Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,194 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1602338 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4789) (4790) (4791) (4792) (4793) (4794) (4795) ... (4895) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chic2pimp(m): 9:44pm On Jun 06
iamoyindamola:
Chic2pimp
Mumugate have done it again
Football will lose it way in quarter final
Rice will over work that’s why I am hoping they lose in the quarterfinals

Bro what did Southgate do wrong?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 9:46pm On Jun 06
nihilistjnr:

Nothing in your picture was made in Nigeria.
The company is opening a factory in Aba and those are samples from them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:46pm On Jun 06
chic2pimp:

Bro what did Southgate do wrong?
Midfield is weak
Attack to much , removing Toney will accommodate one more midfielder
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 9:50pm On Jun 06
Ellexy:
The company is opening a factory in Aba and those are samples from them.

Samples from where?

What company is trying to open a factory and is producing samples...but doesn't have a website, or social media presence?

Can you show us where Comfort Stevens Industries is located anywhere in the world? Or is it a win simply because Alex Otti of Labour Party took pictures with an importer of dagbo Chinese shoes?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 10:02pm On Jun 06
nihilistjnr:

Samples from where?

What company is trying to open a factory and is producing samples...but doesn't have a website, or social media presence?

Can you show us where Comfort Stevens Industries is located anywhere in the world? Or is it a win simply because Alex Otti of Labour Party took pictures with an importer of dagbo Chinese shoes?
https://hallmarknews.com/gov-otti-harps-on-need-for-conducive-environment-as-foreign-shoemaker-comfort-stevens-sets-to-open-factory-in-abia/?amp=1

If they want to have a production facility in Aba, isn't it a good thing. From importing their products to actually manufacturing them here. They're targeting December to commission the factory sef.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:11pm On Jun 06
nihilistjnr:

Samples from where?

assembled in china, branded in nigeria

Comfort Stevens Industries " a collaboration between US, Chinese, and Brazilian companies' and a 'foreign footwear giant' has no online footprint beyond the news articles

https://www.google.com/search?q=Comfort+Stevens+Industries+

this reminds me of one time when we were buying some UPS sold in nigeria and i decided to do research on if they had UL rating. [most of these sensitve oyibo equipment come with warnings that warranty will not be honoured in the event of power issues] .dead end. a large number of products sold in nigeria simply do not actually exist in the real world. you will learn that quickly if you are trying to source oem spares by yourself or confirm their origin for documentation purposes.

to be fair na the same format cosmas maduka ran back in the day. he used the name coscharis, which sounded foreign and bamboozled the govt officials at the time.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 10:18pm On Jun 06
Ellexy:
https://hallmarknews.com/gov-otti-harps-on-need-for-conducive-environment-as-foreign-shoemaker-comfort-stevens-sets-to-open-factory-in-abia/?amp=1

If they want to have a production facility in Aba, isn't it a good thing. From importing their products to actually manufacturing them here. They're targeting December to commission the factory sef.

What I asked is where Comfort Stevens Industries office is. The article you posted described them as a shoemaker...well, where do they you know...make shoes? grin

These niggas are not opening any stupid factory in Nigeria. A Chinese dagbo merchant is looking to come and build a sweatshop here to build dagbo shoes with slave labour, and they found a connect to governor to get cheap land and protection...most likely in return for kickbacks.

That's why I said you might not be aware of Temu.

BTW, I also won't be surprised if the business turns out to be a front for something more lucrative...like the drug trade

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 10:23pm On Jun 06
GloriousGbola:

assembled in china, branded in nigeria

Comfort Stevens Industries " a collaboration between US, Chinese, and Brazilian companies' and a 'foreign footwear giant' has no online footprint beyond the news articles

https://www.google.com/search?q=Comfort+Stevens+Industries+

this reminds me of one time when we were buying some UPS sold in nigeria and i decided to do research on if they had UL rating. [most of these sensitve oyibo equipment come with warnings that warranty will not be honoured in the event of power issues] .dead end. a large number of products sold in nigeria simply do not actually exist in the real world. you will learn that quickly if you are trying to source oem spares by yourself or confirm their origin for documentation purposes.

to be fair na the same format cosmas maduka ran back in the day. he used the name coscharis, which sounded foreign and bamboozled the govt officials at the time.

There's no local market for Aba-made shoes that would justify foreign investment in a facility that aims to produce 15k shoes a day.

Which probably some way to explaining why we can't see evidence of comfort stevens have facilities to produce even a shoe a day.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:23pm On Jun 06
nihilistjnr:

What I asked is where Comfort Stevens Industries office is. The article you posted described them as a shoemaker...well, where do they you know...make shoes? grin

These niggas are not opening any stupid factory in Nigeria. A Chinese dagbo merchant is looking to come and build a sweatshop here to build dagbo shoes with slave labour, and they found a connect to governor to get cheap land and protection...most likely in return for kickbacks.

That's why I said you might not be aware of Temu.

BTW, I also won't be surprised if the business turns out to be a front for something more lucrative...like the drug trade

i want to disagree with you - but wetin fully industrialized brazilian and chinese dey find for naija, when it is far cheaper and simpler for them to make shoes in their own country? manufacturing moves to where it is cheaper.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:48pm On Jun 06

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:56pm On Jun 06
For those in lagos. This may be worth a trial. Learnt the founders came from paystack

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 10:57pm On Jun 06
raumdeuter:
They say Israel doesnt want the smoke yet they are about to finish most of Iran military brass

Anyone google what happened to Saeed Aviar this week

https://syrianobserver.com/syrian-actors/syria-today-iran-vows-revenge-for-syria-strike-syrian-man-attacks-us-embassy-in-beirut.html

https://www.timesofisrael.com/irans-guard-head-vows-revenge-for-syria-strike-israel-will-pay-for-the-bloodshed/
only idiots will believe Israel is scared of Iran grin,if Iran get mind let them gather their terrorist commanders under one roof again. See wether Israel will not smoke them .

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chic2pimp(m): 12:32am On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

Midfield is weak
Attack to much , removing Toney will accommodate one more midfielder

How is the midfield weak? Who do you think should have made it that didn't?

Toney is pretty much our best penalty taker so He was always going to go. Also He plays better for the 3 lions than Ollie Watkins for example.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 3:31am On Jun 07
raumdeuter:

Nothing is cast in law it depends on how he argues his case

The dead man threw a punch at him and he can claim he feared for his life

In the case of OJ Simpson and Trayvon Martin that was where I knew anyone can get away with anything as long as you argue it
Only a terrible lawyer will lose this kin case. I can clearly see him loading up his gun right before the argument started right beside the truck. Then when you consider how many times he shot. Only a police officer can get away with that kin murder.

Put me there I can prove the murder is premeditated sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 5:28am On Jun 07
raumdeuter:

To state the facts clearly and remove all sensationalism and propaganda
Are you trolling APC?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:07am On Jun 07
These are basic things that are this expensive.

This isn't fair man

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:19am On Jun 07
Itsrm:

Abi. Even pensioners

Meanwhile, MAGA is slowly hitting my target. Good decision not to chase it. Crypto will teach you patience cheesy

You are right about MAGA, the hype went to TROG another Trump memecoin though I believe MAGA will still go back up and reach new ATH.

Meanwhile buy some NOT and leave somewhere, that coin will cook and will get to $1. You'll just be patient.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:23am On Jun 07
chic2pimp:

Toney is pretty much our best penalty taker so He was always going to go. Also He plays better for the 3 lions than Ollie Watkins for example.
Unless mainoo or the palace guy start ahead of Arnold the midfield is weak
You can't have Rice, Arnold and Bellingham in the midfield against teams like Portugal, Germany and France they will beat craze out of them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:23am On Jun 07
chic2pimp:

Toney a better PK taker than Kane?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:25am On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

Unless mainoo or the palace guy start ahead of Arnold the midfield is weak
You can't have Rice, Arnold and Bellingham in the midfield against teams like Portugal, Germany and France they will beat craze out of them

Liverpool Arnold?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:26am On Jun 07
larride:

Liverpool Arnold?
Yes he's playing midfield in England
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 6:35am On Jun 07
liveLongNprospa:

This isn't fair man
In most of these things.....our mega marts make as much as 80% in profit per item.
Dont be suprised if the wholesale unit cost is at 3000.

We need to do better as a people...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:48am On Jun 07
liveLongNprospa:

This isn't fair man

On my birthday around 2017 or 2018 ( I can’t remember the exact year again ). One of our vendors gifted me a nice OUD perfume(The kinda perfume that announces ur arrival without people seeing u) . After I finished that particular perfume that was gifted me , I decided to adopt it as my personal smell and started buying it for my use.

I started buying for 7,500 that time .The last time I bought it around April this year , the price is now 28,500. 🀯

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 6:51am On Jun 07
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:52am On Jun 07
Tochex101:

In most of these things.....our mega marts make as much as 80% in profit per item.
Dont be suprised if the wholesale unit cost is at 3000.

We need to do better as a people...

This is not true at all! Which mega mart do u know that adds 80% profit margin on its products ? Just name one ; is it Spar, ShopRite, blenco, prince ebeano, grand square , market square , super saver, Jendol, Justrite , etc ?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:54am On Jun 07
EmmanuelScott1:
Master strategist unah πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

https://www.nairaland.com/8116953/naira-crash-nigeria-secures-fresh

Alaye float Naira and it leads to Naira crash . Now alaye is borrowing money to stop the Naira from crashing .

What a master strategist!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 7:17am On Jun 07
larride:

Harry Kane's conversion rate is 87% while Toney is at 94%. Kane has taken far more penalties than Toney though, so Toney's conversion might diminish a little if he had to take as many as Kane. They are both excellent penalty takers though, with conversion rates well above average.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:18am On Jun 07
larride:

You are right about MAGA, the hype went to TROG another Trump memecoin though I believe MAGA will still go back up and reach new ATH.

Meanwhile buy some NOT and leave somewhere, that coin will cook and will get to $1. You'll just be patient.

It will definitely run once attention returns to it. We buy when no one is buying and sell when they start buying.

If I must buy NOT, it will have to pull back significantly. Once I've missed a runner, I don't chase it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:20am On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

Alaye float Naira and it leads to Naira crash . Now alaye is borrowing money to stop the Naira from crashing .

What a master strategist!

The last one he borrowed, cardi B don spend am finish and now he don borrow another one. πŸ˜ƒ

We need his brain and not the body 😎

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33am On Jun 07
larride:

Yes it's like kane scoring 8/10 while Toney scored 4/5
They just pack people for attack their defence na freak show
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:39am On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

This is not true at all! Which mega mart do u know that adds 80% profit margin on its products ? Just name one ; is it Spar, ShopRite, blenco, prince ebeano, grand square , market square , super saver, Jendol, Justrite , etc ?

He could be very right.

One of the strategies of those businesses is to commit a huge financial base to a product, and they get a much lower cost price. That way, a 100% profit would not even show to the consumer

Shoprite can pay for 10 million bottles of Coke. NBC may decide to sell for them at 1 naira per bottle. If they sell it at 30 naira, you would think it is cheap. But they cashed out well.

The ambience, their properties, structures, services, insurance, marketing...Do you really think it is 30 naira profit that is taking care of it?

What you call cheap as a customer, could be something the seller got a 300% profit from
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:05am On Jun 07
izzou:

He could be very right.

One of the strategies of those businesses is to commit a huge financial base to a product, and they get a much lower cost price. That way, a 100% profit would not even show to the consumer

Shoprite can pay for 10 million bottles of Coke. NBC may decide to sell for them at 1 naira per bottle. If they sell it at 30 naira, you would think it is cheap. But they cashed out well.

The ambience, their properties, structures, services, insurance, marketing...Do you really think it is 30 naira profit that is taking care of it?

What you call cheap as a customer, could be something the seller got a 300% profit from

What u described here is totally different from what he claimed in his post.

He claimed mega marts buy items and add 80% profit margins on it thereby making the product expensive unnecessarily to the final consumer .

Now what u explained up there is mega marts leveraging on economies of scale. They negotiate with producers to sell to them at a cheaper price because they are buying in large quantities so they can sell at almost same price with other wholesalers/retailers . The mart has not done any wrong doing this . In fact it is a commensalism relationship between the producer and the mart . Neither is the final consumer suffering by paying a higher price .

He alluded that mega marts deliberately hike prices and I’m asking him to show such instances and maybe mention such products he thinks they do that on

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4789) (4790) (4791) (4792) (4793) (4794) (4795) ... (4895) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: wman(m), LordAdam16, GloriousGbola and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.