Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,795 members, 7,930,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:45 AM

Minimalism: The Home Trend That Nigerians Are Currently Swooning Over - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Minimalism: The Home Trend That Nigerians Are Currently Swooning Over (748 Views)

Nigerians Are Very Wicked / Man Who Built Home On Inlaws Land Uproots & Moves The Home After Divorce (video) / UAC Building In Lagos Island Is Currently On Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimalism: The Home Trend That Nigerians Are Currently Swooning Over by spaceethq: 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Minimalist designs have been around for quite a long time but with the recent wave across different social media platforms, one might assume that it is a new trend. For many people, minimalism is more than a home trend, it is a lifestyle. In 2022, people are adopting minimalism into their home decoration, lifestyle, social media aesthetics, and many other areas of life.

However, in interior decoration, the whole idea of minimalism is to promote quality over quantity. Nigerians are known for their common preference for elegant and flamboyant designs but even the most sophisticated Nigerians are now introducing minimalist designs to their homes and business spaces. Hotels and short-let companies are also joining this trend by ditching their typical extravagant designs for minimalist designs. This might make one wonder — “what is it about minimalist designs that Nigerians are currently fascinated with?”

There are three words that best define minimalist design — simple, soft, and relaxing. Walking into a minimalist apartment would not only fill you with a sense of calmness, but it is also going to help you to realize that sometimes, less means more. Minimalism would help you strip things down to their most basic form, eliminating the need for complexities and excess additions.

At Spaceet, we love the cleanliness and spaciousness of minimalist designs and our guests love them too. Below are three of the most common elements of designs:

Simple furniture: This is one of the most important elements of minimalist designs. Unlike flamboyant designs, the minimalistic design employs the use of simple, functional, and practical furniture and accessories. Since the goal of minimalist design is to get rid of cluttered spaces, furnishing must be clean, simple, and serve a particular purpose.

Monochrome setting: Colors like white, grey, and beige are commonly associated with minimalism. These colors are not only simple, they also contribute to the oozing atmosphere of calmness that minimalist designs aim to achieve. Most of our minimalist apartments come in these colors but are not limited to these colors alone.

Clean and lit spaces: Objects found in these apartments are usually important and functional — this creates room for necessary space and natural lighting which are important elements of minimalist designs. They might also have some accessories that are solely for beautification (such as artworks, plants, sculptures, and scented candles).

It is hard to assume that Nigerians’ newfound love for minimalist designs might eventually outweigh their preference for flamboyant designs. However, one thing is certain — minimalism is here to stay.

2 Likes

Re: Minimalism: The Home Trend That Nigerians Are Currently Swooning Over by PoliteActivist: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
I LOVE minimalism but I always end up with a WHOLE BUNCH OF STUFF!!!
Re: Minimalism: The Home Trend That Nigerians Are Currently Swooning Over by judgementyard(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
Whoa! Well written !
Big ups and more!
Re: Minimalism: The Home Trend That Nigerians Are Currently Swooning Over by seylen(f): 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
I really like minimalism and my apartment is designed in this style. My furniture is new, monochrome and has simple constructions. My decor is special. I have a handmade carpet in my bedroom and it is more than 30 years old. I have vintage tableware, restored light fixtures and an antique porcelain vase. I plan to find some more old beautiful things. Minimalism gives a lot of air and space, old things create coziness and soulfulness.

(1) (Reply)

PVC ceilings / 300 Plots Of Land Along Enugu-PH Exp Rd Osisioma, Aba For Sale 08142074243 Aba. / How Many Block To Build A 3 Bedroom Bungalow In The East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.