Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,795 members, 7,905,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:24 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5060) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1715829 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5057) (5058) (5059) (5060) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:02pm
raumdeuter:

The judge who released them will know. I don't but the judge who let Kanu out on bail stated the conditions and he violated it. So what should be done to whoever violate court orders

Court orders have been on violation since OBJ eras. No be today. Why is this one different?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:04pm
izzou:
Funny, but true. grin

When I dey Uni, Towards exam time some students will be pushing for exams to be postponed others will be pushing for exams to hold

We will go for Congress, They called each side to come and make arguments for each side. Jarus was one of those who spoke in favor of exam should hold.

The same right you have to say living conditions in school were not good enough to have exams right now and claim they are defending welfare of students and holding exams now will end in mass failure. They saw gloom and doom
some will say its okay and good for them, lets have exams and move on with our lives, job market have age limits, NYSC, girls don dey get belle plenty for school etc. They saw light at the end of the tunnel

They tried a voice vote and it resorted to chaos students beating themselves

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:05pm
reccy:
Court orders have been on violation since OBJ eras. No be today. Why is this one different?

So you are defending someone who was released on bail and jumped bail right?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:08pm
izzou:

Maybe its just me, but there's some expectation of intelligence i hope to see when people comment here, especially diasporans

Maybe its because i believe you guys have seen both sides of the coin, and irrespective of whatever bias you have, you would be reasonably balanced in your views.

I did not respond to your mention because i didn't want to erase that doubt.

The protest is a Nationwide protest, supposedly going to cover 36 states.

So i ask you again, are the youths that protested in Niger and Yobe, asking for the unconditional release of Kanu?
Yebariba somebody bodo
How can I unsee this

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:10pm
Itsrm ekabo
Bawo ni exam?
Esi ayo lamagbo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:17pm
raumdeuter:

So you are defending someone who was released on bail and jumped bail right?

Nope, I'm not defending it. I'm actually pointing out the fact that violation of court orders have been in existence since return of democracy. Why is his own different?

We all were here when the previous govts (PDP/APC) gave little to no regards to court rulings. We all thought it's cool. Nobody asked for their heads. They were honoured, hailed and rewarded with different awards and positions. Why do we suddenly remember contempt of court rulings now?

If Mr President wants to prosecute him for any contempt, He should first start from himself, his cronies and the various arms of Govt who disregarded court rulings at various level under his watch. Until then,The no.5 stands!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:24pm
raumdeuter:

When I dey Uni, Towards exam time some students will be pushing for exams to be postponed others will be pushing for exams to hold

We will go for Congress, They called each side to come and make arguments for each side. Jarus was one of those who spoke in favor of exam should hold.

The same right you have to say living conditions in school were not good enough to have exams right now and claim they are defending welfare of students and holding exams now will end in mass failure. They saw gloom and doom
some will say its okay and good for them, lets have exams and move on with our lives, job market have age limits, NYSC, girls don dey get belle plenty for school etc. They saw light at the end of the tunnel

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:28pm
reccy:

Nope, I'm not defending it. I'm actually pointing out the fact that violation of court orders have been in existence since return of democracy. Why is his own different?

We all were here when the previous govts (PDP/APC) gave little to no regards to court rulings. We all thought it's cool. Nobody asked for their heads. They were honoured, hailed and rewarded with different awards and positions. Why do we suddenly remember contempt of court rulings now?

If Mr President wants to prosecute him for any contempt, He should first start from himself, his cronies and the various arms of Govt who disregarded court rulings at various level under his watch. Until then,The no.5 stands!!!

So if police stops you for overspeeding, your excuse will be that he didnt stop others overspeeding in front of you
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:35pm
raumdeuter:

So if police stops you for overspeeding, your excuse will be that he didnt stop others overspeeding in front of you

The best thing is to explain the logic behind stopping me while others are allow to continue their overspeeding!

Modified.

I'm wrong accepted. What moral do you have when you, the law enforcers, are also breaking the same law?
Others are now above the law? We are all partner in crime. No come preach wetin no gel.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:40pm
raumdeuter:

Buhari actually made Kanu a hero.

For someone who was spreading hate and instigating violence, you would expect his case to be swift and fast.

But what did he do? He kept him in prison and adjournment became the mantra.

Now, the villain is the hero. Tinubu has entered, and has continued from where Buhari stopped.

I don't blame reccy for asking for his release. Very soon, history will be changed to make Kanu a man that fought for democracy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:49pm
izzou:

Funny, but true. grin

So how come the people that protested against protest yesterday in Lagos blocked the road while protesting?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 7:51pm
Israel don throw bomb give Lebanon. Buckle up fellas.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:51pm
iamoyindamola:
Itsrm ekabo
Bawo ni exam?
Esi ayo lamagbo

Adupe o

Amin. Thanks bro
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 7:52pm
https://x.com/akin_omotayo1/status/1818023847494582696?t=HYCrtbxKr8tRk1Cb2Ow7Zg&s=19

Go through the tweets.
At this point you don't even have to be linked to igbo, it's now 'yoruba but' that is the tag for opposition in Lagos state.

This is for the beloved opp funsho Doherty 🤣
All because baba moved to pdp
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 7:55pm
izzou:

For someone who was spreading hate and instigating violence, you would expect his case to be swift and fast.

Now, the villain is the hero. Tinubu has entered, and has continued from where Buhari stopped.

I don't blame reccy for asking for his release. Very soon, history will be changed to make Kanu a man that fought for democracy.

We have many idiots on this table sir. Ranging from Uboho, kanu and the rags up north. When it comes to those up north, What did they do? They swiftly packaged some grammar under the guise of Repentant Boko Haram and released them back to the society without any plan to monitor their movement and what have you. What do we have later? The same rags going back to their dens to continue from where they stopped.

Then we have the bigger thief that have little to no regards for our courts now trying to enforce the same court order? From the onset, I said it that if the immediate needs of the common man are not addressed, a case like this will continue to prop up.

Left to me, I will dissolve this contraption called Nigeria. The forced Marriage was never ordained to prosper not even in the foreseeable future.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:03pm
reccy:

We have many idiots on this table sir. Ranging from Uboho, kanu and the rags up north. When it comes to those up north, What did they do? They swiftly packaged some grammar under the guise of Repentant Boko Haram and released them back to the society without any plan to monitor their movement and what have you. What do we have later? The same rags going back to their dens to continue from where they stopped.

Then we have the bigger thief that have little to no regards for our courts now trying to enforce the same court order? From the onset, I said it that if the immediate needs of the common man are not addressed, a case like this will continue to prop up.

Left to me, I will dissolve this contraption called Nigeria. The forced Marriage was never ordained to prosper not even in the foreseeable future.

Can you make your argument without a comparison?

I want you to try.

Just explain why he should be released
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:08pm
reccy:

The best thing is to explain the logic behind stopping me while others are allow to continue their overspeeding!

Modified.

I'm wrong accepted. What moral do you have when you, the law enforcers, are also breaking the same law?
Others are now above the law? We are all partner in crime. No come preach wetin no gel.

Which law enforcer is breaking the law? You as a citizen does not have the same right as the law enforcer, You usually see emergency services like Fire, Police break speed limits, break traffic lights in the course of their work, you as a citizen cannot do all these

So trying to equate your right to that of a law enforcer is offside like Morata
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:11pm
izzou:

Swift and fast does not depend on Buhari, it depends on the judiciary. The judge claimed his case was bailable and prominent members of the society stood as sureties for him including serving senators.

By swift and fast you mean he should be executed? Even Kabiru Sokoto was not executed, Kanus punishment most likely will be a lenghty jail term but while on trial he got bail and BAILED out
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:16pm
reccy:

What are the Rags up north, Igboho, militants and Kanu fighting for?

Kanu is for attacking Nigeria and other Nigerians of other tribes even far away from his ancestral land. Just burn everything down. He actually did carry out his threats
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Jarus(m): 8:46pm
raumdeuter:

Lol

Memories

One of my most fun days in OAU 😀

Fun, but so tension laden.

Ife na case school

The most fun part was the anti exam postponement students occupying one side of Amphi Theater and singing in Yoruba that song about students that read well and face their studies, their shoes will sound kokoka 😀 (figurative, but meaning they will have a rosy life).

The pro postponement students (mostly politically and rights conscious students) replied with their own chant “Igi Iwe, eso odo” to us, meaning with all the preparation we claimed to have done for the exam, we will still fail 😀

When the Amphi Theatre venue of the Student Union deliberations was getting rowdy towards the end, I climbed the scaffold in front of hall and was writing EXAM MUST HOLD. One pro-postponement student came to move the scaffold and I couldn’t come down after writing what I wrote. Until I cleaned what I wrote on the top wall, dem no allow me come down😀

Tbh, I was pro exam going ahead because Inwas tired of school. My mates in Unilorin had graduated and I just wanted to graduate and go, so any exam postponement would mean more time in school.

At the end of the rogbodiyan, the exam was postponed by, I think, one or two weeks.

Ife was fun sha.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 8:48pm
reccy:

At least, you are not a hypocrite who initially insulted me for pointing out the Kanu's release demand, only to subsequently show his support for it.

Like Oasisx will say, we know what we are doing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ChristineC: 8:51pm
izzou:
Maybe its just me, but there's some expectation of intelligence i hope to see when people comment here, especially diasporans

Maybe its because i believe you guys have seen both sides of the coin, and irrespective of whatever bias you have, you would be reasonably balanced in your views.

I did not respond to your mention because i didn't want to erase that doubt.
diasporans? grin grin grin
show me a more evil class against their countrymen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 9:00pm
izzou:

grin grin grin

Na true oh, bros.

You never can tell how these things get out of hand quickly

Maybe in trying to dispel protesters, stray bullet go fly, go kill small pikin wey dey inside one shop.

Before you know it, nobody go fit go outside.
True, I'm supposed to be in Nkwerre on or before the 2nd but the way I'm looking at it, omo I go dodge o
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:04pm
KingTom:

True, I'm supposed to be in Nkwerre on or before the 2nd but the way I'm looking at it, omo I go dodge o

I wan enter Abraka next week.

Still thinking if i should go.

I go customise two shirts; One for protest, and the other against it.

Depending on the group i meet on the way, i support

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by reccy(m): 9:09pm
izzou:

Can you make your argument without a comparison?

I want you to try.

Just explain why he should be released

Thank you Mr izzou grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, I feel the continual detention of Kanu is unfair in all ramifications. This is why.
If kanu is released, it can calm already volatile atmosphere in some parts of the country and can change the narratives and provide the basis for political stability in Nigeria as a whole.
Having him released and bring him to the table will go a long way to change the mindset and ease the tension in the region
This is someone that controls the narrative of millions of people. Having dialogues and negotiations with him provide efficient solutions than this shenanigans with court up and down.

It might even surprise you that south east might go on " Marchfortinubu" on August 1st. If he is released. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 9:11pm
liveLongNprospa:
https://x.com/akin_omotayo1/status/1818023847494582696?t=HYCrtbxKr8tRk1Cb2Ow7Zg&s=19

Go through the tweets.
At this point you don't even have to be linked to igbo, it's now 'yoruba but' that is the tag for opposition in Lagos state.

This is for the beloved opp funsho Doherty 🤣
All because baba moved to pdp
Lol, na dem GRV crew Doherty go be, he's even part German too...the way I see e profile, its possible he can't speak Yoruba sef.

On paper he's a solid candidate, though I haven't really seen him speaking live and direct.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:14pm
reccy:

Thank you Mr izzou grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, I feel the continual detention of Kanu is unfair in all ramifications. This is why.
If kanu is released, it can calm already volatile atmosphere in some parts of the country and can change the narratives and provide the basis for political stability in Nigeria as a whole.
Having him released and bring him to the table will go a long way to change the mindset and ease the tension in the region
This is someone that controls the narrative of millions of people. Having dialogues and negotiations with him provide efficient solutions than this shenanigans with court up and down.

It might even surprise you that south east might go on " Marchfortinubu" on August 1st. If he is released. grin grin grin grin grin

So what happens to all what he had done? What if he has plans of violence under his sleeves, when he is released?

Or we should just forget about how this guy ran a radio station, and was dishing out hate and violent vibes day to day?

Na why i blame Buhari. If this matter had been addressed back then, the whole country would have moved on.

Now, you are even seeing him as a path to peace.

Lol grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:23pm
izzou:

I am very sure we will have two different protests on August 1st..

One group protesting against hunger

Another group protesting against those protesting against hunger

grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5057) (5058) (5059) (5060) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: izzou(m), Theflint1(m), TemporaryHansel, KingTom(m), OasisX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.