Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,655 members, 7,878,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1621462 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4762) (4763) (4764) (4765) (4766) (4767) (4768) ... (4937) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:33pm On Jun 03
larride:

Since morning I've been flaying the govt for their own nonsense. I am 100% in support of strike. Infact if you remember our discussion about Ajaero some weeks back, I said NLC suppose don shut down the country.

Shut down the country but leave critical infrastructure like power and hospitals alone. It's a no brainers.

Doctors have been going on strike since and people have been dieing, what has changed?

The doctors always get their demands met no matter how long it takes. That's where NLC is taking their cue from now.

If u say u expected NLC to shut down the country, this is exactly what shutting down the country looks like. The seaports are currently shut down, airports, electricity , etc. That is the only way u can get the govt to take u serious.

If u think blockade of National Assembly , state government secretariat will achieve anything , that means u've not been paying close attention to happenings in this country.

If u don't do something as drastic as this to embarrass the government, they won't bulge.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03
larride:

Why? So electricity and hospital are essential infrastructure, lots of people need both to survive.

Labor should shut down govt office and secretariat.

How the electricity wan take affect politicians wey dey house? No be me and you go suffer ham? Abi no be common man dey our hospital dey.

If Labor continue like this, the way they will lose public support will surprise you.

I can assure you they won't lose my support. Make we suffer once and for all until the government does the needful.

Also, most of these hospitals have back up power anyway.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03
Larride has a point, but his alternatives na wash grin

Block National Assembly? People wey no wan work sef.

Government secretariats that resume by 9am and by 3, dem don dey click on the Start button on their system to shut down? Na dem go happy pass sef.

But he is right about losing the people, if the strike bites harder
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03
BlueRayDick:

Do u know the rate at which people die during doctors' strike when there's no war ?

I am not saying that the people should be allowed to die, but it has been proven over time that the only way to get FG's attention is to force their hand in this manner. The government has been insincere and less commital on this minimum wage issue since the past one year.

If NLC don't take some of these critical measures, the strike will just go the way of every other strike since the last few years of Buhari till this moment. The strike will just die down and everybody will continue the way things are. While flogging NLC for taking an extreme position, you should also flay FG for their own failures too

Well said
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 3:35pm On Jun 03
Don't raise your hopes too high, this ajaero fella will dunk on Nigerians again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:37pm On Jun 03
Amigoss:
Don't raise your hopes too high, this ajaero fella will dunk on Nigerians again

I tell you!

That guy na "Pump and Dump" master

Pump hopes and then dump it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03
larride:

Na FG dey hospital or what? I dont even understand what you are saying.

Grind the economy to a halt, shut down the port where they are getting money, ensure no tanker load oil, that's how you hurt them where it hurt them the most - money.

This one na self sabotage and the bulk of those that will be at the receiving end of it are ordinary citizens.

You have politicians that do not listen till it gets drastic.
That is the point.
If them never see madness, this present crop of politicians nor dey shake body
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:39pm On Jun 03
izzou:

Government secretariats that resume by 9am and by 3, dem don dey click on the Start button on their system to shut down? Na dem go happy pass sef.

The govt will even respond faster when you attack their source of revenue than any other thing. These guys care about money than any other thing and the best way to hurt them is to attack them their money.

There's a reason why when ND militants started attacking pipelines the govt took them serious and till now doctors still dey go on strike, lives are being lost and na still the same thing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:43pm On Jun 03
BlueRayDick:

The doctors always get their demands met no matter how long it takes. That's where NLC is taking their cue from now.

If u say u expected NLC to shut down the country, this is exactly what shutting down the country looks like. The seaports are currently shut down, airports, electricity , etc. That is the only way u can get the govt to take u serious.

If u think blockade of National Assembly , state government secretariat will achieve anything , that means u've not been paying close attention to happenings in this country.

If u don't do something as drastic as this to embarrass the government, they won't bulge.

When doctors strike, I hope you know it doesn't affect all other healthcare workers (if I'm wrong unlimited22 and afrodoc2 should correct me please).

Nurses, lab technicians and the likes still go to work even when doctors are on strike only that you wont be able to meet with doctors.

But when you shutdown hospital, all health workers wont be on ground. There's a huge difference between both of the situation o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:44pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:

You have politicians that do not listen till it gets drastic.
That is the point.
If them never see madness, this present crop of politicians nor dey shake body

Oya now, make we dey see.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:47pm On Jun 03
izzou:

The bold is why the NLC chose that route. They know the government will not be heartless enough to allow the strike linger too long to the extent that we will have opposition media outlet start counting number of dead bodies lost to the strike on a daily basis.

When I was in school I took one borrowed course in personnel management and I remember in one of the topics under the course they listed some of the methods which Labour unions adopt to press home their demands. Strike was like the last option which is adopted when all other methods have failed.

You need to know how tough hearted government and employers generally are in this part of the world for Labour to always adopt strike almost every time

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:49pm On Jun 03
Meanwhile, hand don touch oga landlord too. cheesy

I'm sure raumdeuter and GloriousGbola are happy now grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:52pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:53pm On Jun 03
larride:

When doctors strike, I hope you know it doesn't affect all other healthcare workers (if I'm wrong unlimited22 and afrodoc2 should correct me please).

Nurses, lab technicians and the likes still go to work even when doctors are on strike only that you wont be able to meet with doctors.

But when you shutdown hospital, all health workers wont be on ground. There's a huge difference between both of the situation o.

What do u think hospital is without a doctor? I dey tell u wetin I don experience life and direct.

Shebi it is the medications doctors who examine u prescribe that nurses on ground will administer. If Lab technicians are on ground, will u just carry urself to lab technician and ask them to conduct test that was not recommended by a doctor ? grin

Baba, even if one is on admission and requires close monitoring , the moment doctors' strike happens such a person is on his own. There's little or nothing the nurses can do to help that person. Nurses are not doctors o; either u go to a private hospital or be managing the case at home ni o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:53pm On Jun 03
Lol

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 3:55pm On Jun 03
Lol again

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:55pm On Jun 03
MURIC says no to strike. lol grin

They should declare MURIC an arm of APC make everybody rest

https://www.nairaland.com/8113360/muslims-say-no-nlc-tuc
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 3:57pm On Jun 03
Sulele04:

E no even hard to dey spot una propaganda.
It is literally this same line every Apc goons are spreading on all social media platform.

The same basic rubbish.

Are hospitals supposed to be under national grid ?, or like this strike was something sudden like it couldn't be prevented ?, or you would have suggested Nepa shouldn't have joined the strike or should have joined but to leave the supply on & unattended to so they will return to blown equipments & stations. So whose fault is it ?

It in this same country under the rule of this same party that Residents doctors went on strike for 4 months in 2021 I am sure you didn't care about the people affected then, it is suddenly now that you care.

Like it is the issue, honestly Nigerian politicians will never change when we they have people like you, always present to write rubbish think pieces.
Return of Alfa sulele....

cheesy grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:57pm On Jun 03
larride:

grin grin grin grin

You know the situation is critical when people like my landlord increase rent. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:58pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:
Lol

Lobatan
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:01pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

I'm sure ramdeuter and GloriousGbola are happy now grin

You don dey cheat on landlord daughter abi she ask you money for bone straight and you declined
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

Lobatan
Lmao.. You can't blackmail people with what is already our reality in this country.

It's actually insulting sef because these are issues doctors have continously talked about for years and no words from FG

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:05pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

The man say he no want piece meal by piece meal rent grin

The letter is very brief and straight forward; he even provide alternatives sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 03
GrammarNazi1:

It is a pity that some states can't pay the current 30k minimum wage, when even a POS vendor pays around 30k monthly for an attendant.

If a state cannot pay a living minimum wage, let the state look for solutions. If the state is too lazy to look for solutions, it may lay off workers.

Workers should begin to think out of the box and become employers of labour too instead of earning a paltry minimum wage that cannot even take care of a new born baby.
Isn't this illegal?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:07pm On Jun 03
As if the poor dey enjoy the light before or the critical infrastructure dey depend on FG before.

Omo make everything shut down make we all face who dey do us
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 03
Theflint1:
Isn't this illegal?
I mean workers can quit and start up a business instead of relying on a measly salary.

I just realised that I didn't properly word that part of the post.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:09pm On Jun 03
That was fast😮‍💨.

Ajaero do sell us out fast

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sulele04(m): 4:09pm On Jun 03
Segedinho:

Return of Alfa sulele....

cheesy grin
Lol big man. cheesy

Ui go kuku resume next week sef so hopefully the government does the needful & they call off this strike soonest.

I never recover from the last ASUU strike.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:10pm On Jun 03
raumdeuter:

You don dey cheat on landlord daughter abi she ask you money for bone straight and you declined

No be only daughter. Like every other person, take home is no longer taking oga landlord home cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:13pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

You know the situation is critical when people like my landlord increase rent. grin

The situation in the country is beyond critical. Na why I dey tell you and Blueray for morning say wetin that man dey yarn for that interview ma medium/long term solution.

Minimum wage need to increase immediately to at least help workers to survive.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sulele04(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:
Lol
Nah this one dey vex me pass cause Uch didn't have light for over a month or so.

It is was literally a mess between Ibedc & Uch.

I don't think anybody gave a fuccckkk then, nah now dem wan dey blackmail people emotionally.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:15pm On Jun 03
sod09:

Boss
S1
https://driveseed.org/list/12a63fd0e24b0fd727fd6b51907cea98xMAjsTszZi

S2
https://driveseed.org/file/oueDwkzaW3

The link has expired, I only downloaded season 1 on saturday on my personal data. Help me share the link again so I can downlad season 2.

And any other one wey u get again

(1) (2) (3) ... (4762) (4763) (4764) (4765) (4766) (4767) (4768) ... (4937) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Olowunl01, PendragonVII and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.