Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,840 members, 7,930,907 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:36 AM

What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � (30618 Views)

Census: NPC Postpones Training For Enumerators, Supervisors Till Further Notice / 12 Painful Career Truths That People Conceal From Themselves / I Am So Scared And Don't Even Know How To Face Them On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by OvertheTop(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2022
mfm04622:

You go to an ATM anytime you want, you withdraw money with the card. You don't know banks spend a lot of money to ensure you can do that? They should spend all that money to make life easy for you free of charge?
1. They built ATM gallery, it cost money
2. They buy ATM, it cost money
3. They buy inverter and batteries, it is expensive
4. They pay for power (bill or diesel)
5. They sort money to put in ATM (you can't just put any money in ATM, ATM will only accept ATM fit notes). This is very expensive to do as you need expensive machine to sort, staff and other equipment for the sorting center
6. You buy data services for internet connection, it cost money
7. Them you employ staff to manage the ATM.

All above are cost banks have to incur to ensure you can have access to your money anytime you want. If you use your bank ATM, all these are free! Free! So how do you want banks to recoup the expenses they incur to provide the services for you? How much are they charging you quarterly?
Even what you are charged for using other bank's ATM is to defray the cost of the other bank checking your account to see if your have enough to do the transaction and then doing the transaction. Another company provide that services that link banks together when needed. Even at that, your bank pay for the 1st 3 transactions of every month on your behalf!

the Above does not justify the numerous Deductions

1. The Money we all save in the bank is used by the Bank for investment and they get massive returns.
2. The ATM card is not FREE we bought Them
3. They even give almost nothing back in interest for Money saved.
4. There are Numerous other charges... some they even deduct without Notifying you (including you the defender)
5. I am also aware we pay for 3rd party transactions in ATMs and when you do transfers to other Banks
6. even though inter-switch does the linking of banks, they should pay from their Massive Business returns
7. You leave 1k in your account, in 1 Year it would be emptied by Deduction

How would you feel if MTN was

1. Charging You SIM card fee.
2. SIM card Maintenance fee
3. Mobile Number selected Maintenance fee
4. MTN Base station Infrastructure fee.

No Justification for the numerous Deductions Abeg.

1 Like

Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by lascos912(m): 9:32am On Jun 28, 2022
security job without gun

1 Like

Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by lascos912(m): 9:32am On Jun 28, 2022
security guide without gun
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by mfm04622: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2022
OvertheTop:

the Above does not justify the numerous Deductions

1. The Money we all save in the bank is used by the Bank for investment and they get massive returns.
2. The ATM card is not FREE we bought Them
3. They even give almost nothing back in interest for Money saved.
4. There are Numerous other charges... some they even deduct without Notifying you (including you the defender)
5. I am also aware we pay for 3rd party transactions in ATMs and when you do transfers to other Banks
6. even though inter-switch does the linking of banks, they should pay from their Massive Business returns
7. You leave 1k in your account, in 1 Year it would be emptied by Deduction

No Justification for the numerous Deductions Abeg.

1. They are providing services for you by keeping your money for you! If you keep it with Alajo, will it be free? So it is a service you are even supposed to pay for!
2. What you pay for is the card! You think banks pick up the card from the street? Is it free to print your name on the card? Is it free to encode the card to work with your account?
3. Worldwide, interest on savings account is low. Some countries even charge negative interest. That is, you pay the bank money when you keep your money with them. Some Europe countries had negative interest rate when they were trying to get out of recession. Japan too. So, it is normal for interest on savings account to be low.
4. Any charge they charge you is for services they render! How much do they want to steal from you that will be worth losing their goodwill?
6. This makes no sense! Why should a company set up to make profit provide free services? If you want free services, set up a bank and offer the services. At the end of the month, tell your staff God will bless them for their generosity. Banks are set up to make profit for shareholders, not as a charity organizations.
7. This is explained by alert charges. Every time they add the small interest on that 1k, there will be an alert and it will be charged for. If the interest is less than the alert service charge, your account will continue to reduce even though you didn't touch the money. The solution is to request that you don't want SMS alert. Your money will remain the same.
MTN has no need for that because they collect all the cost of rendering services to you at the point of you enjoying the service. You are complaining because banks wait 3 months to collect the cost of rendering their services to you.
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by vickydevoka(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2022
OgogoroFreak:
which country you dey type from?

The last time I told one b4 time, that was the last time my messages were replied.
Something once happened to me. I was shocked. Buh mine was different, she ask me to get her something of 12k. As soon she wore me de Money she stopped talking to me. N me I Happy bcus she just saved me.
If I wan to get marry , I must use this method. Ladies can't hide their anger or frustration for long.
Marry a gal who can give so when you are broke she will elevate you. My brothers wife can give like tomorrow no dey. Buh her cousins are taken advantage of that
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by vickydevoka(m): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
OgogoroFreak:

The last time I told one b4 time, that was the last time my messages were replied.
Something like this once happened to me. I was shocked. Buh mine was different, she ask me to get her something of 12k. As soon she wore me de Money she stopped talking to me. N me I Happy bcus she just saved me.
If I wan to get marry , I must use this method. Ladies can't hide their anger or frustration for long.
Marry a gal who can give so when you are broke she will elevate you. My brothers wife can give like tomorrow no dey. Buh her cousins are taken advantage of that
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by vickydevoka(m): 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
OgogoroFreak:

Something like this once happened to me. I was shocked. Buh mine was different, she ask me to get her something of 12k. As soon she wire me de Money she stopped talking to me. N me I Happy bcus she just saved me.
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by Ovulo: 9:37am On Jun 30, 2022
Religious scam!
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by lavylilly: 2:34am On Jul 01, 2022
grin
Newton2024:
Admission acceptance fee.
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by SMJay: 3:14am On Jul 03, 2022
grin
alabi484:
Remote work that you still have to show up at work...what is now remote about it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by SMJay: 3:15am On Jul 03, 2022
Efuaye:
'No change' after shopping at the shopping Mall.
It seems that it is a deliberate move by cashiers to rip off shoppers.
cool
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by SMJay: 3:22am On Jul 03, 2022
sonogo:
Bank stamp duty
This BSD makes me mad, wetin consign me with BSD, is the bank not supposed to pay, why me?
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by SMJay: 3:23am On Jul 03, 2022
vickydevoka:

How do you knw. My brothers wife has been far. After pregnancy she became slimmer. That was when I found out that it's not normal
And she was sick?
Re: What Scam Has Become So Normalized That People Don't Even Notice It? � by lavylilly: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2022
undecidedright
vickydevoka:

Something like this once happened to me. I was shocked. Buh mine was different, she ask me to get her something of 12k. As soon she wire me de Money she stopped talking to me. N me I Happy bcus she just saved me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Application Letter Be Handwritten Or Typed? / Hyundai Heavy Industry Intakes (batch 1---6). / Vacancy At Diamondbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.