Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,466 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (749609 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (561) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Juwon21:
Nairalander, please what is the best and affordable airline to fly from Nigeria to Tallahasee Florida.

It is urgent please, i need recommendation

You can look on google flights and kayak
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by mystifyer: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2022
Greattestman:
emanuelle27 please help drop the Lagos appointment search group link.
Thanks.

please help with the link for Lagos search group.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Afritop(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
If I am to apply for an expedited student visa interview like when is the embassy expected to respond. Does it take long.
I am expected to start in the masters in the fall quarter. And what could make an applicant be denied EA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ferdinard21(m): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
Anyone applied for F1 visa from Abu Dhabi?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
Shannon70:

Going to emphasize this. If anything US visa policy encourages brain drain. A Consular Officer is not thinking "oh got to keep the doctors in Nigeria." And agree good quality school.

Thanks alot for this clarification
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2022
Afritop:
If I am to apply for an expedited student visa interview like when is the embassy expected to respond. Does it take long.
I am expected to start in the masters in the fall quarter. And what could make an applicant be denied EA.

Anything from 1 day to a few weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Spanishmilf(m): 4:51am On Aug 20, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

Lol. It's too late for me to reapply. I'll be sending in another application for spring in my school as my school doesn't defer admission. I'll change my location to Abuja. I'll then find one proper coat to wear on that day. Lol
why are you not interested in other countries
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pompeiimagnus: 5:39am On Aug 20, 2022
propexticy:

Can you complete the response.
But the F1 visa requires you to demonstrate that you will be returning back to your home country.

Baba if they ask how you intend to pay back the loan, what would be your response? $50k + interest is a big deal especially if you say you plan to return to Naija after graduation

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anayo681(m): 6:20am On Aug 20, 2022
sunshine087:
Your wife and child were supposed to be your home ties. I believe the VO was ready to grant your visa before you indicated they (your family) were coming on vacation.  That sounds like migration to them. Your wife and child were supposed to be your home ties.

I might be wrong**

I think you're right. moreso, his been sponsored by dad, dont you think that will be extra weight on him?.
The problem js not far from that area.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Temitope261(f): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2022
Greattestman:
Thanks..Mystifyer here's the link

The link is invalid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Goodman1010: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hi guys. Please can someone help me with list of schools that doesn't require GRE. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cyingfreeman: 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2022
Spanishmilf:
why are you not interested in other countries

Countries like?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Godwilldomyown: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
*Proposed transcript for interview in view days time*

2nd Attempt

F2 with 2 kids

Lagos

V.O: Good morning. Pass me your documents

F2: Good morning ma

V.O: why are you going to the US?

F2: I'm going to the US to visit and support my loving and caring husband who is presently studying for his PhD in the department xyz.
I missed my darling husband so much, since we got married about 8 years ago we had never been separated for this long and the children also miss their dad and constantly demanding to physically see their father. He visited us during Christmas break in last year December but couldn't visit during this last summer because he was busy with his Lab .

V.O: How long has your husband been in the US

F2: He traveled last year July, it's been 1year and one month now.

V.O: Have you traveled before?

F2: I haven't traveled before

V.O: what's your husband studying

F2: my husband is studying xyz in the University of ABC

V.O: when did you get married?

F2: we got married in 2014. It's been 8years now

V.O: where do you work?

F2: I work in the university of Ibadan as xyz. I will state my cadre & job roles

V.O: what has changed since your last application?

F2: I was really tensed and nervous during my last interview, so I couldn't answer my questions well but I'm more confident now. Also we initially wanted to stay with my husband for the entire period of his study, but I now have new management in my place of work with new administration and they have saddled me with more responsibilities of coordinating and supervising students on intership to my place of work. And now they only granted me 6weeks annual leave of which I have to resume back to work at the end of my 6weeks annual leave and the children also resume back to their school

V.O: How long will you be staying?

F2: we planned to visit him for 6weeks. I will soon commence my annual leave by December and the children also will soon be on December break from school. So we planned to visit him during December holiday.

V.O: who's sponsoring your trip?

F2: we will be using family funds. My husband and I has been working in Nigeria university for more that 8years and we have saved up some money. I also have a running business where I sell and supply bags of food items here in Nigeria that I have been running the business before I got married. And my father in law also has a lot of landed properties. Recently, he sold some portion of this land and my husband share out of the money was sent to him.

V.O: Everything looks good. I will be approving your visa. Enjoy your stay in the US

F2: Thank you ma

Please your useful suggestions are highly welcome

Please I also need volunteers for one on one mock interview.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MropeEleniyan00(m): 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2022
Please can one get the Scan copy of his iD 20 to the embassy because a school just Said I should make a choice cos some embassy's do collect Scan copy of it

Is possible in Naija .
Pls response needed ASAP

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by awele186: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hello, hope having two years left on the international passport won't impact negatively when applying for a student visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lovethchisom(f): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
MY EA WAS DENIED YESTERDAY AND MY RESUMPTION DATE IS AUGUST 22. THE EA REQUEST US STILL SHOWING IN MY PORTAL. SHOULD I REQUEST FOR ANOTHER EA. WHAT DO I DO??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2022
Cyingfreeman:

Countries like?
Canada
Uk
Switzerland
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2022
Godwilldomyown:
@ Nigpatriot pls kindly help me out for mock interview. My interview is nextweek. Thank you sir.

message me please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NigPatriot(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
awele186:
Hello, hope having two years left on the international passport won't impact negatively when applying for a student visa?

its very okay, if it were anything less than 6 months that should have been an issue.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Blessing07064: 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2022
Hello house please
Has anyone gone for interview in Lagos or even Abuja recently probably late last month or early this please I really want to what the situation is like . I can't find any recent thread hear for last month or THIS month
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by awele186: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
Thanks

its very okay, if it were anything less than 6 months that should have been an issue.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sammyboy(m): 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
@shannon70 thanks for all you do on this platform and in this thread particularly. Please I have 2 questions...

1. My visa interview on 18th Aug. was successful, but VO gave yellow paper cos I'm going for spring. Earliest admission date is 5th Dec and program start date is 4th Jan, 2023. Please when is the earliest date I can go drop passport considering the 120days policy. Does it count against the earliest admission date or program start date?

2. If I travel as early as 5th of Dec, which is the earliest admission date, is it possible I have any issues with Homeland security at POE? I actually need to move that early so I can fully acclimatise; as North Dakota is not a joke of a freezing weather. I'm on conditional admission and can't afford anything affecting my academics, so I need to be ready body, mind and soul before program begins.

Kindly advise please. Thanks again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (561)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: Docjay042 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.