Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,470 members, 7,881,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket (663 Views)

You Should Be Ready To Live With The Consequences Of Muslim-Muslim Ticket - CAN / Bayo Onanuga: PDP Is Afraid Of Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Buhari Not In Support Of Muslim-Muslim Ticket For APC - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by OLEADTIPS: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Since the Emergence of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Ahmed Tinubu as APC presidential Aspirant, the social media has been thrown into the frenzy and arguments of Muslim Muslim Ticket.
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has been outspoken, media house correspondents and politicians all expressed their views.
The Church of God as a matter of urgency must look beyond the Position of Vice president.

*Summary of the Vice president's powers according to the Nigerian constitution;

*Exercise the Powers of the President in the capacity as Acting President

*Participates in all cabinet meetings and chairs it in the absence of the President

*He is a member of the National Security Council

*He chairs the National Economic Council

*Exercise any other powers delegated to him by the President

From the above we can clearly see that the Vice President is basically tasked to stand in for the president, particularly in cabinet meetings.

The VP's position is more like a spare tyre that can be put to use only at owners behest or during the absence of the main tyre.

*How has the VP position helped the Church?*

The VP's position can not help the church in any way more than it can help an average Nigerian because it lacks the power to do so. The unfortunate incident of Southern Kaduna, Benue State and every other areas where Christians face persecution daily should tell the church something.
The VP's position is of no benefit to the church but politicians seeking elective position.
Policies that affects the lives of an average Nigerian are made in the National Assembly. The assembly is a very powerful arm of the government that can make or mar any organisation in the country including the church.
The leadership position of the national assembly is very powerful.
The Senate President and Speaker of the house representatives are more powerful and influential than the Vice President. They can easily influence so many issues that affects our lives as Nigerians and the Church.
As we're approaching 2023 elections, Christians leaders and the Church need to shift their focus from the Vice President's Position and put more attention on who becomes the Senate president and Speaker of the house of representatives.

SOURCE : Copied from Sir Ola's WhatsApp!
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by DMerciful(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
The op is trying to hoodwink us!

Why not tell your Northern friends to accept a Northern Christian as vice presidential candidate to Tinubu? What other opportunities do Northern Christians have to come to the presidency?

Will the North accept Christian-Christian ticket? You want Christians to accept what Muslims will declare jihad for.

What nonsense!

6 Likes

Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by limeta(f): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Here they come again
Best of mankind
They want to give what they will not take
Religion of piss
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by seanfer(m): 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
My question is what is the church saying or doing about the southern states where we have Christian Governor and Christian Deputy, even when there are Muslims in those states?

N.B Before you call me names I am Christian.
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Another yoruba Muslim Ola has come with his primary school analysis
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by ivolt: 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
seanfer:
My question is what is the church saying or doing about the southern states where we have Christian Governor and Christian Deputy, even when there are Muslims in those states?

N.B Before you call me names I am Christian.
You are free to vote for the opposition.
But I guess you don't have the number to. make any difference.

Nobody can stop Tinubu from choosing whichever VP candidate he likes
but he can't force everyone to agree with his choice.

Hint, Traditionalist don't bother complaining about presidential candidates religions
because they understand the reality.
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
I really wonder why Tinubu urchins want to force Muslim-Muslim ticket down the throat of Christians. Nigeria of today does not support that madness, there's no way you can sugarcoat it. Fun fact, no Muslim will support a Christian-Christian ticket from any of the major political parties, we would have had MURIC and other jihadist organisations barking hysterically by now cool
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by OLEADTIPS: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
I really wonder why Tinubu urchins want to force Muslim-Muslim ticket down the throat of Christians. Nigeria of today does not support that madness, there's no way you can sugarcoat it. Fun fact, no Muslim will support a Christian-Christian ticket from any of the major political parties, we would have had MURIC and other jihadist organisations barking hysterically by now cool

Children like you need to read history.
Insulting people because of their views speaks volume about you.
Let me help your little mind with a brief history.

FLASH BACK CHRISTIAN-CHRISTAIN TICKETS

1. In 1978, UPN. Presidential torch bearer chief Awolowo Obafemi picked his running mate Chief Umeadi Phillip (ready to win but failed) Christian/Christian. No comments.

2. In 1979, Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe and Prof. Ishaya Audu of kaduna state ran upon Christian/Christian. You want to know the party? Later!

3. In 1966-1975 Yakubu Gowon and Joseph Akinwale ruled us Christian/Christian (military era)

4. Johnson Agui Ironsi and Babafemi Ogundipe ruled Nigeria on Christian/Christian (military era). No noise. Find out the date.

5. Did you know the running mate of chief Tunji Braithwaite?

6. Chief Olagunsoye Oyinlola and Mrs Erelu Olusola governed Osun state 2003-2010 Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim ends.

7. Bar. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state and his deputy. Christian/Christian, No noise and comments from Islamic movements.

8. Mr. Ayo Fayose ruled Ekiti from 2014-2018 with his deputy Niyi Adebayo/Olujimi Abiodun. Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim community.

9. Don’t forget Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti 2010-2014 deputised by a Christian. Christian/Christian. No murmuring.

10. Since First democracy to date South-South, south east states has never tasted Muslim deputy governors not to talk of governors, 1978 to date Flash back.

Please let’s pray for better governance! Enough of threatening!
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ask yourself; would MUMURIC & Headslammers accept a Christian/Christian ticket?

No to foolanisation of Nlgeria. No to islamisation agenda of APC. No to Tinubu muzlim/muzlim ticket.

Nlgeria is not an Islam'ic terr-orists country but a secular one for that matter where Children of God are the majority. You can't just force your muslim/muslim candidates on us then use terrorists, thugs, soldiers and policemen to rig them in. It will not work this time. We belong to Christ.

Don't be ignorant of what is ahead. If Turkey that was once Christian dominated country but Islamist Wahabists changed the demography, we should open our eyes wide and learned from history if not same will happen here. God forbid.
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
OLEADTIPS:

Children like you need to read history.
Insulting people because of their views speaks volume about you.
Let me help your little mind with a brief history.

FLASH BACK CHRISTIAN-CHRISTAIN TICKETS

1. In 1978, UPN. Presidential torch bearer chief Awolowo Obafemi picked his running mate Chief Umeadi Phillip (ready to win but failed) Christian/Christian. No comments.

2. In 1979, Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe and Prof. Ishaya Audu of kaduna state ran upon Christian/Christian. You want to know the party? Later!

3. In 1966-1975 Yakubu Gowon and Joseph Akinwale ruled us Christian/Christian (military era)

4. Johnson Agui Ironsi and Babafemi Ogundipe ruled Nigeria on Christian/Christian (military era). No noise. Find out the date.

5. Did you know the running mate of chief Tunji Braithwaite?

6. Chief Olagunsoye Oyinlola and Mrs Erelu Olusola governed Osun state 2003-2010 Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim ends.

7. Bar. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state and his deputy. Christian/Christian, No noise and comments from Islamic movements.

8. Mr. Ayo Fayose ruled Ekiti from 2014-2018 with his deputy Niyi Adebayo/Olujimi Abiodun. Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim community.

9. Don’t forget Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti 2010-2014 deputised by a Christian. Christian/Christian. No murmuring.

10. Since First democracy to date South-South, south east states has never tasted Muslim deputy governors not to talk of governors, 1978 to date Flash back.

Please let’s pray for better governance! Enough of threatening!

calling me "children" will not make this nonsense you wrote relevant, I clearly wrote NIGERIA OF TODAY while you started cherry picking ancient history. We all know how your jihadist wing MURIC acts in the situations and since it favours them now, they shut the hell up. Don't ever try to be condescending to my while pretending to be intelligent, I see through your facade and can tell you the genesis of this nonsense that was shared for you guys in your WhatsApp groups

1 Like

Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by MissLeslie(m): 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
limeta:
Here they come again
Best of mankind
They want to give what they will not take
Religion of piss

Obi and Doyin = ? Story for another day
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by MissLeslie(m): 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Newton2024:

Ask yourself; would MUMURIC & Headslammers accept a Christian/Christian ticket?

No to foolanisation of Nlgeria. No to islamisation agenda of APC. No to Tinubu muzlim/muzlim ticket.

Nlgeria is not an Islam'ic terr-orists country but a secular one for that matter where Children of God are the majority. You can't just force your muslim/muslim candidates on us then use terrorists, thugs, soldiers and policemen to rig them in. It will not work this time. We belong to Christ.

Don't be ignorant of what is ahead. If Turkey that was once Christian dominated country but Islamist Wahabists changed the demography, we should open our eyes wide and learned from history if not same will happen here. God forbid.

Obi and Doyin = ? See u when u wake up
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by Freethinker87: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Why don't we extend this graciousness to ethnicity and allow Bola Tinubu to present a SW Muslim as VP?

Let's eradicate tribe and religion from Nigerian politics. Don't you think OP?
Re: The Church And The Politics Of Muslim Muslim Ticket by Highways: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
I see a vision where Christians most especially in South West will be used as target... Owo will be small case to what will happen

(1) (Reply)

Funny Comment About Tinubu. Lol / Soludo Receives Int'l Community At Anambra Int'l Airport: Pictures / If Tinubu Gives You Money Today, You Will Pay With Your Life Tomorrow. Be Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.