Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,988 members, 7,949,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:57 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1852653 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4793) (4794) (4795) (4796) (4797) (4798) (4799) ... (5265) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:13pm On Jun 07
Ibime:
Only weak niggas use gun to respond to fists flying. Anybody of that mindset is a murderer.

If you can't bang fists, you can run. Running is also self protection.
They play
If the fight is not well matched nko
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:30pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

I disagree
You can slap me and the slap is fatal
I can lose my hearing or enter coma on process

Lolz. grin

See u see prison. Somebody slapped u then u shot him with a gun because u believe his slap could've led to loss of ur hearing/landed u in a coma. But did u lose ur hearing or enter coma? No, because if u did u won't have shot him in retaliation. cheesy

This ur disagreement is the reason why prisons are full because people dey assume wetin no dey inside law.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

Lolz. grin

See u see prison. Somebody slapped u then u shot him with a gun because u believe his slap could've led to loss of ur hearing/landing in a coma. But did u lose ur hearing or enter coma? No, because if u did u won't have shot him in retaliation. cheesy

This ur disagreement is the reason why prisons are full because people dey assume wetin no dey inside law.
That's why it's self defence na
For me to avoid the situation of loss of hearing pr coma I defended myself with what I have
Unless naija law is not fair on self defense their is nothing wrong in defending yourself with whatever you see

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07
liveLongNprospa:
Am I the only one seeing this shit?
For real? 🤣

And people will question NLC when they decide to shut down again..

How can we still be negotiating minimum wage and APC will be commissioning VP residence?..Where was Osinbajo living for eight years?

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:41pm On Jun 07
CrystalTiger:

And people will question NLC when they decide to shut down again..

How can we still be negotiating minimum wage and APC will be commissioning VP residence?..Where was Osinbajo living for eight years?
Wilderness

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:41pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

That's why it's self defence na
For me to avoid the situation of loss of hearing pr coma I defended myself with what I have
Unless naija law is not fair on self defense their is nothing wrong in defending yourself with whatever you see

The law is fair. The law expects u to retaliate with a force that is proportionate to the force that was used to attack u. U can't use whatever u see to defend urself.

What is not fair is u shooting a man who slapped u. The law is a reflection of the Yoruba saying " Kilagbe, Kileju" grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 4:45pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

The law is fair. The law expects u to retaliate with a force that is proportionate to the force that was used to attack u. U can't use whatever u see to defend urself.

What is not fair is u shooting a man who slapped u. The law is a reflection of the Yoruba saying " Kilagbe, Kileju" grin

Law of self defense doesn't work that way sometimes o. You protect yourself with whatever you can lay your hands on.

It only becomes premeditated manslaughter if you continue after the first hit/shot has already separated both of you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:46pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

Really
The law is not fair jare
Imagine someone like prospa to slap a lanky guy
Even if the guy retaliate and fight start
What's fair in such fight ,it can only be fair if such guy uses weapon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 4:46pm On Jun 07
larride:

Law of self defense doesn't work that way sometimes o. You protect yourself with whatever you can lay your hands on.

It only becomes premeditated manslaughter if you continue after the first hit/shot has already separated both of you.
Thank you
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:54pm On Jun 07
larride:

Read the below carefully and focus on the bold.

In the case of MOHAMMED V. STATE (2020) LPELR-50919(CA), the Court of Appeal stated as follows:

"The defence of self defence is clearly a child of necessity. It is a defence that is not pleaded as a matter of course, but one in which the defendant is expected to establish that he was at the time of the killing in reasonable apprehension of death to himself or grievous harm and that it was necessary at the time to use the force which resulted in the death of the deceased in order to preserve his life. As an important aspect of the force used by the defendant must be shown to be proportionate to the force used or imminently threatened against him and reasonable in the circumstances in which it was used. The defense of self-defense, of course is not available where the person attacked used a greater degree of force than was necessary in repelling the attack."

In the case of GEORGE v. STATE(1993) LPELR-1320(SC), the Supreme Court held that:

"Proportionality can be determined by the nature of the weapon used in retaliation, and the obvious disparity in the relative physical strength of the parties."

Before u can successfully plead self defence in a manslaughter case in Nigeria, this 3 elements must be satisfied:

1. There must be reasonable apprehension of death or grievous harm;
2. It was necessary to use force at that time;
3. The force used by Defendant must be proportionate to the force used or imminently threatened against him and reasonable in the circumstance.

No go shoot person wey wan slap u or wey slap u o.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:55pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

Thank you

Don't thank him o. According to judicial precedent, if u follow his advice na Sanko straight o grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

Before u can successfully plead self defence in a manslaughter case in Nigeria, this 3 elements must be satisfied:

3. The force used by Defendant must be proportionate to the force used or imminently threatened against him and reasonable in the circumstance.

grin grin grin

Raumdeuter left the Group
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

Don't thank him o. According to judicial precedent, if u follow his advice na Sanko straight o grin
Lol
Naija law is for those with levels
But truly in the case of self defense if you see you are at great disadvantage it will be fair on the law for you to take desperate measure to defend yourself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:19pm On Jun 07
Bout time
Werey ni bobo cannon yii, the guy they shoot any toto with no protection 😂😂😂

https://www.nairaland.com/8117761/nick-cannon-insures-testicles-10m
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

By the time this is happening, there might be no time to defend oneself; one may be dead before even being able to defend himself.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

All these is left for lawyers to argue now. Person wey carry 2 by 2 pako to hit you, if you shot him balls, na still self defense even though the force of the gun is greater than the stick.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:25pm On Jun 07
izzou:

grin grin grin

Raumdeuter left the Group

Raumdeuter lives in the US , their laws obviously differed from ours . Na why people wey Dey live for naija no supposed follow his school of thought otherwise, ewon na prison grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

Lol
But truly in the case of self defense if you see you are at great disadvantage it will be fair on the law for you to take desperate measure to defend yourself

No mind BlueRayDick

Person pin you for ground dey pump you blow, you dey look for where to fight fair.

Better carry the knick wey you see shook ham for him side. Proper self defense.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:27pm On Jun 07
larride:

All these is left for lawyers to argue now. Person wey carry 2 by 2 pako to hit you, if you shot him balls, na still self defense even though the force of the gun is greater than the stick.

There’s nothing for the lawyer to argue . How will the lawyer justify slap is proportionate to a bullet to the head ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:30pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

Lol

I hear u.

U people are making these arguments against pronouncement of the highest court of the land grin

Issokay o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

There’s nothing for the lawyer to argue . How will the lawyer justify slap is proportionate to a bullet to the head ?

I'm not talking about slap now. Slap no be fight now. You argue self defense in a fight.

If person slap you, you slap your own back.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by RevFrEbuka(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:
So una see through the werey hypocrisy
You are still here sod. I thought you would have been in kirikiri by now grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:47pm On Jun 07
larride:

I'm not talking about slap now. Slap no be fight now. You argue self defense in a fight.

If person slap you, you slap your own back.

Whatever the form of fight u have that leads to the death of the other party , before ur plea of self defence can be admissible they will measure the proportion of the retaliation to the initial attack on u by the deceased .

If u are not a law enforcement that is actually empowered by the law to apply force when a suspect is resisting arrest ; it will be a Herculean task for u to successfully prove ur use of superior force on the deceased is justified .

That line of reasoning of “using any means to defend urself in a fight “ has sent a lot of people to jail. A lot of people are in jail because they planked or knifed an assailant that exchanged blows with them .

This is not an academic exercise , it is the reality in naija o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 5:55pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

Whatever the form of fight u have that leads to the death of the other party , before ur plea of self defence can be admissible they will measure the proportion of the retaliation to the initial attack on u by the deceased .

If u are not a law enforcement that is actually empowered by the law to apply force when a suspect is resisting arrest ; it will be a Herculean task for u to successfully prove ur use of superior force on the deceased is justified .

That line of reasoning of “using any means to defend urself in a fight “ has sent a lot of people to jail. A lot of people are in jail because they planked or knifed an assailant that exchanged blows with them .

This is not an academic exercise , it is the reality in naija o

That's because alot of people do not have money to actually get a good lawyer or even any lawyer at all.

If someone is pummeling you with blow pinned to the ground, if you knife him or break bottle on his head somehow, it's right within self defense, you just have to get a good lawyer, that's all.

Repeated blows to the head can lead to concussion and even death, na charge and bail lawyer dey represent alot of those cases before.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:04pm On Jun 07
larride:

No mind BlueRayDick

Person pin you for ground dey pump you blow, you dey look for where to fight fair.

Better carry the knick wey you see shook ham for him side. Proper self defense.
😂😂
As in proper pummeling, which energy you wan use return such battering apart from using weapon
Be like them never slap blueraydick make him they look for wetin no lost for ground such person can you even raise hand to return the slap when you are already seeing stars
Aje I go nack am better 2 by 2 plank for head ni
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:05pm On Jun 07
RevFrEbuka:

You are still here sod. I thought you would have been in kirikiri by now grin grin
I still dey oo, Make una help me beg the aquatic one embarassed
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:10pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

I hear u.

U people are making these arguments against pronouncement of the highest court of the land grin

Issokay o
It's because it's Nigeria
If someone have the intention of inflicting injury on you, you are within your right to defend yourself in anyway you deem
You just need one or two witnesses
Something like this was on FP, where a man killed his friend after his friend first cut his 2 fingers with cutlass
He was arrested and later released and charged to court
I don't think someone like that should be in prison because I didn't know the outcome of the court hearing

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07
Democracy in the mud.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:18pm On Jun 07
iamoyindamola:

It's because it's Nigeria
If someone have the intention of inflicting injury on you, you are within your right to defend yourself in anyway you deem
You just need one or two witnesses
Something like this was on FP, where a man killed his friend after his friend first cut his 2 fingers with cutlass
He was arrested and later released and charged to court

I don't think someone like that should be in prison because I didn't know the outcome of the court hearing

The bold is what I’ve been talking about. The force the man applied in retaliation is proportionate to what his deceased friend used in attacking him.

Go and read the two cases I posted up there again.

If someone go as far as applied a machete on u infliction serious injury , u are within the ambit of the law to use equal force to defend urself. If he dies in the process u can plead self defence and it will work out fine .

But and someone engaging in a fist fight and u break his head with plank or stabbed him to death ? U will go to jail( No way out ).

The notion that u can use any means to defend urself without limits is wrong . Anybody that has that mindset will regret finding out the hard way when matter sup later .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:22pm On Jun 07
BlueRayDick:

The bold is what I’ve been talking about. The force the man applied in retaliation is proportionate to what his deceased friend used in attacking him.

Go and read the two cases I posted up there again.

If someone go as far as applied a machete on u infliction serious injury , u are within the ambit of the law to use equal force to defend urself. If he dies in the process u can plead self defence and it will work out fine .

But and someone engaging in a fist fight and u break his head with plank or stabbed him to death ? U will go to jail( No way out ).

The notion that u can use any means to defend urself without limits is wrong . Anybody that has that mindset will regret finding out the hard way when matter sup later .
So David would have gone to jail for stoning Goliath let's say it was a fist battle shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chic2pimp(m): 6:29pm On Jun 07
larride:

Toney a better PK taker than Kane?

He has a higher success rate I think. I'd have to check again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:30pm On Jun 07
chic2pimp:

He has a higher success rate I think. I'd have to check again.

Yeah afrodoc has clarified. Kane has taken more PK than him though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4793) (4794) (4795) (4796) (4797) (4798) (4799) ... (5265) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: NerdSciBot, cephasdultimate, OasisX and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.