Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,056 members, 7,977,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:32 PM

Pure Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pure Heart (162 Views)

Clean Hands; A Pure Heart... / Clean Hands; A Pure Heart... / A Pure Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pure Heart by AbundantLife05: 6:27am On Jun 26, 2022
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
PURE HEART. Psalms 24:4
Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, Who do not worship idols And never tell lies. NLT.

Good morning dear friends, it is a lovely day to share the word of God with you guys and I pray that we will get our hearts renewed by the word of God in Jesus name.

This morning, our topic is pure heart. The best way to start this topic is from the meaning of pure. Pure according to Oxford Languages is; “not mixed with any other substance”. Heart on the other hand can stand for the mind. Don’t forget that we humans are spirits who have a body and a soul (mind: the place of will, emotions and thoughts). To serve God perfectly, our spirit must connect to God, our soul must long for him and our body must be set apart for him. The topic this morning relates to a mind that is free from other “substance” that does not glorify God. It is a heart pure and devoid of sin and the things of this world.

At this point, someone will ask, is this possible? The answer is yes, it is possible. I know that we live in a sinful world and we pick things consciously and unconsciously from the society. Before we know what is going on, we are already exhibiting these things (sinful things) we have picked from the society and from our families like anger, gossiping, loose talk lying and others. How then do we overcome these things and have a pure heart? The answer is found in Romans 12:1-2: [1]And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. [2]Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. NLT. We overcome by renewing our hearts by the word of God. The word of God has capacity to change the way we thank and change us into a new person.

The thrust of this teaching is that the word of God renew our spirit and removes all dirt away from our lives. Romans 6:11-12: [11]So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus. [12]Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. NLT. This scripture tells us that we are dead to sin and that sin should not control us. Scriptures like this changes our mentality and tells us that we have dominion over sin which makes us live our lives to please God. Other Scriptures that can change our mentality are; Galatians 5:24: Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. NLT. 1 John 3:9: Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. NLT.

To have a pure heart, we need to feed on the word of God everyday by studying, by meditating and by consciously living it out. Psalms 119:11: I have hidden your word in my heart, That I might not sin against you. NLT.

On this note, if you have not given your life Jesus and you are willing to do so to have a pure heart, say this prayer with me; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and I will be your witness till the end. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by the teaching and you have questions and comments. Contact Abundant Life Vision through the following platforms:
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

Re: Pure Heart by muyico(m): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2022
More strength to you!

1 Like

Re: Pure Heart by Cypress042: 7:27am On Jun 26, 2022
Following cool

(1) (Reply)

Church On Fire Somebody Help / Https://kanoreporters.com/world-council-of-churches-wcc-elects-south-african-sch / New Facts About Angels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.