Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,901 members, 7,889,991 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:43 AM

Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking (7376 Views)

Ijaw, Itsekiri Leaders Vow To Shut Down Shell Operations / Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2011
Did u xtians remember jesus said that if a man slaps u,u should give him d other cheek?True xtians shouldn't be on doffensive
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2011
All things shall pass away but d truth(light) will remain d same.If islamic banking is truthful,it is hear to stay.
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by agitator: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2011
manny4life:

Hmmm something is really fishy about this whole mess; will Sanusi be able bear the grunt of all this mess?

Anyway, we can bicker as much as we want, Sanusi is bent on doing as he wish; very unfortunate. I cannot wait to see how this so-called banking will turn out. All those claiming U.S. has Islamic Banking, no doubt that it does but I don't recall the Federal Reserve Bank Chairman championing such banking. In addition, please let me know what chairman of the reserve bank said Islamic Bank "MUST BE" Sharia compliant. I'm really anxious to see such.

OK dude you just sounded like an ignorant, please if u have no clue about banking and interest rate, please stop. A 25% Annual Percentage Interest Rate, while I do support it is a norm for "high risk" loans; that's an average of 2.08% monthly rate. That's what an average business with an average rating in the U.S. pay on their Credit Card debt balance. Talking about profit, it's a standard business norm for businesses not to make profit for the next three years they started business; they can cover pretty much all expense but certainly NOT profit. If Sanusi is really concerned about Interest Rate, that is why he is the CBN governor, let him reduce inject money into the system, that will reduce interest rate. Anyway I'm not on here to lecture anyone.

The money spent educating some people is just a waste.

America where laws are enacted to allow same sex marry because it is their fundamental right
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2011
D old financial world is a failure.D peeps of d world should be looking for alternatives to free demselves from d bondage of
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2011
conventional banks and socalled financial ethics layed down by greedy illminaties and islamic banking seem like an alternativ
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by Vavavoom(m): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2011
redsun:

D old financial world is a failure.D peeps of d world should be looking for alternatives to free demselves from d bondage of
redsun:

conventional banks and socalled financial ethics layed down by greedy illminaties and islamic banking seem like an alternativ
Seem? Yes, conventional banks charge high interest rates and must find a way to match high risk loans with interest rates that allow entrepreneurs to be able to pay back without braking their backs nevertheless, am trying hard to fit in practitioners such as Pakistan, Afghnistan, Iran, Indonesia et al into states that have propspered as a result of practicing Islamic banking. I dare say every system has its pros and cons and to imply that conventional banking system is the foundation for all our troubles is but simplistic at best. Remember countries have applied conventional banking system to thrive; it seems to me the problem lie more with the practitioners than the system.
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by zikclassiq(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2011
Then, they are taking it too far. Infact making it a religious affair will only raise eyebrows. This is a purely economic something that both religions have turned sentimental about.
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by agitator: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2011
zikclassiq:

Then, they are taking it too far. Infact making it a religious affair will only raise eyebrows. This is a purely economic something that both religions have turned sentimental about.

Just greedy christains making an issue out of nothing undecided undecided undecided
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by Obiakara: 11:49am On Jul 26, 2011
whats the big deal. . . other so called developed countries practice Islamic banking . . . why do we make a big deal out of everything in this country!
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by agitator: 1:07pm On Jul 26, 2011
Christians want to win souls grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by manny4life(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
agitator:

The money spent educating some people is just a waste.

America where laws are [b]enacted [/b]to allow same sex marry because it is their fundamental right

And your point is? I'm lost.

Please we are talking about banking not g/ay marriage, besides, same sex marriage wasn't enacted, though it wasn't explicitly said, it was constituted as part of part of the three fundamental rights as defined by the constitution (Right to the pursuit of happiness) where in rights to marry is guaranteed under the equal protection clause; part of the 14th Amendment part to the U.S.C. On that note, I don't know how many [b]laws [/b]you are referring that allowed same sex marriage; however, I do know about laws where the g/ay rights activist claim to be treated as same; equal benefits as heterosexuals. Benefits include adoption, Will and real estate, social status, job discrimination, et al.
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by wasik: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
the only point u guys are putting mouth on is the issue of shedding blood. y dont u react negatively when CAN ar saying their own?
it is when MUSLIM say something dat people will raise their stupid mouth against it. ISLAMIC BANKING IS ISLAMIC BANKING EVERYWHERE IN D WORLD and no one can change it.
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by agitator: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
manny4life:

And your point is? I'm lost.

Please we are talking about banking not g/ay marriage, besides, same sex marriage wasn't enacted, though it wasn't explicitly said, it was constituted as part of part of the three fundamental rights as defined by the constitution (Right to the pursuit of happiness) where in rights to marry is guaranteed under the equal protection clause; part of the 14th Amendment part to the U.S.C. On that note, I don't know how many [b]laws [/b]you are referring that allowed same sex marriage; however, I do know about laws where the g/ay rights activist claim to be treated as same; equal benefits as heterosexuals. Benefits include adoption, Will and real estate, social status, job discrimination, et al.

What I'm saying is everybody has a right to operate a bank provided it doesn't go against the laws of the land.

it is unimportant issue like these that the christians over react to and cause unnecessary religious tensions in this country. is Nigeria the only country with christian and Muslims?

there are other banks, and some people decide to operate a bank based on their religious beliefs which is not against the constitution and you want to person to change the name to suite your taste while you are not compelled by law to bank (save or borrow) with them.
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by darqly(m): 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
I really can't understand why muslims seem to think they should be allowed to make threatening and inflammatory statements and other Nigerians should shut up and take it. Now for a body as high as the supreme council to release such a damning comment and even insinuate the consequences that they are capable of unleashing is downright irresponsible and really crass. Once again religious leaders miss the point and are trading barbs whilst their followers wallow in lack and poverty.
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by soyad: 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
embarassedI think we are wasting our time , let us just go our different ways .
Re: Muslim Leaders Vow To Defend Islamic Banking by buy1get2(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2011
Then religiou war is at hand o,, (fastin&prayin)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MMA2 Begins Free Internet Service For Passengers / The Illegality In Ekiti Impeachment Saga / Obasanjo Has "Finished" Amaechi And Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.