Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,454 members, 7,968,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:53 PM

Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) (38870 Views)

For Rent : Terrace In Oral Estate After The 2nd Tollgate Ikota-lekki. (photos) / Beautiful 2 Bedrooms Duplex For Rent @ Southern View Estate By The 2nd Tollgate / Tree Fell On Woman's Mud House In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by miraculousGod(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
it's as a result of poor foundation
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by ogkrakkid(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
There's only one solution close to the solution.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by frozen70(f): 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:
This particular side of my farmland fence failed for the second year running as a result of rain water. The back of the fence is sloppy, so all the rain water coming down from behind lodge at the back of the fence. So last year after the fence failed, we constructed four concrete pillars, and still it failed yesterday again. Although, someone suggested that I do a drainage to pass through the farmland but I am not disposed to the idea because of reptiles that may be gaining access into the land, so we didnt do that.

Engineers in the house, please what do you advice I do to stop this recurrence.

Thanks

Start with a concrea cast foundation above four coach level, meaning that after the concreat cast, you start with block work up ward

Still place concreat pillars in every 10ft

Let it be deep so that it will have a firm grip to the soil

Then that port of the fence, create a water channel to remove any water that may want to lodge there and create more channels to lead the water out
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Housing(m): 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
You may need to construction a raft before setting of blocks for the fence. Having few holes with pipe will be a plus. You can have metal wired net covering those holes by nailing it to the raft with the aid of tornado nails.

Please don't use block as the foundation for that section of the fence again
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by ultimateprof: 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
Everything about Buhari used to be from "top to bottom" so your usher name is thisisBuhari and think that is why your fence is falling. This is how Tinubu, Atiku ,Kwankwaso and Elrufai will fail.

Amen!
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Light78: 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:
This particular side of my farmland fence failed for the second year running as a result of rain water. The back of the fence is sloppy, so all the rain water coming down from behind lodge at the back of the fence. So last year after the fence failed, we constructed four concrete pillars, and still it failed yesterday again. Although, someone suggested that I do a drainage to pass through the farmland but I am not disposed to the idea because of reptiles that may be gaining access into the land, so we didnt do that.

Thanks

Casting should come up very well before laying the blocks.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Thomthom(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
donbrowser:
First change your username. Half of your problem is solved grin grin
e shock me too
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by shollay09(m): 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2022
employ my service and lemme tell you what to do
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by almarthins(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
money121:
Is that blocks or ordinary Sand undecided undecided
You need to hold that ur bricklayer responsible

This one no be bricklayer fault. The place like where water flowing down gain much force, and also the ground is soft when it rain heavily.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by almarthins(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2022
Since it fell twice, no guarantee it won't fall again. If u really wan spend money just call beta building engineer. I for advice make you use net fence for that area with 2 inches galvanized iron poles for that area.
Water need to find way out
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by mecussey(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks

Copy from nature... Check swampy areas, you will see what the floor is made of. The base of your fence needs concrete floor
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by lereinter(m): 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2022
Use galvanized steel for the water logged section
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Dakunzy: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2022
That area is water logged....build up a concrete retaining wall and it’s solved
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by emanobis(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
First of all, from what I can see from the picture; it looks like d block is moulded with Stone dust-not advisable for a moist area.
Secondly, you hv to spend a little to put a stop to that...escavate the ground not less 2-3ft deep, cast it and then lay your blocks on the solid cast.
Finally, use 9" solid block.
I mean block made with pure sharp sand...not Stone Dust
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Missionaire: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see dwarf demons living under that fence, I see them pushing down the fence whenever you erect it, you will have to anoint your fence with palm oil, so that the dwarf demons can stop pushing down your fence and start fighting each other on who will lick the oil.

This I have seen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Itzi8(m): 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks

That side of the fence should be erected with solid mixtures and blocks as well. Not 9 inches hulu blocks. Blind the floor with 1 inch thick stones and strong mixture with (42.5 cement grading) also create possible holes on the laying patterns of the block work underneath, to allow water passage without affecting the structure.

Do well to also chain the pillar rods by each partitions next to each other and same should run half way of the fence going up.

Watch your masons and make sure they're running it well, I mean the cement and against the blocks.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Ipp1: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
How
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
No chaining, shallow foundation, using one bag of cement to mix half trip of sand! Do another budget and get a good engineer to help you out..
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by nizelgirl(f): 4:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Do proper casting this time
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Chopcy29: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Mosquito bite you for yash una go bring am come here
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by mufutau55(m): 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2022
I once had a sloppy problem like that on one of my project. The best is to make a hole as a drainage and install a fine mesh wire to block the hole and the water will still pass thru and no reptile can pass thru it. That is what I did and it has been working well for about 10 years now.

Hajji M.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by phemmyfour: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks
Use pillar in-between and channel the carnal properly. Without proper drainage, it will continue to fall
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2022
The reason the Fence collapsed in that way was
1. It had no foundation
2. It had no pillars 2. It was made of low quality materials
Imagine a huge Mango treed with very shallow roots. Any strong wind will blow it down
About 30% of the height should be under the ground made of concrete

If you have a fence in the open then it is just like a curtain and the wind will cause it to vibrate. Its design must be strong enough to withhold such forces
Strong foundation without this you are just spreading a curtain in the wind
Pillars
Good quality blocks

an engineer that knows what he is doing
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Tradegood: 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
ThisisBuhari:

Thanks

you constructed it without rods.

There must be vertical rods, running from the ground or foundation to a height of the fence. I.e as if the rods are standing the way you are standing. They are called Pillar for a reason
it has nothing to do with the water collection in front of your fence.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by sp2002(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
A poultry farm up for sale

Land size :- 4acres
Proximity :- Nestle, honeywell, international brewery etc
Pen :- 1
Pen capacity :- 10,000 layer + imported cages
Staff quarters
25kva generator
Land Title:- Free from gov acquisition
Price :- N45m negotiable

For more info call/WhatsApp 08137775986
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by hchiboy: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
AMEN
Aniluvreal:
shocked

Exactly how Tinubu will fell(fail) and shattered completely.
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by hchiboy: 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
AMEN
Aniluvreal:
shocked

Exactly how Tinubu will fell(fail) and shattered completely.

Amen ✅️ �
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by Uniquekriss(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
miqos02:
if only you know how money people naira land have saved their lives or pockets, you won't make this post. Nairaland is a forum and not a blog. Lib is a blog not a forum. You need to understand the difference. All topics are welcomed in a general forum.
All topics are welcome indeed. When you sleep with your spouse you bring it on NL cos it's a forum and not a blog. English teacher!
Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by meneski(m): 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2022
Oga leave some chucking space open at the bottom for water to pass.
Weda u like it or not reptile go one day enter

2 Likes

Re: Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) by harmony75: 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
Dig the foundation fresh and solidify the concrete more. You need to do it before herdsmen with their cow get hold of your crops.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abbco Towers Sharjah, UAE Gutted By Fire (Video) / Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki / The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.