Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,057 members, 7,987,769 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 04:19 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1988484 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5396) (5397) (5398) (5399) (5400) (5401) (5402) ... (5492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:00pm On Oct 10
izzou:

We are not talking about a hobby here. We are talking psychology; Something that messes with your mindset and thinking

You think people who smoke can take it casually without getting addicted?

In Crypto, if you get burnt, you rest. I haven't seen anyone begging for 2k to buy shit coins

People beg for 100 naira to strike games. People get burnt in betting, and they go into debt to just bet.

You really haven't gone through this path...If you have, you'll understand the wide difference between both.

Its like saying try meth and pull away from it. Na from just 1 hit the thing they progress and later turn some people homeless.
The betting highness go just hit some reward centers in your brain before you know it, Na just to sell house document remain

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chidekings(m): 2:06pm On Oct 10
izzou:
The reason why Itsrm is speaking this way is because he is getting to gamble at a very very responsible age.

He is matured, and able to know when to stop.

I started my miserable journey to gambling in my final year. It was one bet hous at Abakpa, Enugu.

The first game i played was with 100 naira, and i won 13k.. Na so Bet9ja take blend me. From then, it was back to back loses till i stopped.

So, i can understand Itsrm if he insists he can stop. He's way more responsible and matured as a beginner.
even at that,untill he starts it.......he will get to understand how addictive it can be.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:08pm On Oct 10
Good news for our Western fanboys.
Apart from getting the opportunity to win an apple iPads by joining Ukrainian foreign legion to defend Ukraine you can also rise through the ranks & head the Ukrainian armed forces, Chief of army staff etc...

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 2:11pm On Oct 10
Zakir Naik -

“Allah Permits raping of Women who do not follow Islamic Dress Code”

https://x.com/JaipurDialogues/status/1844230157860733317?t=2iQ8dSmA-WHBf5r3s9tWtg&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ghostagain: 2:16pm On Oct 10
The iPad seems lame, they should at least offer a good iMac pro (the one I'm thinking about costs around 30 000 dollars), then I might consider joining them in their suicidal march towards the russian meat grinder.

OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Good news for our Western fanboys.
Apart from getting the opportunity to win an apple iPads by joining Ukrainian foreign legion to defend Ukraine you can also rise through the ranks & head the Ukrainian armed forces, Chief of army staff etc...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10
Ellexy:
Zakir Naik -

“Allah Permits raping of Women who do not follow Islamic Dress Code”

https://x.com/JaipurDialogues/status/1844230157860733317?t=2iQ8dSmA-WHBf5r3s9tWtg&s=19

I no be muslim, but i know say na lie e dey lie
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin

Na real blending. Bet9ja be like Cult, to commot inside dey hard.

Even if u join at old age sef, once u start winning it is only a matter of time before addiction sets in. Betting money can be sweet when u win sha

Bet9ja na cult na.

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10
chidekings:
even at that,untill he starts it.......he will get to understand how addictive it can be.

Let's just give him the benefit of doubt that he can make better decisions now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:28pm On Oct 10
raumdeuter:

Its like saying try meth and pull away from it. Na from just 1 hit the thing they progress and later turn some people homeless.
The betting highness go just hit some reward centers in your brain before you know it, Na just to sell house document remain

Bet9ja shops open from Monday to Sunday...

No leave, no transfer, no downtime.

Everyday, the same set of people are queuing up to pay obeisance to the Grandmaster grin

This one don pass Self discipline matter. It's either abstinence or you get cooked
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10
Ghostagain:
The iPad seems lame, they should at least offer a good iMac pro (the one I'm thinking about costs around 30 000 dollars), then I might consider joining them in their suicidal march towards the russian meat grinder.

Still wondering why they came up with iPads? After all more than 30 NAFO countries are donating financial aid 24/7. It's even a raffle, just a few soldiers will go home with the tablet.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:37pm On Oct 10
izzou:

Everyday, the same set of people are queuing up to pay obeisance to the Grandmaster grin

This one don pass Self discipline matter. It's either abstinence or you get cooked

Let’s just say Bet9ja is the biggest cult in naija .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 2:37pm On Oct 10
izzou:

Bet9ja na cult na.

grin grin grin

Omo give Bet9ja to a nigga without a sense of purpose and you just finished that nigga dawg. Same thing the CIA did with crack in the eighties.

E get one guy wey we been start betting at the same point in time, when i see say them don too chop me, i call press conference. I said, "Just accept say them don chop the one way them don chop and free Bet9ja"

He said, "Alabi dey bank the money for me, when e pile up e go pay up in full with interest"

Six years later, Alabi has not paid sh1t and won’t pay nothing. Meanwhile, bro is now 35 and still living under his uncle’s roof doing boy-boy while he could have setup a decent life for himself with his vast experience as a generator technician. Primary reason he refuses to stop is a combination of sunk-cost fallacy and the primordial urge to hit it big so he can do Onwa-December grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:38pm On Oct 10
izzou:

Bet9ja na cult na.

grin grin grin

to end an addiction you are supposed to modify your environment - but you cant modify your environment when there is a bet9ja everywhere you turn - even beside the secondary schools
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:40pm On Oct 10
DeadPresidents:

Omo give Bet9ja to a nigga without a sense of purpose and you just finished that nigga dawg. Same thing the CIA did with crack in the eighties.

E get one guy wey we been start betting at the same point in time, when i see say them don too chop me, i call press conference. I said, "Just accept say them don chop the one way them don chop and free Bet9ja"

He said, "Alabi dey bank the money for me, when e pile up e go pay up in full with interest"

Six years later, Alabi has not paid sh1t and won’t pay nothing. Meanwhile, bro is now 35 and still living under his uncle’s roof doing boy-boy while he could have setup a decent life for himself with his vast experience as a generator technician. Primary reason he refuses to stop is a combination of sunk-cost fallacy and the primordial urge to hit it big so he can do Onwa-December grin

the guy still try sef - he did not wife some unfortunate babe and proceed to turn her prematurely grey. every once in a while there is a thread on FP featuring a woman in the nightmare of a husband lost to bet9ja
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:41pm On Oct 10
GloriousGbola:

to end an addiction you are supposed to modify your environment - but you cant modify your environment when there is a bet9ja everywhere you turn - even beside the secondary schools

It is worse now, only few local guys still patronize shops.

All u need do is download the bet app of ur choice or visit their web page on ur phone, fund ur bet account through transfer or ATM card, bet as much as u want. When u lose all ur deposit, fund ur account again and continue betting.

How do u modify ur environment when u literally carry the bet shop around in ur phone ? grin

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10
izzou:

There's no middle ground, as long as you're betting for profit, the odds of you not getting cooked are next to zero.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:51pm On Oct 10
GloriousGbola:

the guy still try sef - he did not wife some unfortunate babe and proceed to turn her prematurely grey. every once in a while there is a thread on FP featuring a woman in the nightmare of a husband lost to bet9ja

You see the bolded, that's why I think itsrm doesn't know the world he wants to journey into.

I once read a thread where a lady narrated how her husband who used to be very responsible started betting and everything just changed in their family. The man who used to be very decent became an addict to gambling which led to serious disgrace; he could barely point to anything he does with his salary while the wife and children started suffering. She cried for help and was asking people to advice her on what to do because she has prayed, begged him to stop, reported to his parents and nothing seem to be working.

Gambling can disorient a person.

I know someone who used to jokingly say "Once ur enemy starts gambling, u don't need to pray for him to die. He's already battling with what will kill him " grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 2:51pm On Oct 10
BlueRayDick:

It is worse now, only few local guys still patronize shops.

All u need do is download the bet app of ur choice or visit their web page on ur phone, fund ur bet account through transfer or ATM card, bet as much as u want. When u lose all ur deposit, fund ur account again and continue betting.

How do u modify ur environment when u literally carry the bet shop around in ur phone ? grin

And if you don't have adblock on your browser every link from Sodiq will give you five betting pop ups minimum. Designed to catch our pikins straight!

Can we be sure Sodiq is not an undercover agent for Big Bet? cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:54pm On Oct 10
GloriousGbola:

And if you don't have adblock on your browser every link from Sodiq will give you five betting pop ups. Designed to catch our pikins straight!

This can be so annoying and embarrassing grin. But I guess that's the price to pay for downloading films illegally.

Every time u just get redirected to Bet9ja site where they already open the registration page waiting for u. grin

Imagine when u are trying to run away from gambling and then u see Bet9ja page anywhere u turn online.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:01pm On Oct 10
BlueRayDick:

This can be so annoying and embarrassing grin. But I guess that's the price to pay for downloading films illegally.

Every time u just get redirected to Bet9ja site where they already open the registration page waiting for u. grin

Imagine when u are trying to run away from gambling and then u see Bet9ja page anywhere u turn online.
Most times, I think those bet companies take advantage of our economic situation. People just look for ways to meet ends. Can you imagine how your Life Will be without a good job? (God forbid) The truth is No one bets for fun abi adrenaline rush like itrsm said. The essence of gambling is to make Money

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:04pm On Oct 10
raumdeuter:

There is a religious component to this which is the underlying and most important part. Once there is an ideological component to it, then it stops making sense and even money cannot placate them. Money becomes tagged a tool of the infidels. In the relatively peaceful Arab countries, there is a constant extreme that is barely getting suppressed and they even need external people to fight them.

All those rich enjoyment Qatar UAE Saudi etc are only one virulent cleric and coup away from turning into Iran post Shah. See how Afghanistan, Lebanon and Iran turned from normal enjoyment societies into extreme ones between the 70s to the 90s

Look at Arabian migrants into countries in Europe and the the West they still harbor the plan in their minds to spread their primitive ways of life.

Its the same reason there is problems between Moslem and Jews, Moslems vs Hindus, Moslems vs Xtians, Moslem vs Atheist. You realize where there is an interface with Moslems, the extremists part always show up aggressively and warlike. and even 100% Moslem societies their moderates are not spared. Never mind the Shia vs Sunni The race towards extremism is never ending, One person will find something to be more extreme about. Like how ISIS made AlQaeda and Hezbollah look like Boys scouts

The bold is what worries me most about those guys. They go to Europe where they find life relatively easy, they are allowed to practice their religion and somehow they will still find reasons to knife citizens of the host countries(most times unprovoked)

I mean if they claim to be fighting as the resistance in their home country and all; how do they justify fomenting trouble in another person's country where they are treated well and their rights are protected?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:12pm On Oct 10
Ihebu4chelsea:
Most times, I think those bet companies take advantage of our economic situation. People just look for ways to meet ends. Can you imagine how your Life Will be without a good job? (God forbid) The truth is No one bets for fun abi adrenaline rush like itrsm said. The essence of gambling is to make Money

I agree with u but u see ehn, the moment u come to the realization that there's no free money anywhere and to see money is not easy; it will be easier to disabuse ur mind . It will be easier for u to understand that the negative side of gambling outweighs the positive side.

U see okada riders, bus drivers, tailors, mechanics, civil servants, etc who are not doing really bad financially pumping money they should be channeling to their family needs towards gambling with the hope of becoming multi millionaires overnight. That's not really the fault of the economic situation my brother.

People just dey look for money wey dem no keep anywhere hoping their luck will shine.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 3:26pm On Oct 10
izzou:

I no be muslim, but i know say na lie e dey lie
Do you know who Zakir Naik is?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 3:26pm On Oct 10
Atiku Just called Tinubu T-Pain

cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:28pm On Oct 10
Ellexy:
Do you know who Zakir Naik is?

Zakir Abdul Karim Naik is an Indian Islamic public orator who focuses on comparative religion. Naik is currently a wanted fugitive in India, where, in 2016, the authorities charged Naik for money laundering while he was abroad in Malaysia; Naik did not return to India and became a permanent resident of Malaysia

The man sef na criminal, no wonder.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10
DeadPresidents:

I don't know why gamblers believe one day they will hammer
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:32pm On Oct 10
Ellexy:

cheesy cheesy
He's called him many names, he once called him amebo

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 3:32pm On Oct 10
BlueRayDick:

The man sef na criminal, no wonder.
The Nigerian Muslim community extol him highly. Recently the Sultan of Sokoto invited him to Nigeria and he came and was the Sultan as the Head of state.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 3:34pm On Oct 10
iamoyindamola:

He's called him many names, he once called him amebo
Amebo ke. Shey T-Pain dey do aproko too..?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 10
Ellexy:

cheesy cheesy
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10
iamoyindamola:

I don't know why gamblers believe one day they will hammer
To keep going. Even when the signs are clear, They just want to be motivated
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 3:39pm On Oct 10
Ellexy:
The Nigerian Muslim community extol him highly. Recently the Sultan of Sokoto invited him to Nigeria and he came and was the Sultan as the Head of state.

I guess it is the northern Muslims that really rate him. I’ve never really heard about the guy from the southern Muslims up till this moment

(1) (2) (3) ... (5396) (5397) (5398) (5399) (5400) (5401) (5402) ... (5492) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Amigoss, dollyjoy(f), GloriousGbola, Theflint1(m), Amoto94(m) and 36 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.