Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,397 members, 7,978,262 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:50 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1946185 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5268) (5269) (5270) (5271) (5272) (5273) (5274) ... (5437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by semid4lyfe(m): 6:08am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

There are people who make pap for babies. They use various ingredients with good nutritional value. You can find one and buy or find someone to make for you. It's usually much cheaper and better than custard.

Hmm, pap is not as good as manufactured cereals and it'll definitely tell on a baby in terms of growth and freshness.

I had my 3rd and last child in January this year and he was born at 3.8kg. He started eating at 3 & half months when wifey was preparing to resume back to work from maternity leave.

Due to the exorbitant cost of baby cereals, we opted for home made pap and the made-in-Nigeria cerelac to feed him.

Wifey buys the ingredients (yellow corn, guinea corn, millet, date, coconut, ginger, cloves and unripe plantain) and makes the pap herself, which is a dark brown colour. NAN milk is added to the baby's pap when it's prepared to feed him.

Now, it's established that with good nutrition, babies should ordinarily double their birth weights at 6 months but when baby went for his 6 months immunization, he weighed 7.4kg.

In contrast, his older siblings who were born at lower weights of 3.5kg and 3.25kg, and fed exclusively with Frisogold, imported Cerelac & NAN milk weighed 8.3kg and 8kg respectively at 6 months.

Baby is healthy and very active, and has even hit some developmental milestones faster than his siblings but our conclusion is that his size is due to the lower nutritional input.

In conclusion, ogi no fit do the work wey imported baby cereals dey do. If you see fresh and chubby baby, check well cos no be pap dem dey chop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 6:16am On Sep 16
izzou:

I have watched the video, and the guy who drove the Corvette was not at fault.

How can people be racing, and you drive your Dodge Challenger in the middle of the road?

Dem suppose arrest that guy.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_6PNsPoCsW/?igsh=aThwa29ucGUydmcx
How will you be racing on government road made for the public
Them suppose arrest you too
Do we have roads specifically made for racing in this country

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:33am On Sep 16
BlueRayDick:

That’s not middle of the road kankan, that’s Eko Atlantic City .

Honestly dem supposed arrest those two ediots doing the yeye racing inside Eko Atlantic . It’s a private premises .

There’s no justification for them to be racing at that high speed within that space . If they weren’t racing recklessly they would’ve seen the dodge whether it was faulty or was parked in the middle of the road .

Arrest wetin? grin

If you look well, everyone had parked at the other end of the road.

The stupid Dodge pulled out, and caused it. His car was not faulty. Na him carry himself go there.

Hence, when the Corvette ran into him, there was smoke in his car. That's because his engine was running.

The boys were just trying to have some fun and wouldn't hurt anyone, until Mr Oversabi carried his Challeger there
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:36am On Sep 16
iamoyindamola:

How will you be racing on government road made for the public
Them suppose arrest you too
Do we have roads specifically made for racing in this country

That's a private road, actually.

And besides, if they had taken the precaution of ensuring nobody was on it before racing, that's fair.

Wetin make the Dodge Challenger drive come out?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:38am On Sep 16
Theflint1:
True, he's probably not at fault, but you'd think guys choosing to do something like that would at least take some basic precaution, especially with the ton of space they have available to them.

From my assumptions, they did.

See the way other cars were parked.

If that Dodge was there from the beginning, the Corvette would have calculated how to manoeuvre before he got there

That guy just pulled out, and Corvette didn't have seconds to think it through

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:00am On Sep 16
OasisX:

.....I am kinda convinced it wil be significantly reduced. I really don't care about the arrangement, rather want Nigerians to breathe again.

Na we get the crude oil, even if we dash DGL free to process and sell to Nigerians at far cheaper rate, who go hold us?! OPEC?! LOL!

Yes, OPEC. You can't just decide to sell at any price that pleases you. What we can do is use a lower exchange rate for dangote which is still subsidy on the Dollar.

Anyway, I pray you're right. This 1400/litre don nearly send person go village.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:03am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

Yes, OPEC. You can't just decide to sell at any price that pleases you. What we can do is use a lower exchange rate for dangote which is still subsidy on the Dollar.

Dangote has already made it clear that the crude used for this PMS was purchased in dollars.

That's a clear way to tell Nigerians that it cannot be cheaper.

Reason why they spent 3 days snapping and making videos of dirty, dilapidated tankers, instead of just releasing a press statement on what the price will be.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:28am On Sep 16
semid4lyfe:

Hmm, that local pap is not as good as the manufactured cereals and it'll definitely tell on a baby in terms of growth and freshness.

I had my 3rd and last child in January this year and he was born at 3.8kg. He started eating at 3 & half months when wifey was preparing to resume back to work from maternity leave.

Due to the exorbitant cost of baby cereals, we opted for home made pap and the made-in-Nigeria cerelac to feed him.

Wifey buys the ingredients (yellow corn, guinea corn, millet, date, coconut, ginger, cloves and unripe plantain) and makes the pap herself, which turns out to be a dark brown colour. NAN milk is added to the baby's pap when it's prepared to feed him.

Now, it's established that with good nutrition, babies should ordinary double their birth weights at 6 months but when baby went for his 6 months immunization, he weighed 7.4kg.

In contrast, his older siblings who were born at lower weights of 3.5kg and 3.25kg, and fed exclusively with Frisogold, imported Cerelac & NAN milk weighed 8.3kg and 8kg respectively at 6 months.

Baby is healthy and very active, and has even hit some developmental milestones faster than his siblings but our conclusion is that his size is due to the lower nutritional input.

In conclusion, ogi no fit do the work wey imported baby cereals dey do. If you see fresh and chubby baby, check well cos no be pap dem dey chop.

Now that I think of it, you may be right. If you place children in expensive private schools side by side with their age mates in public schools, you will think the ones in private schools are older.

They are usually taller with better body frame. I think it has even been argued on this thread that height is not all genetics. Nutrition also plays a major role.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:34am On Sep 16
izzou:

Dangote has already made it clear that the crude used for this PMS was purchased in dollars.

That's a clear way to tell Nigerians that it cannot be cheaper.

Reason why they spent 3 days snapping and making videos of dirty, dilapidated tankers, instead of just releasing a press statement on what the price will be.

grin grin

Even in that press release, baba just dey talk of energy security and availability and how fuel will get to every local government. Plenty of word salad when one paragraph with the price would have achieved better result.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:37am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

grin grin

Even in that press release, baba just dey talk of energy security and availability and how fuel will get to every local government. Plenty of word salad when one paragraph with the price would have achieved better result.

If this thing would have been cheaper, i trust the government to have started singing it even before this month.

They know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 7:40am On Sep 16
OasisX:

.....I am kinda convinced it wil be significantly reduced. I really don't care about the arrangement, rather want Nigerians to breathe again.

Na we get the crude oil, even if we dash DGL free to process and sell to Nigerians at far cheaper rate, who go hold us?! OPEC?! LOL!
This is where crude oil theft will come to bite us. If not for theft, we can easily subsidise the sale of fuel for local consumption while selling the rest at the international market rate, but due to theft, we can't.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:46am On Sep 16
izzou:

If this thing would have been cheaper, i trust the government to have started singing it even before this month.

They know what they are doing.

Just seeing that NNPC has now responded. Dem say make Dangote give them discount if the price here is different from what he sold to them grin

I'm also looking at this their estimated prices across various regions. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? shocked

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 7:49am On Sep 16
izzou:

That's a private road, actually.

And besides, if they had taken the precaution of ensuring nobody was on it before racing, that's fair.

Wetin make the Dodge Challenger drive come out?
Like blueraydick said
That's ejo Atlantic, a residential area it's not so private unless they have made all necessary arrangements
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:52am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

Just seeing that NNPC has now responded. Dem say make Dangote give them discount if the price here is different from what he sold to them grin

I'm also looking at this their estimated prices across various regions. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? shocked

grin grin grin grin

950 in Lagos oh, for NNPC stations oh.

See Borno .....Hmmmm

Omoh, by the time Tinubu is done, population sef go don reduce because of hardship

If these guys are even honest, we should know what the price of the October produce would be.

The 1300 and 1400 is not going away soon.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:56am On Sep 16
iamoyindamola:

Like blueraydick said
That's ejo Atlantic, a residential area it's not so private unless they have made all necessary arrangements

I don't know the laws there sha

My own is that these guys wanted to race. Everybody gave them enough space to finish their race in 2 or 3 minutes max

What did that oversabi Challenger go there to do?

Na that guy suppose pay for those cars
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:09am On Sep 16
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

See Borno .....Hmmmm

Omoh, by the time Tinubu is done, population sef go don reduce because of hardship

If these guys are even honest, we should know what the price of the October produce would be.

I am just hearing now that filling stations in PH have started adjusting prices to 1500 as of this morning. This is insane.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:23am On Sep 16
izzou:

I don't know the laws there sha

My own is that these guys wanted to race. Everybody gave them enough space to finish their race in 2 or 3 minutes max

What did that oversabi Challenger go there to do?

Na that guy suppose pay for those cars

You are just justifying reckless behavior in a residential neighborhood . Everybody involved in the illegal racing should be rounded up and locked up for putting the lives of residents in danger .

Whether it’s 1 or 2 minutes they want to use for the racing , it is still illegal and totally reckless . The funny thing is even if the cars were insured , no insurance company will pay compensation after seeing that video. They were clearly engaging in “hazardous past times “.

They could’ve killed any other road user who is unaware of their yeye racing. I guess this incident will make the management of Eko Atlantic City to focus more on what happens within their premises going forward
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:24am On Sep 16
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

See Borno .....Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:30am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

Sell to their citizens or to the international market,it just feels to me we are the only OPEC nation with this fuel drama.. .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:36am On Sep 16
BlueRayDick:

You are just justifying reckless behavior in a residential neighborhood . Everybody involved in the illegal racing should be rounded up and locked up for putting the lives of residents in danger .

Whether it’s 1 or 2 minutes they want to use for the racing , it is still illegal and totally reckless . The funny thing is even if the cars were insured , no insurance company will pay compensation after seeing that video. They were clearly engaging in “hazardous past times “.

They could’ve killed any other road user who is unaware of their yeye racing. I guess this incident will make the management of Eko Atlantic City to focus more on what happens within their premises going forward

I just want to know what that Challenger was doing there fess

grin grin grin grin

After they have arrested him, they can arrest everybody

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:45am On Sep 16
Amigoss:

Sell to their citizens or to the international market,it just feels to me we are the only OPEC nation with this fuel drama.. .

I can't remember the exact interview but I remember the guest argue that if we or any other country tries it, OPEC has the means to crash prices and make life very unbearable for us.

They can put the subsidy on the dollar. It's still the same thing and we won't have to bother about OPEC sanctions.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:45am On Sep 16
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 8:47am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

Interesting..

In all of these, this is the first time I'm seeing elevated levels of transparency from NNPC.

I'm suspecting a huge defense of the Naira by the CBN in the coming months as this can help one part of the problem.

GloriousGbola, Is there a mechanism in which the subsidy/under-recovery be paid only to Dangote without involving NNPC?, One which also mitigates the smuggling problem.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:49am On Sep 16
This NNPC vs Dangote Refinery matter is turning into a big joke sha .

I mean the two parties will go into closed door meetings for hours, when they done both parties will release contrasting statement about the outcome of same meeting.

Party A will say this is the conclusion of the meeting , then party B will make a press release debunking some of the conclusions listed in Party A’s initial press release 🤦‍♂️

Yesterday Dangote said NNPC’s spokesperson’s press release was false and misleading ; today NNPC has come out to project a higher price and even asking NNPC for discount on the media space .

Anybody seeing the two parties bickering over the pages of newspaper and social media space would think NNPC is not a shareholder in Dangote refinery that obviously knows the inner workings of things .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:52am On Sep 16
Mele kyari still has a job cheesy undecided,No Landing cost,No export duty,No import duty,No pilotage fees,No vat and levies but NNPC wants to sell us Dangote refined petrol like it bought it miles away...

Oya dangote tell us how much you bought crude and sold pms to NNPC na,baba is beating round the bush with long epistles, Everything is just shrewd in secrecy..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:58am On Sep 16
User09:

Interesting..

In all of these, this is the first time I'm seeing elevated levels of transparency from NNPC.

I'm suspecting a huge defense of the Naira by the CBN in the coming months as this can help one part of the fight.

GloriousGbola, Is there a mechanism in which the subsidy/under-recovery be paid only to Dangote without involving NNPC?, One which also mitigates the smuggling problem.

Dangote more or less forced their hands after the last statement issued refuting their claims on pricing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 9:00am On Sep 16
God of Lord's Chosen de work o. See testimonies everywhere
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:02am On Sep 16
User09:

Interesting..

I'm suspecting a huge defense of the Naira by the CBN in the coming months as this can help one part of the fight.

as lonng as there is a subsidy, there will always be smuggling.

during the abacah years - petrol sold for much less in lagos than it did up north.

so during scarcity, a lagos dealer would pay 1m for a tanker of fuel, that would go for maybe 1.2m in lagos. same tanker of fuel would gp for 2m in kano. the next thing the dealer would get a call, the tanker you ordered has been diverted - heres 1.5m. dealer has made his profit, the hustlers have made their profit, the lagos consumers are the ones fked.

this is what is happening with smuggling. there are too many failures in the system to stop smuggling. customs, police, army, nnpc, nsdc, everyone is taking their cut.

as to the govt giving dangote a subsidy, that is a very slipper slope because dangote fully intends to sell pms on the international market. it could turn out just like what is happening now, but on an industrial scale.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 9:04am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

Dangote more or less forced their hands after the last statement issued refuting their claims on pricing.

I'll agree with a public entity like Dangote one million times before even listening to a crooked and less transparent entity like NNPC.

Even the message has an embedded malice in it. Asking for a discount on a N56 premium when the problem is the N1k price that it's likely to be sold.

Anyway, let them keep exposing everything. At least, it'll help when assessing the entire dynamics
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:04am On Sep 16
Amigoss:
Mele kyari still has a job cheesy undecided,No Landing cost,No export duty,No import duty,No pilotage fees,No vat and levies but NNPC wants to sell us Dangote refined petrol like it bought it miles away...

Oya dangote tell us how much you bought crude and sold pms to NNPC na,baba is beating round the bush with long epistles, Everything is just shrewd in secrecy..

Later we would be wondering why this nation is not moving forward.

Mele Kyari is performing so wobbly at his job , everyone knows this and almost everyone believe he doesn't deserve to retain that seat till now; but just look at.

Later they will claim NNPCL is now a limited liability company blah...blah...blah. In a normal corporate setting, the GMD of a company with one-quarter of Kyari's fumbling would've been sacked by the board of directors long ago

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:04am On Sep 16
Itsrm:

I can't remember the exact interview but I remember the guest argue that if we or any other country tries it, OPEC has the means to crash prices and make life very unbearable for us.

They can put the subsidy on the dollar. It's still the same thing and we won't have to bother about OPEC sanctions.

fk opec.

the saudis did not give a damn about the other countries in 2016 when they flooded the market trying to kill fracking.
and no one did anything. unfortunately, unlike the saudis, we dont have nay cash reserves to ride out a storm, so we just have to be good boys at the bottom of the pecking order
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shegzdave: 9:14am On Sep 16
iamoyindamola:
These chosen members are upcoming stand up comedians grin grin grin

https://x.com/yabaleftonline/status/1835572105548579302?t=MUkWlad8ggc1dxiyHki52A&s=19
Lion turn to traffic warden wey Dey give directions and still wave am bye bye

What an incredible experience he had cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5268) (5269) (5270) (5271) (5272) (5273) (5274) ... (5437) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: StarchAndBanga, GloriousGbola, DammyOlu123(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.