Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,083 members, 7,925,426 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 03:22 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1782698 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (5182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaooo I say this particular one I won't waste my time...
Coz I know you are wasting your time.
The food you are trying to cook is rotten..

Go for more training chief grin

you mean the head i am trying to put knowledge into is empty and full of holes

you are absolutely right - engaging you is like trying to fill a basket with water - a waste of energy as it is a vessel that cannot hold knowledge

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

So you’re saying this is actually a fake article and makeup stories?

https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/bola-ahmed-tinubu-from-drug-lord

https://twitter.com/davidhundeyin/status/1548311723584565249?s=21&t=gqFZWwc_cgfI9oIYe5Qp5g

All those screenshots are fake and made up?

You’re saying Tinubu isn’t a drug baron?

He’s wasn’t bursted to be a drug trafficker in Chicago?

These the questions I’m asking, that’s what I mean by coming out clean.

You’re actually telling us that Tinubu, in moral settings, is clean and not a criminal? To the extent of asking why he would go for Funsho? Someone that was loved In Lagos and was about winning and preventing Tinubu’s godfatherism? cheesy

which argument are you looking for -

the documented argument where a 'busted drug traffiker' took the us government to court for wrongful seizure of his funds, settled out of court, forfeited less than a third of the money and had to commit to not suing the government in future? is that how busted drug barons do?

or the conjecture. bola tinubu had mr a killed, bola tinubu had mr b killed, bola tinubu had mr c killed. those are beer palour arguments my guy. especially for those of us who followed the news at the time. all funsho williams was going to win at the time was the PDP nomination. it is a long way between there and actually winning the election.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
Onitsha River Port to begin full scale barge operations and are employing Nigerians with experience. A firm from Belgium has taken over the management from FedGovt and they are employing .
Apply Here : Terminal Manager
oluwakemiasaju@onitshaport.com
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

which argument are you looking for -

the documented argument where a 'busted drug traffiker' took the us government to court for wrongful seizure of his funds, settled out of court, forfeited less than a third of the money and had to commit to not suing the government in future? is that how busted drug barons do?

or the conjecture. bola tinubu had mr a killed, bola tinubu had mr b killed, bola tinubu had mr c killed. those are beer palour arguments my guy. especially for those of us who followed the news at the time. all funsho williams was going to win at the time was the PDP nomination. it is a long way between there and actually winning the election.
Hope you know you’ve been avoiding simple questions chief?

Again I’ll ask, are you saying the investigation article, evidence and proofs of Tinubu being a drug baron are fake?

Are you saying he’s not a criminal? Wasn’t bursted to be a drug trafficker in Chicago?

Come out clean nh.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

Tinubu has nothing to do with it right?

Nothing with the 2. In the immediate aftermath those deaths the 2 people were arrested but OBJ ordered their release

Omisore was in prison on trial and won Senate election.
Obanikoro was in police detention when OBJ ordered his release. And gave him Lagos PDP ticket instead of Funshos wife Hilda

The Funsho Williams family actually banned Obanikoro and some PDP people from coming to pay condolence visit to them

Funsho Williams supporters in the PDP knowing he was killed because of PDP ticket decided to give the party ticket to his wife

But Abuja PDP overruled it and handed the ticket to Musiliu Obanikoro

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
raumdeuter:

Nothing with the 2. In the immediate aftermath those were the 2 people arrested but OBJ ordered their release

Omisore was in prison on trial and won Senate election
Obanikoro was in police detention when OBJ ordered his release. And gave him Lagos PDP ticket instead of Funshos wife Hilda
Tinubu had nothing to do with Funsho Williams death? grin grin cheesy

I mean the loved Yoruba Funsho Williams who about picking the Ticket to contest?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

I mean the loved Yoruba Funsho Williams who about picking the Ticket to contest?

Yes and he was killed by his own PDP people. You can ask anyone from the Funsho William family

https://allafrica.com/stories/200609010144.html

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Gboy1026: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
Agadinaagwuofe:

Mr Man, stop tying yourself in a tortuous knot grin. He posted a video of Remi saying she doesn't trust igbos and you countered him by questioning what's wrong with a SS asking such after all their army did to their women during Civil war, he replied you stating that the past is past and you shouldn't dwell in it and you replied with "Igbos started the first coup and killed everyone and allowed Azikiwe escaped". How will you claim a SS has right to distrust igbos because of a civil war started by a SS? I understand if a Yoruba or Hausa is saying that. I don't have a bull in the bull fight just pointing out your hypocrisy. I am not holding forte for Donjazet but if you want to analyse the war through regional or tribal prism, you just have to be consistent not to suit your narratives.

Again Remi is from Ogun state and has his maternal side from Delta, I think someone has pointed that earlier but when someone says "don't trust a whole group of people" it comes from deeper sentiments which can be related to anger nutured over an incident so stop asking me how do I know she is angry when she made the statement
Who led the ist coup? Was it not Remi maternal brother nzeogwu from okpanam .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
grin grin grin

Jez wanna read posts for amusement today..... TGIF!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2022
Even though the drug money laundering case didn't indict Tinubu it would be the height of naivety to believe he wasn't linked to the drug barons in one way or the other. BAT only just managed to cover his tracks.

As for Funsho Williams Asiwaju's name never came up. It was Obanikoro and Ogunleye with some others who were arrested during that period. Remember PDP was in power and wanted to capture Lagos at all cost. If OBJ had anything on BAT you can be damned sure he would have used it.

Tinubu is many things but I doubt he's a cold blooded killer. Not that I would stick out my neck though you never can tell with politicians.

donstan18:

So you’re saying this is actually a fake article and makeup stories?

https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/bola-ahmed-tinubu-from-drug-lord

https://twitter.com/davidhundeyin/status/1548311723584565249?s=21&t=gqFZWwc_cgfI9oIYe5Qp5g

All those screenshots are fake and made up?

You’re saying Tinubu isn’t a drug baron?

He’s wasn’t bursted to be a drug trafficker in Chicago?

These the questions I’m asking, that’s what I mean by coming out clean.

You’re actually telling us that Tinubu, in moral settings, is clean and not a criminal? To the extent of asking why he would go for Funsho? Someone that was loved In Lagos and was about winning and preventing Tinubu’s godfatherism? cheesy

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

Hope you know you’ve been avoiding simple questions chief?

Again I’ll ask, are you saying the investigation article, evidence and proofs of Tinubu being a drug baron are fake?

Are you saying he’s not a criminal? Wasn’t bursted to be a drug trafficker in Chicago?

Come out clean nh.

this is the fate of busted, indicted, arrested,jailed tried and convicted drug traffikkrs in Us courts

so lets see your trail

he was not arrested
he was not indicted
his money was seized
he took the government to court
he reached an out of court settlement
75% of the 'proceeds of drug trafficking ' was returned to him
he was STILL not arrested
he agreed not to sue the us govt in future

that is real proof that tinubu was a drug baron right there.
case closed !

that article is like donjazets indictments of several of us as hitler and tribalists. a deliberate hit piece as the author knows most people will not take the time to read and ask more questions. there is a reason most of the actual journalists eg nicolas ibekwe all have issues with Hundeyin.

this story actually has a lot in common with the story of that nigerian youtube blogger who had his money seized by EFCC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisooblog:
Even though the drug money laundering case didn't indict Tinubu it would be the height of naivety to believe he wasn't linked to the drug barons in one way or the other. BAT only just managed to cover his tracks.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/war-on-drugs

this is why i keep going back to the fact that it was the DOJ

and this was the 90s - when there was a war on drugs and america literally invaded a sovereign country to kill pablo escobar

that is how seriously they took drugs back then.

how much tracks could bola tinubu have covered? in the west where there is an army of accountants , agents etal to investigate and prosecute cases? you think if they had the smallest shred of actionable evidence against him he would not have seen jail?

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
Tinubu also didn't have much motive to kill Funsho Williams.

He defeated him in the 1999 AD primaries and the 2003 Governorship elections so Funsho wasn't a serious threat to him to go as far as assassinating him.

I think you also overestimate Williams' popularity then. Yes he was a strong figure in Lagos politics but he didn't have such a big followership to defeat Tinubu. Google 'mr no bitumen' and see what comes up. Williams had his own baggage as well.

donstan18:

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
raumdeuter:

Yes and he was killed by his own PDP people. You can ask anyone from the Funsho William family

https://allafrica.com/stories/200609010144.html
If I should start bringing up links here, you won’t still admit the fact that the Funsho was killed by Tninibu.

But the truth is; we all know what we’re doing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisooblog:

As for Funsho Williams Asiwaju's name never came up. It was Obanikoro and Ogunleye with some others who were arrested during that period. Remember PDP was in power and wanted to capture Lagos at all cost. If OBJ had anything on BAT you can be damned sure he would have used it.

Tinubu is many things but I doubt he's a cold blooded killer. Not that I would stick out my neck though you never can tell with politicians.

I admire the fact you didn’t attempt to defend Tinubu in that drug bursting case.

About Funsho, you mean the president of Nigeria OBJ wouldn’t have messed BAT up if he wanted to? cheesy

The hunger for Tinubu to control Lagos is the reason Funsho and Bola got killed.

There are links, links and links accusing Tinubu too. Lots of them.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

If I should start bringing up links here, you won’t still admit the fact that the Funsho was killed by Tninibu.

But the truth is; we all know what we’re doing.

because we were all there and following the news at the time. all this Funsho williams was killed by Tinubu is a story that never came up once when it happened

look what a google search turned up

i am not posting link because of spermbutt

funsho williams - if he was alive today - may have ended up like jimi agbaje - customer dada

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
My guy till today there are still rumors of Tinubu being linked to one of those Nigerian drug capons back then which neither BAT or anyone from his camp has denied strongly.

Like I said he covered his tracks well.

The same way he has covered his tracks well since he left office in 2007. I give it to Jagaban he's a very smart man but there's too much comma about the man not to believe he isn't linked to some shady business.

GloriousGbola:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/war-on-drugs

this is why i keep going back to the fact that it was the DOJ

and this was the 90s - when there was a war on drugs and america literally invaded a sovereign country to kill pablo escobar

that is how seriously they took drugs back then.

how much tracks could bola tinubu have covered? in the west where there is an army of accountants , agents etal to investigate and prosecute cases? you think if they had the smallest shred of actionable evidence against him he would not have seen jail?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

this is the fate of busted, indicted, arrested,jailed tried and convicted drug traffikkrs in Us courts

so lets see your trail

he was not arrested
he was not indicted
his money was seized
he took the government to court
he reached an out of court settlement
75% of the 'proceeds of drug trafficking ' was returned to him
he was STILL not arrested
he agreed not to sue the us govt in future

that is real proof that tinubu was a drug baron right there.
case closed !

that article is like donjazets indictments of several of us as hitler and tribalists. a deliberate hit piece as the author knows most people will not take the time to read and ask more questions. there is a reason most of the actual journalists eg nicolas ibekwe all have issues with Hundeyin.

this story actually has a lot in common with the story of that nigerian youtube blogger who had his money seized by EFCC.
Alright then. Glad you’ve admitted.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisooblog:

He defeated him in the 1999 AD primaries and the 2003 Governorship elections so Funsho wasn't a serious threat to him to go as far as assassinating him.

I think you also overestimate Williams' popularity then. Yes he was a strong figure in Lagos politics but he didn't have such a big followership to defeat Tinubu. Google 'mr no bitumen' and see what comes up. Williams had his own baggage as well.

Was he about contesting against Tinubu before he got killed?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

Alright then. Glad you’ve admitted.

i am sure you know what sarcasm is my chief

we will agree to disagree and move on

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisooblog:
My guy till today there are still rumors of Tinubu being linked to one of those Nigerian drug capons back then which neither BAT or anyone from his camp has denied strongly.

The same way he has covered his tracks well since he left office in 2007. I give it to Jagaban he's a very smart man but there's too much comma about the man not to believe he isn't linked to some shady business.

why would i waste time acknowledging rumours?

what i will say is Tinubu has mastered how to play nigerian politics.

of course he has diverted lagos money - you think you are going to prosecute elections [to dislodge PDP] that made AC/ACN into the party controlling the southwest with goodwill ? is that how wars are won against a more powerful opponent with access to federal resources? where did the money and resources that blocked Atiku from winning the APC nomination in 2015 come from?

but all that is also conjecture. because it is all talk

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

because we were all there and following the news at the time. all this Funsho williams was killed by Tinubu is a story that never came up once when it happened

look what a google search turned up

i am not posting link because of spermbutt

funsho williams - if he was alive today - may have ended up like jimi agbaje - customer dada
No way you expected a link with such headline to say Tinubu has a hand In Funsho’s death.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2022
if jimi agbaje hd been killed, this is how we would have been told Bola Tinubu also killed him

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisooblog:

Absolutely none.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
Tinubu to all intents and purposes wasn't involved in Funsho's matter he had already conquered Williams politically of what benefit would it be to kill him? It will be like saying Fashola would kill Agbaje when AD/AC/APC was already strong on ground. Dude don't tell me you're taking FFK seriously? Someone that called APC a supporter of APC party which the has shamelessly returned to?

How could BAT be involved in Bola Ige's assassination when the incident happened in Ibadan? What did he have to gain? Besides I know from a reputable source that BAT absolutely had no hand in Ige's death.

OBJ despised/despises Tinubu. If he had anything on Tinubu he would have used it. GEJ as weak as he was didn't he drag Asiwaju to code of conduct bureau.

Guy forget unless there is a smoking gun somewhere the accusations are just your regular political image tarnishing exercise.

donstan18:

I admire the fact you didn’t attempt to defend Tinubu in that drug bursting case.

About Funsho, you mean the president of Nigeria OBJ wouldn’t have messed BAT up if he wanted to? cheesy

The hunger for Tinubu to control Lagos is the reason Funsho and Bola got killed.

There are links, links and links accusing Tinubu too. Lots of them.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2022
Why would anyone link Bola Ige’s murder to Tinubu ? Bola Ige was killed in home in Ibadan and prior to this he never really had any issues with Tinubu.

In fact , almost everyone knew about Bola Ige’s issues with Omisore; how Omisore’s supporters harassed Bola Ige at the late Ooni of Ife’s palace few days to his death .

Everything about about Ige’s death points to his feud with Omisore and some other Yoruba leaders while they were fighting for the structure of Osun and the entire Southwest politics . Even dem
Afenifere baba dem belive PDP(his party ) killed him.

Below is Baba Ayo Adebanjo still pointing fingers to Obasanjo for his actions and inactions during that period .

https://www.thecable.ng/ayo-adebanjo-obasanjo-still-has-questions-to-answer-over-bola-iges-death/amp

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

No. He was killed in 2006 when Tinubu was concluding his 2nd term

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
raumdeuter:

No. He was killed in 2006 when Tinubu was concluding his 2nd term
So why would one think because he has defeated Funsho twice, Funsho wasn’t the favorite to win the next election, given that BAT won’t be contesting again?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisooblog:

This is right, Tinubu defeated Funsho in AD primaries of 1999 and in 2003 General elections

So why will Tinubu have to kill Funsho in 2006 when Tinubu wont even be on the ballot

In the immediate aftermath of the death, The Williams family released a statement that indicted Obanikoro and Ogunlewe, Both were picked up by police
During investigations OBJ and Abuja ordered their release.

PDP Lagos decided to give Hilda Williams, Funshos widow the ticket but OBJ from Abuja overrode it and gave it to Obanikoro

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
Non of the political parties back then had started serious campaigning. It wasn't like Funsho Williams was a movement who had started to gain popularity. His assassination was totally unexpected because up until that time there was no reason anyone would have wanted him dead.

The PDP aspirants were the very first suspects the police picked up.

Politics of Lagos was very petty back then with Ogunleye who was a minister under OBJ then using FERMA to harass Lagos state government agencies those were what dominated political discuss then. I don't remember Williams saying anything negative about Tinubu then it was Obanikoro and Ogunleye who were tackling BAT.

donstan18:

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donstan18: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisooblog:
Tinubu to all intents and purposes wasn't involved in Funsho's matter he had already conquered Williams politically of what benefit would it be to kill him? It will be like saying Fashola would kill Agbaje when AD/AC/APC was already strong on ground. Dude don't tell me you're taking FFK seriously? Someone that called APC a supporter of APC party which the has shamelessly returned to?

How could BAT be involved in Bola Ige's assassination when the incident happened in Ibadan? What did he have to gain? Besides I know from a reputable source that BAT absolutely had no hand in Ige's death.

OBJ despised/despises Tinubu. If he had anything on Tinubu he would have used it. GEJ as weak as he was didn't he drag Asiwaju to code of conduct bureau.

Guy forget unless there is a smoking gun somewhere the accusations are just your regular political image tarnishing exercise.

Funsho was going to stop Tinubu’s godfatherism. Seems you’re not getting my point.

This is like saying because Buhari defeated Atiku in the last election and won’t be contesting again, that Atiku don’t have what it takes to beat APC given that Buhari won’t be contesting again. You get??
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
donstan18:

So why would one think because he has defeated Funsho twice, Funsho wasn’t the favorite to win the next election, given that BAT won’t be contesting again?

BAT had more reasons to kill Funsho in 1999 and 2003 yet he didnt, It was in 2006 when BAT was not even on the ticket that he will kill Funsho?

Ask Funshos family, they know the man behind their fathers death

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (5182) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Kundistrict(m), Itsrm(m), larride(m), Makamatic, Amigoss, nihilistjnr, swiz123(m) and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.