Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,739 members, 7,875,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (745440 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (561) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Drone95(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11
Is it advisable to go for interview with deficit of 10k above? Note: I don't have enough money to pay for this deficit. And there no sponsor to assist me in paying. Or I should just wait and apply to get a fully funded offer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Kichivictory: 2:46pm On Mar 11
Good day house...Kindly share with me F-1 link for appointment searching( Lagos or Abuja) ..Thank you ,,👃
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by DigitalearningP: 3:52pm On Mar 11
HEY GUYS,

FOR ALL INFORMATION ABOUT WORK PERMIT, VISA VISITOR, RESIDENCE PERMIT

CLICK THIS LINK : https://workandstudyblog.com/
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JSOLACE6070(m): 7:20pm On Mar 11
Good evening everyone
Thanks so much for all your helpful contributions on this forum...
Please I need you all advice and contributions..
I was denied an F2 visa, middle of December 2023 at Abuja USA embassy because I wasn't able to prove STRONG HOME TIES according to the slip that was handed over to me..
Then I reapply immediately to Abuja embassy again which it took almost a month plus some weeks for them to approve me (details in the photo attached) in scheduling for a date..
And since then haven't gotten a date up to now.. is this my problem, what are the way forward?
This morning have changed from Abuja to Lagos because I now work very close to Lagos maybe there will be date.. is anything wrong with that?
And have there been any F2 date within December last year to this moment ? maybe just me alone not seeing date..
Please guys I need your contribution 🙏
Please am also interested in joining groups for mock sessions and any others groups that will be seeing latest info 🙏 🙏 
Thank you so much I am open to advise criticism please be thorough with me I don't mind I am here to learn

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11
Goodness706:
Good evening everyone!
I did applied to a University in the USA for MSC and I was given. To cut the long story short, I have personally followed the process up to the level of entering my Visa application, however I have some few clarifications before entering some information on my DS-160 form online.
For the purpose of visa interview and consideration for approval;
1. Would it be proper for me to fill that I have record of been trained in fire arm and that I am retired from the military service?
2. Would it be proper to choose "Retired" where the question in respect of where I currently work comes up since I am truly retired but still developing myself academically and doing some remote work. Would it not be a red flag that I am retired and not currently working in my country home.
3. Is it proper to indicate that I have relatives in the US since I have close relatives there?
4. Moreso,I got loan approval to cover my tuition and living expenses for a session including a supporting statement of account from a sponsor. My question is which of the two is more appropriate to fill in as the person paying for my trip?

Contributions from experienced individuals on this subject is highly needed.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Hey 🤠

*** You have few enemies of USA visa in your profile and their leader is your primary career .

1. Don't even think about it . The US embassy (government) doesn't trust any foreing military (retired or active) personnel other than their own service men. I have many explanations on this but if you say yes you are in for BIG battle and if you say no it would be crazy for a retired military guy to not be able to use firearm.

2. Don't mention your military career . Since 911 the US immigration , embassies , border control etc have not being joking with the security of their citizens and they understand what is call a conspiracy to commit crime .

3. Having relatives in the USA is not a crime but i bet you they will do background checks on them all because you were once a military man .

4. You just have to rebirth yourself . Wisdom is profitable to direct . I am not writing that ex service men cannot get visas but its gonna be a teaser .

Best Wishes 🙏

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11
JSOLACE6070:
Good evening everyone
I was denied an F2 visa, middle of December 2023 at Abuja USA embassy because I wasn't able to prove STRONG HOME TIES according to the slip that was handed over to me..
Then I reapply immediately to Abuja embassy again which it took almost a month plus some weeks for them to approve me (details in the photo attached) in scheduling for a date..
And since then haven't gotten a date up to now.. is this my problem, what are the way forward?
This morning have changed from Abuja to Lagos because I now work very close to Lagos maybe there will be date.. is anything wrong with that?
And have there been any F2 date within December last year to this moment ? maybe just me alone not seeing date..
Please am also interested in joining groups for mock sessions and any others groups that will be seeing latest info 🙏 🙏 
Thank you so much I am open to advise criticism please be thorough with me I don't mind I am here to learn

Hey 🤠

1. USA visa denial slip under 214b won't explain your denial reasons , therfore its your imagination that they denied you because of STRONG HOME TIES .

2. You cannot prove any home tie again because YOU ARE THE TIE (reason your spouse got the visa) who will draw the partner in the USA to Nigeria occasionally.

2. The only reason the USA embassy will approve your emergency visa appointment as an F2 applicant is IF the medical center in your spouse institution in the USA write a letter to the Nigeria embassy that your spouse might become inactive if he or she did not see you immediately 🙂

3. Ipso facto , you will keep searching for dates or wait till the appointment get to you. F2 does not have major relevant but your spouse can manoeuvre your way via an emotional letter .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:02pm On Mar 11
[quote author=OyoTunjiUSA post=128891751]

Hey 🤠

1. USA visa denial slip under 214b won't explain your denial reasons , therfore its your imagination that they denied you because of STRONG HOME TIES .

2. You cannot prove any home tie again because YOU ARE THE TIE (reason your spouse got the visa) who will draw the partner in the USA to Nigeria occasionally.

2. The only reason the USA embassy will approve your emergency visa appointment as an F2 applicant is IF the medical center in your spouse institution in the USA write a letter to the Nigeria embassy that your spouse might become inactive if he or she did not see you immediately 🙂

3. Ipso facto , you will keep searching for dates or wait till the appointment get to your turn. F2 does not have major relevant but your spouse can manoeuvre your way via an emotional letter .

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sammyup: 9:14am On Mar 12
Good day everyone, pls do any one have a link for B1/B2 date search group?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Localboy48: 9:38am On Mar 12
JSOLACE6070:
Good evening everyone

I just checked your last transcript. Actually, you were denied because you said you just got married in December and you’re right at the embassy the same December for an F-2 visa interview.. tbh that looks like an arrangement…. But you should get it at the second attempt..cuz it’s been long now that u married …over three
Months

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ARISTOCRATDAMMY1(m): 10:11am On Mar 12
We have not read any US transcripts for the year 2024. What's the issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:22am On Mar 12
ARISTOCRATDAMMY1:
We have not read any US transcripts for the year 2024. What's the issue?
People will begin to attend their interviews from next month.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by fearlessfang: 2:27pm On Mar 12
Goodness706:
Good evening everyone!
I did applied to a University in the USA for MSC and I was given. To cut the long story short, I have personally followed the process up to the level of entering my Visa application, however I have some few clarifications before entering some information on my DS-160 form online.
For the purpose of visa interview and consideration for approval;
1. Would it be proper for me to fill that I have record of been trained in fire arm and that I am retired from the military service?
2. Would it be proper to choose "Retired" where the question in respect of where I currently work comes up since I am truly retired but still developing myself academically and doing some remote work. Would it not be a red flag that I am retired and not currently working in my country home.
3. Is it proper to indicate that I have relatives in the US since I have close relatives there?
4. Moreso,I got loan approval to cover my tuition and living expenses for a session including a supporting statement of account from a sponsor. My question is which of the two is more appropriate to fill in as the person paying for my trip?

Contributions from experienced individuals on this subject is highly needed.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Don’t listen to anyone who tell you not to mention your military career in your profile. I have a friend who is in Nigerian Navy and she is here on her PhD program. She didn’t take out her experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 3:46pm On Mar 12
My friend with full funding PhD got denied at the embassy.

So, my friend secured admission and full funding at a university, but date for visa interview delayed him. He was able to get a date for interview one week before his school resumption.

On the day of the interview, he was asked just 3 questions. After the second question (I don't remember what the two questions were), the VO collected his I-20 and went around to show other VOs, they mumbled somethings after which she came back and started typing.

Then, she asked him "how will your degree change your salary"

My friend had only finished answering the question when the VO issued him the pink slip.

He thinks it's because of his resumption date which was already very close.

Now, he reached out to the school and they deferred the admission to second quarter of spring (around May) because he already deferred it from last year.

Now he wants to go for another interview, but there's a challenge.

When the VO asks him what has changed from his last interview, what answer should he give?

Because, his last profile was perfect. Full funding and everything. So what answer can he give to that question?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:59pm On Mar 12
anchex101:

So, my friend secured admission and full funding at a university, but date for visa interview delayed him. He was able to get a date for interview one week before his school resumption.

On the day of the interview, he was asked just 3 questions. After the second question (I don't remember what the two questions were), the VO collected his I-20 and went around to show other VOs, they mumbled somethings after which she came back and started typing.

My friend had only finished answering the question when the VO issued him the pink slip.

Now, he reached out to the school and they deferred the admission to second quarter of spring (around May) because he already deferred it from last year.

When the VO asks him what has changed from his last interview, what answer should he give?

Because, his last profile was perfect. Full funding and everything. So what answer can he give to that question?

Hey 🤠

1. I have written it several time that having 1000% scholarship plus the school paying for your flight ticket and housing does not concern the Visa officer , but some will say Oyotunji is against scholarships .

2. I will wait for my ogas to give us wisdom because i want to learn from this scenario .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Localboy48: 4:09pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. I have written it several time that having 1000% scholarship plus the school paying for your flight ticket and housing does not concern the Visa officer , but some will say Oyotunji is against scholarships .

2. I will wait for my ogas to give us wisdom because i want to learn from this scenario .

Best Wishes 🙏

So what do you think is wrong in this case?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12
Localboy48:

So what do you think is wrong in this case?

Hey 🤠

1. For the sake of humanity. Any one who want to give you near accurate solution must 1st see the copy of the Form I 20 and possibly have clues on what your friend filled in his DS 160 . Forget about the date missing and the question" How will your degree change your salary " Its a gimmick to arrive at a decision .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jovieeee(f): 4:28pm On Mar 12
Good day,
Please can anyone share the contact details of America embassy Abuja.
I tried logging in on the CGI portal change my DS-160 detail due the deferral of admission but I noticed that the option to edit my details/cancel or reschedule my appointment was not available /print my appointment was no longer there.
What can be the reasons for this

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 4:42pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. For the sake of humanity. Any one who want to give you near accurate solution must 1st see the copy of the Form I 20 and possibly have clues on what your friend filled in his DS 160 . Forget about the date missing and the question" How will your degree change your salary " Its a gimmick to arrive at a decision .

Best Wishes 🙏

He had LOTS of assistance from people to fill out his DS 160 form. People went over his form both on zoom and physically before he submitted.

Per work; he filled that he worked at a company and earns 200k+ as salary. In fact, judging from what he told me, and the people who went over his form before submitting, I'd say his form is okay as is.

The date isn't missing. I never said it was.

The issue arose when the VO took his I-20 to show other officers. That was the turning point of everything. Because immediately the officer got back, she started typing. The only logical reason is the date on the I-20.

He was not asked his post study plans, he was not asked anything about home ties or living expenses, or anything like that.

Which is kind of odd.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:14pm On Mar 12
anchex101:

He had LOTS of assistance from people to fill out his DS 160 form. People went over his form both on zoom and physically before he submitted.

Per work; he filled that he worked at a company and earns 200k+ as salary. In fact, judging from what he told me, and the people who went over his form before submitting, I'd say his form is okay as is.

The issue arose when the VO took his I-20 to show other officers. That was the turning point of everything. Because immediately the officer got back, she started typing. The only logical reason is the date on the I-20.

He was not asked his post study plans, he was not asked anything about home ties or living expenses, or anything like that.

Which is kind of odd.

Hey 🤠

1. I misquoted you (below) on the date missing , i am awfully sorry sir .

but date for visa interview delayed him. He was able to get a date for interview one week before his school resumption.

2. I am quoting you correctly now ...

He had LOTS of assistance from people to fill out his DS 160 form. People went over his form both on zoom and physically before he submitted. *** THEY HAVE DISORGANIZED HIS DS 160 ACCURACY (too many experts)...

3. ¹the VO collected his I-20 and went around to show other VOs, they mumbled somethings after which she came back and started typing.
**** A REASONABLE SOLUTIION PROVIDER WILL WANT TO SEE THE FORM I 20 TOO.

4. Quoting you continue ...... He was not asked his post study plans, he was not asked anything about home ties or living expenses, or anything like that.

**** Then, she asked him "how will your degree change your salary" (THIS IS POST STUDY PLANS QUESTION. THE VO TWISTED IT AND AS A Phd Applicant he was supppsed to know .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 5:37pm On Mar 12
anchex101:

Which is kind of odd.

Are you the friend? cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 5:44pm On Mar 12
USAfall2024:

Are you the friend? cry

Would it change the outcome of responses I would get here? Being the friend or no?

I am NOT, for the record.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:50pm On Mar 12
USAfall2024:

Are you the friend? cry

Hey 🤠

@USAfall2024. Dont mind him . You can see that he is being hash towards you. He is a travel agent , i know them psychologically but its not a sin.

1. If i can see the Form I 20 and the real detail of what they filled in the DS 160 i can conttibute my quota .

2. They will come with half -truth questions and expecting accurate answers , thereby rendering opinions useless.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 6:21pm On Mar 12
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

@USAfall2024. Dont mind him . You can see that he is being hash towards you. He is a travel agent , i know them psychologically but its not a sin.

1. If i can see the Form I 20 and the real detail of what they filled in the DS 160 i can conttibute my quota .

2. They will come with half -truth questions and expecting accurate answers , thereby rendering opinions useless.

Best Wishes 🙏

I don't see how 'being harsh' made it into this conversation, or I probably missed something. Me being the friend or not, I don't think it had anything to do with the question, or the answers, in the first place.

And two, you don't even know me, and I don't know you either. Yet you rushed to tag me a travel agent. That's laughable.

Talk about coming with half truths. Lol. I find that quite funny, coming from someone I don't know.

You don't expect me to go and request for his I-20 and DS-160 forms from him, because I don't even have them. If it were you and I asked you for them, would you be be willing to release them to me?

He had a situation, and I offered to source for opinions, based on the information I got from him, and you're here talking about half truths. What's my business with travel agency and stuff?

"You can see he's being harsh" yet your paragraphs have accusatory undertones. That's not very nice.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:43pm On Mar 12
anchex101:

I don't see how 'being harsh' made it into this conversation, or I probably missed something. Me being the friend or not, I don't think it had anything to do with the question, or the answers, in the first place.

And two, you don't even know me, and I don't know you either. Yet you rushed to tag me a travel agent. That's laughable.

Talk about coming with half truths. Lol. I find that quite funny, coming from someone I don't know.

You don't expect me to go and request for his I-20 and DS-160 forms from him, because I don't even have them. If it were you and I asked you for them, would you be be willing to release them to me?

He had a situation, and I offered to source for opinions, based on the information I got from him, and you're here talking about half truths. What's my business with travel agency and stuff?

"You can see he's being harsh" yet your paragraphs have accusatory undertones. That's not very nice.

Hey 🤠

**** You don't expect me to go and request for his I-20 and DS-160 forms from him, because I don't even have them. If it were you and I asked you for them, would you be be willing to release them to me?

1. What would anyone do with your Form I 20 ? I can scan 20 different Form I 20s to you right away . You can't use it , you can't duplicate it for anybody . Gone are the days of Oluwole where you can use someone's Form I 20 by doing travel passport on his or her name .

2. The complication to get the accuracy of the original owner will even complicate issues ..Anyways let's just call it a day. I am not requesting it by force . Its my own modus operandi , I always put myself in the position of a visa officers .

3. LET ME TELL YOU IN SIMPLICITY

**** What the visa officers read on the Form I 20 is a major blow to your friend's visa . I want to see that thing that call the attention of other visa officers . You may give the same Form I 20 to 100 proof readers and they won't denote that culprit .

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by USAfall2024: 7:00pm On Mar 12
anchex101:

Would it change the outcome of responses I would get here? Being the friend or no?

I am NOT, for the record.

I didn't mean it as an attack. I was only trying to be sympathetic toward such a heartbreak "your friend" had to pass through. But tbh, one can't accurately point out the reason for the denial with the loopholes in your narration, which was another reason I asked my earlier question. We (and you) don't know the first two questions and the response he gave. That might be where the VO picked suspicion and had to ask for the opinions of her other VOs. So until your friend tells the full story himself, any advice given will be based on half-truths and sentiments.

Also, you seemed to know so much about the said friend which was another reason I picked suspicion that there is really no friend. But I'm happy you cleared my doubt that you're not. Please send your friend the link of this thread and we'll be happy to assist him in getting the desired solution.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JohnZak: 7:07pm On Mar 12
First off, visa interviews can go either way regardless of how prepared one might be. Although full or partial funding is definitely advantageous, it does not always guarantee visa approval. Likewise, little or no funding does not always guarantee visa rejection. There is an element of grace or luck (depending on your POV) to these things.

The other thing is that the VO may just have been having a bad day. This happens more than we want or like to admit and the VO may just have been looking for a reason to deny your friend.

I looked at your previous posts and a few things seem off. This may be why the VO asked the other officers about the details on your friend's I20. In a previous post from Jan, you mentioned your friend was scheduled to resume on March 11.

Most schools here have Spring, Fall, and Summer semesters (Summer I and II). Some accelerated programs also have a winter program (late December to January). I may be wrong but I have not heard of a school resuming in mid-march, except those resuming after mid-semester spring break and new students don't start at this point. I am not sure but if your friend was unable to explain why his school was resuming in mid-march when other schools resume in January, this may have been an issue for the VO. Probably explains why she chatted with her colleagues. Resuming in mid-march for a program that originally resumed in Jan would be a red flag. Which school issued your friend's I20?

Now, you say your friend is deferring to "second quarter of spring". Again, I may be wrong but I have never heard of deferring to "second quarter of spring". I suggest you get the correct details from your friend because if he can't address these issues to you, I am not sure he will be able to do so when he goes for his interview at a later date and he will likely have the same outcome as before.

If the resumption dates for this school are accurate like you said -- "second quarter of spring"-- your friend should preemptively address this with the VO because it is common for new students to resume at the beginning of Fall or Spring semesters and even less so in Summer semester.

anchex101:

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayosharon4321: 8:23pm On Mar 12
Hi house,

My name is Sharon, I’m new here.
I have a Thirdclass degree in accounting 1.78/5.0 from LASU, I graduated in 2021. I’ve been working as. Finance analyst for 2years now, so looking into data anaIytucs/business analytics
I want to go abroad for studies, I don’t know of any school in USA that accepts low gpa(PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH THAT).
Received several rejections from UK. So please I need help with schools in USA (I’m funding myself, but I wouldn’t mind fully funded also)

Please TREAT URGENTLY
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:54pm On Mar 12
Ayosharon4321:
Hi house,

My name is Sharon, I’m new here.
I have a Thirdclass degree in accounting 1.78/5.0 from LASU, I graduated in 2021. I’ve been working as. Finance analyst for 2years now, so looking into data anaIytucs/business analytics
I want to go abroad for studies, I don’t know of any school in USA that accepts low gpa(PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH THAT).
Received several rejections from UK. So please I need help with schools in USA (I’m funding myself, but I wouldn’t mind fully funded also)

Please TREAT URGENTLY

If you’re looking to go to the Uk you should be looking to go for a top up program and not masters degree.
For the U.S. you should try to search on google first and also I’m sure those who have an idea here will help you out, if I come across any I’ll edit this message to include them but you should really consider a top up I have a few people who did that.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12
I didn't consider it as one, tbh. I was only wondering what difference it would make with the issue being discussed. If it would have changed the solution to the problem.

USAfall2024:

I didn't mean it as an attack. I was only trying to be sympathetic toward such a heartbreak "your friend" had to pass through.

If I didn't gather the much information I could, then how would I be able to bring it up here in the first place? I'm looking for answers. He is doing the same. I happen to know about this thread (and nairaland, not everyone knows about and/or uses nairaland, let alone this thread), so me bringing the issue here is not out of place. And to do that, I need to "know so much about it" so I can present it to the best of my ability.

If I was the friend, why would I not remember the questions the VO asked me? And what would I even stand to gain by saying 'my friend's when it's actually me?

Ffs nobody knows anybody here. There are no faces attached to any usernames here, so the idea of someone saying I'm the friend, when I'm clearly not is actually off putting, if I'm being honest.

USAfall2024:

We (and you) don't know the first two questions and the response he gave. That might be where the VO picked suspicion and had to ask for the opinions of her other VOs.

Why then would I be HIS FRIEND if I don't know somethings about him, and him, about me? Isn't that what friends are for? I must be tripping. Or I probably understand friendship differently.

USAfall2024:

Also, you seemed to know so much about the said friend which was another reason I picked suspicion that there is really no friend. But I'm happy you cleared my doubt that you're not. Please send your friend the link of this thread and we'll be happy to assist him in getting the desired solution.

I didn't mean to come across as harsh in any of my statements above, if in any case, it sounded that way, I apologize. Thanks for your input anyway.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by anchex101(m): 9:40pm On Mar 12
Well thank you for the elaborate response. I'm only going based off what I was told. I don't think I have the exact/specific information about the whole date of resumption and deferral if that's what you're asking -- I would know if I was the person in question, but it's still within that ball park.

For the records, about the deferring to spring second quarter, that's what he told me. The school he got admitted in is in Louisiana, and it was stated in his offer letter that their resumption is by March.

I'd relay everything back to him, at this point, we're actively seeking solutions. Thanks for your input.

Edit: it's actually June (summer) for the deferral. Like I said earlier, within that range.

JohnZak:
First off, visa interviews can go either way regardless of how prepared one might be. Although full or partial funding is definitely advantageous, it does not always guarantee visa approval. Likewise, little or no funding does not always guarantee visa rejection. There is an element of grace or luck (depending on your POV) to these things.

The other thing is that the VO may just have been having a bad day. This happens more than we want or like to admit and the VO may just have been looking for a reason to deny your friend.

I looked at your previous posts and a few things seem off. This may be why the VO asked the other officers about the details on your friend's I20. In a previous post from Jan, you mentioned your friend was scheduled to resume on March 11.

Most schools here have Spring, Fall, and Summer semesters (Summer I and II). Some accelerated programs also have a winter program (late December to January). I may be wrong but I have not heard of a school resuming in mid-march, except those resuming after mid-semester spring break and new students don't start at this point. I am not sure but if your friend was unable to explain why his school was resuming in mid-march when other schools resume in January, this may have been an issue for the VO. Probably explains why she chatted with her colleagues. Resuming in mid-march for a program that originally resumed in Jan would be a red flag. Which school issued your friend's I20?

Now, you say your friend is deferring to "second quarter of spring". Again, I may be wrong but I have never heard of deferring to "second quarter of spring". I suggest you get the correct details from your friend because if he can't address these issues to you, I am not sure he will be able to do so when he goes for his interview at a later date and he will likely have the same outcome as before.

If the resumption dates for this school are accurate like you said -- "second quarter of spring"-- your friend should preemptively address this with the VO because it is common for new students to resume at the beginning of Fall or Spring semesters and even less so in Summer semester.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayosharon4321: 9:48pm On Mar 12
Debbieeeeeee:

If you’re looking to go to the Uk you should be looking to go for a top up program and not masters degree.
For the U.S. you should try to search on google first and also I’m sure those who have an idea here will help you out, if I come across any I’ll edit this message to include them but you should really consider a top up I have a few people who did that.

Thank you for replying. I applied to Seattle uni but they said they’ll need Wes evaluation, considering my case and the low gpa… don’t know if it will be successful cos it’s almost 500knaira after conversion.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ayosharon4321: 9:49pm On Mar 12
Debbieeeeeee:

Thank you for replying. I applied to Seattle uni but they said they’ll need Wes evaluation, considering my case and the low gpa… don’t know if it will be successful cos it’s almost 500k after conversion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (561)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.