Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:14 PM

Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging (3372 Views)

Merging Army University, NDA Will Give B’haram ‘upper Hand’, Zulum Tells FG / Bayelsa ANDP Distances Party From Tribunal Case Sacking Diri / VP Debate: Okupe Reveals Areas ‘osinbajo Lied Against PDP’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by phoneport(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2022
The former presidential aide noted that an agreement on who emerges the flag bearer is the only issue delaying the alliance.

The 'placeholder' vice presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Doyin Okupe has revealed why Labour Party and the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) are yet to form an alliance.
He noted that talks are still ongoing.

According to Okupe, the Labour Party and NNPP have agreed to form a new political order in the country but are yet to reach an agreement on which party will produce the presidential candidate.
He told Vanguard that both Peter Obi and Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso are insisting on being the presidential candidate.

The former presidential aide noted that an agreement on who emerges the flag bearer is the only issue delaying the alliance.

He said: “We have not foreclosed on anything. What has happened is that there have been a lot of informal discussions and interventions on the merger. There have been a lot of third party interventions on this same issue.

“Officially, I have been involved in two meetings in two different locations where we discussed extensively. I can tell you authoritatively that I have spoken with Rabiu Kwankwaso on this matter.

“We have not reached an agreement on the issue of whether the North will be the president or the South will be the president because both sides are insisting on being the arrowhead of the union in terms of presidency. This is where we have not really agreed. As of today, that is where we stand but there are a lot of goodwill ambassadors working behind the scene.

“The options are still open. We have up till July 17 or so to take a final decision but the options are still open. We have not foreclosed on anything.”

Okupe however expressed surprise over NNPP saying that Kwankwaso has not agreed to be Obi’s running mate.

“I am surprised about that and I have tried to reach out. It is something that is a bit too early. We have direct access and we are talking officially and unofficially. I heard the information but I have not been able to confirm it,” he said.

Source: https://www.tori.ng/amp/205882/okupe-reveals-the-only-thing-stopping-nnpp-and-lab.html

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Golan007: 11:20am On Jun 23, 2022
Obi go and do your boy boy job jare.

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Abfinest007(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2022
Kwankwaso refuse to let go selfish interest

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by donphilopus: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2022
Abfinest007:
Kwankwaso refuse to let go selfish interest

What stops Obi from letting go?

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Onisanya: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2022
Hnmm
Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by espn(m): 11:26am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

Ask them?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Imortal001: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2022
Rabiu should swallow his pride and be a vice president to peter for a new nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Beremx(f): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Everyone should test his popularity. Peter Obi must not succumb to becoming anyone’s Vice Presidential candidate

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by piyoo91: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2022
I believe kwankwaso will become VP to obi, it
will definitely happen like I predicted.. fellow Nigerians, our next president is Peter obi

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 23, 2022
If Kwankwaso refuses to be VP, then Peter Obi should look for another credible Northern Muslim. Infact there are many others like Ribadu, Marwa, Shekarua etc.

I'm personally not comfortable with a man like Kwankwaso being VP to Obi, dude is too arrogant and someone who is humble like Obi may find it difficult controlling his government if Kwankwaso decides to sabotage it.

14 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by donphilopus: 11:34am On Jun 23, 2022
Assetinvestor:
If Kwankwaso refuses to be VP, then Peter Obi should look for another credible Northern Muslim. Infact there are many others like Ribadu, Marwa, Shekarua etc.

I'm personally not comfortable with a man like Kwankwaso being VP to Obi, dude is too arrogant and someone who is humble like Obi may find it difficult controlling his government if Kwankwaso decides to sabotage it.

The Pandora stealing Peter Obi has become so credible? Maybe credibility now means something else.

Nigerian youths have been so brainwashed.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Arysexy(m): 11:35am On Jun 23, 2022
If kwankwaso does not want to be VP, LP should look for another Northern Muslim and pair with Obi. It's d turn of south to produce president.

10 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Crixxx: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2022
Is Kwankwoso the only available northerner?

8 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Arysexy(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

BC North just had their turn, it's d turn of the south and Obi is more popular.

How is your Agbado and cassava candidate fairing?

12 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Crixxx: 11:37am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

The Pandora stealing Peter Obi has become so credible? Maybe credibility now means something else.

Nigerian youths have been so brainwashed.

He is credible and you guys can't pin anything on him and this is why he has the backing. Just needs good alliance with the north and it's sealed deal.

6 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by JANK23H(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2022
A Kwankwaso as VP to Peter Obi is akin to a lamb dining with a lion.That man is over ambitious and could destroy Obi's regime from within.

PO should contest with someone he can work with,having same idiology.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by donphilopus: 11:38am On Jun 23, 2022
Arysexy:

BC North just had their turn, it's d turn of the south and Obi is more popular.

How is your Agbado and cassava candidate fairing?

Obi is more popular on Twitter or where? The votes kwankwaso would get from Kano and Jigawa alone would cover whatever Peter Obi would get from the entire south. You think it's by making noise on Twitter?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by nuelsylves(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

Why should Obi let go?

Kwankwaso is the one that suppose to let go because a northerner from Northwest, his zone i.e Buhari is about finishing 8 years term. Na only northerners dey this country?

Kwankwaso should be the running mate to Peter Obi because as it stands now, both of them are better evils when you compare them with Atiku and Tinubu.

8 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by donphilopus: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

He is credible and you guys can't pin anything on him and this is why he has the backing. Just needs good alliance with the north and it's sealed deal.

The revelation we got from Pandora paper is nothing right? The report of 250m cash that was seized from his aide is nothing right? Investing state's funds in a company you have interest in is an act of credibility right? You can only fool daft people please.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 23, 2022
Beremx:
Everyone should test his popularity. Peter Obi must not succumb to becoming anyone’s Vice Presidential candidate
You wish!
Peter Obi is Mbappee
Kwankwaso is Suarez

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Arysexy(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

Obi is more popular on Twitter or where? The votes kwankwaso would get from Kano and Jigawa alone would cover whatever Peter Obi would get from the entire south. You think it's by making noise on Twitter?

Go and ask Gov. Obaseki of Edo state, he will explain to you better

9 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by mystery22: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

because it is the turn of the south to be president,if kwakwanso is a fair man he should accept since a fulani man is the current president

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Crixxx: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

The revelation we got from Pandora paper is nothing right? The report of 250m cash that was seized from his aide is nothing right? Investing state's funds in a company you have interest in is an act of credibility right? You can only fool daft people please.

Mere allegations down out of hate are nothing

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by donphilopus: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

Mere allegations down out of hate are nothing

Yet Tinubu's own ain't mere allegations? Obi's supporters are dull sha.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Dubaku543: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

If Obi should let go, there will be voters apathy from SE/SS. They two can both decide to go 4 years each per tenure. If they are not greedy and any of them can go first. But the only thing Kwankwaso needs to get the full support of SE/SS is to promise the youths he will implement all Obi's ideology, then we are good to campaign for him. But a selfish Kwankwaso who is not willing to step down knowing that justly it's the turn of the South East, how then are we sure he will not rebel the idea of the Obi movement. If Kwankwaso isn't that trustworthy to implement Obi's prudence and leadership ideologies then I rather we vote a Tinubu who we know is a thief and frail already, even if his government will be hijacked, I rather it will be hijacked by Yorubas who even though could be tribalistic but they are well exposed with good level of knowledge, rather than it being hijacked by dumb Fulanis who lack insight. We tired of Nigeria being backward. At this level one can't differentiate the Egypt of today from Dubai. This is computer age and Nigeria is still behaving like ancestral country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by naijaguy1234(m): 11:46am On Jun 23, 2022
Hausa man can never agree to be second fiddle to an Igbo man, so expect Obi to be the usual boi boi to the Hausa yet again.

BAT 2023 !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by TheFreeOne: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2022
I will only Vote for Obi as the Presidential candidate.

Anything short of that will be to your tents O Isreal.

2023 is the year for Nigerians most especially the youths to take back the country from crooks.

4 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by donphilopus: 11:47am On Jun 23, 2022
Dubaku543:
If Obi should let go, there will be voters apathy from SE/SS. They two can both decide to go 4 years each per tenure. If they are not greedy and any of them can go first. But the only thing Kwankwaso needs to get the full support of SE/SS is to promise the youths he will implement all Obi's ideology, then we are good to campaign for him. But a selfish Kwankwaso who is not willing to step down knowing that justly it's the turn of the South East, how then are we sure he will not rebel the idea of the Obi movement. If Kwankwaso isn't that trustworthy to implement Obi's prudence and leadership ideologies then I rather we vote a Tinubu who we know is a thief and frail already, even if his government will be hijacked, I rather it will be hijacked by Yorubas who even though could be tribalistic but they are well exposed with good level of knowledge, rather than it being hijacked by dumb Fulanis who lack insight. We tired of Nigeria being backward. At this level one can't differentiate the Egypt of today from Dubai. This is computer age and Nigeria is still behaving like ancestral country.

Please stop attaching south south and southeast by force. We are two different regions.
Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Akponmfet: 11:49am On Jun 23, 2022
Imagine a man with no structure asking the man with massive structure to be his running mate grin grin grin
These online politicians are very funny.
Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by CitiOkoro(m): 11:53am On Jun 23, 2022
Kwankwaso is not in Obi's class

4 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Crixxx: 11:59am On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

Yet Tinubu's own ain't mere allegations? Obi's supporters are dull sha.

Tinubu dullard. That of tinubu are proven.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Reveals The Only Thing Stopping NNPP And Labour Party From Merging by Dubaku543: 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
donphilopus:

Please stop attaching south south and southeast by force. We are two different regions.
I disagree with you. I see the two regions as one because there is nothing like North North in Nigeria neither there is anything like South South in any other country in the world except Nigeria because the selfish government brought it to cause further division out of their selfish reasons. We are trying to see how to unify the entire country to have a common goal which is progress and you are still seeking further division. I am from Imo but I naturally like people from Edo State more than igbos and then I also genuinely love people from Yoruba maybe because of their mode of respect. Look at countries like United States are where they are today because they employ competence rather than playing the race card or tribal card. Countries like England couldn't stand till they formed alliance with Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales to form UK that was how they became 2nd world power. They function as a unit till today. They have even forgotten they are from different countries.

Now what I am saying is, this our generation of youths should shun whatever divisive rubbish our fathers taught us and embrace ourselves to one goal which is unity, love and most importantly progress for all and sundry.

If we decide to divide ourselves by nonsense regional mentality then whatelse are we still waiting for? Let us go our separate ways. Nigeria cannot progress until it tows the path of truth. Nigerian leaders are living a life of hypocrisy and pretence. Let us say the truth and the truth will set us free!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's - Eba, Garrri, Beans Dodo Hit Song- Cartoon Version / Peter Obi's Structure Vs Tinubu's Structure (Pix) / Between Obasanjo And Tinubu; Who Is An Achiever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.