Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,981 members, 7,873,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (743992 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (561) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
Hi Chibertha, what if the person has use that account to search for date
chibertha:
Fill a new one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
Sisib15:
😁😁😁😁Mehn! I wanted to say congratulations. I had to read it again

Lol...
Lemme be feeling myself nau and practicing how they do the updates I see here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
infosoftlife:

Oakland University Michigan
University of North Georgia
University of West Georgia
Clayton State University
Fort Valley State University
Georgia Southern University
Albany State University
E.T.C

Of course, some of these are but for a while. Like Georgia Southern has since stopped the free waiver for graduate applications.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bobolizim(m): 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
Gokoyer0:
I must say you have a very good rapport with that program coordinator. Do keep in touch with him/her. You can also be checking out Australia if you know your profile can be competitive enough.

I did Geology. My research area is in Hydrogeology.

I would like to know more about applications in Australia.

I seriously do not have an idea. How do I start?

Is their application as straight forward as US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
Chocychoco:

university of west georgia is requesting for payment

Ohoo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iseoluwa89(m): 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2023
iseoluwa89:
Good afternoon scholars in the house,Please I received offer from Texas Tech(Phd,Computer Science) today but it didn't state if it came with funding or not. However,when I checked the departmental website this was stated "All doctoral students are eligible to be awarded teaching assistantships for up to four years, at a rate of $26,000 for 12 months, so long as their past performance is adequate".

Do I need to contact them for funding or from experience is it automatic based on this info.

Thanks.

Good day everyone, please I still need your humble input on this πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dreamsss: 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
iseoluwa89:

I would reach out to the grad cord to affirm or confirm what I think that means. Are you scared that you could confirm your deepest fear, if you do reach out? It's either they are awarding or not. Better to know what to depend upon for your planning.

Btw, they said they have suspended Coach Adams oo. I hope he's not the one that is disturbing the grants office..
Well, if he is, the funds are sure to start rolling out, following the suspension. All the best!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
I think you should mail the graduate coordinator to confirm
iseoluwa89:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sisib15: 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2023
😁😁Abi, they said elo fi okan bale till April 15th
Dreamsss:

Lol...
Lemme be feeling myself nau and practicing how they do the updates I see here.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ij1979daniella(f): 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
Jesus christ. Pls help me o!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:49am On Mar 06, 2023
iseoluwa89:

Reach out to them and ask. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 2:51am On Mar 06, 2023
Ij1979daniella post=
121505334:

Jesus christ. Pls help me o!!!
Wetin be your problem? I know Jesus…The Mexican fixer lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Coloniel5000(m): 5:25am On Mar 06, 2023
iseoluwa89:

Normally you get admission offer before funding. Like mine, I got the admission offer first, emailed my Grad Cord about possible funding opportunity and he said they're working on it, funny, I was the first to get a funding interview and after meeting me, the three faculties at the interview just decided to give me funding immidiately without waiting to interview others because somehow I did impressed them. So brother, reach out, I believe it's time you start emailing your Grad Cord for anything you need clarification on. If you've been offer admission, that's because they see you as a good fit for their program, so there's nothing to be scared of anymore. Ask them questions and I'm sure they'll be willing to answer any. All the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iseoluwa89(m): 8:18am On Mar 06, 2023
Thanks...thank you everyone.
All comments well received.
Coloniel5000:

Normally you get admission offer before funding. Like mine, I got the admission offer first, emailed my Grad Cord about possible funding opportunity and he said they're working on it, funny, I was the first to get a funding interview and after meeting me, the three faculties at the interview just decided to give me funding immidiately without waiting to interview others because somehow I did impressed them. So brother, reach out, I believe it's time you start emailing your Grad Cord for anything you need clarification on. If you've been offer admission, that's because they see you as a good fit for their program, so there's nothing to be scared of anymore. Ask them questions and I'm sure they'll be willing to answer any. All the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VincentTobe: 8:44am On Mar 06, 2023
Good day everyone, please I'm going for interview this march but my intended date of arrival on the ds160 was January, please is this going to be a problem and do i need to start completing a new ds160. A response would be really appreciated thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joab11: 9:50am On Mar 06, 2023
Good morning, I am new on this platform.
I recently got a funded PhD at Purdue University with stipend and health insurance.
But there’s a clause on the funding letter which says: Tuition Remission ( Less $400)
Please what does this mean?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Babyngchuks: 10:07am On Mar 06, 2023
please i need help converting 181$ WES charged me into naira and which bank can i do the payment

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Babyngchuks: 10:16am On Mar 06, 2023
PLS I NEED THE LINK TO CHECK FOR APPOINTMENT DATE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Gokoyer0(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2023
I am also searching Australia also. If you are going for PhD in this your field, you will need potential supervisor approval to study in most of the schools in Australia. So start approaching profs that their research areas interest you.Goodluck to us!
bobolizim:

I did Geology. My research area is in Hydrogeology.

I would like to know more about applications in Australia.

I seriously do not have an idea. How do I start?

Is their application as straight forward as US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2023
It is not going to be any issue at all. You probably filled your DS 160 when you thought you will be resuming for January admission but you had to defer it right? It wont be any issue if that is the case.
Also I am wondering how you are able to get an early date in march. Was it through emergency appointment?

VincentTobe:
Good day everyone, please I'm going for interview this march but my intended date of arrival on the ds160 was January, please is this going to be a problem and do i need to start completing a new ds160. A response would be really appreciated thank you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by VincentTobe: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2023
No it wasn't through emergency, the lagos consulate sent email to check out for dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Mickey2135: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hello good morning everyone

My passport will be expiring soon, ( less than 8 months ) I have already made the attempt to get a new one.
What I am concerned about is that WILL MY SEVIS- RECEIPT be affected with the passport change?

And what will this this passports change affect in my visa process? ( what do I need to change now that I have gotten a new passport)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
So you were seeing later dates before, but after the consulate sent the email, you were able to see early slots on your calendar?
I sent you an email, please reply.

Also another thing you can do if the intended date of arrival thing bothers you is to fill a new DS160, call the call center agent, and tell them you want to replace your old DS160 with a new one with updated information. They will gladly do that for you with no issues.

VincentTobe:
No it wasn't through emergency, the lagos consulate sent email to check out for dates.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by princetx(m): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
Good afternoon all. Abeg how una take de pay for SEVIS FEE? I want to pay ooo.
Please let me know how to pay this fees. Remain blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eni997: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2023
You need to ask someone in the US to pay it for you

princetx:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lifeinbits(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Lagos has been releasing a lot of early appointments lately .
VincentTobe:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TechieNg(f): 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
Please How to I know when early visa appointment dates are released in Lagos, When booking the appointment the earliest date I got was September 26 but my program start date is August 15. PLEASE HELP πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by princetx(m): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
Eni997:
You need to ask someone in the US to pay it for you

Thank you.
Ah! Me no get anybody for US ooo.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungWizard007: 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
princetx:

You can make use of Payday app

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (561)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: Joybena and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.