Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,926 members, 7,931,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:00 PM

My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account (638 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / Woman Collapses After Fraudsters Stole N400k From Her Bank Account In Delta / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by corporateDan(m): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2022
Hello my fellow Niairalanders...My cousin phone was stole from her bag on sunday 12th of June 2022 . She doesn't know the actual place where the phone was stole . It happened on Sunday and of which the following day was public holiday... so she could not go to bank. Lest I forget she is a deaf and dumb... A professional hair dresser. She was accompanied to Bank by a friend on Tuesday 14th of June 2022 in order to unattached her sim card from her bank account. She requested for her account balance afterwards but unfortunately the thief had withdrew a sum of #220,000 from her account..... a sum of 200k was sent to account number 2211904023 with account Name SUNDAY SAMUEL (UBA Bank ) and sum of 20k was sent to a certain phone number but the phone number was not included in the bank statement which she gave to me.

The GT bank said there is nothing they can do about it and Police were demanding for 50k to help us track the thief

We are a big family on here.. Please help my cousin.. Please help us track this thief.

Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by LIVEGOESON1: 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2022
Take it to efcc office if possible right o cbn immediately and watch ur bank wake up with immediate alacrity. Cbn is th best to reach out. I can't type long epistle cos am using botton phone good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by corporateDan(m): 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
LIVEGOESON1:
Take it to efcc office if possible right o cbn immediately and watch ur bank wake up with immediate alacrity. Cbn is th best to reach out. I can't type long epistle cos am using botton phone good luck
Thanks bro. Do you think that would be easy?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by LIVEGOESON1: 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
corporateDan:
yes go to efcc and lodge ur complain if posible get a video or voice record of the customer care telling u that there's nothing the bank coul do abt it. And don't forget to write cbn on how u lost the phone that lead to fraud on the account. The cbn will right the bank and trust me if cbn do the bank will work tooth and nail to get ur money. Las las na person wey no de inform bank go tell say there's nothing they can do abt fraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by crowbar(m): 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2022
There has been countless topics on the need of SIM LOCK on your sims, but many still chose to ignore it, then come here to wail when their negligence costs them dearly ... Sorry bro, tell her to take better precaution next time.
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by corporateDan(m): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
LIVEGOESON1:
yes go to efcc and lodge ur complain if posible get a video or voice record of the customer care telling u that there's nothing the bank coul do abt it. And don't forget to write cbn on how u lost the phone that lead to fraud on the account. The cbn will right the bank and trust me if cbn do the bank will work tooth and nail to get ur money. Las las na person wey no de inform bank go tell say there's nothing they can do abt fraud
thanks sir
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by corporateDan(m): 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2022
crowbar:
There has been countless topics on the need of SIM LOCK on your sims, but many still chose to ignore it, then come here to wail when their negligence costs them dearly ... Sorry bro, tell her to take better precaution next time.
she is a deaf and dumb sir...big thanks
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by VirileNelly2420: 11:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
crowbar:
Everyone isn't da informed. Wots d SIM LOCK all about?

My friend in Lagos had such experience too. Phone stolen, account wiped.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by JONSYN7154: 6:50am On Jun 25, 2022
corporateDan:
very easy Bro.
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by bigpicture001: 7:17am On Jun 25, 2022
So sh doesn't know that drawing patter in ur fine means ur locking ur fone ND not your sim card..?

Sh ND you next time should go to settings ND lick your sim instead of fone or bllock both
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by crowbar(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2022
corporateDan:
she is a deaf and dumb sir...big thanks

If she has the intelligence to use a phone, then she can definitely activate simlock as it ain't rocket science
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by crowbar(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Everyone isn't da informed. Wots d SIM LOCK all about?

My friend in Lagos had such experience too. Phone stolen, account wiped.
If you ain't informed as not to know what simlock is, then Boss, you have no business using a smart phone. cool
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by VirileNelly2420: 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2022
crowbar:

If you ain't informed as not to know what simlock is, then Boss, you have no business using a smart phone. cool
Plz don't get people wrong easily... A nomenclature can possibly mean something connotatively... There could be meaning other dan d one I think. We're in tech world. And if d SIM LOCK talk about is d one we know, den, it isn't peculiar to smart phones, cos button phones can do d task aswell.

But I wonder how many persons still care about locking dia SIM. Phone lock is predominant.
Re: My Cousin Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From Her Bank Account by crowbar(m): 3:35pm On Jun 25, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Plz don't get people wrong easily... A nomenclature can possibly mean something connotatively... There could be meaning other dan d one I think. We're in tech world. And if d SIM LOCK talk about is d one we know, den, it isn't peculiar to smart phones, cos button phones can do d task aswell.

But I wonder how many persons still care about locking dia SIM. Phone lock is predominant.
There has been countless threads here and other forums and about the importance of simlocks, especially nowadays that most people's main sims are linked to a lot of important info about you, at times your phones are not as important as the sim if it falls into the hands on the wrong people.
Please we should always try to activate simlocks on our sims and stop making it easy for miscreants to get to your accounts.

(1) (Reply)

Togolese Man Caught Red-handed For Selling Drugs In Ghana That Make People Mad / R.kelly Sentenced To 30 Years In Federal Prison For Sex Trafficking(Pics) / 7 Effective Ways You Can Make Money Online -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.