Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,465 members, 7,917,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 06:10 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (774027 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (561) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
no fear you can do it.
Besides getting a Ph.D. is better and makes it easier to apply for PR by yourself vis EB2 NIW.

The benefits of a Ph.D. are plenty.

eniola1010:

Its the education aspect thats scaring me. Cus phd has too much monitoring from supervisors. Your work has to speak.
Unlike msc we just use craze join join everything. But phd u cant escape being serious

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
That is why it is advisable that people think well before talking, especially to foreigners, because a sentence does not mean the same to everybody.
Nozino:

Your dad is late and your parents pay your tuition? How

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2022
Normally if they do not reply to you it means they are not interested in you many times never the less put a call through to them for the last time.
Dreamsss:

One of my applications is for a PhD program and I emailed the profs before applying, because it was advised on the school's website. However, up until now, no response from those people and the school will not let me rest from constantly bombarding me with emails about deadline and how all their profs have plenty extramural fundings. Of course, they want my application fee, I know. I asked an alumni and she told me to email profs like I'd done, but if they don't answer me, I should still go ahead to apply because some of her friends succeeded that way. So I have done so...Whether it will bring out anything meaningful, me and her can't tell for sure, but I have sha applied to three other schools for masters, jejely.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
what exactly did this your "friend" say ?

frakie:
A friend was denied few hours ago.. he is going for masters and his program starts by January.

this is his transcript.
After biometric
V.O. Good morning
Friend: Good Morning Sir.
that useless bareheaded guy at usa lagos embassy
V.O: Why this university
Friend: start explaining
V.O: Cut him, and said you are not eligible, gave him a blue paper for refusal.

my question is how long does it take for someone to reapply again and his program start by january 2023

all the gurus in the house please help... i know say village people dey, but dem no reach in jesus name...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
That there is the 1 reason why she was approved the UK has done the dirty job for them.
They have also seen biiiiig talent to potch from the UK.

Truth be told these guys are looking for already made or will be made in the future, if that makes sense.

You are right getting approved from UK or with a UK degree is highly possible almost all my friends who took this route got theirs then.

Congratulations to her.

uist:

My sister got Approved F1 Visa this morning! Interview done in London UK

V.O. Good morning,
My sist: Good morning
V.O. Can I have your documents
My Sist. Gave him all the documents
V.O. Took biometric
My Sist. Went to sit
V.O. Called me again, why are you leaving UK
My Sist. To do my Masters in Public Health
V.O. You are a registered nurse with a good salary, why do you decide to do master
My Sist. I just need to upgrade
V.O. Why this University Sacred Heart University
My Sist. The research area of Pro Kevin Kessler interest my area of research and I will be opportune to work and be mentored under a renowned professor of Public Health ( Got this part from Nairaland from someone transcript)
V.O. Who is your sponsor
My Sist. My mom
V.O. She lives in the US?
My Sist. No in Nigeria
V.O. How did you come to the UK?
My Sist. I came through work visa
V.O. Enjoy your stay in the US, your visa will be ready in 3-5 days.

My sister came to the UK January 2022 this year as a nurse. All thanks to God, for those living in the UK, you can get F1 visa, saw many Asians and Indians were also approved F1 visa today! All the best

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Hotty321(m): 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
chibertha:
That there is the 1 reason why she was approved the UK has done the dirty job for them.
They have also seen biiiiig talent to potch from the UK.

Truth be told these guys are looking for already made or will be made in the future, if that makes sense.

You are right getting approved from UK or with a UK degree is highly possible almost all my friends who took this route got theirs then.

Congratulations to her.
Did the vo asked what her mother doing for work? And I heard is easier to get Visa if your applying from Europe

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
chibertha:

Normally if they do not reply to you it means they are not interested in you may times never the less put a call through to them for the last time.

I would ABSOLUTELY not call. I just attend Stevens Doctoral recruitment meeting and several professors say that if they don’t reply you it means they aren’t interested so move on. Alternatively you can send a reminder, but to start calling their offices…. Big NO!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by resolution2020: 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
shollay09:
I guess this will be done after the app fee

Okay. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by calebify1(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
Please anyone going for masters in pharmacy or even a phD?
I have lots of questions.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by drjustice17: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Fear USA o!!. Your Sister were granted visa because she is a nurse. The VO knows she will be useful for the country as a Nurse. If she is not a Nurse, she will be denied

uist:

My sister got Approved F1 Visa this morning! Interview done in London UK

V.O. Good morning,
My sist: Good morning
V.O. Can I have your documents
My Sist. Gave him all the documents
V.O. Took biometric
My Sist. Went to sit
V.O. Called me again, why are you leaving UK
My Sist. To do my Masters in Public Health
V.O. You are a registered nurse with a good salary, why do you decide to do master
My Sist. I just need to upgrade
V.O. Why this University Sacred Heart University
My Sist. The research area of Pro Kevin Kessler interest my area of research and I will be opportune to work and be mentored under a renowned professor of Public Health ( Got this part from Nairaland from someone transcript)
V.O. Who is your sponsor
My Sist. My mom
V.O. She lives in the US?
My Sist. No in Nigeria
V.O. How did you come to the UK?
My Sist. I came through work visa
V.O. Enjoy your stay in the US, your visa will be ready in 3-5 days.

My sister came to the UK January 2022 this year as a nurse. All thanks to God, for those living in the UK, you can get F1 visa, saw many Asians and Indians were also approved F1 visa today! All the best

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 11:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
calebify1:
Please anyone going for master in pharmacy or even a phD?
I have lots of questions.

There’s no Masters or PhD in Pharmacy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 1:54am On Dec 02, 2022
Capitalbase:
Hi everybody,
Please, for those who are currently applying for PhD, did you have to email one of the faculty members whose research interests aligned with yours to facilitate your admission process. I applied for 3 PhD positions since September and this were open positions for Fall intake. However, I just felt like doing a follow up with graduate departments and one of the response I received seemed to suggest they are "ONLY" accepting those candidates whose "would be" mentors has approved for their applications to move to the next stage.
If anybody can throw more light to this, it would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Due to the competition in getting a positive decision for a fully funded admission into any research based program (MS/PhD), it is quite expected you send emails and get in touch with potential advisor(s) in your related field before applying.

That way, you can mention the advisor(s) name(s), his Lab and the correspondence you had while writing your SOP even without getting any substantive assurance. It sets your applications apart from the rest.

Also, it makes follow ups becomes easier after application must have been made.

PS: This is not absolute however, it's a crucial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Steff02: 7:42am On Dec 02, 2022
Good day!
Please I need help securing accomodation at East Tennessee State Univeristy, please how do I go about as I am running out of time.
Is there someone searching for a roomate ??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by calebify1(m): 8:11am On Dec 02, 2022
Nozino:

Good morning sir.
So pharmacy doesn’t have Departments in it?
I don’t have power for argument this morning.
Thanks for your response sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2022
calebify1:

Good morning sir.
So pharmacy doesn’t have Departments in it?
I don’t have power for argument this morning.
Thanks for your response sir.

No one is here to argue with you. If your level of education didn’t teach you how to phrase questions, go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by realogk: 8:40am On Dec 02, 2022
chibertha:
what exactly did this your "friend" say ?

Looool I see what you did there.

If the poster na the "friend" and talks about the baldheaded VO, hes right . cheesy

Always pray not to be interviewed by that Uncle lmao
Avoid him at all cost.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by calebify1(m): 8:42am On Dec 02, 2022
Nozino:

No one is here to argue with you. If your level of education didn’t teach you how to phrase questions, go and sleep.
Carry that your HND degree and swerve.
If your IQ is too low to know there are masters degree and PhD degree in pharmacy then you rest.
Oversabi. If you know nothing then you keep quiet.
You feel only you have sharp fingers.
No go focus on your career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2022
calebify1:

Carry that your HND degree and swerve.
If your IQ is too low to know there are masters degree and PhD degree in pharmacy then you rest.
Oversabi. If you know nothing then you keep quiet.
You feel only you have sharp fingers.
No go focus on your career.

You obviously don’t have sense.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by calebify1(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2022
Nozino:

You obviously don’t have sense.
Thank you oga sense.
Just focus on your career sir.

If you don’t know something you’ll ignore like everyone else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by tiptoe1: 11:44am On Dec 02, 2022
drjustice17:

Fear USA o!!. Your Sister were granted visa because she is a nurse. The VO knows she will be useful for the country as a Nurse. If she is not a Nurse, she will be denied

Hello, what if she went to uk as a care giver in a care home, do you think her visa would have been approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by andico34: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2022
Capitalbase:

That's a good move my friend. One thing I am certain of is that we will all get to where we are destined to be. I did email some Professors yesterday but I am yet to receive any response. Notwithstanding, I have done the applications and can't take them back. I also paid application fees complete. So whatever the outcome is, we move. Just be hopeful, I am sure you will be alright.
Cheers.
Everything is grace...when I did mine...I applied to 8 universities and I didn't pay a dime...infact one professor that showed interest sponsored my application

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jacknn: 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
chibertha:
Are you a graduate student coming to Marshall University Huntington West Virginia in January 2023? This is for you

Good Morning, students,

Our GA tutoring positions have posted! We are looking to fill 6 spots, preferably with 1-2 good students who are versed in engineering, science, and math courses. Here is the posting link!

https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/21130

20 hours/week

$11/hour

70% tuition waiver

You can find other positions at

https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=&query_v0_posted_at_date=&query_position_type_id%5B%5D=6&commit=Search

Thank you,

Ah so you mean,if one is to get one of this positions as an International Student in Nigeria, d person can still go for spring January 2023??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
There is PhD in pharmacy it is called PharmD
Nozino:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2022
Yes but you must be admitted and anticipate starting in spring 2023

Jacknn:

Ah so you mean,if one is to get one of this positions as an International Student in Nigeria, d person can still go for spring January 2023??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
chibertha:

There is PhD in pharmacy it is call PharmD

PharmD is not a PhD. Same way DNP or OD or other Doctoral degrees like Dsc or D.Eng are not PhDs.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by honeyade: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2022
Interview Experience 3 DAYS ago
VISA Status: Denied
Lagos Embassy
*Please read through my experience, and kindly share any recommendations for positive results next time.*

Me: Good morning ma’am
VO: Good morning, please can you hand over your passport and I-20? (I handed it over through the space created to give documents)
VO: can you tell me what your program is about?
Me: it’s an LLM program in Intellectual property law, it’s an area of law made to protect the rights of creatives and this includes their craft, literal work or music in order for their rights to not be infringed by unauthorized persons
VO: okay, so who is finding this program
Me: my parents and brother
VO: what do they do for a living starting with your brother
Me: my brother is a cyber security expert at XYZ(big multinational TECH company), my mum is a textile trader and my dad retired as a GM of a company into his commercial farming business
VO: what is their monthly income
Me: my brother’s annual income...
VO: no I want his monthly income
Me: oh his monthly income is about $15,000, my mum’s monthly depends on the quantity of textiles sold a month but about N2.5m and my dad is in his harvest period and this month alone he made N20m from sales of his produce
VO: okay, how much do you make a month?
Me: 250,000
VO:Is that in naira
Me: yes 250,000 naira. I am a lawyer
VO: Oh you're a lawyer, how many years now
Me: 2 years
VO: okay, have you traveled before?
Me: yes, I’ve traveled to Dubai and other African countries while I was younger for the holidays
Officer: okay
……..typing something for about a minute……
Officer: I’m sorry the US immigration service won’t be granting you a US visa and the reasons behind this decision has been revealed on this piece of paper ( handed over my passport and a blue piece of paper)
Me: okay, thank you
Officer: you’re welcome and have a nice day
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Donbigi2(m): 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
Pls what's a cheap(20k max) school for course based masters in computer science?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jacknn: 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
chibertha:
Yes but you must be admitted and anticipate starting in spring 2023

Wow thanks,I'm only asking bkaux of the possibility of securing visa date for spring 23 January 9th startup, so it's still very possible.. that's great
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Linccoln(m): 1:35am On Dec 03, 2022
honeyade:
Interview Experience 3 DAYS ago
VISA Status: Denied
Lagos Embassy
*Please read through my experience, and kindly share any recommendations for positive results next time.*

Me: Good morning ma’am
VO: Good morning, please can you hand over your passport and I-20? (I handed it over through the space created to give documents)
VO: can you tell me what your program is about?
Me: it’s an LLM program in Intellectual property law, it’s an area of law made to protect the rights of creatives and this includes their craft, literal work or music in order for their rights to not be infringed by unauthorized persons
VO: okay, so who is finding this program
Me: my parents and brother
VO: what do they do for a living starting with your brother
Me: my brother is a cyber security expert at XYZ(big multinational TECH company), my mum is a textile trader and my dad retired as a GM of a company into his commercial farming business
VO: what is their monthly income
Me: my brother’s annual income...
VO: no I want his monthly income
Me: oh his monthly income is about $15,000, my mum’s monthly depends on the quantity of textiles sold a month but about N2.5m and my dad is in his harvest period and this month alone he made N20m from sales of his produce
VO: okay, how much do you make a month?
Me: 250,000
VO:Is that in naira
Me: yes 250,000 naira. I am a lawyer
VO: Oh you're a lawyer, how many years now
Me: 2 years
VO: okay, have you traveled before?
Me: yes, I’ve traveled to Dubai and other African countries while I was younger for the holidays
Officer: okay
……..typing something for about a minute……
Officer: I’m sorry the US immigration service won’t be granting you a US visa and the reasons behind this decision has been revealed on this piece of paper ( handed over my passport and a blue piece of paper)
Me: okay, thank you
Officer: you’re welcome and have a nice day

Did you say your brother makes $15,000 a month?
Which country ? If I may ask. I guess the V.O found it funny too.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Linccoln(m): 2:47am On Dec 03, 2022
Hasj:
Good Day All,

Please can I get the whatsapp or telegram group link for F1/F2 visa either via dm or here.

Grateful for your revert

You can ask your questions here and folks here will do their best to answer them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (561)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.