Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:00 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (756442 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (561) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2022
MelaninGemstone:
Shannon70, I got a question please

Do you guys have access to our old DS-160 forms of visa applicants or just the current one for that interview?

It depends on how long ago the interview was - but for the last five years yes.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
Uriel12:
Good Morning Nairaland.

Please a quick question.
In Building travel history, which countries are good choices to visit?
And are not too expensive?��

UK
Canada
EU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by MelaninGemstone(f): 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
Shannon70:

Okay thank you. Another question please

My brother just graduated from Harvard in May and I’m going to Boston University this fall in the same Massachusetts. If you were adjudicating my visa application, would I seem like an intending immigrant?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
MelaninGemstone:

My brother just graduated from Harvard in May and I’m going to Boston University this fall in the same Massachusetts. If you were adjudicating my visa application, would I seem like an intending immigrant?
grin grin grin everybody is seen as an intending immigrant, just have a strong argument grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2022
Qubratshalewa:
Good evening everyone
I went for my F1 interview on Monday but I was denied.
Firstly, I will like to share my story. I got a full funding scholarship with a TA for PhD in chemistry. While filling the Ds160 , I answered yes to question about any relative in the US which is my husband and a citizen. On the interview day after questions abt my studies, the vo asked abt relative in the us, asked few questions regarding my marriage and then I was denied. I want to try if I could be lucky to reapply for spring again but I have some questions troubling me.
My questions are;
1. Do they keep previously filled DS160 information? I am thinking if in my next application I should put no for relative in the US. I know anyone can say why not in the first time, BT my husband thinks it can affect later if he want to file for me
2. What is my chance of getting approved if I reapply again?
I know people can say why not file instead but it take nothing less than 2years coupled with the fact DAT I want to pursue my PhD.

Please I need people suggestions on this.Thanks
DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING IN YOUR DS160, THEY HAVE THE INFORMATION, you have a fully funded scholarship so you have a very strong argument already, go back and try again, be very clear about your post study plans and opportunities in Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
anastmary:
I applied for F1 visa, with full tuition waiver and RA, I was denied in Aug, 2022
The VO asked me the following:
VO: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going to YZ University
VO: To do what?
Me: To purse a PhD in Environmental engineering
VO: Where is your spouse?
Me: My spouse is studying in the same university
Vo: How long have you been married?
Me: 18months
Vo: why didn't you apply for f2
Me: I didn't have a need for that, I'm going to study
Vo; how long have you been married
Me: same answer, 18months
Me: same answer
He issued me the blue paper
What we're my mistakes?
Now I am applying for F2, my spouse has till Dec 2023 to complete his study, what should be my intended length of stay
my dear don't go for f2 oh, it'll backfire oh, stick to f1, with your fully funded offer too I believe another VO might have a different opinion, be clear that u applied to the same school because you also wanna be close to ur husband but u ultimately wantu study and get back to your job, don't try F2 at all at this point, this is my subjective opinion, VO's might have there own reasons

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2022
MelaninGemstone:

No - I would think you come from a family of high achievers, Make sure you mention that BU required proof if funds before issuing the I20 - good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tallvictor23: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Good afternoon @walspring . I want to pay my sevis fee , this is my email address: aaronvictor23.av@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
anastmary:
I applied for F1 visa, with full tuition waiver and RA, I was denied in Aug, 2022
The VO asked me the following:
VO: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going to YZ University
VO: To do what?
Me: To purse a PhD in Environmental engineering
VO: Where is your spouse?
Me: My spouse is studying in the same university
Vo: How long have you been married?
Me: 18months
Me: I didn't have a need for that, I'm going to study
Vo; how long have you been married
Me: same answer, 18months
Me: same answer
He issued me the blue paper
What we're my mistakes?
Now I am applying for F2, my spouse has till Dec 2023 to complete his study, what should be my intended length of stay

There's clearly a good deal missing here. There seems to be a big swing in applicants who provide so much information that it overwhelms the consular officer e.g. "I am going to East State University in Anytown, USA to study with Prof Smith whose ground breaking research in the area of XYZ has led to a breakthrough in that area and has accepted me as his principal research associate." TMI

Then there is the student who answers every question yes or no, or with as little data as possible.

What the consular officer was asking you was why did you not get an F2 when your. husband applied for his F1. I would have expected you to apply for you F1's together or an F1/F2 together

I know everyone wants to be seen as unique - but the Consular Officer has only so much band width. No is the default answer and therefore easy - make it an easy yes.

Bonafide student
ability to pay
Present intent to return.

Regardless of the question, you need to answer that and then pivot to one or more of those three points.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hello guys , I want to apply for msc in USA , do they require the certificate of transcript and degree cert?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 4:56pm On Aug 26, 2022
ghettonews:
Hello guys , I want to apply for msc in USA , do they require the certificate of transcript and degree cert?

Yes most if not all school would require.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Walspring: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2022
Tallvictor23:
Good afternoon @walspring . I want to pay my sevis fee , this is my email address: aaronvictor23.av@gmail.com

Alright and check your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sunshine087: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hello all!

What is the earliest day to travel for a start January 17?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by awele186: 7:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
Do airlines still require covid test?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Systrom(m): 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2022
awele186:
Do airlines still require covid test?
Someone should answer this !!

Do airlines still require Covid test or vaccination card would suffice?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by beejhay69: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
Systrom:
Someone should answer this !!

Do airlines still require Covid test or vaccination card would suffice?
Vaccination card only.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by awele186: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2022
Thanks, no need for a covid test then.

Vaccination card only.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joeshuwa: 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
Shannon70:

What about DS-160 forms that were submitted and changes were made later on before the interview date. (I'm talking for first time interviewing and not previously denied)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Joeshuwa: 12:00am On Aug 27, 2022
Joeshuwa:

What about DS-160 forms that were submitted and changes were made later on before the interview date. (I'm talking for first time interviewing and not previously denied)
Please I need a format for applying for an Emergency Interview.. someone should please help out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2022
GOOD MORNING BOSSES

THIS IS URGENT PLEASE

How do I reprint my DS-160 confirmation page, after submitting. I am yet to receive the page on my email

Note please, I RETRIEVED the page I filled before and did a new editing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by controlla1234: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hi guys,
I am moving to Montclair state Uni NJ nextweek. Please, I need assistance regarding accommodation in the city. Anyone has link to where I stay temporarily for a while before getting a place.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swerveking14: 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
Tell him I said welcome to MN…lol…I’m sure he no go care about airline that would take him out of naija. If he’s splitting his flights, he can fly Delta or Sun country when he lands in the USA to MSP.
awele186:
My bro just got his visa approved for St cloud State University, please which airline is best to book.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by awele186: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
Thanks. Just vaccination card is sufficient for entry yeah?

Tell him I said welcome to MN…lol…I’m sure he no go care about airline that would take him out of naija. If he’s splitting his flights, he can fly Delta or Sun country when he lands in the USA to MSP. [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Martinist: 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2022
awele186:
My bro just got his visa approved for St cloud State University, please which airline is best to book.

Hello bro, please I'm trying to apply to this school for spring can you help advise on what documents your brother used to apply and is it undergraduate, thank you in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ghettonews: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
Talata 24 pls do u know any uni and colleges in USA offering scholarship to international students?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Swerveking14: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
I really don’t know about the Covid thing, you’d have to ask those who just touched down.
awele186:
Thanks, he got Qatar airways. Just vaccination card is sufficient for entry yeah?

Tell him I said welcome to MN…lol…I’m sure he no go care about airline that would take him out of naija. If he’s splitting his flights, he can fly Delta or Sun country when he lands in the USA to MSP.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Talata24: 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2022
ghettonews:
Talata 24 pls do u know any uni and colleges in USA offering scholarship to international students?

Please take time to do your research on your specific program of interest and the top schools in that field. There are thousands of universities in US

I suggest joining EducationUSA if you’re in Abuja or Lagos. It’s part of the embassy and provides great resources. They even have university fairs next month.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Incredibleposh: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
guys i need assistance

i defer my admission from fall to spring
i believe i need an updated i20
but do i need to fill another ds160

plss educate me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by awele186: 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Post graduate, BSC, weac, personal statement/letter of intent

Hello bro, please I'm trying to apply to this school for spring can you help advise on what documents your brother used to apply and is it undergraduate, thank you in advance [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (561)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.