Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,539 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:13 PM

I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank (5440 Views)

Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital / Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by BetaThings: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2011
Arosa:

We don't need an "ex-muslim" now pastor that wanted to be vice president, telling us that Islamic banking is the best for Naija. My problem with Bakare is that I don't know what he is. undecided
Thank God for this. I also thank you very much At least all those muslims being cajoled by their christian neighbours and friends to convert will now realise that they WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED as christians
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by kokogee: 10:30am On Jul 30, 2011
noblezone:

In Onitsha, they deal on liquor, in Makurdi, they deal on Pork! This Islamic bank descrimate against these people. Have you seen the reliogious angle in it?

All Sanusi needed to do was to give the guidelines for Non Interest Banking and Islamic Banking can come under it. It is obvious that the Islamic banks will descrimate people based on their religiuos beliefs. Something is wrong somewhere.

Its just like Sanusi promoting a form of Banking that requires the clients to first accept that Jesus is the Son of God and that He was crucified on the cross and that he rose from the dead and that he is coming back again to judge the earth. What would Moslems say?

Ppl need to get things clear here; the definition of non-interest banking(a culture of the Muslims as contained in the Quran) as initiated by prof Soludo says : it entails banking in line with Islamic practices. Allah forbids interest on loan and pork & alcohol consumptions for Muslims. So if the bank is not taking interest on loans as instructed by Allah, I see no reason why alcohol and pork dealers should expect loan from such bank.

In view of the above, I think the pork & alcohol dealers can obtain loans from the conventional commercial banks or consult the CAN to look through the bible for xtian version of non-interest banking so that the xtian can put resources together to establish non-interest banks that follow the biblical injunction; then alcohol & pork dealers can obtain loans from such banks as long as the bible supports alcohol consumption. It is not compulsory that everybody would get loan from Islamic banks. even commercial banks give loan to only those that meet the condition(s) for giving loan.

Note: ISLAMI BANKING IS NOT COMING TO REPLACE THE CONVENTIONAL COMMERCIAL BANKING, SO ANYONE THAT'S NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR CONDITIONS CAN PATRONISE THE COMMERCIAL BANKS OR ESTABLISH THEIR OWN NON-INTEREST BANK.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by phreakabit(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2011
[size=13pt]“Nobody can Islamise or Christianise Nigeria. Don’t be fooled by church leaders who are speaking from both sides of the mouth. My name is Mr. Bakare and I can change my name to Mallam, an equivalent of Mr., if it will help me get the loan. Islamisation my foot!
[/size]

I was rolling on the bed and laughing when I read the quoted comment. Read the entire comment again then read the parts in RED and GREEN, I am sure you will find out the quote itself makes absolutely no sense! The intelligent ones who have their eyes open will understand. SMH@thePastor really. . .  I don't know who to trust anymore.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by AndyMoore1(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2011
This is not right to come from a pastor. No Islamic religious leader would want to change his title to pastor Alhaji ***** to get loan from bank or something else.
Please let's say the truth. While Islamic Banking may "help" the nation, Bakare's statement is not right. If his motive for changing his title to mallam-the Islamic "equivalent for Mr."-is getting bank loans, then I think it's time to pray for our pastors.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Thatdave(m): 11:07am On Jul 30, 2011
the thing is,

if we permit islamic banking
that economic jihadist(sanusi) will propose
another bokoharam fundamentalist idea!

as for mallam bakare,
he is the type of religious fool that good devils like boko buhari will assisinate after their help in a successful coup!
#hitler did it to a jew.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by alhafizmai: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2011
Since this debate of Islamic Banking of a thing started on NAIRALAND i think by now a sensible and straight minded one would have separated the sense from senseless.
The major point is just to produce a counter Islamic Bank if you can. Atleast Muslim are going for pilgrimage which is a standard pillar of their religious even in their Book and government sought to be aiding them in the course, Christians felt cheated and came with their own version too and it was approved and aided too. Even though it's only from Naija alone that we have such officially, and the pilgrimage site is not even Christianic rather Jewish. Abi is Israel a Christian country is it written in your Book to go for any pilgrimage, did Jesus order such?
Abeg it's high time we emancipated ourselves from all these mental slavery. If you like patronise not the Islamic Bank when began operation na u sabi.srael a Christian country is it written in your Book to go for any pilgrimage, did Jesus order such?
Abeg it's high time we emancipated ourselves from all these mental slavery. If you like patronise not the Islamic Bank when began operation na u sabi.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by sleekfella(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2011
Christainity is fast becoming the most bias religion in the world. just because something comes from another religion does not mean it cannot benifit all of mankind. we lean to tolerate and stop preaching relgion and start following the teaching of our lord Jesus Christ. these CAN leaders are just ignorant and confusionist. what have they ever done for the good of mabkind, but rather they prefer to sell hope to mankind.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:49am On Jul 30, 2011
I have one 'important' question. Must one change his name to Mallam to permit him secure load If yes,then Why
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by phreakabit(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

I have one 'important' question. Must one change his name to Mallam to permit him secure load If yes,then Why

Seems like you are the only one who understood my post. The rest of these I TOO SABI people just dey here dey jibber jabber things of infernal irrelevance to this matter.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by baslone: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2011
What's the big deal!
BetaThings:

Thank God for this. I also thank you very much At least all those muslims being cajoled by their christian neighbours and friends to convert will now realise that they WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED as christians

Genesis of these new generation banks churches. Most founders deceived people by claiming to

be ex-cultist, ex-babalawo, ex-armed robber, ex-muslim, ex-etc! Like the matrix, they got you all fooled!

By the way, I think Mallam means MR!
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Concept(m): 12:32pm On Jul 30, 2011
This man is better than many in Government who take action and cannot defend it. Be man enough to start a case and protect your interest till the end, I think that is when you can achieve; good or bad. Belief backed with passion. We will not be hearing Lawrence Anini today if not that he was passionate with his criminal activities or Pa Nelson Mandela who preffered to spend most part of his lifetime in jail for what he believed in. A businessman who goes against policies that will bring him more profit is either insane or probably found himself at a wrong place however zero interest or not Nigeria will not work until right of the people and corruption are properly addressed. The system is for the smarter ones from all religion affiliates in Nigeria I believe.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by bamosagie(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2011
I am not a fan of Bakare, I have never been his fan. but honestly, there is a difference between Islam and Arabic.
Islam is a religion while Arabic is language for Arabs. Not all Arabs are moslem, they dont discard their language because of the faith they practice. go to any church in nothern Nigeria, the preaching is not complete without the mention of ALLAH(GOD), that does not mean those churches are mosque. what Bakare is saying is that we should seperate culture from religion and just get along.
I have my reservation against the non-interest banking, I know how sentimental we are in this country, and what its introduction will lead to.
There are questions that Sanusi should be answering that nobody is asking.
Question like, what will be the minimum capital base of non-interest banks? since thier loans & savings are without interest, how will they pay for the facilities, properties, infastructures, rates and salaries of staff employed in course of thier business? who will be the financiers of this banks and what is in it for them?
please educate those of us that practise other faiths so that we can erase all forms of suspicion from our minds.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by reindeer: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2011
Come to think of it, im sure the bank wont force anyone to bank with it
Ife in the 90's had the ''Al Fatiha'' bank and no one was restricted or forced to use it. It was open to all and i knew many christians who used it without headaches.
Most people are just so bigoted they can't see beyond their nose. Thank God for people like pastor Bakare. God bless you! Continue to speak the truth and let politicians like Oritse-jaffer go and jump off a cliff.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by vislabraye(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2011
On the surface, Islamic Banking looks ok. But i have my reservations. Nigeria is a country of extremes, and I'm not sure if the purpose of the bank would be abused. Are we sure there's not going to be discrimination? What does Sanusi have under his sleeves? Is he sincere?
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Biggie9: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2011
Shame on this fake pastor. He is still a secret muslim sent to attack the body of christ. The story that he is muslim converted to xtianity is false. no wonder he attacks and abuses his fellow and senior pastors at will. Anyway, no wonder too that he got just 4 % of xtian votes in the 2011 elections.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by gonzaga: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2011
PASTOR BAKARE HAS LOST IT!

Pastor Tunde Bakare, the fiery Preacher of the Latter Rain Assembly has certainly lost it out this time around! I say this with a very deep sense of responsibility and available facts. I will try my best in this article to outline the reasons I arrived at this incontrovertible conclusion.

I used to be a dedicated fan of the Pastor because of his teachings and fearless pronouncements. In fact, my Dad and I used to look forward to his preaching on Channels Television Station every Sunday evening. Though an Ultra Puritanical Catholic and a Knight, my Dad found reasons to listen to his preaching. He would either wake me up to come or I wake him up once the preaching began. I stated this to indicate the fact that I was once a great fan of the fiery Pastor.

During the SNG ( Save Nigeria Group) days I was glad he was at the fore front. I saw him as the John the Baptist of our time, who was chastising Herod for taking his brother’s wife. I saw him as the conscience of the nation who wanted the National Assembly to obey the constitution and its dictates. I saw him as a righteous man who could not stand evil and the desecration of the constitution in any form by any group. I celebrated him and also prayed for him.

This perception had long changed since the 2011 elections,  and the subsequent utterances of the Pastor. Two recent comments made by the Pastor that relates to Holy Scripture come to bear. It is alleged that the Pastor said that “no son of a bastard can lead the Yoruba race and who ever relies on a bastard to lead him was doomed” and recently, while prophesying that a dictator is coming to fix Nigeria, he was alleged to have  also said that ‘’what is about to happen in the country cannot be prayed or wished away because prayers cannot change prophecy’’. I make bold to say to the Pastor that he had gotten it all wrong with these two assertions. The Holy Scripture is clear and I will crave his indulgence to allow me educate him on the position of the scripture on these two sayings.

Firstly, on the issue of “a bastard leading a people”, I want the Pastor to recall the story of Jephthah in the Old Testament (Judges 11 vs 1-32) . Jephthah was a son of a prostitute who was forced to leave home by his brothers when the father died. He was denied his inheritance because he was perceived to be a bastard ( Tunde Bakare would have done same). But when Israel came under immense attack from the Ammonites, it was this same Jephthah that the Lord empowered to deliver his people - Israelites. His brothers that drove him away now sought  after him, begging and pleading with him to come and deliver them. That was a bastard, who led the almighty Israel into victory. Do we still need to believe the pastor that says a bastard cannot lead a people? Let me remind him of the fact that; God writes on crooked lines. He does not choose the “qualified” but “qualifies the chosen”. He can bless and curse at the same time.

No mortal man, including Pastor Bakare can interfere with the exclusive preserve of God, which is to choose whom to bless and in what quantity He will bless. Moses was a Stammerer and Aaron was an Orator, but Moses was chosen ahead of Aaron. David was a shepherd boy and Gideon was not only from the weakest clan in Manasseh, but was also the least important member of his family (Judges 6 vs 15). Yet God chose him to lead Israel out of bondage. The Pastor should be a greater authority on the mysteries of God’s ways. But alas! Politics has blinded and deluded our once objective Pastor. He now reads and probably doesn’t understand the scripture.

The second and the most blasphemous of all is his opinion that prayers cannot change prophesy. When I read this, I shuddered in disbelief, as even a Sunday school pupil knows that God’s mercy is beyond human comprehension. I will again assume the role of a teacher in educating the pastor on the teachings of the Bible as regards this issue. In the Old Testament ( 2Kings 20 vs 1-6) God sent Prophet Isaiah son of Amoz to go and tell King Hezekiah that he would die. As soon as Hezekiah heard this prophesy, he turned to the wall and wept. He prayed and begged God to reconsider His stance. Before Isaiah left the palace, God told him to return to the king and tell him that he would no longer die. Instead, 15 additional  years had been added to his life. Is this not a classical example of a prophesy that was changed through prayer and supplication?

The Bible is replete with stories of how God changed His mind about Israel each time  they repented and turned from their evil ways. The Pastor in his assertion did not place any pre-conditions. Instead, he stated categorically and emphatically that; ‘’what is about to happen in the country cannot be prayed or wished away because prayers cannot change prophecy’’. This again is so sad and disappointing. The Pastor, since after the general elections (where his party was perceived to have lost out) has dedicated time in mis-quoting the scripture. He spends preaching time trying to either justify electoral violence or talk about the elections. He tries as much as he can to comb the scripture for any little part he can use to achieve a political objective. When he is not doing any of these, he is preaching politics instead of winning souls for God.

Listening to him preach these days makes me sad, as I still remember when he was not yet shackled will this political chains. The pastor is now in bondage and it is the congregation that I pity the most. They constitute his direct constituency and instead of nourishing their souls on Sunday, they are bedeviled with political discussions and empty political prophesies. I doubt if the church members even voted for him in the last election.

If Pastor Bakare had said to the General or his Political Boss that I am glad you consider me worthy for this position of a Vice President, but I will rather remain in the Pulpit and the Civil Society, to constructively criticize and nourish souls. If you allow me, I can recommend a few good men whom you can choose from, as I don’t think combining active politics and winning souls can be effectively combined. Moreover, I have not been involved in active politics and so, I don’t have a political followership to bring to the table. But I will support via other means. This being done, I am sure and convinced he would have been a hero today, even after his political party had lost out in the Presidential elections. He would also have done justice to members of his congregation who belong to other political parties. He would have still have had admirers all over the world including my humble self and my 70 years old father. He would have remained a conscience to the nation and a voice to reckon with. But today, anything he says is viewed from the political prism and rightly so.

The lesson in all of this is that; the clergy should try as much as possible not to be drawn into partisan politics. They should remember that the congregation is made up of diverse individuals who come for the sole purpose of soul nourishment. Their political leanings notwithstanding, the church should accommodate all. When the chief shepherd toes a particular political ideology or follows a political party, it is expected that all obedient sheep will follow the voice of the master.  All that acts in the contrary will either be openly segregated or tacitly sidelined. Men of God should remain as so and be the voice of the voiceless and the moral and spiritual barometer of the Society. I can’t Imagine Cardinal Okogie or Pastor Enoch Adeboye going around canvassing for votes! The Pastor can still do a bit of damage control by re-focusing his preaching to dwell on more spiritual things and less political things. As a ‘’believer’’ he should take solace in the fact that all things work together for good for those who love God. After all, it is not compulsory that he must win an election into a political office.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by manny4life(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2011
People NO ONE will win this issue over Islamic banking; I'll say 'they should go ahead and let's see what happens at the end of the day.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by executinal(m): 2:05pm On Jul 30, 2011
kokogee:

Ppl need to get things clear here; the definition of non-interest banking(a culture of the Muslims as contained in the Quran) as initiated by prof Soludo says : it entails banking in line with Islamic practices. Allah forbids interest on loan and pork & alcohol consumptions for Muslims. So if the bank is not taking interest on loans as instructed by Allah, I see no reason why alcohol and pork dealers should expect loan from such bank.

In view of the above, I think the pork & alcohol dealers can obtain loans from the conventional commercial banks or consult the CAN to look through the bible for xtian version of non-interest banking so that the xtian can put resources together to establish non-interest banks that follow the biblical injunction; then alcohol & pork dealers can obtain loans from such banks as long as the bible supports alcohol consumption. It is not compulsory that everybody would get loan from Islamic banks. even commercial banks give loan to only those that meet the condition(s) for giving loan.

Note: ISLAMI BANKING IS NOT COMING TO REPLACE THE CONVENTIONAL COMMERCIAL BANKING, SO ANYONE THAT'S NOT SATISFIED WITH THEIR CONDITIONS CAN PATRONISE THE COMMERCIAL BANKS OR ESTABLISH THEIR OWN NON-INTEREST BANK.

See you see advice. So you mean the essence of introducing Islamic bank is because of Pork and Alcohol? angry It is only in Nigeria that you see Muslim pretending not to take part in Alcoholic drink and so on. 99% of Muslim is Europe take excess alcohol on daily basis. Mallam Bakare just exposed himself that he is still a core Muslim whom fail to actualize his dream through order means. See Mallam Bakare taking. Aboki will always remain Aboki no matter what you do to change them sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by Texther(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2011
phreakabit:

[/b][/size]

I was rolling on the bed and laughing when I read the quoted comment. Read the entire comment again then read the parts in RED and GREEN, I am sure you will find out the quote itself makes absolutely no sense! The intelligent ones who have their eyes open will understand. SMH@thePastor really. . .  I don't know who to trust anymore.

U and I ar d same. LOL!!!
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by strangest(m): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2011
See pastor dey support yahoo boys wey dey change their names collect money from magas
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by WebSurfer(m): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2011
not confusion, its the truth
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by iyeyemi: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2011
Na wa oooooo, I wish Nigerians could be this vocal on other Government actions, nay, inactions - as they are on religious matters. Of all the uselessness prevalent in the workings of the ruling class, this is the battle that everybody is most up in arms about. Where are all the CANS and Sharia Councils when it comes to the plight of the youth, corruption and the overall hopelessness of the government of the day?
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by umblerra1: 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2011
Lol. This man keeps outdoing himself by the day.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by seunlayi(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2011
changing your name from Isaac to Isiaka because of loan is daylight darkness robbery.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by 9javoice1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2011
‘[b]Signposts to The Emergence of a Dictator’

All the christians here, please is there any church that preaches this kind of topic in their sunday service ?
Pastor mallam bakare has lost it all.
If bakare is an igbo man we might think it is an igbo way of life.
what are the members of that church waiting for ? they should tell the man bye bye with his political sermons.

@ gonzaga
my brother God bless you for your words of advice to our backsliding pastor
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by reindeer: 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2011
I think one of the most intelligent things anyone can do about this is to try and find out the meaning of the word ''Mallam'' may be sensible conversations will come out then.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by tlops(m): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
things to note:

Mallam means Mr or monsieur.

two: is Mallam arabic or Hausa? (I see  no fuss if mr Tlops becomes mallam Tlops on the basis of appelation. after-all, those who studied in russia were most time given an equivalent russian name)

I think if the banking system is eventually successful it be well tailored so it does not become discriminatory (I guess that is the fear).

I do not think the conventional banking system discriminate based on who is heading them, they offer their services secular.

what will the capital base of the bank be, since no bank is (currently) being financed by the govt, we expect that to remain.

personal question
how will the bank raise its financial base, will it offer IPO? are we suppose to expect (assuming the public invested ) an increase in our investment?
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by medstyle22: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2011
To y'all that do not understand what islamic banking means, its an assignment for you to go and research on instead of argueing blindly.
As for Bakare he is not changing his name, he is only changing his titlt which he has the right to do.
Put on your thinking caps guys
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by greatogwu: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2011
NIGERIANS NOT CHRISTIANS ARE AFRAID OF ISLAMIC BANK BECAUSE THE TERROR GROUP COULD USE IT TO SMUGGLE OR LAUNDER MONEY TO SPONSOR TERROR.

BAKARE IS NO BODY TO COMMENT ON NATIONAL ISSUE BECAUSE HE LACKS UNDERSTANDING.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by ChefMike(m): 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2011
Islamic banking exist in the western world why can't it work in Nigeria.Sentiment should be put aside.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by TOPAI7(m): 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2011
The so called christian or westernize form of banking have never yielded us dividend.
They lay off staffs at will.
You can't get access to loans.
Now the CBN wants to give us a lift of life and we are still agitating.

I don't care its name as long as it can help entrepreneurs to get loan to run their business.
Pastor Bakare speak on, since the rest of the Pastors have chosen to align themselves to politicians and selfishness. They live extravagant lives at the expense of we, the congregation.

The only reason this form of banking should be stopped is if Pastor Oritsejafor, PFN, CAN and co will loan us money out of their largesse.
Re: I can change my name to Mallam Bakare to get loan from Islamic bank by medstyle22: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2011
@TOPA17
That is very correct.
Infact Av never seen an average living pastor
before u know it BAM!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Lies About Making Money Online That You Have Been Told / The Army Destroyed 2000 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / Fidelity Bank Announces 94% Surge In PAT In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.