Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,944 members, 7,963,000 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:11 PM

Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo (448 Views)

Photo Of Godfrey Mark Chimezie, The Catholic Priest Kidnapped In Abia State / John Gbakaan Yaji: Bandits Kill Catholic Priest Kidnapped In Niger State / Valentine Oluchukwu: Priest Kidnapped While Travelling For His Father's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by Marvhaz: 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
We hadn't yet recovered from the news of the MURDER of our brother Rev. Fr. Vitus Borogo, of Kaduna Archdiocese, when I heard again that my Classmate and brother, Rev. Fr. Christopher Ọdia has been kidnapped.

Fr. Christopher had gone to his garage this morning, June 26 2022, to drive to his Church compound for Mass, only to fall into the hands of waiting kidnappers.

The communications Director of the Catholic Diocese of Auchi, Rev. Fr. Peter Egielewa, confirmed this in a press release which stated: "Information reaching us is that Fr. Christopher Odia has been kidnapped this Sunday morning 26th June 2022...Lets pray for his quick release"

How can anyone convince me that the Catholic Church in Nigeria isn't under attack? How can anyone convince me that this isn't about religion?

From the North to the South, to the East to the West, Catholic Priests, Seminarians, Rev. Srs., parishioners, and Catholic Churches have been specifically targeted by bandits, kidnappers and Terrorists.

We have been picked up from the highways, from our Churches, Rectories, Seminaries, and even Convents.

What offence did we commit? What evil did we do? Why is the Government of the day silent about our predicament?

May God continue to fight for his children.

Please pray for the safe release of my classmate and brother.

© Oselumhense Anetor, 2022

https://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/06/catholic-church-under-attack-another.html
Re: Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by Totilopussylick(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
Re: Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by Nwodosis(m): 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
Catholic church don't pay ransom for any kidnapped priest! Why are they still after them?
Re: Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by anonymuz(m): 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
Again? That owo massacre is giving them more boldness because if they've been arrested, they will not be on the rampage like this. I pray the father comes back safe and soonest.
This is Nigeria where our government are so insensitive.
Re: Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by Thomthom(m): 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
anonymuz:
Again? That owo massacre is giving them more boldness because if they've been arrested, they will not be on the rampage like this. I pray the father comes back safe and soonest.
This is Nigeria where our government are so insensitive.
They said the priests is dead already,, may his soul rest in peace
Re: Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by MrCover: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by anonymuz(m): 9:06am On Jun 27, 2022
Thomthom:
They said the priests is dead already,, may his soul rest in peace
my brother I'm tired. I think they want war. No wahala. If we don't die for our right we are all coward.
Re: Catholic Church Under Attack?: Another Priest Kidnapped In Auchi Diocese, Edo by Shellsploit: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2022
Na wa ooo...

(1) (Reply)

Two Men Rape 2-year-old Girl In Kebbi State / Gunmen Attack NYSC Lodge, Rob And Rape Women In Akwa Ibom / Adamawa Pastor's Daughter Freed After Payment Of Ransom, While Their Sons Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.