because they had telecomms back in the day and an exiled king in a community where he was a nobody, a stranger and a person who did not speak the language could somehow send instructions back to benin

benin to calabar is 12 hours on a good road. what was it in like to travel on foot in 1897 through uncharted bush territory?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:18am On May 26
seankafor:
How about obi of onitcha?

well, gunmen can murder anyone. no be by title . if they mean yiu, hey will get you. na small ifeanyi ubah take escape in an armored car

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:37am On May 26
TrebleChamp:

This is a very reasonable explanation . This is the only reason why the Oba cannot be derthroned because if he’s dethroned , the governor will have to install the son of the king dethroned in his father’s place .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:00am On May 26
izzou:

You fit dey correct oh.

grin

....Oba Eweka II was appointed as Chief [Administrator] of the Kingdom by colonial Government in 1902, though he became Oba after demise of his father, the dethroned Oba - simply to respect the tradition.

Oba Eweka II technically was an acting Oba, hence the gibberish that Oba Ovonramwen ruled from Exile is a big joke.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TemporaryHansel: 10:06am On May 26
BlueRayDick:

This is a very reasonable explanation . This is the only reason why the Oba cannot be derthroned because if he’s dethroned , the governor will have to install the man of the king dethroned in his father’s place .

Those laws will be simply be changed to allow outsiders become the king. Y'all forget this is Nigeria, and anything is possible in Nigeria. The oba has yet to be dethroned in recent history because they comport themselves, the day one radical fellow becomes governor, he'll depose the oba, and nothing will happen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:10am On May 26
TemporaryHansel:

Those laws will be simply be changed to allow outsiders become the king. Y'all forget this is Nigeria, and anything is possible in Nigeria. The oba has yet to be dethroned in recent history because they comport themselves, the day one radical fellow becomes governor, he'll depose the oba, and nothing will happen.

grin

......if late Ajumobi could mess up the Olubadan Stool, the best with succession plan in the country, then nothing Politicians no fit do. Thanks to Gov. Makinde that brought back sanity to the throne.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:14am On May 26
TemporaryHansel:

That will only happen if the governor has the backing of the state house of assembly . Remember most of the state house of assembly members too rever the Oba , even those that are not Edo by tribe. They respect the Benin throne.

Tho I’m not Edo , but I’ve come to realize that the Oba stool in Benin is really a reverted throne in that state and the situation over there is unlike what we have in other parts of the country .

Even this Kano own sef, most members of the state house of assembly ( mostly the NNPP members ) were down with the move of the governor simply because they believe Sanusi was unjustly removed in the first place .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 10:19am On May 26
TemporaryHansel:

I don't think that can ever happen in Benin City. I remembered when then Military Administrator Anthony Ibe Onyearugbulem tried to undermine the Oba of Benin, body tell am well well that he came to postrate and beg the Oba for forgiveness. Governors have power to dethrone kings in their State, but no Edo State Governor will ever try such with the Oba of Benin....
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:20am On May 26
OasisX:

grin

......if late Ajumobi could mess up the Olubadan Stool, the best with succession plan in the country, then nothing Politicians no fit do. Thanks to Gov. Makinde that brought back sanity to the throne.

i actually believe na ajumobi advise ganduje - as they were both 101% parapo by marriage
the whole sanusi affair had ajuombi dna all over it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 10:20am On May 26
OasisX:

grin

....Oba Eweka II was appointed as Chief [Administrator] of the Kingdom by colonial Government in 1902, though he became Oba after demise of his father, the dethroned Oba - simply to respect the tradition.

Oba Eweka II technically was an acting Oba, hence the gibberish that Oba Ovonramwen ruled from Exile is a big joke.

Long story short...there is no king or monarch in Nigeria that has never being dethroned.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 10:28am On May 26
TrebleChamp:
I don't think that can ever happen in Benin City. I remembered when then Military Administrator Anthony Ibe Onyearugbulem tried to undermine the Oba of Benin, body tell am well well that he came to postrate and beg the Oba for forgiveness. Governors have power to dethrone kings in their State, but no Edo State Governor will ever try such with the Oba of Benin....

When did that happened? cheesy

This is pure rumor.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 10:31am On May 26
Balogunodua:

When did that happened? cheesy

This is pure rumor.
ok
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:35am On May 26
GloriousGbola:

i actually believe na ajumobi advise ganduje - as they were both 101% parapo by marriage

grin

......what's happening in Kano is simply a repetition of history. Emir Muhammad Sanusi I was dethroned by Premier of Nothern Region and was replaced by Emir Muhammad Inuwa, later succeeded by Emir. Ado Bayero.

In 1981, Gov. Rimi was having a sour relationship with Emir Ado Bayero, thus he balkanized the Emirate to 4, same thing Ganduje did. He wanted to dethrone Emir Ado Bayero and reappointed Emir Muhammad Sanusi I by ordering his return from Exile but didn’t work out.

Ganduje had a template to follow, hence he followed it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PovertyStricken: 10:40am On May 26
GloriousGbola:

chai

Always dumb as usual.
I'm not surprised because I've always known you to be someone bereft of intelligence with a zero IQ.
Firstly, It's Ajimobi not Ajumobi, you keep getting dumber each day.
Now I really don't get the correlation between Ajimobi and Ganduje on traditional institutions ? Or this assumption came up cos their children wedded each other?
Like even a child in a creche could easily spot the senselessness in your posts.
Assuming you said El-rufai mis-advised Ganduje to a point it would have been understandable.
I wonder wetin consign late Ajimobi with Ganduje on removing Sanusi to install a stooge.
Later on Ishilove pocohantas Folake4u Mariangeles shaybebaby Doggedfighter Proserpina eunoiaa and even married cococandy will be somewhere deep wets in their G-string cos a certain Gbola fellow is intelligent..
I go soon leave this site go back quora cos it's hard correcting shit-heads like you everyday

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:40am On May 26
TrebleChamp:

grin

.....white lie from era to era. LOL! Why body no tell Oyinbos when they sacked Oba Ovonramwen that later died in Exile?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:41am On May 26
OasisX:

grin

......what's happening in Kano is simply a repetition of history. Emir Muhammad Sanusi I was dethroned by Premier of Nothern Region and was replaced by Emir Muhammad Inuwa, later succeeded by Emir. Ado Bayero.

In 1981, Gov. Rimi was having a sour relationship with Emir Ado Bayero, thus he balkanized the Emirate to 4, same thing Ganduje did. He wanted to dethrone Emir Ado Bayero and reappointed Emir Muhammad Sanusi I by ordering his return from Exile but didn’t work out.

Ganduje had a template to follow, hence he followed it.

i bow to your superior knowledge of history

how you are able to do this while still following the life times and knackers of big nyash yoruba actress vixens on tiktok is one of lifes great mysteries grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:42am On May 26
grin

......wuz goin on here, this seems like cross infestation. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:45am On May 26
GloriousGbola:

Making an argument with the Ajimobi-Olubadan situation in Oyo and saying it means the Oba Benin can be dethroned is disengagious .

For starters, Ajimbobi did not tamper with the succession arrangement on ground to the Olubadan stool in Ibadan. All he did was make all the principal chiefs Obas. While they were waiting and bidding their time to be next in line , he made them kings . For example , the Otun Olubadan was made an Oba even though he still remains the next in line to the Olubadan throne . The reason he elevated these chiefs to Oba’s was because these high chiefs were actually saddled with the responsibility of supervising different traditional councils that had Obas and Baales as members . Ajimobi felt it made no sense for an High chief to be supervising a council that included Obas so he thought it would be best those high chiefs themselves are made Obas while the succession arrangement of them moving in line to become next Olubadan was not tampered with.

U see the crux of the matter is , Ajimobi didn’t make a law that says the line-moving-arrangement of becoming an Olubadan was abolished .

In like manner , I honestly don’t think any governor will be mad enough to suggest making a law that tamper with the succession arrangement to the Oba of Benin throne. Like , I don’t think any governor will force a state house of assembly to make a law that suddenly increase the number of royal families in Benin to 2 , 3,4 or 5. Where dem wan manufacture the royal families ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4708) (4709) (4710) (4711) (4712) (4713) (4714) ... (4891) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Sportsweb, larride(m), User09, afrodoc2, iamoyindamola(m), BlueRayDick, A40(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.