Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,073 members, 7,980,820 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 06:08 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1957702 Views)

EPL: Huddlesfield Town Vs Manchester City (full time) 1-2 / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (5449) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2022
We must learn a lesson
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2022
Roland17:

I am with you.. it’s not worth the stress with crawling infants and toddlers at home, preschoolers maybe…that’s a big maybe sef. E go shock you how pikin go disappear for your front.

During summer/ winter months, there are numerous cases of parents leaving their kids locked inside the car, leading to death or serious hospitalization. Many of those parents are not bad parents. Infact, many swore they had their kid with them when they left the car.

More importantly, parents, if you have a pool, STOP TRYING TO TEACH INFANTS/ TODDLERS & how to swim by YOURSELF. Wait until they become preschoolers or school aged, by then their vital organs are stronger, especially their lungs, then take them to a PROFESSIONAL (I can’t stress this part enough) for lessons.

Kids are on an active mission to kill themselves on a daily basis especially boys. This thing na just God. Even me I know the things I was told I did in my infancy. I no suppose still dey

I'm very slow to blame parents here cause I'm not one for starters and two there are just so many variables involved

I do wish they didn't have a pool though. That pool IMO is more trouble than it's worth. I've seen adults paralyzed neck down because of pool accidents, I know a younger kid I grew up with who's borderline paralyzed because of this as well.

Even the idea of training an infant to swim I don't see the point of it because swimming is an energy sapping task. Arguably the most energy sapping if you know anything about fitness. How long do you think an infant keeps himself afloat without help? Even if he is a capable swimmer he would eventually get exhausted. I just wish it was sealed and locked.

Even as an adult if you're not in full control of your senses you could drown in a tub

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7412035/fire-mikano-office-vi-two

Fire incident at Mikano office , Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island. The guy interviewed by Punch newspaper in the Video claims the recent commissioning of new fire fighting equipment by Sanwoolu was just for the camera cos there's a fire station at Oniru,(within the same Victoria Island) and those fire trucks were nowhere to be found at the scene till they put out the fire by themselves.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2022
Theyve killed my dawg take off embarassed

Gawd, what a world :-
https://www.nairaland.com/7411913/migos-rapper-takeoff-shot-killed

Fvck life embarassed

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2022
afrodoc2:
You can but you have to take all the precautions possible. Extreme child proofing:
Pool fence
Pool covers
Pool alarm
Swimming lessons. Pros outweighs Cons.
The safest thing for a house with toddlers though is no pool. It is just less draining and safer.

The bold I agree with. I heard of people that were not even at home and some neighborhood kids jumped their fence to use their pool. One of the kids drowned and the home owners were still held liable to some extent. Even if they didnt pay money as damages, How will you live with yourself knowing someone died in your pool

Swimming school is better I agree as there will be at least multiple experts who can dive in and save a drowning kid. Swimming is also a necessary life skill as there might be instances where you have to just have to know how to. Also going for parties and friends just push you into the pool

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2022
A40:
Kids are on an active mission to kill themselves on a daily basis especially boys. This thing na just God. Even me I know the things I was told I did in my infancy. I no suppose still dey

I'm very slow to blame parents here cause I'm not one for starters and two there are just so many variables involved

I do wish they didn't have a pool though. That pool IMO is more trouble than it's worth. I've seen adults paralyzed neck down because of pool accidents, I know a younger kid I grew up with who's borderline paralyzed because of this as well.

Even the idea of training an infant to swim I don't see the point of it because swimming is an energy sapping task. Arguably the most energy sapping if you know anything about fitness. How long do you think an infant keeps himself afloat without help? Even if he is a capable swimmer he would eventually get exhausted. I just wish it was sealed and locked.

Even as an adult if you're not in full control of your senses you could drown in a tub

Not only boys
You will be amazed how some females are more active than the male
I need to sue the commissioner that allowed 1 week mid term break I saw hell last week

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2022
sod09:

Not only boys
I need to sue the commissioner that allowed 1 week mid term break I saw hell last week

My friend will u leave commissioner alone ! When u dey "mekwe" in the oza room, shebi u did not call commissioner that year grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
sod09:

Not only boys

Those children are a handful grin

For my peace of mind, I use schools with afterschool program. During mid term breaks or school holidays, the after school is always open and they can be there till 6pm when I'll go to pick them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
Black on black crimes is much worse than white on black crimes

Niggas killing niggas undecided

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
pocohantas:

Give bloggers time. They’ll provide us with pictures. This is so sad. Ifeanyi was all up in our faces.

It didn't take time

https://www.nairaland.com/7411700/davidos-son-ifeanyi-nanny-before
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
BlueRayDick:

My friend will u leave commissioner alone ! When u dey "mekwe" in the oza room, shebi u did not call commissioner that year grin
There's a reason I was telling raumdeuter one is enough
This one is just a year and some months yet I can't have peace of mind
Last week she was with me and in a flash I was looking for her only to see her in the room trying to open methylated spirits immediately she saw me she stretched the bottle to me shouting water
Imagine she succeeded in opening the bottle
When I am coming back from work i will call my wife if she has sleep or not grin grin

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
sod09:

Not only boys
You have to bubble wrap these children because some of them it's almost like they want to go back to where they came from.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
i dont like pasting links beaus of spermboot

Itsrm:

It didn't take time

https://www.nairaland.com/7411700/davidos-son-ifeanyi-nanny-before

a year into my oyel job, we had a death in the terminal. my colleague, the terminal engineer on duty was grilled and suspended. they had wanted to sack him. years later, after we had engaged some big guys from much bigger companies, it was clear it was not my colleague at fault per se, but the system he met in place. he was just a convenient scapegoat

that is why in the big multinationals - it is the CEO who enters the hot seat when there is an incident - because the oga at the top creates the environment . but this is Nigeria, so they will do their best to victimize this unfortunate nanny for their failure as parents. and Nigerians who do not know any better will think justice is being done.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
This Takeoff stuff is just sad man. Nothing worse than making it out the hood and still moving like you're in the hood.

Black people especially black men really need to ask themselves some questions. They've been forming victimhood for too long and are not accepting they are their biggest ops. This whole gang culture, gang mentality

Free this free that even though they are convicted criminals.

Just check number of rappers that have been shot or stabbed from 2017 to 2022. Even female rappers are not safe. Was it September some female rapper was shot dead

No other demographic of people are as self destructive

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
Itsrm:

Those children are a handful grin

For my peace of mind, I use schools with afterschool program. During mid term breaks or school holidays, the after school is always open and they can be there till 6pm when I'll go to pick them.
After the 6pm nko
They are not tired
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2022
BlueRayDick:

sod09:

There's a reason I was telling ramdeuter one is enough
Last week she was with me and in a flash I was looking for her only to see her in the room trying to open methylated spirits immediately she saw me she stretched the bottle to me shouting water
When I am coming back from work i will call my wife if she has sleep or not grin grin
Person wey God still get triplet inside cooler for. Try any illegal mekwe, na quadruplets straight, you and Apostle skimpledawg
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Joezinho: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2022
A40:
This Takeoff stuff is just sad man. Nothing worse than making it out the hood and still moving like you're in the hood.

Black people especially black men really need to ask themselves some questions. They've been forming victimhood for too long and are not accepting they are their biggest ops. This whole gang culture, gang mentality

Just check number of rappers that have been shot or stabbed from 2017 to 2022. Even female rappers are not safe. Was it September some female rapper was shot dead

Word… Black Americans have this “entitlement mentality” which I find disgusting.

If only they can look at themselves and understand their responsibilities, avoid inflicting themselves with a victim mentality and self destruct.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2022
A40:

Well, I started training both my kids to swim from age 6 months.

The younger one turns 5 at the end of the month and he swims like a fish.

I thinking swimming is a critical skill to have. However it doesn't mean that the child should be left unattended or that the pool should not have had a basic security cover on top.

I checked today - security cover for a pool costs like £300. I mean come on...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2022
Joezinho:

Word… Black Americans have this “entitlement mentality” which I find disgusting.

If only they can look at themselves and understand their responsibilities, avoid inflicting themselves with a victim mentality and self destruct.
Same issue with Sudanese Australians… These guys are citizens but the worse set of Africans here.

Entitled and forming gangs in different post codes… any club you enter and jam them, fight must happen

I can’t near people with victim mentality as they will pull you down in all aspect of life

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2022
obainojazz:
Same issue with Sudanese Australians… These guys are citizens but the worse set of Africans here.

Entitled and forming gangs in different post codes… any club you enter and jam them, fight must happen

I can’t near people with victim mentality as they will pull in all aspect of life

These Sudanese Australians if the locals start changing it for them, they will claim racism

Joezinho:

Victimhood, That is what the Democratic party in the US glorifies all the time. We are victims anything and everything that happens to you is because of someone else
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2022
nihilistjnr:

I thinking swimming is a critical skill to have. However it doesn't mean that the child should be left unattended or that the pool should not have had a basic security cover on top.

I just think while you're training your kids to swim don't have that false sense of confidence that you can leave them unattended around water.

If you can build a pool in your house then you really do not have an excuse to not secure the place. We know kids will always try to kill themselves doesn't mean you make their job easier
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2022
Joezinho:

Rappers that have been shot or stabbed dead in the last 5 years is more than 50. That's just rappers.

I don't understand it. Saw a rapper they came shot him and shot the father. It's like this new demographic 17-28 they have no respect or value for anything. They can shoot their target's father, mother, children. They don't care for anything. Very dangerous people to move with and these are the people these rappers have in their entourage. Strapped but couldn't be arsed to train themselves on how to handle weapons.

If I born pikin and e say e wan rap I will use pankeere to reset his brain

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Na to sew large tapoline by yoursef be that grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
@Izzou

It's been a minute, I hope you are doing good bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2022
raumdeuter:

These Sudanese Australians if the locals start changing it for them, they will claim racism

Victimhood, That is what the Democratic party in the US glorifies all the time. We are victims anything and everything that happens to you is because of someone else
Thankyfully they can tell most of them apart…. Met one can guy that said he used to drive off if they tried entering his car

Thankfully Nigerians and Kenyans are doing good here…
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
afrodoc2:

I don't do that o. I am a family man. I just have an outreach program in which i counsel young ladies about the vicissitudes of life. I don't beat about the bush because life is serious. I give them the thrust of it, encourage them, pump them up, and lecture them in toto.
You too spoil, you should be a neurologist and not a gynecologists cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
raumdeuter:

Person wey God still get triplet inside cooler for. Try any illegal mekwe, na quadruplets straight, you and Apostle skimpledawg
Lai lai
Not in this buhari economy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2022
Roland17:
@Izzou

It's been a minute, I hope you are doing good bro!

Izzou where are you?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2022
A40:

The ones who make it out and ignore the hood are blackmailed and abused. You must have a tough mentality to love the hood from a distance and only associate when it is very necessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
nihilistjnr:

Correct man. It is a critical skill, and the earlier it is learnt the better. Do it and file it away as a life skill that you have if the need ever comes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9FsEi2us88

The UK has been pushing people to learn to swim since forever. I remember this from an old videotape
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
TrebleChamp:
You too spoil, you should be neurologist and not a gynecologists cheesy

Spare the rod and spoil the child. It is the duty of father figures like you and I to use the rod on these young ladies so that they won’t spoil.
It is a special unction.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
sod09:

There's a reason I was telling raumdeuter one is enough

This really cracked me up grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (5449) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: FEGEITOK, GloriousGbola, Hero2t and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.