Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,135 members, 7,970,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:05 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1921684 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4767) (4768) (4769) (4770) (4771) (4772) (4773) ... (5388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:08pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

100k is no longer what you think it is. If you come back to Naija today, you will blow that 100k faster than you'll finish one cigarette cheesy
Nor make me cry abegšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:08pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaoo.. They will manage it sef at this point because with the cost of living, that money no go do much.

Make the government go block leakage because e plenty dieeee

Solution to cost of living cannot be to increase wages. If you had scant hope that this government could somehow roku to reduce inflation, you might as well kiss it goodbye when you quintuple a cleaner's salary from 30k to 150k, and bringing their earning power into parity with the lower end of skilled labour.

Hyperinflation aside, that's going to wreak havoc on societal dynamics. It's an unspoken rule because of how unchristianlike it is to say, but I-better-pass-my -neigbour is an integral component of maintaining social class order.

If you bump cleaner salaries into 150k fresh graduate territory, without bumping fresh grads up into mid-career earning territory and so on, you're going to have a very unhappy professional class -:and this is typically the sector of society that produces the biggest threat to any government.

I don't think 100k minimum wage of feasible in Nigeria, but then again I don't think Nigeria itself is a feasible contraption, so who knows?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:08pm On Jun 03
raumdeuter:

I don't blame Labor too

Because they waited for 1yr and no one seemed to be doing anything

I dont blame Labour at all.

Infact Ajaero gave them enough time before this strike.

They were busying doing nonsense up and down. I cant believe it that Tinubu drop the ball on this considering the fact that he knew that there should be a new minimum wage by April 19, he said before the end of May, we will have a new minimum wage but those he appointed were just doing nothing.

They deserve whatever Ajaero is doing to them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:10pm On Jun 03
nihilistjnr:

Solution to cost of living cannot be to increase wages. If you had scant hope that this government could somehow roku to reduce inflation, you might as well kiss it goodbye when you quintuple a cleaner's salary from 30k to 150k, and bringing their earning power into parity with the lower end of skilled labour.

Hyperinflation aside, that's going to wreak havoc on societal dynamics. It's an unspoken rule because of how unchristianlike it is to say, but I-better-pass-my -neigbour is an integral component of maintaining social class order.

If you bump cleaner salaries into 150k fresh graduate territory, without bumping them up into mid-career earning territory, you're going to have a very unhappy professional class -:and this is typically the sector of society that produces the biggest threat to any government.

I don't think 100k minimum wage of feasible in Nigeria, but then again I don't think Nigeria itself is a feasible contraption, so who knows?

They should find a middle ground between 70 - 100k.

That 60k might not cut it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:11pm On Jun 03
larride:

The comparison makes no sense baba Sege.

The NASS entire budget is 325billion and that includes both their capital and recurrent expenditure.

Our salary, wages and pension in our recurrent expenditure is over 5 trillion naira with the current minimum.

Increase minimum wage to 100k and our wages, salaries and allowance in our recurrent expenditure will balloon to over 8 trillion now.

NASS members plus aide and all no even reach 2k but the FG has over 700k employees under it. State Govt has their own employees too and then organized private sector too.

Nigeria has an workforce of over 70m people according to statista.
See. Baba.

If I see u dey earn such an amount and in reality u are offering nothing..I go vex wella.

That is exactly what is at play....if Nigeria is extremely broke,why can't they sacrifice as well...........

This problem was created d very first day......that subsidy brouhaha only came to destroy with no remedy......

No amount of minimum wage can solve that problem.......IMO.

The problem can only be solved if and only if prices of item crashes otherwise OYO for everyone
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:11pm On Jun 03
OasisX:

.....question is; do you really think Labour Union is ready to accept between ā‚¦70k and ā‚¦100k?!

FG propose ā‚¦60k, Labour Union is demanding ā‚¦495k. Its easier for FG to agree ā‚¦100k than Labour to say yes to anything less down ā‚¦250k.

That's why I said both of them should stop whining themselves and seat down sincerely and come to an agreement.

I dont blame labour though, that committee has taken them for granted for almost 6 month now. Na now their day just dey break. Make Labor sef use them play small.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:11pm On Jun 03
nihilistjnr:

If you bump cleaner salaries into 150k fresh graduate territory, without bumping them up into mid-career earning territory, you're going to have a very unhappy professional class -:and this is typically the sector of society that produces the biggest threat to any government.

The government doesn't have to be told that just wage increase is the end nau.
If you and I know this, shouldn't the government already know it.

But the people have also waited for a whole year and the price of things has risen beyond comprehension.

So my question to you is, what would you have the citizens do?
Keep waiting or at the very minimum get some relief while the government hopefully does what every normal thinking human being expects them to do
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:12pm On Jun 03
Segedinho:

See. Baba.

If I see u dey earn such an amount and in reality u are offering nothing..I go vex wella.

That is exactly what is at play....if Nigeria is extremely broke,we can't they sacrifice as well...........

This problem was created d very first day......that subsidy brouhaha only came to destroy with no remedy......

No amount of minimum wage can solve that problem.......IMO.

The problem can only be solved if and only if prices of item crashes otherwise OYO for everyone

grin

.....simple as ABC.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:12pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. We both know state government won't pay that amount, but the salary will rise for some of them while the rest of the federal workers will earn more.

Again, this is nothing compared to what those people really deserve.
Guy 5 pieces of plantain na 3k or 4k depending on where you dey.

I'm in full support of increase in minimum wage o, infact if I have my way I go approve 100k this night, the koko is the organized private sector, them no go gree.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:14pm On Jun 03
larride:

That's why I said both of them should stop whining themselves and seat down sincerely and come to an agreement.

I dont blame labour though, that committee has taken them for granted for almost 6 month now. Na now their day just dey break. Make Labor sef use them play small.

....Workers deserve increment no doubt but not that outrageous amount Labour Union is quoting. ā‚¦70k is ok, then pressure should be on FG to reduce Inflation drastically.

Temporary measure should be opening of borders until we are ready to plant what we eat.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:14pm On Jun 03
OasisX:
grin

.....and this one thinks increment in minimum wage is all we need now. Eyes go soon clear. Sebi prices of commodities and services will remain the same bĆ”?!

If Labour Union are really serious, they should have demanded for implementation of Policies that will reduce Inflation to barest minimum.

If opening of borders is best way to achieve it, so be it. I can easily predict the outcome, more money, but same value in the end.

What is the FG doing to reduce inflation? Why should labor be demanding the FG to implement policies to reduce inflation when that's what any sane government should be actively doing?

Abeg make we no transfer the failures of the government to implement policies to battle inflation on labor.

On this minimum wage issue, NLC and TUC don try (Apart from the outrageous amount they are calling anyways grin )
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:15pm On Jun 03
OasisX:
grin

......emotional blackmailing yĆ­ nį»ni bi afi į¹£e. Which one be defending Tinubu like it will be hard for FG to implement any agreed minimum wage.

Can a POS Shop Owner pays his Attendant even ā‚¦100,000 salary?! Or the matter no concern workers of private businesses?!
t
Talk wetin u know..

Minimum wage is 30k POS workers are still being paid 18k as at today.......

What then is the correlation bw 100k minimum wage n Pos worker

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:16pm On Jun 03
The major issue we pray for is the government to tackle inflation.
That is what is killing us.
Let this currency have value and 100k will do alot. Infact even 70k will do alot.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:16pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:

But everything is being shown.
The executive ooo.. The legislature.

I personally believe nothing is impossible to rectify.
If citizens actually go mad, that same nass will let go of alot of their salaries.
Na we as citizens just dey docile.
See how fast it took to get to the airports.
Kasala burst today, how many politicians go escape?

Bros na NASS dey dictate their own salary themselves o. Goodluck on that agenda.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:17pm On Jun 03
Segedinho:
t
Talk wetin u know..

Minimum wage is 30k POS workers are still being paid 18k as at today.......

What then is the correlation bw 100k minimum wage n Pos worker

grin

......bruh you really don't get it?! The matter on the table is unified minimum wage for FG, SG, and Private Businesses bro. LOL
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

No, you're missing the point. Look at the progression from 1999. Compare the % increase in their budget which you'll assume reflects economic realities and the % increase in minimum wage.

No one is saying a worker on minimum wage should earn the same as a senator.

But their budget includes their capital expenditure now, it's not all just Nass member salary. It includes their capital expenditures and all their aides salary.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 9:17pm On Jun 03
OasisX:

grin

.....simple as ABC.
It is obvious baba..

The problem is there and the only way to solve it is subsidy....

Then plan towards removing it by putting things in place.........
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:18pm On Jun 03
larride:

What is the FG doing to reduce inflation? Why should labor be demanding the FG to implement policies to reduce inflation when that's why an same government should be actively doing?

Abeg make we no transfer the failures of the government to implement policies to battle inflation on labor.

On this minimum wage issue, NLC and TUC don try (Apart from the outrageous amount they are calling anyways grin )

Omo.. You dey try.. Good luck šŸ™Œ
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:18pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:
The major issue we pray for is the government to tackle inflation.
That is what is killing us.
Let this currency have value and 100k will do alot. Infact even 70k will do alot.

grin

....make I quote directly cos seem we are getting on the same page gradually. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:19pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:

But the people have also waited for a whole year and the price of things has risen beyond comprehension.

Keep waiting or at the very minimum get some relief while the government hopefully does what every normal thinking human being expects them

We've been facing a cost of living crisis here for the last 3 years. What the UK government did would be considered suicidal in Nigeria, but they created an environment to remove money from circulation and stick to reducing inflation no matter the cost.

The consequences have been profound. Job markets have been decimated. Record number of companies have gone insolvent. Hundreds of thousands if not in the millions have been laid off. Entire councils (like states) announced bankruptcy. Birmingham City Council (the 2nd biggest in the country) went bust trying to implement equal pay between male and female staff

The cure for inflation is incredibly bitter. If Tinubu even dared to think about it, he would probably be shot on sight.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:19pm On Jun 03
larride:

Bros na NASS dey dictate their own salary themselves o. Goodluck on that agenda.

This na the actual agenda I get.
I genuinely hope say the anger of people fit dey weaponized to reset some things.

But alas, just wishful thinking
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:20pm On Jun 03
Segedinho:

It is obvious baba..

The problem is there and the only way to solve it is subsidy....

Then plan towards removing it by putting things in place.........

....to be honest, the Administration is damn slow, I expect things to be better by now, but I still hope it can get better.

Inflation must be brought down anyhow they wanna go about it, that's what we need in Nigeria now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:21pm On Jun 03
nihilistjnr:

100-150k minimum wage for a lastma street sweeper or LGA cleaner sounds insane sha.

Thatā€™s because u still Dey use olden days eyes to look the Naira value .

When minimum wage was increased to N18,000, a bag of foreign rice was sold for around N9,500 which means a minimum wage earnerā€™s salary can buy almost 2 bags of rice .

Today minimum wage is N30,000 and it can barely buy half bag of rice .

Nigeria don hard gan and the government seem not to have solution. The political class keep making adjustments to their own income in line with inflationary rates , but why canā€™t they do same for the masses ?

Why did the office of Chief of staff have an increased allocation from what it was under Buhariā€™s govt but same canā€™t be done for the masses in the workforce ?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03
nihilistjnr:

We've been facing a cost of living crisis here for the last 3 years. What the UK government did would be considered suicidal in Nigeria, but they created an environment to remove money from circulation and stick to reducing inflation no matter the cost.

The consequences have been profound. Job markets have been decimated. Record number of companies have gone insolvent. Hundreds of thousands if not in the millions have been laid off. Entire councils (like states) announced bankruptcy. Birmingham City Council (the 2nd biggest in the country) went bust trying to implement equal pay between male and female staff

The cure for inflation is incredibly bitter. If Tinubu even dared to think about it, he would probably be shot on sight.

We said the same thing when they removed subsidy.
I thought this country would burn after a few months.
One year later we adjusted.
This is with the extravagant spending of the FG.

You underestimate the current Nigerian's ability to take punishment.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:23pm On Jun 03
larride:

What is the FG doing to reduce inflation? Why should labor be demanding the FG to implement policies to reduce inflation when that's what any sane government should be actively doing?

......that's why check and balance is relevant. Humans are the ones leading us not AI. Less down 5,000 people can't be wiser than 200m people.

If they ain't getting it right, we can call them to order.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 03
liveLongNprospa:

Keep waiting or at the very minimum get some relief while the government hopefully does what every normal thinking human being expects them to do
Peter Obi's suggestion on paying employees per hour might actually fix this thing, maybe APC adopts it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:29pm On Jun 03
nihilistjnr:

The number one driver of our own inflation is FOOD. Workers spend 60% of their salary on food.

Currently to buy pepper and tomato na war. Yam, beans, garri and the likes are not smiling.

You'd think a reasonable government will declare an emergency on agriculture but alas even the Minister for Agriculture no even sabi wetin he dey do.

Input in the high cost of petrol and diesel which has made transportation even higher (this also contribute to the high cost of food) and you will see that our inflation is very easy to tackle if our government is sincere.

On this economy issue, Tinubu don fall my hand big time.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:30pm On Jun 03
Itsrm:

100k is no longer what you think it is. If you come back to Naija today, you will blow that 100k faster than you'll finish one cigarette cheesy

Around early April , a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey is about 51k in store . Thatā€™s not Hennessy o , not Martel o.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03
OasisX:

....to be honest, the Administration is damn slow, I expect things to be better by now, but I still hope it can get better.

Inflation must be brought down anyhow they wanna go about it, that's what we need in Nigeria now.

Very slow and sometimes clueless.

Sometimes it even seems as if they dont even know their priorities.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03
OasisX:

......that's why check and balance is relevant. Humans are the ones leading us not AI. Less down 5,000 people can't be wiser than 200m people.

If they ain't getting it right, we can call them to order.

That's why Labor dey on strike currently now, maybe just maybe their head will be correct.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:33pm On Jun 03
larride:

The number one driver of our own inflation is FOOD. Workers spend 60% of their salary on food.

Currently to buy pepper and tomato na war. Yam, beans, garri and the likes are not smiling.

You'd think a reasonable government will declare an emergency on agriculture but alas even the Minister for Agriculture no even sabi wetin he dey do.

Input in the high cost of petrol and diesel which has made transportation even higher (this also contribute to the high cost of food) and you will see that our inflation is very easy to tackle if our government is sincere.

On this economy issue, Tinubu don fall my hand big time.

Declaring emergency on agriculture won't work because of insecurity especially in the North.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:34pm On Jun 03
BlueRayDick:

Thatā€™s because u still Dey use olden days eyes to look the Naira value .

When minimum wage was increased to N18,000, a bag of foreign rice was sold for around N9,500 which means a minimum wage earnerā€™s salary can buy almost 2 bags of rice .

Today minimum wage is N30,000 and it can barely buy half bag of rice .

Nigeria don hard gan and the government seem bit to have solution. The political class keep making adjustments to their own income in line with inflationary rates , but why canā€™t they do same for the masses ?

Why did the office of Chief of staff have an increased allocation from what it was under Buhariā€™s govt but same canā€™t be done for the masses in the workforce ?

You are conflating a political issue with an economic one.

Election costs millions of dollars in expenditure and alliances. Politicians must recoup. That's the unfortunate nature of the beast that there's no point arguing.

The issue here is whether trebling or quintipling minimum wage is a feasible solution to a cost of living crisis driven by inflation. There's no upper limit on the cost of goods and services, so when retailers hear that cleaners are now earing 100k, prices will go up and only find equilibrium when the purchasing power of 100k is on par with the old 30k salary...and then what happens next? Another strike?

I don't envy anybody involved because I don't think there's a solution that works for everybody on the horizon.. Nigeria is just too fĆ¼ckef at the current time. That's why I've been a japa proponent for a long time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4767) (4768) (4769) (4770) (4771) (4772) (4773) ... (5388) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mƩs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: iamoyindamola(m), BlueRayDick, Amoto94(m), Itsrm(m), Amigoss, Shegzdave, PendragonVII, Segedinho(m), GloriousGbola, afrodoc2 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.