Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,090 members, 7,977,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:51 PM

SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country (751 Views)

Farooq Kperogi: There Is No US Study Saying Igbos Are Smartest Tribe In Nigeria / Reno Omokri Corrects A Twitter Fan For Saying Igbos Are Isrealites / Wike: Those Saying I Want To Destroy PDP Over Presidential Ticket Loss Are Sick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
Read Carefully:

Let me further declare my bias here; I am an Igbo man from Anambra State.

A Benin friend told me last week that I support Peter Obi because he's Igbo and from Anambra State! I was actually speechless at his prejudice!

Someone also said it's time we help the Igbos they have suffered so much in this country; I was like seriously?

I still hear some say voting for Peter Obi will be justice for the Igbos; ignorance is really really appalling!

Let me drop a few points here;

If some of the reasons alluded above is why you are supporting Peter Obi, then you are not different from the Tribal Warlords and Religious extremist!

Let me shock you further;

when I was at Abuja last year. I joined a discussion at the Hotel lobby and one Northern guy declared with uncommon arrogance; *" THE IGBOS SHALL CONTINUE TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY, THEY WILL NEVER SMELL THE PRESIDENCY, THEY WILL PAY DEARLY FOR 1966...!"*

I asked him; Do you think the Igbos are suffering in this country? He thundered yes!

I told him my brother, let me help you a little bit; *" THE IGBOS WILL BE THE LAST TO SUFFER IN THIS COUNTRY!"* NO MATTER HOW BAD THIS COUNTY BECOMES THE AVERAGE IGBO BUSINESS MAN IS THE MOST INSULATED!

Everyone turned at me in shock; My Northern guy thundered; it's a lie, it's a lie! Which position do they occupy in this country?

I said let me help your ignorance a little;

Who paid for this Hotel? Your company or yourself? He said his company. I said do you know who owns the Hotel? He said no, I told him. He said then he won't lodge here again. I said my brother from TRANSCORP Hotels Owned by Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu to Bolingo to Chelsea, To Top Rank, To Rockview, to almost 95% of Hotels in Abuja here is owned by the same people you said are suffering!

I told him if you car is bad where do you buy your parts from?

If you are buying books, stationeries, school bags, etc who sells them at the market?

If you want to build where do you buy your building materials from?

I told him, I could go on and on.

I told him even in Port Harcourt, even in Lagos, almost every nook and cranny of this country; *"THE CHANCES THAT YOU WILL SPEND 90% OF YOUR INCOME ON AN IGBO MAN IS AS REAL AS TODAY!"*

Every where became silent! Let me explain why the Igbo man suffering is just a mirage;

The Government makes policy to increase import tariffs; Igbo man goes out import the goods, pays the tariffs and custom duties, afterwards he factors it into the cost of materials. You go to him to buy at the new price. He makes his Normal profit. *"AT THE END THE NEW TARIFF IS PAID BY WHO?* Everyone was shocked!

I told them no matter what Government does it can never affect the average businessman; The average businessman will always make his profit and shift the burden to the purchasers!

The only tribe in this country that have secured their Economy almost 100% is the Igbos. It's only in Igboland where Business and Property ownership is almost 98% owned by them! After they secured their homeland, they also arrive in your domain and in some instances control 50-80% of the entire commercial activities and sometimes upto 15-25% property ownership apart from Abuja they own about 70-75%. *"And you said they are suffering?"*

After about 40minutes of my indepth lecture, my Northern guy became silenced and confused. He suddenly realized that what his political leaders are telling him that we are suffering the igbos is actually boomeranging on them!

To be sincere, 2023 shouldn't be about Justice for the Igbos or it's the turn of the Igbos! How is Katsina after PMB? Go and ask! How did OBJ rule transform the West? Many Southwesterners insist to date that OBJ was never their choice! How did 6-years of Goodluck Jonathan transform BAYELSA?

If Peter Obi campaign goes tribal, I can assure you many people will abandon his campaign including myself!

Peter Obi should be treated on his merit and be given opportunity to rescue this country!

I laughed the other day when Asiwaju declared that he needs well meaning Nigerians to join him and rescue this country! *RESCUE? LIKE SERIOUSLY? FROM WHO?!*

Mods Abeg Move to FP

We are trying to Enlighten Some of them.

6 Likes

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by KingOfTheDamned: 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bros this your rant is too long

The summary is that the OP said don't vote for Peter Obi because he is an Ibo man , vote for Peter Obi because he is the best man for the job.

Oga none of us non Ibo are voting for him because he is Ibo, no! We are voting for him because we like him, his way to life and his ideology.

So sharap abeg

5 Likes

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
[quote author=KingOfTheDamned post=114260505]Bros this your rant is too long the , summari is that the OP said don't vote for Peter Obi because he is an Ibo man , vote for Peter Obi because he is the best man for the job.

Oga none of use non Ibo are voting for him because he is Ibo, no! 2e are.voting for him because we like him, his way to life and his ideology.

Oga Read de complete Note, u ar Readin only Introduction,
If u can't read de full Esptle just Avoid unnecessary comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
Bros this your rant is too long the , summari is that the OP said don't vote for Peter Obi because he is an Ibo man , vote for Peter Obi because he is the best man for the job.

Oga none of use non Ibo are voting for him because he is Ibo, no! 2e are.voting for him because we like him, his way to life and his ideology.

So sharap abeg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by javaguru: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
we too strong abeg

am really proud to be an igbo man, they wax stronger from any tragedy, very resilient and industrious set of people

I can remember back then in school, my akwa ibom class mates likes competing with we igbos, they always say we are the most difficult to beat in games and academic results, we always proof them right.

igbos and yorubas were usually the last contenders, even with their ojoro, Igbos will always make it to the final either with the akwa ibomites or Yoruba's, but the igbos don't miss the last spot, the might win or loss but they dont miss the last spot

at a point the school stopped the event, they had to mix tribe.

3 Likes

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by KingOfTheDamned: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

Bros you too dey vex abeg shift...

Infact I no read again. Smh
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Bros you too dey vex abeg shift...

Infact I no read again. Smh
grin grin as if I de beg u 2 Read de bitter truth grin
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by KingOfTheDamned: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

grin grin as if I de beg u 2 Read de bitter truth grin

Okay so what is the bitter truth ?
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:

Okay so what is the bitter truth ?
Read de Esptle above, u will understand more grin grin
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nigeria's situation is critical at the moment, and the worst thing that would happen to us is for extremely corrupt and business-as-usual type of politicians like Atiku and Tinubu that lavish money on cronies and other corrupt practices to win.
Peter Obi who didn't spend shishi to emerge, someone who already hates waste and corruption will definitely ensure that resources are judiciously used for the masses benefit. By cutting out waste, Peter Obi government would be able to re-channel the resources to areas that need it.

2 Likes

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by KingOfTheDamned: 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

Read de Esptle above, u will understand more grin grin

What is the main point you want to make ,?
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Perfectbeing(m): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
75% of votes in the North and SW are Igbos.
Almost 90% of the hotels in Abuja are owned by Igbos.

This people tell themselves anything to sleep at night.
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by NeckingNgulping(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2022
I will vote Peter Obi in the next presidential elections, because i have compared all three candidates of PDP, APC, and LP. And i have found Peter Obi to be the best.

It beats my imaginations how people still support and canvas for votes for candidates like Atiku and Tinubu who are highly corrupt with questionable characters.

How on earth did they become rich in billions when they never invented or created anything that'll solve human problems that'll bring traffic for patronage? They obviously stole from us.

The two men whose assets and worth are a million times bigger than what they were officially paid as salaries over the years owing to their numerous lootings should never be considered.

Obi as a governor was very impressive. I don't think he stole public funds. Let's give him the chance. I am not saying he's the messiah, but i think he's far better than Tinubu and Atiku economically and age wise..

Don't make a thief a president!!

2 Likes

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by obiekunie01: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
My brother op.

Abeg just reduce the volume so they dont know what we know.

THEY CAN VOTE PETER FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY SO WANT, THE MAIN THING BE SAY - NDI IGBO ARE LIKE A LION IN THE JUNGLE,
NO MATTER THE WEATHER CONDITION THEY PUT THIS COUNTRY IN, WE WILL BE SURVIVING BIG TIME EVEN WHEN OTHERS ARE SERIOUSLY YAWNING!

Anyi bu umu Elohim - nothing do us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by goziem1982(m): 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
Bros this your rant is too long the , summary is that the OP said don't vote for Peter Obi because he is an Ibo man , vote for Peter Obi because he is the best man for the job.

Oga none of us non Ibo are voting for him because he is Ibo, no! We are.voting for him because we like him, his way to life and his ideology.

So sharap abeg

Read to learn bro, learn not to insult people while making your point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Hyperchi(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ops tanks for that. Our leader will Increase price and it will always affect the End user's, meanwhile they have a push to fill their pocket. And the money they share they always get it back. We need who can reduce the price of everything
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Neatboy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
Op

This is exactly what I keep telling people. The Nigeria Civil War has made the Igbo man develop a thick skin against every form of hardship and oppression. If the Igbos are doing exploit even in this crooked system, then how much more will they do when their is equity and meritocracy?

That is why they so much believe that they can survive on their own.
Re: SHORT NOTE: For Those Saying Igbos Are Suffering In This Country by Switruth: 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
Bros this your rant is too long the , summary is that the OP said don't vote for Peter Obi because he is an Ibo man , vote for Peter Obi because he is the best man for the job.

Oga none of us non Ibo are voting for him because he is Ibo, no! We are.voting for him because we like him, his way to life and his ideology.

So sharap abeg
but you and the op are saying the same thing na. Make una dey try read abeg

(1) (Reply)

Posted Obi Dead On Arrival, I Think Obi Is Now Limb On Arrival??? / Tinubu In Dilemma As APC Governors Reject Shettima As Running Mate / APC Members In Bauchi To Dump Party Over Muslim-muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.