Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,783 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections (3305 Views)

Apc Apologize To Labour Over Rigging The Presidential Election Read For More / Aba By-Election: APC Already Rigging The Poll In All Units - Chimaobi Ebisike / Video Showing Boko Haram Tactically Killing Over 100 Nigerian Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
pacesetting:
But they can move freely in the North? Okay.
most of bornu people are living in IDcamps in millions, thousands so it's very easy to reach. They no born inec staff well to move around in northern bornu. Or brinin gwari of kaduna state. So as it's happening here so it's happening there too..the difference is no idp camps in South East. But same time inec can not move around in orlu zone and parts of anambra State.
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oplomo:

stanluiz, which tribe do you belong? The writer is talking about owerri not orlu. grin grin

I am talking about imo state as a whole
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Thebadpolitican(m): 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
Oga, alot of ipob people in South East has vowed never to register and collect their PVC. So channel your grievances to ipob. Orlu zone has been the hot bed of ipob activity . They even killed some staff and people.blame the choas on ipob leave stupid marginalization by inec. The problem with the machines is everywhere in the country.

Am reporting this false information
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by pacesetting: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Why would there be fewer machines in the first place?

Billions have been given for this exercise where did it go?

I could remember in 2015 when I did my PVC registration, the machines were available for every ward.
okeysoninv:
the problem with the machines is national wide, you don't expect inec staffs to move into hinter land where their security is not guaranteed. Discard ipob , let's get south east working again. Or continue shielding them let's our zone continue burning. Thank you
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Oplomo: 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
I am talking about imo state as a whole

What party do you belong, are you for Tinubu? grin grin
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oplomo:

What party do you belong, are you for Tinubu? grin grin
I bu ewu-ndigambia . No time for nonsense talk here
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by pacesetting: 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
How about Owerri town? There is Okigwe too. Only 70,000 have registered so far in the entire state.

Common, you guys should make a better escuse than this.
okeysoninv:
most of bornu people are living in IDcamps in millions, thousands so it's very easy to reach. They no born inec staff well to move around in northern bornu. Or brinin gwari of kaduna state. So as it's happening here so it's happening there too..the difference is no idp camps in South East. But same time inec can not move around in orlu zone and parts of anambra State.
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Samunique(m): 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
there is enough machines at inec office in aba road. Go there and register
Which part of Aba road pls ?
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by okeysoninv: 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2022
Samunique:
Which part of Aba road pls ?
go to the main office before the gra junction. Na there my neighbor did her own
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Biafranodogwu55: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
Oga, alot of ipob people in South East has vowed never to register and collect their PVC. So channel your grievances to ipob. Orlu zone has been the hot bed of ipob activity . They even killed some staff and people.blame the choas on ipob leave stupid marginalization by inec. The problem with the machines is everywhere in the country.
Anu mpam
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by owem19(m): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
shattap if you have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
those inec officer are from the north or west? blame the workers who want to take every opportunity to make money
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by pinkguy(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lol zamfara will all the violence still collect more than south east state
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by yyba: 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:
Stop blaming helpless youths, INEC is already rigging the next elections and I would explain how. What I'm writing about is based on personal experience as well as that of others. The areas most affected in this mass disenfranchisement include regions outside the core North but particularly Lagos, SE and SS.

Already, the latest data released by INEC shows that Imo State has the lowest number of registrants, at less than 100,000. While it may come as shock to many but to those informed, this is to be expected going by what INEC is doing i.e. mass disenfranchisement of eligible voters in particular areas.

I will use Imo State as a case study because I'm currently in Owerri. What INEC is doing in Imo State amounts to gross violation of human rights and it makes me weep for this country.

I lost my PVC I used during the last general elections and decided to go and collect another one but I never realized it was going to be such a battle. I first went to INEC office at Owerri municipal council but the crowd I met was so much and I couldn't succeed. I later heard they were registering at Winners Chapel headquarters along P.H road and the crowd wasn't much, at least relative to the Owerri municipal council, I immediately drove there but alas, on getting there I saw many people too and a lady I spoke with said she came since morning and her number is 95 yet she doubt if she would succeed. After a while, I realized it was a futile exercise and left in disappointment.

Several days later, I went back to Owerri municipal council, and pleaded with one of the INEC staff who eventually smuggled out a form for me. The suffering people are going through just to get PVC in Imo State is so appalling. I saw disabled people, pregnant women and the old among others literally begging almost to tears for them to be attended to.

When I eventually got inside due to the "exceptional help" of the INEC staff, I immediately understood why there was so much crowd outside. There was ONLY ONE GADGET!!. To the woman's credit, she was fast and experienced. However, even if she works like a robot 24 hours/7days till the last day of registration, she would never be able to attend to all. I doubt a single person/machine would be able to register up 100 people a day.

To add to the frustration of the people, this is a state where Mondays are lost to sit-at-home then INEC expects the remaining 4 days to be wasted at their offices on a wild goose chase?

Forget about the pretence people, INEC is one of the biggest problems Nigeria has today. I don't know whose interest Mahmood Alli is protecting but the world should know it's never the interest of the Nigerian masses. They would spend more resources on radio jingles and uploading of data on their website but the main areas they should focus on, is deliberately left unattended.

Mr/Alhaji Mahmood Alli, how much does it cost to buy those ordinary looking gadgets so that Nigerians can do their civic responsibility?

I can bet you, the numbers for Imo State and other places in the SE would double within a couple of weeks if adequate gadgets are provided.

These are some of the issues that make people to give up on Nigeria. All these frustrations are too much. Please stop blaming the youths, they're the victims here. Mahmood Alli's INEC is doing a dirty job and posterity will judge him!

if monday is lost because of sit at home how is that INEC business ? Or is INEC that declare sit at home. Mteew
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by engrchykae(m): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
07kjb:

Stop talking trash why did God allow people like you to exist
it is not God's fault, it was his father that smoked Igbo (kwale special) and washed it down with sapele water before mounting his mother.
And his mother added to the calamity by pushing him out before he could develop brain because she believed that if she inserts the silly thing in incubator, it will survive
Not knowing that incubators don't help brain to form
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by nkemjacob2(m): 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
Assetinvestor:
Stop blaming helpless youths, INEC is already rigging the next elections and I would explain how. What I'm writing about is based on personal experience as well as that of others. The areas most affected in this mass disenfranchisement include regions outside the core North but particularly Lagos, SE and SS.

Already, the latest data released by INEC shows that Imo State has the lowest number of registrants, at less than 100,000. While it may come as shock to many but to those informed, this is to be expected going by what INEC is doing i.e. mass disenfranchisement of eligible voters in particular areas.

I will use Imo State as a case study because I'm currently in Owerri. What INEC is doing in Imo State amounts to gross violation of human rights and it makes me weep for this country.

I lost my PVC I used during the last general elections and decided to go and collect another one but I never realized it was going to be such a battle. I first went to INEC office at Owerri municipal council but the crowd I met was so much and I couldn't succeed. I later heard they were registering at Winners Chapel headquarters along P.H road and the crowd wasn't much, at least relative to the Owerri municipal council, I immediately drove there but alas, on getting there I saw many people too and a lady I spoke with said she came since morning and her number is 95 yet she doubt if she would succeed. After a while, I realized it was a futile exercise and left in disappointment.

Several days later, I went back to Owerri municipal council, and pleaded with one of the INEC staff who eventually smuggled out a form for me. The suffering people are going through just to get PVC in Imo State is so appalling. I saw disabled people, pregnant women and the old among others literally begging almost to tears for them to be attended to.

When I eventually got inside due to the "exceptional help" of the INEC staff, I immediately understood why there was so much crowd outside. There was ONLY ONE GADGET!!. To the woman's credit, she was fast and experienced. However, even if she works like a robot 24 hours/7days till the last day of registration, she would never be able to attend to all. I doubt a single person/machine would be able to register up 100 people a day.

To add to the frustration of the people, this is a state where Mondays are lost to sit-at-home then INEC expects the remaining 4 days to be wasted at their offices on a wild goose chase?

Forget about the pretence people, INEC is one of the biggest problems Nigeria has today. I don't know whose interest Mahmood Alli is protecting but the world should know it's never the interest of the Nigerian masses. They would spend more resources on radio jingles and uploading of data on their website but the main areas they should focus on, is deliberately left unattended.

Mr/Alhaji Mahmood Alli, how much does it cost to buy those ordinary looking gadgets so that Nigerians can do their civic responsibility?

I can bet you, the numbers for Imo State and other places in the SE would double within a couple of weeks if adequate gadgets are provided.

These are some of the issues that make people to give up on Nigeria. All these frustrations are too much. Please stop blaming the youths, they're the victims here. Mahmood Alli's INEC is doing a dirty job and posterity will judge him!

apart from fresh registration u dont have business being in d queue. Go and do it on the internet. Many of the people there may have done registration b4.
Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by ScamHunter: 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
oga , go to all ipob and biafra pages online. They are not registering . This is not trash.

You're so unintelligent. So because of IPOB, INEC should disenfranchise Igbos by making it difficult for them to participate in an election? You're soooo obtuse. In the north, they use virtually every avenue to register even the underaged. Can you do that in Imo where even the eligible cannot register?

2 Likes

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by BrutusOj(m): 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
okeysoninv:
Stop this nonsense, the Op has raised a serious alarm. I was at AMAC INEC office today after visiting several times to no avail. It's a deliberate attempt by INEC to disenfranchise some Nigerians.The whole of Garki in Abuja has just one centre with only two staff attending to over 700 hundred people after some people left in anger seeing that they will end up wasting their precious time. If they can use corps members to conduct elections, why can't they train corps members to join in the registration exercise? A country where things work smoothly would have allow the registration online where literate people can sit in the comfort of their homes and do the registration with no stress. INEC is up to something.

1 Like

Re: See How INEC Is Tactically Rigging The 2023 Elections by Kingkum: 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
I don't really know what is happening but this is pure wickedness on the part of this dependent national electoral commission.

In my council ward in benue state, they are not doing it anywhere, i remember when i wanted to renew my pvc, i use the opportunity and mobilize people to the centre that time, on reaching there, we were told that they are registering the immediate community in that area only and not outsiders(this is same council ward o in the same local lg o) they later close the centre completely without registering people around the area.

Now, i heard that they are doing it at the lg headquarters only and the crowd is something else. Guys, Will you believe me that from my village to the quarters is far to a point that one will spend not less than #2500 to go and register? And you may not be able to register if people are many.

How then did they expect poor villagers who are struggling to see good food to waste such amount of money to go and register?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Prays On Chair At Eid, His Health Status Questioned / Flash: Hope Uzodinma Daughter Spotted With A 5 Million Naira Handbag / Appeal Court Voids Ngige's Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.